2019/06/19 - Pie-racy

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/06/19 - Pie-racy

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/06/19 - Pie-racy]
Title Text:  pie-racy comes first, pie-napping comes after you've eaten too much pie. pie-napple is a fruit that hurts when you try to bite it

I'd say that this was a win.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/06/19 - Pie-racy

Post by Saturn381 »

Well that was nice of Mrs. McGillicuddy.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

D'Awww, that's so sweet of her! I'm glad this Comic took some time off that Squirrel's depressing moment to give us nice moments like these.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I can't decide if I should reference "What a twist!" or "It's a trap!"
So I referenced both.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Again, Marion use your words. Speak. Tell them the truth. Explain something.

And they are running into, what I'm going to assume is the woods and back to Jess' house unless they make a pitstop at the treehouse to celebrate.

Well, Mrs. McGillicuddy was the sweet old lady after all and not a feral hunting pie trap setter. Good for them. It is nice to see that at least some of the humans respect the animals.

Those nails, lady. Someone lied to you when they said those were a good idea.

I love his face in the first panel. But Again, words. Use them.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Good fortune with Marion around? What kind of madness is this? Mrs. McGillicuddy is clearly a saint, but I’m just hoping those two idiots don’t stiff the poor squirrel of their share of the snacks (Truck, please let your heart be bigger than your stomach). Marion has earned one nice thing at this point.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Aaawwwwhhhhhhh yeeeeeeezzzz,

You’ve been struck by some smooth criminals
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

She doesn’t have time to listen to stories
and Marion has no desire to tell one;
he’s fed up of being seen as insane
so joins our odd pair on the run.
Falstaff’s outwitted her again
and only Truck knows the true score;
if they raided that ladies kitchen
she’d probably hold open the door.
So Marion joins the new pack?
He’s certain to end up at Jesses.
What Kitsune and Ddraig make of that
will surely be anyone’s guesses...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I have a sad, sneaking suspicion that this is the only way Truck and Falstaff can ever successfully "steal" anything.

Which is probably one of the reasons why Mrs. McGillicuddy does this in the first place, come to think of it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Speaking of "Don't want them to burn their paws again."
I take it this happens often to them. :)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I want to point out Marion has the upper body strength to stay on the sill with just his arms like that. Not only do Falstaff and Truck know Mrs. McGillicuddy's name, Mrs. McGillicuddy knows Falstaff and Truck's names. You don't learn someone's name if your only interaction is via "heists".
MrBlueSky7 wrote:D'Awww, that's so sweet of her! I'm glad this Comic took some time off that Squirrel's depressing moment to give us nice moments like these.
See. The comic sometimes has depressing parts like the End Of Year Eleven, but it also has heartwarming old ladies feeding the wildlife.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm absolutely in love with this concept! It makes so much sense, and it's absolutely adorable, and the "be sure to share" is just the perfect cherry on top :lol:
Champion Wallace wrote:I want to point out Marion has the upper body strength to stay on the sill with just his arms like that.
He is a squirrel currently. Probably comes with the territory, I'd say
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Okay, that's just plain endearing. Wonder if she's Daisy's "Mom"? (Daisy appears in Housepets first Christmas montage giving the raccoons a garbage bag of trash so maybe she knows them and shared their names.)
Padgriffin

Post by Padgriffin »

Marion is so done with everything at this point. Atleast he seems happier with Falstaff and Truck. It seems that a day has barely passed since Marion woke up as a squirrel, so so far I'm giving him props for coping so well.
What do you mean Griffins aren’t cute?
Lockely

Post by Lockely »

That is simply the most adorable thing! I assume our grandmotherly neighbor will be appearing more often now. I sure hope Marion gets an ally in her.
A Curious Coin Conundrum, my little fanfic in the HP Universe.
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

NHWestoN wrote:Okay, that's just plain endearing. Wonder if she's Daisy's "Mom"? (Daisy appears in Housepets first Christmas montage giving the raccoons a garbage bag of trash so maybe she knows them and shared their names.)
That’s my new head canon for Daisy. At least until proven otherwise. (Which is unlikely since she’s seen so rarely)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Yeah, now Truck and Fallstaff can bring Marion to Jessicas house, where the squirrel will meet the others.
They will live together and it will end up like your average sitcom.
Marion will met a very strange badger and two fox kits who say they were once demigods.

