2019/04/08 - Unwarranted

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/04/08 - Unwarranted

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/04/08 - Unwarranted]
Title Text: breel if you didn't wanna relapse you shouldn't have become mortal in a fallen world again, just saying

Breel, we were serious when we said that you were too good for this world.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/04/08 - Unwarranted

Post by Saturn381 »

Maybe you should stop taking things so seriously, Ralph.

Also, for some reason I really like Breel's face in panel one.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Don’t worry about saying cool stuff Ralph, you’re already cool

-ish
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Glad to hear this was what Rick had in mind from the beginning... also that stare Keene is giving is basically the stare of the forum discussions
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Soooo, I have a few notes.

Ralph DID not think this one through at all. Points for us.

Seriously, what is with these characters? Now Breel has a secret criminal history that we know nothing about. When does it end?

Keene pointing out the sound of his voice is very strange for a text based medium. I don’t even know how to respond tho that.

Keene’s expression in the second panel is how I’ve felt for the last five months since Ralph first announced his intent to charge Keene with a crime and send the K-9 into the spa to find him.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Wikirojo

Post by Wikirojo »

Breel's expresion is adorable but sad ;w;
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

fenrirblack wrote:Keene pointing out the sound of his voice is very strange for a text based medium. I don’t even know how to respond tho that.
Yeah, I always forget that's what he's supposed to sound like. His voice in my head is way different.

Ralph, when you make an arrest without a warrant you get chewed out by the chief and then fail the mission level and have to start over ..... Or, that's what happens in Carmen Sandiego anyway. :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:Soooo, I have a few notes.

Seriously, what is with these characters? Now Breel has a secret criminal history that we know nothing about. When does it end?

Keene pointing out the sound of his voice is very strange for a text based medium. I don’t even know how to respond tho that.

Keene’s expression in the second panel is how I’ve felt for the last five months since Ralph first announced his intent to charge Keene with a crime and send the K-9 into the spa to find him.
I mean, aside from Fox considering what happened last time he assumed stuff, I’m a little surprised the other K9 units didn’t point this out to him. And while not important, I definitely appreciate knowing Keene has a squeaky voice. Not too hard to imagine it considering I have a pet ferret, and if his voice sounds like that... I bet Breel has to remind himself not to squeal in awe of the cute factor sometimes when he talks to let his boyfriend have some dignity
Last edited by Gameb18oy on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

i am imagining breel as a charming ruffian in the 19th century and blushing slightly. cutie marten stealing from the rich and giving from the poor, but still keeping a super secret relationship with the pet ferret of a rich oil baron named mr milton... :O
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I Knew This Was Going To Happen I Had A Day Dream About It"
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

biddyfox wrote:i am imagining breel as a charming ruffian in the 19th century and blushing slightly. cutie marten stealing from the rich and giving from the poor, but still keeping a super secret relationship with the pet ferret of a rich oil baron named mr milton... :O
I feel like Breel is likely gonna get a flashback arc just because he’s implied in side art and with little snippets here and there to have been around during the taming of the Wild West, and that’s just a fun period to work with. Wonder if Rick would go with the movie’s portrayal of the time or the history books one? The stuff in the actual history is more fascinating... but elements of why I don’t think Rick could easily write around if he did that. For those who don’t know, I’ll use this analogy, women were the ones who really ran the west, and there was a particular reason as for why that was so
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Glad to see that even Ralph is realizing that he might have overreacted.

But again, if Keene doesn't own the spa, it shouldn't be his responsibility in the first place, should it? Keene called the spa service out to that spot, sure, but I would think some responsibility lies with the service itself. They should've known that setting up in the middle of the road is illegal, and they went ahead and did it anyway.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

If the charge sounded more dire in his head, that would indicate this operation wasn't just about extracting a fine, but also to uphold order. Rick Griffin said in response about the alt-text for Serious Business that "He doesn't HAVE to have a squeaky voice, but I put it in the alt text because the image in my head was too funny". Is this strip confirming that alt-text aligns with canon?
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Seeing Keene’s expression in the second panel you can imagine him holding up three fingers and counting down until Ralph realizes what he just said.

