2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Since he seemingly has even LESS of a brain then the idiot with a pie, I don't think so. 8-)

User avatar
trekkie
Posts: 2390
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:35 am
Location: Lost in The Delta Quadrant/ New Jersey

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by trekkie »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:In that last panel, it looks like Jessica really wants to clock Falstaff over the head with a blunt object. XD
Who can blame her, really ?
Please state the nature of your medical emergency.

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm surprised that she hasn't done it sooner. XD

NHWestoN
Posts: 10850
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: North of Boston Boy

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm surprised that she hasn't done it sooner. XD
She did stuff his head in a jar of termites once ... which, if he's as wooden-headed as he seems ....well, you know.

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey now. I never said that his head was wooden, I said there was nothing in it. :P

User avatar
dr_eirik
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by dr_eirik »

Ash Greytree wrote: [Lois is with the K-9's, who are searching the woods for Marion. Kevin and Ralph are there, and Kevin has human Marion's scent.]
Kevin: Wait, I think I found something!.
[He holds up the bracelet-necklace.]
Lois: That's one of the friendship bracelets we made a while back. [She holds up her hand to show a matching one.]
Kevin: [Sniffs it That's funny. It also smells like squirrel.
Lois: [Under her breath, remembering the texts she got.] Please let this is all be part of your senior prank, Marion...
Kevin: Wait, Sarge, that squirrel I chased the other day had on the same thing. Didn't she say she wanted to know about transformations?
Lois: Uh...
Ralph: You know there's probably no such thing. We just dealt with ancient treasure and the mystic guardian ghost of a jaguar. That squirrel who was asking us about it seemed like she was two pecans short of a pie, if you ask me.
Lois: I'm sorry, what? Magic is real? And "she"?
[Ralph and Kevin have forgotten that Lois is there at this point]
Kevin: And funny enough, we talked to her real close to the address of the missing person report. Real coincidence, huh?
Lois: [Pointing toward an off-panel direction.] Ok, yeah, I'm just... I'm just gonna head over to that clearing, lie down, and yell at the sky while I have a meltdown. Come find me when you're done talking, alright?

Edit: I got Mungo and Kevin switched around in my head
This got me thinking about a really odd collision of events that could happen.

At some point, the dwellers in the storehouse are surrounded by the K9s that have traced Marions scent. This leads to a confrontation with various characters until he just shouts, "I'm Marion!"
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"

User avatar
CunningFox
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:26 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by CunningFox »

dr_eirik wrote:This got me thinking about a really odd collision of events that could happen.

At some point, the dwellers in the storehouse are surrounded by the K9s that have traced Marions scent. This leads to a confrontation with various characters until he just shouts, "I'm Marion!"
Then everyone else shouts "I'm Spartacus Marion!"

NHWestoN
Posts: 10850
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: North of Boston Boy

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by NHWestoN »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ash Greytree wrote: [Lois is with the K-9's, who are searching the woods for Marion. Kevin and Ralph are there, and Kevin has human Marion's scent.]
Kevin: Wait, I think I found something!.
[He holds up the bracelet-necklace.]
Lois: That's one of the friendship bracelets we made a while back. [She holds up her hand to show a matching one.]
Kevin: [Sniffs it That's funny. It also smells like squirrel.
Lois: [Under her breath, remembering the texts she got.] Please let this is all be part of your senior prank, Marion...
Kevin: Wait, Sarge, that squirrel I chased the other day had on the same thing. Didn't she say she wanted to know about transformations?
Lois: Uh...
Ralph: You know there's probably no such thing. We just dealt with ancient treasure and the mystic guardian ghost of a jaguar. That squirrel who was asking us about it seemed like she was two pecans short of a pie, if you ask me.
Lois: I'm sorry, what? Magic is real? And "she"?
[Ralph and Kevin have forgotten that Lois is there at this point]
Kevin: And funny enough, we talked to her real close to the address of the missing person report. Real coincidence, huh?
Lois: [Pointing toward an off-panel direction.] Ok, yeah, I'm just... I'm just gonna head over to that clearing, lie down, and yell at the sky while I have a meltdown. Come find me when you're done talking, alright?