Oh yeah...there was something :shock:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well that is a bit unexpected. :lol: How very nice of Mrs. McGillicuddy, lot of effort to just feed some animals.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

IceKitsune wrote:Well that is a bit unexpected. :lol: How very nice of Mrs. McGillicuddy, lot of effort to just feed some animals.
Shes feeding their ego as well as their stomachs. :D

I do wonder how long Marion was up there. If he waited for the pie to cool, there had to be at least a few mi items he is just really bad at telling people what happened.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Aw, Mrs. McGilliicuddy is so sweet, I’m wondering if Truck was playing along with Falstaff’s heist idea, knowing that Mrs. McGillicuddy would let them have the pie. Hopefully Marion will get some pie out of the “heist”, if he didn’t already get some cookies or something.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Again, Marion use your words. Speak. Tell them the truth. Explain something.
Yeh, Marion you dingbat... talk to Mrs. Mcgillicuddy and tell her what's going on.
Champion Wallace wrote:I want to point out Marion has the upper body strength to stay on the sill with just his arms like that.
That's the square-cube law working in his favor. It's why squirrels and other small animals have such mad climbing chops.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

IceKitsune wrote:Well that is a bit unexpected. :lol: How very nice of Mrs. McGillicuddy, lot of effort to just feed some animals.
Well the elderly do tend to be sweeter towards animals (like Granny from Looney Tunes) :)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And Truck, apparently, warrants extra cookies with his cuteness.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
And Truck, apparently, warrants extra cookies with his cuteness.
chocolate chip cookies, to be exact!
Ale Donkey

Post by Ale Donkey »

Mrs. McGillicuddy's pies bring all the boys to the yard!
NHWestoN wrote:chocolate chip cookies, to be exact!
Could be, or they could be oatmeal raisin.
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

Ale Donkey wrote:Mrs. McGillicuddy's pies bring all the boys to the yard!
She wouldn't be that cruel.
"Say, this is only tangentially relevant, but how many rings is your tail supposed to have?"
Frank

Post by Frank »

No one's ever going to let him give his complete explanation, is he?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:No one's ever going to let him give his complete explanation, is he?
And that's why I don't think he'll say word one to Steward or the others. There's only so many times you can be stopped giving an explanation before you stop even trying.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ale Donkey wrote:Mrs. McGillicuddy's pies bring all the boys to the yard!
Oatmeal Raisin are much better than Chocolate Chip.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:There's only so many times you can be stopped giving an explanation before you stop even trying.
He would be stopped less often if he actually gave an explanation instead of opening with "I can't explain" or stuttering or both.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
shadowlucario50

This Was Such a Wholesome Strip

Post by shadowlucario50 »

dr_eirik wrote:
Ale Donkey wrote:
Argent wrote:Oatmeal Raisin are much better than Chocolate Chip.
Also, it would be healthier for them and give them much better energy than the desserts. I wonder what pie they just stole?
Placeholder Signature until I come up with something witty.
22xander

Post by 22xander »

This is... sooooooooo cute.
dr_eirik

Re: This Was Such a Wholesome Strip

Post by dr_eirik »

shadowlucario50 wrote:Oatmeal Raisin are much better than Chocolate Chip.
Also, it would be healthier for them and give them much better energy than the desserts. I wonder what pie they just stole?[/quote]

