2019/05/20 - Power Up

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
JamesTCat

Re: 2019/05/20 - Power Up

Post by JamesTCat »

Wait, I wonder if something I written in the past had anything to do with that drink?
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:
Argent wrote:Amusingly, I just sat down with a Red Bull.
Woozles do NOT need caffeine or sugar. :?
One of the interesting things about having ADD is that I actually need stimulants to calm down, and after five years at a company that does random drug tests the paperwork involved with Adderal is just too much hassle so I self-medicate with caffeine.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
tych

Post by tych »

UnseenPanther wrote:
Nihil wrote:There should be a poll to see how many readers googled "yellow pages" after reading this comic.
It hasn't been THAT long.
because nobody said anything yet go to youtube and type in Rotary Phone Teenager and click the first video at the top
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I really hope Marion doesn't get kicked out. That just feels too predictable. I feel it's a less explored path to have his mother believe him and see how he tries to go on with his life as a squirrel. I'd like to see the hijinks of him trying to get through school as a squirrel.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Pumkin6

Post by Pumkin6 »

I want you to imagine that in a world where animals can talk. However, there are still animals that'll sneak in and wreck your house and steal your snacks and stuff (as demonstrated by the raccoons). You have no idea that magic exists. You come home to find an undomesticated animal having ripped up a ton of paper and stolen your son's energy drinks. If he claimed to be your son, you would dismiss him. After all, your son's at school. You'd probably at least try to get him out.
But later on, when you realize your son's missing, who's to say that you wouldn't think back to the weird claims the squirrel made? Maybe you check his laptop to see if he had been talking to anyone dangerous, but find it filled with Google results about turning into squirrels?
My point is, what people do and don't believe changes a lot based on circumstance. On top of that, I can never predict what Rick does next anyway, so we might as well just wait for tomorrow.
Bottom line, we don't know anything that's about to happen.
Also this post isn't targeted at anyone. I hope no one felt like I was trying to "correct" them, I was just sharing my thoughts.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Thinking about it, it wouldn't make much sense for Julia to kick him out because in all honesty, what is to stop Marion from simply coming back and explaining the situation. Let's explore the "Mom Freaks" path. Julia grabs a broom and shoos Marion out the open door. Unless Marion is either an idiot or simply too heartbroken, he could easily climb up to one of the windows and try to get his mothers attention. Or write down on a piece of whatever he can find and have it say, "Mom, It's me Marion. Let me in." There is nothing to really stop him from trying to explain what happened even after his Mom freaks out. The only thing that would stop him would be if his Mom simply refuses to believe him no matter what but honestly if you have a squirrel that determined to try to convince you that he's your son, then maybe you should hear him out.

Logically I would be a waste of time for Marion's mother to kick him out only for him to repeatedly try to explain what is going on. It would be quicker and easier for him to explain right then and there as she walks in what is going on and for her to believe him. BUT of course that still leads to the dilemma of trying to move the plot forward and I said it once and I'll say it again, "Parents don't have much involvement in supernatural shenanigans when it comes to their children." So her role would still need to be limited to "I believe you but I can't help you. Go to your room."

So the only reason for Marion to be kicked out would be to move the plot forward but doing so wouldn't make much sense because Marion must realize (especially after the cereal incident) that the world is dangerous for him in his current state. There are still other options moving forward if this is the chosen path like Marion gets kicked out but decides to sulk on his doorstep not unlike King until like King some other animal comes by and they go off together. Or again he gets carried off by a predatory bird. But no matter what happens Marion would be an idiot to risk leaving the house without a plan or method of survival. His best option would again doing anything in his power to get back inside.

All in all, I'm saying that we are going to take the "Uncool Mom" path. I'm not sure what going to happen later but for now I don't think she's going to kick him out but she's not going to be helpful either. And she's definitely not going to handle her son being a squirrel well but wouldn't believe the claims no matter how insane they sound.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

At least squirrels just go jittery instead of nuclear.[/quote]

If a squirrel went nuclear, would anyone know? ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would assume so because we would see the mushroom cloud and the crater where the squirrel was when they blew. XD
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:
Geartooth wrote:Not sure what Marion was expecting to do with the yellow pages in the first place. Call the local wizards?
Maybe it's a Chicago yellow pages.
fenrirblack wrote:I think we should face the facts. Marion is about to tossed on his tail harder than Tiger.
Yeah, Marion's mom isn't going to take this well. If there's one thing I learned from Christmas Vacation, it's that people lose their minds when a squirrel gets in the house.
"No parties?" What else are mages good for!?

Anyway, it's true, if I saw a squirrel in my house, I'd go insane(r).....

.....Insane(r) trying to catch and pet it, that is!
Obbl wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:If she overreacts and Marion is forced to leave then we have a super tragic storyline that is essentially copying King's... This would also mean that Julia would be in the same running as Mrs. Robinson as "Worst Mother."
So mother makes an honest mistake that she should literally have no reason to recognize was a mistake, and that puts her in the running for worst mother? :|
The logical and moral parts of my brain: no.

The emotional part of my brain when Marion gets tossed out of the house like a frisbee on a nice day at the park: YES! YEEEEEES!!!!
Mr. Whisper wrote:Upon further inspection, I see that can says Blue Bull and has a pair of cherries on it...
You're gonna run this joke into the ground, aint'cha, Rick?
You may disagree, but I think this is the kind of joke that gets better every time! The gift that keeps on giving!
Argent wrote:One of the interesting things about having ADD is that I actually need stimulants to calm down, and after five years at a company that does random drug tests the paperwork involved with Adderal is just too much hassle so I self-medicate with caffeine.
What about the exhilarating stimulation of True Friendship (TM)?

Seriously, though, thanks for sharing with us.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Silly Zealot wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:If she overreacts and Marion is forced to leave then we have a super tragic storyline that is essentially copying King's... This would also mean that Julia would be in the same running as Mrs. Robinson as "Worst Mother."

The logical and moral parts of my brain: no.

The emotional part of my brain when Marion gets tossed out of the house like a frisbee on a nice day at the park: YES! YEEEEEES!!!!
Yes, that is the problem facing Marion at the moment. Logical versus moral. There is a wild animal in your house so the natural response would to try to get rid of it. You don't know where's it been but going into hysterics isn't a good option. Even if it was an honest mistake, she still would have technically tossed her emotionally and physically vulnerable son into a harsh world with no means of protecting himself so that doesn't make you "Mother of the Year." Once she realizes that A. Her son is missing and B. If Marion was able to get two words in and managed to try to explain what is going on only for Julia to ignore it then realize her mistake later on and say "OH MY GOD WHAT DID I DO?!"
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I am only jesting. I am not gonna fault the mom for kicking out a book-destroying skirrel out of the house.

Doesn't mean I won't feel sad for the little guy when she does. My heart will pound like a jackhammer.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Hopefully it won't come to that but it's important to understand all the possibilities and outcomes and their long term effects. Honestly its either do this or watch Netflix.
Attachments
Watch_Big_Hero_6__The_Series_Season_1_Episode_20.jpg
Watch_Big_Hero_6__The_Series_Season_1_Episode_20.jpg (26.47 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I would assume so because we would see the mushroom cloud and the crater where the squirrel was when they blew. XD
...Or maybe the nuclear explosion cloud would be acorn shaped. ;)