Edit: I got Mungo and Kevin switched around in my head
This got me thinking about a really odd collision of events that could happen.

At some point, the dwellers in the storehouse are surrounded by the K9s that have traced Marions scent. This leads to a confrontation with various characters until he just shouts, "I'm Marion!"
... And Kevin tackles him. "Alright, put your hands behind yer back! Yer under arrest for pie theft! Bet there's an empty pie pan in that tree house, Mr Pie-Snatchy Squirrel - and don't give that 'the old lady gave it to us line! We're too smart to fall for that old chestnut!"

Sergeant Ralph rolls his eyes to the sky. "DID yah get my joke there, sarge?" beamed Kevin. See, he's a squirrel and squirrels like nuts and a fib everyone knows is a fib is sometimes called 'an old chestnut' and he's telling a fib, so ... "

Sergeant Ralph continues looking at the sky. He's starting to hum a seldom heard old German folk tune and think about his pension.

User avatar
dr_eirik
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by dr_eirik »

NHWestoN wrote:
... And Kevin tackles him. "Alright, put your hands behind yer back! Yer under arrest for pie theft! Bet there's an empty pie pan in that tree house, Mr Pie-Snatchy Squirrel - and don't give that 'the old lady gave it to us line! We're too smart to fall for that old chestnut!"

Sergeant Ralph rolls his eyes to the sky. "DID yah get my joke there, sarge?" beamed Kevin. See, he's a squirrel and squirrels like nuts and a fib everyone knows is a fib is sometimes called 'an old chestnut' and he's telling a fib, so ... "

Sergeant Ralph continues looking at the sky. He's starting to hum a seldom heard old German folk tune and think about his pension.
Ralph finally lowered his gaze, ignoring the chuckles of the other K9's. "Let the squirrel up before you crush her, Kevin." He shook his head, "We're looking for a missing teenager, not a pie thief. Besides, McGillicuddy told you she gave her the pie while she was stuffing you with peanut butter cookies." He picked up the squirrel gently and dusted her off. "Sorry about that. We're looking for a teenage boy named Marion Ward. Do you know where he is?"

The squirrel turned red with a combination of rage and embarrassment, "I AM MARION WARD!!!"
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Silly Zealot »

dr_eirik wrote:I love the running gag. I'm sure Mungo made the exact same comment when he first saw the place.
Nobody wrote:Is Marion missing the necklace?
It worries me that I keep missing out these details.
Frank wrote:She. Has. A. Phone!
It worries me that I keep forgetting this details.
dr_eirik wrote:The squirrel turned red with a combination of rage and embarrassment, "I AM MARION WARD!!!"
Replace Fido for Marion in this comic and that's exactly how I'm picturing the scene.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now that I have reread that comic for the first time in forever, I can definitely see where you got that from and I agree. :P

User avatar
dr_eirik
Posts: 1183
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by dr_eirik »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Now that I have reread that comic for the first time in forever, I can definitely see where you got that from and I agree. :P
I was thinking more like Kings "CENSORED " moment after Binos prank, but that Fido moment works, too.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"

NHWestoN
Posts: 10850
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: North of Boston Boy

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by NHWestoN »

Still hoping Terrance shows up.... or Spo….

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Spo would probably just make in fun of him and tease him remorselessly about how he used to be a male human so I don't think he will be of any help.

Not sure what Terrence could do. Other than come up with the idea to take him to Fido.

User avatar
fenrirblack
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Location: Place of Evil
Contact:

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by fenrirblack »

Something interesting about this strip is Jess’s facial progression. First it’s “I don’t care” then it’s amused by Falstaff’s delusion then it’s “get that pie out of face before I hit you with it.”

You know Karishad might actually be someone who could recognize Marion as a former human. He wouldn’t be someone who could actually do anything about it but he could convince the others Marion was human.

Im going to guess The next scene will most likely be something along the lines of Jess asking “who are you” when Marion comes in and Falstaff and/or Truck give an unhelpful and incorrect statement about who he is leading Marion to say “No, that’s not right.” Followed by Wed when Marion will explain who he is only to realize that the bracelet is missing. Friday we find out who is going to play the role of “savior” aka “villain” in Marion’s story.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.

