Post by Argent »

Panther wrote:Obstruct a street is a crime , now ? :shock:
Misdemeanor.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Re: 2019/04/08 - Unwarranted

Post by fenrirblack »

If this was any other comic I would think this situation would turn into a showdown between Keene and Ralph to see who holds more power in Babylon Gardens. But since this is not any other comic chances are it will still end with Ralph in a hot tub licking his wounds.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Ok, this is not epic. Do not disrespect Breel!!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

fenrirblack wrote:Seriously, what is with these characters? Now Breel has a secret criminal history that we know nothing about. When does it end?

Keene pointing out the sound of his voice is very strange for a text based medium. I don’t even know how to respond tho that. .
Haha! I respond to both these things with interest.

Voice reveal, wooot!
Panther wrote:Obstruct a street is a crime , now ? :shock:
As someone who lives in a metropolis where everyone's motto seems to be "when in doubt, picket", you better BELIEVE the answer's yes. :lol:
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Temno the wolf

Post by Temno the wolf »

Poor Breel... Am I the only one who thought of Alphin and the chipmunks after reading Keene's comment?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Everything Keene says is now a lot funnier.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I do have to say...

Technically, what law did Keene break that necessitated cuffs? Obstructing a street is a traffic violation.

This will likely mess up any voice acting for Keene in fan projects, however. We'll need to figure out where to get a "Chipmunk" voice modulator.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Macsen wrote:I do have to say...

Technically, what law did Keene break that necessitated cuffs? Obstructing a street is a traffic violation.

This will likely mess up any voice acting for Keene in fan projects, however. We'll need to figure out where to get a "Chipmunk" voice modulator.
Yeah that's the thing all they had to do was walk in and tell Keene to move the Spa somewhere else. Ralph just went a bit overboard on this one.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Temno the wolf wrote:Poor Breel... Am I the only one who thought of Alphin and the chipmunks after reading Keene's comment?
No, definitely not. Of course, now I can’t get the theme song out of my head.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

fenrirblack wrote:If this was any other comic I would think this situation would turn into a showdown between Keene and Ralph to see who holds more power in Babylon Gardens.
what comics have you been reading?

i do agree that ralph is kind of overstepping his bounds on this but it is kind of funny in a similar way to the great water balloon war. seems the neighborhood dogs have a habit of taking small things too seriously, which i would say is accurate to how real dogs act. at least he's self aware!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wonder if Ralph's actions will result in Keene not having to pay a fine for blocking the street. I sure hope not. Only because Ralph makes it seem that Keene breaks the laws whether unknowingly or not and gets out of paying.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Temno the wolf wrote:Poor Breel... Am I the only one who thought of Alphin and the chipmunks after reading Keene's comment?
I was thinking more of Alan and the Ground Squirrels.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

biddyfox wrote:i do agree that ralph is kind of overstepping his bounds on this but it is kind of funny in a similar way to the great water balloon war. seems the neighborhood dogs have a habit of taking small things too seriously, which i would say is accurate to how real dogs act. at least he's self aware!
This all the way :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I guess we are gonna have to see what if anything happens to Ralph.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Seeing Keene’s expression in the second panel you can imagine him holding up three fingers and counting down until Ralph realizes what he just said.

Now that they’ve all realized that this entire ordeal was ridiculous, I do hope Ralph takes a moment to explain his reasoning because I want to know what was going through his head when he thought all of this was warranted. My thought is not a lot of crime must happen in his jurisdiction so he has a lot of built of enthusiasm. And he scolded Fox for overreacting. :roll:
Actually, Ralph chewed out Fox for trying to solve everything by himself instead of trusting his partner and his unit. Fox did his best to avoid anyone else getting involved by not turning in the evidence tape or Sasha herself. Sure, Ralph here is operating by himself, but he only stepped in after his team had failed him.
Soerix wrote:Uh-oh. :?

"But I don't wanna relapse!"
Does Breel mean that he spent time in jail in his previous life?
I doubt he ever physically spent time in jail. back in his day, if a rodent like him committed a crime, the humans would probably just exterminate- oh :?.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Seeing Keene’s expression in the second panel you can imagine him holding up three fingers and counting down until Ralph realizes what he just said.