Given their horror at the thought of a spinach quiche, I suspect it's a mundane pie type like apple or cherry. She could always use low sugar to be healthy.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Wow! That was so unexpected. :P Mrs. McGillicuddy is so kind with those raccoons. :D Yeah, it's a great success, Falstaff, and Truck even got some good cookies. ;) That's right, share the cake with Marion. :) Finally it's going a little better for Marion, but I wonder how long he'll remain a female squirrel... :roll:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote:
shadowlucario50 wrote:
Argent wrote:Oatmeal Raisin are much better than Chocolate Chip.
Also, it would be healthier for them and give them much better energy than the desserts. I wonder what pie they just stole?
Given their horror at the thought of a spinach quiche, I suspect it's a mundane pie type like apple or cherry. She could always use low sugar to be healthy.
It makes me wonder if they "stole" the spinach quiche or not. Giving the animals food is one thing but trying to make sure they eat healthy is bit much even for sweet old ladies. Now I do want to know how this started. Did those two actually steal her food and she decided to help them out? Or was she the instigator in all this like she saw them rummaging through the trash and called them over to her house and handed them a spinach quiche.
The saddest part is that they felt the need to drag Marion into this even though they could have taken it at any time. Falstaff must really believe that they stole it and Truck actually knows what is going on and Marion is so over all of it. I hope when he turns back to human he goes over there while those two are taking another pie and goes "Guys, just take the pie. She's giving you the pie. It's not stealing."
Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Again, Marion use your words. Speak. Tell them the truth. Explain something.
Yeh, Marion you dingbat... talk to Mrs. Mcgillicuddy and tell her what's going on.
Clearly he has no experience in magical transformation which tells me he has never seen Disney movie before. So far his only research has been using "Metamorphosis" and the dude couldn't even talk in that book so that doesn't work in his favor. I mean I know he was caught off guard but after the initial shock he could have told her the truth. What was she going to do, not give him the pie? "No pie for crazy squirrels." He keeps trying but gives up too easily. How has he not taken a moment to come up with a decent explanation. At this rate it's explode out of him (like with King) once he gets to Jess's house and all of them are going to be "Uhhhh...." He's kept it together for this long but I don't think there is enough pie in the world to change the fact that he's still in trouble at the moment.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

With Marion's luck, that's probably a pecan pie...…. :(
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote:
dr_eirik wrote: Given their horror at the thought of a spinach quiche, I suspect it's a mundane pie type like apple or cherry. She could always use low sugar to be healthy.
It makes me wonder if they "stole" the spinach quiche or not. Giving the animals food is one thing but trying to make sure they eat healthy is bit much even for sweet old ladies. Now I do want to know how this started. Did those two actually steal her food and she decided to help them out? Or was she the instigator in all this like she saw them rummaging through the trash and called them over to her house and handed them a spinach quiche.
The saddest part is that they felt the need to drag Marion into this even though they could have taken it at any time. Falstaff must really believe that they stole it and Truck actually knows what is going on and Marion is so over all of it. I hope when he turns back to human he goes over there while those two are taking another pie and goes "Guys, just take the pie. She's giving you the pie. It's not stealing."
I don't think that these two have ever stolen anything from her, at least in the human sense of the word. In my minds eye, I can see her looking out the kitchen window one evening at two raccoons squabbling over a few scraps of food they are helping themselves to from the trash can. There is, of course, snow on the ground. She feels her heart hurt over that and goes to the fridge and finds some leftover pie. She opens the back door intending to call them, but stops and casually sets the pie down on the step saying, "Oh my, I forgot my milk, I need to go get that. I hope no one steals my apple pie!"

From there, a strange sort of friendship developed. I imagine them returning the pie pan saying "We found the dastardly raccoons who stole this! Is there a reward?"

I do think that Falstaff, and to a lessor degree Truck, do believe that they are committing a heist. It's almost like these two are playing at the human stereotype of the raccoon to the point that they believe it.
fenrirblack wrote: Clearly he has no experience in magical transformation which tells me he has never seen Disney movie before. So far his only research has been using "Metamorphosis" and the dude couldn't even talk in that book so that doesn't work in his favor. I mean I know he was caught off guard but after the initial shock he could have told her the truth. What was she going to do, not give him the pie? "No pie for crazy squirrels." He keeps trying but gives up too easily. How has he not taken a moment to come up with a decent explanation. At this rate it's explode out of him (like with King) once he gets to Jess's house and all of them are going to be "Uhhhh...." He's kept it together for this long but I don't think there is enough pie in the world to change the fact that he's still in trouble at the moment.
He's in trouble, but I think he feels like he's out of immediate danger. I'm not even sure you could say that the shock has worn off yet. It is a little hard to figure out why he didn't try with McGillicuddy, though I suspect getting caught "stealing" was just a moment of extreme embarrassment and he couldn't bring himself to tell her what was going on. Or she simply left the kitchen trusting that none of the three would enter and steal more. Though Truck does have a pawful of cookies...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