Now that they’ve all realized that this entire ordeal was ridiculous, I do hope Ralph takes a moment to explain his reasoning because I want to know what was going through his head when he thought all of this was warranted. My thought is not a lot of crime must happen in his jurisdiction so he has a lot of built of enthusiasm. And he scolded Fox for overreacting. :roll:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

You broke the rules, every code,
when you left this in the road.
I’ve gotta take you in, rich guy,
so put your paws to the sky.
Am I over-reacting? Maybe
but suck it up, you little baby.
No need to cry here, big guy,
it’s your partner that’s been sly.
I’ll ask about your ‘relapse’ word
and look to find if you’ve done bird.
It wouldn’t surprise me at all;
You’re a criminal having a ball.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Champion Wallace wrote:If the charge sounded more dire in his head, that would indicate this operation wasn't just about extracting a fine, but also to uphold order.
fenrirblack wrote:My thought is not a lot of crime must happen in his jurisdiction so he has a lot of built of enthusiasm. And he scolded Fox for overreacting. :roll:
I will forgive Ralph if we can get at least one scene where he screams "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" and chases someone from one end of the county to the other for stealing an apple.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

fenrirblack wrote:Soooo, I have a few notes.

He did not. Frankly, it makes him sound Corrupt, hence Why he probably said that at the End.

For some reason, I started to think Ralph sounds like Mickey Mouse. :lol:

And Yeah, at the start, Ralph said, "Need to Fine him.", and yet, he Pulls out Handcuffs for... Everyone. Ralph, You're acting like a Corrupt Police Officer right now. And besides, if it isn't Blocking traffic, then I think the Fine falls flat.
fenrirblack wrote:My thought is not a lot of crime must happen in his jurisdiction so he has a lot of built of enthusiasm. And he scolded Fox for overreacting. :roll:
Hypocrisy, thy name is Ralph.
leinglo wrote:I will forgive Ralph if we can get at least one scene where he screams "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM!" and chases someone from one end of the county to the other for stealing an apple.
HAH!
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I just thought of a way this chapter can end that would make so much sense I would be surprised if it didn’t turn out this way. Keene sits Ralph down and tells him he’s overworked and he needs a vacation. Ralph realizing keene is right asks where he can go to relax and Keene gives him another “are you an idiot look.” Then we see Ralph relaxing in the water with the other K-9’s who are trying really hard not to give him a hard time.

I can’t do it. I can’t imagine Keene with a small squeaky voice. I always heard this more adult-ish voice. A bit cynical but never squeaky.

On a different note, I was against a Breel backstory chapter of showing him back when he was alive the first time but if he was a criminal of some kind, suddenly my interest has peeked slightly. Let me guess he set off a chain of events that he felt the need to fix and it ultimately led to his death as he sacrificed himself to undo what he had done and find redemption.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sarge, you gotta stop playing that "Dragnet" theme song in your head! It's wrecking your thought processes.

Okay, extra training hours for everybody.

And, yeah, Breel needs a serious hug. Poor dear.
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Ok

Someone please give the precious pine marten a hug.

Ralph you're an idiot.

Keene's face is so justifiable it hurts.

I have never and will never imagine Keene with a high squeaky voice. Can i imagine him with the voice of a 10 year old child? Probably but i mean it's not like he's a ground squirrel

Ralph you're an idiot.......wait didn't i type that already?
Last edited by Vanice on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well at least Ralph acknowledged that he was going overboard on this one. Also I would really like to see Breels first life now that should be interesting.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

John-056 wrote:Ralph, You're acting like a Corrupt Police Officer right now.
Let's not be hyperbolic please =3

These faces are all the best faces :D
Rick, you make good faces ^^
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:On a different note, I was against a Breel backstory chapter of showing him back when he was alive the first time but if he was a criminal of some kind, suddenly my interest has peeked slightly. Let me guess he set off a chain of events that he felt the need to fix and it ultimately led to his death as he sacrificed himself to undo what he had done and find redemption.
IceKitsune wrote:Also I would really like to see Breels first life now that should be interesting.
Let's look at what we know about Breel. We know he was killed by a train, he lived around the old west, and we now know that he was a lawbreaker in his past life.

So here's my theory/headcanon-until-proven-otherwise: Breel was part of a gang of bandits, until for one reason or another he decided to quit. Later, he tried to stop his old gang from robbing a train, and ended up being ran over, presumably in some form of heroic sacrifice in a final battle that wouldn't have looked out of place in 3:10 to Yuma.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Uh-oh. :?

