2019/04/10 - Police Lineup

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Re: 2019/04/10 - Police Lineup

Post by SeanWolf »

fenrirblack wrote:
Argent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Arresting your own fellow officers is starting to go a bit into ludicrous territory. Ralph seems to be a bit arrest happy.
I'm really getting a "small town bad cop" vibe from Ralph. No wonder Fox didn't trust the department to do the right thing by Sasha.

And, @dissension, arresting Keene for blocking traffic is more a Fred Colon move than a Sam Vimes one.
Here’s an insane theory. Have anyone ever read Desperation by Stephen King? Long story short a small town cop is processed by a demon and kills the townspeople except for a few and the remaining tourists and citizens team up to stop him. What if Ralph is being manuplated by otherworldly forces?
THAT...actually sounds pretty logical...and would be a neat twist!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Kevin is just happy to be included.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

fenrirblack wrote:“Naked time”? They’re naked all the time (except when they’re on duty).
Even then they're still sorta naked cause none of them wear pants. :lol:
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really Ralph? You actually tried to put handcuffs on a super muscled dog like Mungo? What the heck did you think was gonna happen? :roll:

Well I guess the symbolism works.
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Here’s an insane theory. Have anyone ever read Desperation by Stephen King? Long story short a small town cop is processed by a demon and kills the townspeople except for a few and the remaining tourists and citizens team up to stop him. What if Ralph is being manuplated by otherworldly forces?
His eyes would change color, then, just like everyone else who's being manipulated by otherworldly forces or hypnosis or whatever.
His eyes wouldn't have to be a different color. The comic doesn't have to follow the same rules as Desperation by Stephen King.
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Or it could be an entity that just so happens to share an eye color. shrug
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

He doesn't even have to be processed just working under an other worldly force as a minion. :?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I doubt your theory Fen, but I want it to be the Dino demon if you’re right
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

….is about time for that little scamp to pop up. Why not in the spa? (Maybe the rest of the world has ceased to exist and only the spa remains, floating in orbit …. okay, I'm up too late.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:I doubt your theory Fen, but I want it to be the Dino demon if you’re right
I did say it was an insane theory. ;)
If you want a more logical theory to explain Ralph's recent behavior, I would go with that he has been getting a lot of pressure from his superiors and is striving to make more independent decisions as a sergeant in an attempt to impress them. Therefore proving that the K-9 unit is not a waste of time and money especially with Mungo's recent string of destruction.
Demonic procession is more fun.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and then the entire squad except mungo were demoted and forced to retake basic training because he's the only one police dog within 5km with a clue.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can see Ralph somehow weaseling out of it also.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

NHWestoN wrote:….is about time for that little scamp to pop up. Why not in the spa? (Maybe the rest of the world has ceased to exist and only the spa remains, floating in orbit …. okay, I'm up too late.
Why?
Actually maybe we should WANT for Ralph to try to arrest everyone.
Why is that?
....Because one of the guests in the spa is Kitsune and I wanna see how Kitsune messes around with Ralph :twisted:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I just can't wait to see how weird it's going to be seeing everyone walking out of the spa in handcuffs. I can picture Ralph having a thousand cuffs in his collar for this one moment and scratching it off of his wish list: Arrested a whole building of crooks and called a good boy for it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

Zesortinge wrote:His eyes wouldn't have to be a different color. The comic doesn't have to follow the same rules as Desperation by Stephen King.
I have no idea what people's eyes do in Desperation, but in Housepets! eyes changing color is a symptom of mind control.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wow, Cobra, I'm trying to visualize that parade - three-quarters of the cast marching out in handcuffs. Rick would need a month to complete that strip but it would be epic. (Might even have Daisy in the line!)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

The fact there was a blizzard doesn't make the sting a bad idea from the start. Weather is notoriously difficult to predict. At the beginning of the operation, the weather forecast only said a chance of blizzard.
leinglo wrote:Ralph chastises them about "running off to be naked in a spa" when that was kinda the whole plan. :lol:
The plan was to be naked and find Keene in a spa. That middle part makes a world of difference when assessing if they did what they were told.
Vanice wrote:Why in the world does it seem like Ralph is going to arrest EVERYONE??? He can't arrest basically every pet in the neighborhood can he? Especially since he's by himself and is not blocking the entrances. What's stopping anyone from leaving while he's not looking? Specificallly Keene since the whole point of this was to get to him and just give him a ticket. Just a ticket. It shouldn't be any of this arresting nonsense.
The question why implies that he is going to do that. Maybe instead he, you know, doesn't arrest everybody.
Argent wrote:And, @dissension, arresting Keene for blocking traffic is more a Fred Colon move than a Sam Vimes one.
Come on, that's a low blow, comparing someone to Fred Colon.
fenrirblack wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote: 1) Well to be fair, they did shrug off their duties, consequences had to come whetever they like it or not. Also I think the whole fun with this arc is going to be seeing how Ralph realises how futile arresting everyone is. So I think we should take it with much better humor :mrgreen:

2) I don't know about you, but if I would spend naked time with my girlfriend I would be happy about that too...or he just tunes Ralph out :lol:
It’s been said repeatedly but this entire sting has made no sense from a logical or legal standpoint. You really can’t blame them for wanting to enjoy themselves when Ralph overreacted. It’s Ralph’s fault they got snowed in. They all didn’t even need to go in there in the first place so that’s another strike, plus Ralph should have gone in with them if he was so concerned about Keene’s capture. Their only mistake was not leaving as soon as the snow melted.
But you know they’re going to have a heart to heart where Ralph (I hope) apologizes for both his behavior and poor judgment. If not then one of them needs to go to the captain and complain about Ralph’s recent behavior.
The real humor is Kevin’s expression which begs the question of if he’s tuning Ralph out or is the only one who realizes that Ralph scolding them is futile.