And of course it turned into another false hope for Marion and nothing that would help him. Why should we even think that Marion would be able to find someone to help in his plight this soon? He isn't done being kicked around by the universe! :lol: 8-)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

dr_eirik wrote: He's in trouble, but I think he feels like he's out of immediate danger. I'm not even sure you could say that the shock has worn off yet. It is a little hard to figure out why he didn't try with McGillicuddy, though I suspect getting caught "stealing" was just a moment of extreme embarrassment and he couldn't bring himself to tell her what was going on. Or she simply left the kitchen trusting that none of the three would enter and steal more. Though Truck does have a pawful of cookies...
At this point it is safe to say that he has given up on anyone listening to him or believing him even if he did manage to complete a full sentence. His mother didn't believe him, his girlfriend didn't, the police were no help on the subject, so why would the old lady next door be any help? The only ones who can or will help will be "in the know" and for better or worse they are leading him to them even if he doesn't realize it. Right now all he wants is food which is why he joined them in the first place then he can focus on finding help.

Looking behind the certain so to speak, we know that to move the plot forward he couldn't tell her and even if he did she couldn't believe him because if that did happen then there would be no reason for him to follow Falstaff and Truck into the woods. The entire premise of stealing the pie was to establish a connection with the raccoons thus earning their trust in a comedic way. Now that he is "in" with those two he will have no reason to not join them on their merry return to Jess's house for food and shelter and they will have no reason to abandon him without coming off as total jerks. Everything that has happened so far as been meticulously planned to ensure that Marion is without options and desperate enough to seek the help from those two including now the fact they have food and he doesn't.
Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at Jess's house (as soon as those two mention it Marion will be on board). Steward is of course the likely next step because Pete and Dragon are practically useless at this point being that they are without magic and probably any knowledge of magic. They remember they had magic but probably not how it works or any fundamental information (Pete didn't even know how to use a frisbee). The odds of Kitsune hanging around the house on a regular basis is probably slim as well because he has more important things to do. Again even if he was there he wouldn't help for *insert excuse here*. Steward being the only other one in Marion's boat, would be the sympathetic one as well as someone with an axe to grind.
Non_Stinky_Skunk

Post by Non_Stinky_Skunk »

WHEN oh, when are we gonna find out why he's a squirrel? (and a female one to boot!)
Still, really happy that he's finally got a decent ending to one of his escapades... as opposed to being crushed, crashed, given a heart attack and crying himself to sleep. :shock:
dr_eirik

Post by dr_eirik »

fenrirblack wrote: Whatever is going to happen is going to happen at Jess's house. Steward is of course the likely next step because Pete and Dragon are practically useless at this point being that they are without magic and probably any knowledge of magic. They remember they had magic but probably not how it works or any fundamental information (Pete didn't even know how to use a frisbee). The odds of Kitsune hanging around the house on a regular basis is probably slim as well because he has more important things to do. Again even if he was there he wouldn't help for *insert excuse here*. Steward being the only other one in Marion's boat, would be the sympathetic one as well as someone with an axe to grind.
It's clear that he's going to get mixed up with all the wildcards in the coming days. The epicenter for all the characters who have some kind of interest in what happens and in a position to believe Marion is Jesses house. There are others who, like any of the pets that know about King (which is actually a pretty big list, come to think of it) that might be willing to help Marion even if they didn't know him, but how?

That goes for Steward, too. Even if he is responsible for the transformation, that doesn't really fit well for how we've seen the coin work. If Steward was a willing instigator, then why wasn't he waiting outside Marions house? He couldn't have known that he'd end up in the company of two raccoons. And if he has a way back to humanity, then why involve Marion at all?

I can really only think of two, maybe four, characters who might legitimately be able to help. Kitsune is obvious (and you're right, for story reasons he'll either be out of the picture or this will be outside what he can do), Craig (who might remember enough to know how to undue the curse without the scrolls), or Tarot/Sabrina who might at least have some insight.

And, of course, Karishad who is the ultimate wildcard and wouldn't surprise me that much if he is the ultimate catalyst for whatever will be the final resolution.