User avatar
Silly Zealot
Posts: 1756
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Silly Zealot »

fenrirblack wrote:You know Karishad might actually be someone who could recognize Marion as a former human. He wouldn’t be someone who could actually do anything about it but he could convince the others Marion was human.
"How would he be able to tell?"

"Because he is Karishad."

"........Your logic is undeniable."
fenrirblack wrote:The next scene will most likely be something along the lines of Jess asking “who are you” when Marion comes in and Falstaff and/or Truck give an unhelpful and incorrect statement about who he is leading Marion to say “No, that’s not right.” Followed by Wed when Marion will explain who he is only to realize that the bracelet is missing. Friday we find out who is going to play the role of “savior” aka “villain” in Marion’s story.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting answers that easily just yet.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2019, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!

User avatar
fenrirblack
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Location: Place of Evil
Contact:

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by fenrirblack »

Silly Zealot wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:The next scene will most likely be something along the lines of Jess asking “who are you” when Marion comes in and Falstaff and/or Truck give an unhelpful and incorrect statement about who he is leading Marion to say “No, that’s not right.” Followed by Wed when Marion will explain who he is only to realize that the bracelet is missing. Friday we find out who is going to play the role of “savior” aka “villain” in Marion’s story.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting answers that easily just yet.
Answer is a strong word. I’m thinking whoever tags along to “help” Marion will be essential to the plot. If it’s Steward or someone along those lines then yeah Villain. If it’s, well, I can’t think of any reason why anyone else would help him find a random bracelet unless they have an ulterior motive . Or someone could swoop from the shadows to save him when Marion inevitably get attacked by an owl or maybe Skip will make his return to try to eat Marion.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.

User avatar
Ash Greytree
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Ash Greytree »

Silly Zealot wrote:Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting answers that easily just yet.
Yeah, I agree. Answers this soon, like in the next couple of strips, would feel a bit too fast in my opinion, whether the audience gets them or Marion himself gets them somehow. I feel like the next few strips will go like: Marion introduces himself to Jess, asks if he can stay for the night or longer --> Negotiations occur while they're eating pie, Marion gets to stay --> Marion is shown the way to his room/bunk, gets introduced to other treehouse denizens --> As he's about to go to sleep, Marion either 1) Finds his necklace missing but decides that he's already had enough stress and at this point doesn't care about losing yet another thing that tied him to his humanity 2) That he intentionally put it somewhere, either buried or stuffed in a tree/under a rock for safekeeping so that he can retrieve it later 3) He left it in a place that he knows Lois or someone will be able to find it.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.

User avatar
SeanWolf
Moderator
Posts: 1988
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla
Contact:

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:The next scene will most likely be something along the lines of Jess asking “who are you” when Marion comes in and Falstaff and/or Truck give an unhelpful and incorrect statement about who he is leading Marion to say “No, that’s not right.” Followed by Wed when Marion will explain who he is only to realize that the bracelet is missing. Friday we find out who is going to play the role of “savior” aka “villain” in Marion’s story.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think we'll be getting answers that easily just yet.
Answer is a strong word. I’m thinking whoever tags along to “help” Marion will be essential to the plot. If it’s Steward or someone along those lines then yeah Villain. If it’s, well, I can’t think of any reason why anyone else would help him find a random bracelet unless they have an ulterior motive . Or someone could swoop from the shadows to save him when Marion inevitably get attacked by an owl or maybe Skip will make his return to try to eat Marion.
What about Draig/Dragon? She seemed to be the more stable of the Celestials and she could help Marion.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I could see her being just a bit selfish too and only wanting to help him if she can become a celestial again.

