2019/04/05 - Sting Stinger

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/04/05 - Sting Stinger

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/04/05 - Sting Stinger]
Title Text: you get arrested! and YOU get arrested! and YOU get--

Oh, no, it's the popo.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/04/05 - Sting Stinger

Post by Saturn381 »

Everyone gets arrested. THE END!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I wonder for how he waited outside. Ralph always gets his man...uhmm..ferret :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

FINALLY! Keene gets arrested. I would say this is the end of the hot springs if it wasn’t the start of a new Chapter. I can only assume we’ll spend the next two to three weeks wrapping up the various stories that had taken place these last five months like an encore to the “Hot Springs Episode Encore” chapter. Again it took five months for Ralph to finally attempt an arrest.

Okay now everyone leaves and Karishad sets the spa on fire.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Nice humble brag in the second panel Milton

wait... is everybody getting arrested?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

If Ralph is in there, that means the weather must have cleared up enough to follow through on an arrest. With an arc title like No Time For Hot Springs!, it looks like the Hot Springs Co. SUPER DELUX Special isn't going to last past the End Of Year Eleven.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

We should have known Ralph would be the reason the Spa disappears in hindsight. He is mister killjoy after all. Got to say, him coming in now only makes it more obvious how dumb his infiltration task was. I mean, I’m not upset the most muscular dogs had a reason to show up in the fanservice arc, but even in comic this took way longer to do than it should have. Aside from seniority, I have to question how he made it to the role he has
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Wait, is Ralph about to put the cuffs on Keene, or in the process of putting the cuffs on Sabrina?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

As a note, we don't actually know how long in universe this has taken. It could have been as few as 2 days, and within a week is certainly possible
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:If Ralph is in there, that means the weather must have cleared up enough to follow through on an arrest. With an arc title like No Time For Hot Springs!, it looks like the Hot Springs Co. SUPER DELUX Special isn't going to last past the End Of Year Eleven.
We saw the snow melt away. The fact it took this long for Ralph to finally show up is another example of why so many of us question why he's a sergeant.
It was pretty obvious that it was never going to go to the end of the year.
leinglo wrote:Wait, is Ralph about to put the cuffs on Keene, or in the process of putting the cuffs on Sabrina?
That's a really good question. I mean he would have no real reason to arrest her but you can't really see what his other paw is doing and Sabrina's reaction seems strong. OMG, I just realized if Ralph decides to arrest everyone there then this would be the THIRD time King has been arrested. :lol:
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Alrighty, the next two arcs spanning the course of a year will be the court proceedings as Keene appeals. :roll: :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:
leinglo wrote:Wait, is Ralph about to put the cuffs on Keene, or in the process of putting the cuffs on Sabrina?
That's a really good question. I mean he would have no real reason to arrest her but you can't really see what his other paw is doing and Sabrina's reaction seems strong.
Technically, Ralph doesn't have much cause to arrest anybody here. "Arrest" never should have entered into this procedure. If the spa trailer was illegally parked, okay, you make Keene move it or get rid of it and hit him with a big ticket. The cuffs should only come out if Keene refuses to pay or won't show up for a court date.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:If Ralph is in there, that means the weather must have cleared up enough to follow through on an arrest. With an arc title like No Time For Hot Springs!, it looks like the Hot Springs Co. SUPER DELUX Special isn't going to last past the End Of Year Eleven.
We saw the snow melt away. The fact it took this long for Ralph to finally show up is another example of why so many of us question why he's a sergeant.
We all knew it was never going to go to the end of the year.
That's a really good question. I mean he would have no real reason to arrest her but you can't really see what his other paw is doing and Sabrina's reaction seems strong.
Huh, didn’t know it was the start of a new arc. Shame Rick is likely getting rid of the spa. Even if it got even less of a spotlight as the zoo animals after this point, it be nice knowing about a hangout area for the pets. Wonder if Ralph’s lack of competence from our perspective is gonna be addressed? The only thing he really has going for him is that lecture to Fox on how the police station actually works, he hasn’t really done anything to show why the humans put him in charge, and even that any of Fox’s seniors could have told him... heck in hindsight Fido might have been a better person to give that advice, due to that talk with Sabrina in the arc + he has a some pre-established connections to Fox already. Also, all this sting is for is a ticket to pay for Mungo’s damages... honestly Keene’s not against spending money to earn himself some favors, he probably would just throw money at that without too much of a fight.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

And now we come full circle
as into the plot does barge
that curmudgeonly dog of enforcement,
known locally as the Sarge.
He sent his troops in before
to arrest the parking magnate
and, now the snow has gone,
he’s arranged the Judge’s date.
Can the ‘old lady’ talk to him
and will she even go and try?
After all, when it comes down,
Keene really isn’t her guy.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Gosh, lighten up, Ralph. And get naked!

I do kind of wonder where this is going. Either the spa will be gone, Keene put in jail and all of the K9's who didn't do their job properly will get fired; or Ralph will somehow come around and let them off with a fine at best. He probably won't get naked though.