"But I don't wanna relapse!"
Does Breel mean that he spent time in jail in his previous life?
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Wait i just remembered what relapse means yes i know i'm an idiot Breel what did you do in your original life? I'm pretty sure he must have been some kind of bad guy, but since he wasn't in Pandemonium he must have done something that got him to Heaven and then he mellowed out since Heaven does that to people. But has he actually been to jail? Or does he just think that will make him go back to his old habits?

Also I don't know much about street laws but can you really get arrested for blocking a street when
A. You weren't made aware by the police what you were doing is illegal
B. You didn't drive the vehicle in question and
C. You weren't at least given a parking ticket?
I'm just saying this whole thing is a bit extravagant from the fanservice arc to now. I doubt that Ralph hasn't dealt with the Miltons before and should know that money isn't a real issue. Give them the ticket he so desperately wants to give. They pay for it. Blingle Blongle Bloongle. i don't think anyone will get this reference. shouldn't arresting anyone at anytime be the last resort?

Also Also are Fox and the K-9 Crew going to get in trouble for staying longer than they should? I mean the snow did melt already.
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Vanice wrote:Also Also are Fox and the K-9 Crew going to get in trouble for staying longer than they should? I mean the snow did melt already.
Nah, I don't think so. I guess this is the moment when Ralph DOES realise putting everyone in handcuffs was a bit too much instead of just going to Keene and just...you know..fine him.

I wonder what Breene is talking about, either he just stole shiny things because "YAY! SHINY!" or he was a train robber in the wild west. Since I know the latter is unlikely I hope we don't hear what he did, just so I can keep it as my headcanon :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:On a different note, I was against a Breel backstory chapter of showing him back when he was alive the first time but if he was a criminal of some kind, suddenly my interest has peeked slightly.
Based on this picture I'm calling out "card-shark". That would make him a card shark carpet shark. Doo doo doo doo...
Vanice wrote:Also I don't know much about street laws but can you really get arrested for blocking a street
No.

You get a ticket in the mail for a couple of hundred bucks.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Aw, poor Breel. Ralph looks like he is beginning to realize that the whole operation may have been a bit much. Maybe this’ll lead to him realizing that he needs a vacation or needs to relax and maybe getting a massage or a acupuncture session with Mungo.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It never occurred to me until now, but one of the juicy ironies is that Keene might've broken laws more than Ralph arrested that Ralph might not know the actual gravity of some arrests.

And yes ~ poor Breel D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Relapse? NOW I'm curious to know what Breel's past life was.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Hey! Ralph!

This is not an action film.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

It will actually be mildly cruel if we don’t see Fox’s reaction when the K-9 unit realizes Ralph has done a goof
jonas

Post by jonas »

Breel was jailed back in the day for hijacking a train, although he claimed it was a "science experiment."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that Ralph is arresting everybody as well as Keene because he believes they took part in the crime by enjoying the spa and he is only arresting everybody to get them to pay fines. 8-)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It is so hard to take Ralph seriously with those eyebrows in the second panel. Just saying. :lol:

The saddest part of all is the fact that the street would have already been closed due to the snow.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

trekkie wrote:Aw, poor Breel. Ralph looks like he is beginning to realize that the whole operation may have been a bit much. Maybe this’ll lead to him realizing that he needs a vacation or needs to relax and maybe getting a massage or a acupuncture session with Mungo.
So you want to tell us he needs to a place where he can relax?
I heard spas are good for that....but where is Ralph supposed to get a spa :?:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"The eyes are the windows to the soul... the eyebrows are the venetian blinds." Whoever said that won't admit it...…. ;)
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
trekkie wrote:Aw, poor Breel. Ralph looks like he is beginning to realize that the whole operation may have been a bit much. Maybe this’ll lead to him realizing that he needs a vacation or needs to relax and maybe getting a massage or a acupuncture session with Mungo.
So you want to tell us he needs to a place where he can relax?
I heard spas are good for that....but where is Ralph supposed to get a spa :?:
Good point. It’s not like there’s one in the middle of Babylon Gardens or anything.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Aww, no, it's so sad to see Breel again with metallic rings around his wrist, and with chains... :( Look at that face... :cry: Keene, instead, doesn't care much, he has problems with law since long time. :P Nothing similar has been a big deal for him. ;) Ahah, you silly Ralph. :lol: Why say so? You suddenly crushed the authority you built in years. :P Uhm, so, I really have to read every Keene's phrase with a squeaky voice in my head. :D
William Hearthfire

Post by William Hearthfire »

More Keene and Breel! :D