Now that they’ve all realized that this entire ordeal was ridiculous, I do hope Ralph takes a moment to explain his reasoning because I want to know what was going through his head when he thought all of this was warranted. My thought is not a lot of crime must happen in his jurisdiction so he has a lot of built of enthusiasm. And he scolded Fox for overreacting. :roll:
Actually, Ralph chewed out Fox for trying to solve everything by himself instead of trusting his partner and his unit. Fox did his best to avoid anyone else getting involved by not turning in the evidence tape or Sasha herself. Sure, Ralph here is operating by himself, but he only stepped in after his team had failed him.
Soerix wrote:Uh-oh. :?

"But I don't wanna relapse!"
Does Breel mean that he spent time in jail in his previous life?
I doubt he ever physically spent time in jail. back in his day, if a rodent like him committed a crime, the humans would probably just exterminate- oh :?.
If you’re worried that’s how he died is being executed basically, it was mildly implied he was killed by a train in this strip
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:back in his day, if a rodent like him committed a crime, the humans would probably just exterminate- oh :?.
I can not believe that anyone who actually follows this strip would get a rodent and a mustelid mixed up. Hecking heck, man.

Yeh really man I mean you want me to do a demo huh huh?

No thanks, I have slides.

(pulls out the projector)

Mustelidae are carnivores. Just look at their teeth, small delicate incisors and large canines and carnassials. The molars are grabbing and sheering teeth as well.

Rodents are practically the opposite. Huge powerful incisors, no canines or sheering teeth at all, instead a big gap between the incisors and strong flat molars.

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

hooray for learning.
Champion Wallace

I know Breel is a mustelid, not a rodent. That's why I linked to Not As Dirty As It Sounds. In the alt text for that someone calls Keene a rodent and he gets upset yelling "I'm a carnivore you imbecile". My point was even if scientifically speaking, mustelids are not rodents, if the public in general has the misconception they are rodents, they are going to treat them like rodents.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

From that logic a better term to use would be “vermin”
Champion Wallace

I almost went with the tern "vermin", but I concluded there would be a lower chance of misunderstanding with the term "rodent" because it was obviously wrong instead of questionably correct and the comic example used the term vermin. Plus I thought the sentence flowed better with "rodent". Someone still misinterpreted my post so I guess that's my bad.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I would have used the term "rodent" only because "vermin" has negative connotations and I don't think that Breel is bad now.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Champion Wallace wrote:My point was even if scientifically speaking, mustelids are not rodents, if the public in general has the misconception they are rodents
You're talking to someone whose SL and HIFI avatar is a ferret, you don't think I don't know that? It's why I'm touchy about it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Real quick, what is SL and HIFI? Acronyms are not my strong suit.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Judging from the way the conversation went, I assume that they are some sort of science terms.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

SL probably refers to "Second Life," which is a sort of social game/chat site. Unfamiliar with HIFI.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Is Second Life even around anymore? That was big like a decade ago. :roll:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Is Second Life even around anymore? That was big like a decade ago. :roll:
Considering stuff like Maplestory and webkinz are still around, I'd be surprised if second life isn't.
Argent

Post by Argent »

*eyeroll* of course Second Life is still around. High Fidelity is a new project that's pure VR by the same guy who originally created Second Life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I probably heard of Second Life a decade ago when it was bigger, but I now have forgotten about it and don't have any clue about it now. :3
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I probably heard of Second Life a decade ago when it was bigger, but I now have forgotten about it and don't have any clue about it now. :3
I don’t get the games huge appeal. Its graphics were always pretty bad, a weird detail for a game that wanted you to treat it like a separate life from your real life. I still remember when CSI NY and the office both had episodes about it. Surprisingly both were better than the infamous furry episode of the original CSI
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

what is the "the infamous furry episode of the original CSI?" I first heard about it last night and it's been bothering me.
Fun fact this is called the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. This phenomenon occurs when the thing you've just noticed, experienced or been told about suddenly crops up constantly.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fascinating, and what is the origins of that term, "Baader-Meinhof phenomenon"? I know who they are but "phenomena"? :?:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:what is the "the infamous furry episode of the original CSI?" I first heard about it last night and it's been bothering me.
Fun fact this is called the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon. This phenomenon occurs when the thing you've just noticed, experienced or been told about suddenly crops up constantly.
It’s called “fur and loathing”. You know how even now furries kinda have a reputation about only being interested in one thing? Let’s just say CSI is to blame for a lot of that perception, though at this point it’s more funny than irritating seeing how badly they represented us. Sadly some of the funny cringy moments I’m not sure if the mods would want me testing if are okay, so I’ll only mention the funniest one, the furball (I still laugh about how stupid it is)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I only found out about that episode because I read it on TVTropes.