User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Champion Wallace »

Steward could empathize with Marion's situation of human turned forest critter, but it would be harder to do that without revealing his own situation. Based on his reaction in Telltale Fox he doesn't want anyone recognizing him as Steward-the-former-human. If Marion were to ask him about spintaniously transforming into another species, I think Steward would be very defensive and suspicious.
dr_eirik wrote:If he did lose it, who wants to take bets on if it will show up in the stash of a certain crow...
If you're talking about Trinket, she's a magpie, not a crow. I guess it's possible. We'll just have to wait and see.
dr_eirik wrote:I still have strong doubts that this is a coin change, unless we see a reveal of an exhausted Marion picking up the coin, transforming, somehow not noticing and going to bed.
Marion's situation doesn't fit how the coin operates exactly, but remember, the coin isn't brought up because it's a perfect explanation, but it's the best of the not good explanations. Unless the cause is something we've never seen before, the only things that could do something as major as a species change are the coin, a demigod, or possibly the Demon from Pandemonium. Such a random transformation goes against the characters of the established demigods and we know so little about the scope of Demon's abilities and it has less of a motivation than Steward. The mana from Dragon's temple would be powerful enough, it just has everything else going against it as a theory.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image

User avatar
Ash Greytree
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 4:05 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Ash Greytree »

SeanWolf wrote:What about Draig/Dragon? She seemed to be the more stable of the Celestials and she could help Marion.
Stable, yes. Willing to help and be compassionate? From what I read at the end of Heaven's Not Enough, where Pete and Dragon lose to Kitsune, she sounded pretty selfish and definitely caused a lot of harm herself. She flat-out said she was a terrible person. At the end/epilogue of Temple Crashers 2, I feel like her talking to Craig/Pete about her temple in Egypt implies she's still a tad selfish and wants her powers back. Craig definitely isn't treating his mortality as a learning experience, and Draig is, from what very little we've seen of her so far, acting as an enabler for that.

I think that not only Steward, but also Craig & Draig are going to get a quite a bit of screen time and character development over the long term as Marion continues along his character arc. The fox kits could definitely learn a thing or two about being good people. I agree that Draig will probably be the one to help Marion, but I think it'll happen over time. Maybe she's the first one that figures out that Marion used to be human, with Steward and Craig too far into their own schemes to even notice, and Draig could become Marion's Fox-style confidant and learn how to be a better person through him.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.

User avatar
fenrirblack
Posts: 2748
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:25 pm
Location: Place of Evil
Contact:

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Steward could empathize with Marion's situation of human turned forest critter, but it would be harder to do that without revealing his own situation. Based on his reaction in Telltale Fox he doesn't want anyone recognizing him as Steward-the-former-human. If Marion were to ask him about spintaniously transforming into another species, I think Steward would be very defensive and suspicious.
dr_eirik wrote:If he did lose it, who wants to take bets on if it will show up in the stash of a certain crow...
If you're talking about Trinket, she's a magpie, not a crow. I guess it's possible. We'll just have to wait and see.
While it is true that Steward would not want the others to know he would lose the advantage if Marion doesn't know about his situation. To be able to establish a connection Steward would still need to at least explain or give some type of explanation to who he is even if it means telling Marion to keep it from the others. Steward could still easily bond with Marion but it would be better if they are upfront with each other from the start.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.

User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Steward could empathize with Marion's situation of human turned forest critter, but it would be harder to do that without revealing his own situation. Based on his reaction in Telltale Fox he doesn't want anyone recognizing him as Steward-the-former-human. If Marion were to ask him about spintaniously transforming into another species, I think Steward would be very defensive and suspicious.
dr_eirik wrote:If he did lose it, who wants to take bets on if it will show up in the stash of a certain crow...
If you're talking about Trinket, she's a magpie, not a crow. I guess it's possible. We'll just have to wait and see.
While it is true that Steward would not want the others to know he would lose the advantage if Marion doesn't know about his situation. To be able to establish a connection Steward would still need to at least explain or give some type of explanation to who he is even if it means telling Marion to keep it from the others. Steward could still easily bond with Marion but it would be better if they are upfront with each other from the start.
Well duh, of corse it would be better for them if they're upfront with each other from the start. We know that because we know both were former humans. Steward is more likely to believe a supernatural transformation could happen than Keven and Ralph or Mrs. McGillicuddy, but he still wouldn't believe a confession from Marion if he thought it was only a ploy to try to get him to admit he was human (this is assuming he wasn't responsible for Marion's squirrelification).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image

User avatar
Amazee Dayzee
Posts: 16353
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Re: 2019/06/21 - Delivery Pie

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm still on the fence of whether or not he was responsible so I guess we will need a lot more information to figure it out which hopefully we will get soon.

Post Reply