“Naked time”? They’re naked all the time (except when they’re on duty).
The problem wasn't as much that they enjoyed themselves after We’re Snowed In Again!, but that Kevin and Fido (and to a degree, Fox) were so quick to abandon their duties. We can't know what would've happened for certain, but where Mungo didn't find Keene and relay that information in time, all four of them doing their job would cover ground faster and they might've been able to apprehend Keene before the blizzard hit. That's not even addressing the principle of taking leisure time while on duty. Yes, housepets are naked all the time by human standards, but it has been established that some pets are concerned with covering up parts of their body like their neck. Since the pets consider themselves to be naked when not wearing collars, it still counts as "naked time".
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:The fact there was a blizzard doesn't make the sting a bad idea from the start. Weather is notoriously difficult to predict. At the beginning of the operation, the weather forecast only said a chance of blizzard.
Chances are that the snow would have gotten out of hand with or without 100% certainty of a blizzard just from past experience and logic. I cannot imagine that weather in Babylon Gardens is hard to predict. It was snowing from the start and it was December-ish.
The concept that they needed to physically apprehend Keene made the sting a bad idea from the start instead of simply fining him at a later time without putting the K-9's at risk.
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:The fact there was a blizzard doesn't make the sting a bad idea from the start. Weather is notoriously difficult to predict. At the beginning of the operation, the weather forecast only said a chance of blizzard.
Chances are that the snow would have gotten out of hand with or without 100% certainty of a blizzard just from past experience and logic. I cannot imagine that weather in Babylon Gardens is hard to predict. It was snowing from the start and it was December-ish.
The concept that they needed to physically apprehend Keene made the sting a bad idea from the start instead of simply fining him at a later time without putting the K-9's at risk.
Ahh, if only meteorology were that easy. Since when were the K-9s at risk? The concern was that Keene would avoid paying, not that he or any of the guests would lash out.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Ahh, if only meteorology were that easy. Since when were the K-9s at risk? The concern was that Keene would avoid paying, not that he or any of the guests would lash out.
They were at risk just from being outside during dangerous weather conditions, I mean Fido did become a dog-sicle. He could have gotten frost bite or hypothermia because Ralph specially said they had to be naked. Plus there was no way of knowing if Keene had set up Jigsaw type traps within the spa to keep out the unwanted. Or you know used his goon squad. :)

It would have been in Keene's best interest to pay the fine because of the substantial evidence to support that he was the one who ordered the spa and had it parked in the middle of the road. A pointless legal battle would both be time consuming and annoying and most likely hurt the image of the ECP.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

All of which are things Ralph couldn't know for certain, hence his plan to have four undercover officers infiltrate and detain Keene.
Which isn't to say that there weren't problems with the plan or that no better plan could have been made, just that it wasn't a bad plan given the information Ralph had to work with. The execution was certainly lacking, and all but Mungo got sidetracked and lost sight of their duties. There's plenty of blame to go around, is all :P
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:The concern was that Keene would avoid paying, not that he or any of the guests would lash out.
It's good that the K-9 squad aren't humans or the overtime would wipe out the fine. This is a ticket-under-the-windshield-wiper level misdemeanor.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"You're under arrest!" "No, I'm a police officer, you're under arrest." "Oh yeah, so am I! You're both under arrest!" "That does it! You're all under arrest!!"

Keene: "Okay, me and Breel are going to leave quietly by the back door."

Soooooo complicated …. anyone here got a lawyer? Hmmmm, you're right, Argent. I think there was a windshield.....
Argent

Post by Argent »

Did the truck stay or drive off?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

From what it looks like, I think that it just stayed because if it drove off there is no way Ralph could have caught up with it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

We never saw it leave but in this scene it seems to be missing. It must have left before the weather got out of hand.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

But if the spa left how would them going outside be helpful since they are no longer in the vicinity?
Champion Wallace

I think I see where the confusion is coming from. Argent and fenrirblack are assuming that the truck and the spa are not permanently affixed. That the truck can disconnect from the spa and drive off leaving the spa right where is is in the middle of a Babylon Garden street.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:I think I see where the confusion is coming from. Argent and fenrirblack are assuming that the truck and the spa are not permanently affixed.
I'm not assuming that, I'm asking that.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure the truck is gone but the spa is still blocking traffic. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wonder where all the water is drawn from - Keene's gonna get a deuce of a utility bill.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't be surprised if the spa had its own water supply and filtered everything.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It kinda has too considering it's in the middle of the road and haft buried in snow. It's already supernatural so why not have it's own larger than physically possible water supply.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Where was it said that it was supernatural and came from Heaven? :?:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It didn’t. It’s just a joke considering it’s somehow bigger on the inside than the out. Even if it was for laughs Rick intended it to not be normal.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh you are talking about that. I didn't even realize it though what Rick done is often used in television.