Ralph lookin kinda old. He's lookin older than Sabrina, and she's (apparently) old old.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... And so to court ... are we gonna see Mr. London again? Man, everybody's getting a walk-on!
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

leinglo wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Technically, Ralph doesn't have much cause to arrest anybody here. "Arrest" never should have entered into this procedure. If the spa trailer was illegally parked, okay, you make Keene move it or get rid of it and hit him with a big ticket. The cuffs should only come out if Keene refuses to pay or won't show up for a court date.
I can’t really see much reason for them to be arrested either, but the title text doesn’t inspire much confidence. And come to think of it, the K9s were trying to arrest Keene from the start. http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... -in-again/
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Ruska wrote:
leinglo wrote: Technically, Ralph doesn't have much cause to arrest anybody here. "Arrest" never should have entered into this procedure. If the spa trailer was illegally parked, okay, you make Keene move it or get rid of it and hit him with a big ticket. The cuffs should only come out if Keene refuses to pay or won't show up for a court date.
I can’t really see much reason for them to be arrested either, but the title text doesn’t inspire much confidence. And come to think of it, the K9s were trying to arrest Keene from the start. http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... -in-again/
Really, the whole situation makes the PD here look a little crooked. Ralph's trying to get as big of a fine out of Keene as he can specifically because the department needs money. They're jumping over several steps of procedure to go straight to arrest with no apparent warrants. No one here has actually raised the question of what exactly they plan to charge Keene with. All they have is "potential" illegal parking. I say potential because unless Keene bought the spa trailer (and he might have, but the impression I got from the start is that he's renting it), he doesn't own it, and thus the legality of the parking isn't his responsibility. It's not like he was the one that drove the spa out, parked it, and set it up.

Considering how long the police dogs have been there, it's hard to believe that Keene isn't aware of them, or why they are there, and he doesn't seem to be at all worried, so maybe he knows they really don't have much to pin him with.
Argent

Post by Argent »

No, no, no, no, no. Ralph has no grounds to arrest him. Parking a truck and blocking traffic is a minor misdemeanor basically *anywhere*.

Gawd I hope this ends up with Ralph getting cited for false arrest.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Whoo boy. Sabrina getting arrested. That was a shocker.

I agree with the fans on this one - don't think Ralph has that kind of power. Before this place goes, Ralph needs a bath :twisted:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I hate to say this, but I honestly hope the police dogs get arrested too. They really were being very corrupt. I was honestly kind of disappointed in Fox. I didn't think he'd shirk his duties like this.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Yeah, aside from blocking traffic, I really don’t know what crimes Ralph can change Keene with much less anyone else. I also can’t imagine that most of the pet parents would be thrilled that their pets would get arrested simply for being in a spa, and for part of that time the pets were kept at the spa for their safety by members of the K-9 squad.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

All I can say is...♫Keen fought the law and the law won! Keene fought the law and the law won♫
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Actually everything would be solved with a big fine maybe Ralph isn't really arresting them, but just puts cuffs on them to take them out?
Althought even that seems too much.
Maybe he just wants to have the spa for himself :lol:

Anyway if he does something wrong he will be for sure called a "bad boy" :mrgreen:
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

This is the part where reality sets in.
Or some reasonable facsimile thereof.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp looks like the Spa saga is finally coming to an end. Though everyone getting arrested is a bit of an over reaction. Just telling them to leave and fining Keene seems like enough of a punishment.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

honestly, this seems like the most logical endpoint would be ralph and/or his handler getting in hot water over misuse of resources (sending the dogs in) and a false arrest (parking violations being a misdemeanor, not felony, and the responsibility of the driver keene hired not keene himself.) after the department gets sued on keene's behalf by the other ferrets.

also seriously ralph? interrupting one of his "maybe i should be less of a jerk" moments? you're supposed to encourage those not stomp on them.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Will the next arc take place in the slammer? :?:
Argent

Post by Argent »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Actually everything would be solved with a big fine
In our universe at least, and I checked a number of jurisdictions, we're talking about a few hundred dollars max. Unless they have some kind of law that scales the fine for the net worth of the offender this is something that would involve a ticket mailed to the mansion and paid by some flunky without Keene ever knowing about it.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It really makes you wonder how much thought really went into this plan. I wonder if Rick will just make up a bunch of laws to justify the K-9s doing this in the first place.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, seems that the party time is now going to end, and not in a nice way... :? I agree with Sabrina, that's nice of Keene. :) Well, you only rented a mobile spa, ain't you constructed and are managing it, Keene, and that costs much more. :P I really wonder how many zeros there are in his bank account... :D The permanent spa is a good idea, but maybe not leaving it on a road, please. ;) And well, so, all is ending. It's time to get all arrested... :(
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:It really makes you wonder how much thought really went into this plan. I wonder if Rick will just make up a bunch of laws to justify the K-9s doing this in the first place.
Personally, I’m hoping he was expecting us to think that Ralph was taking things a bit too far (and yet planned nothing as his collarless boys couldn’t get in contact with him even if they hadn’t gotten distracted) so that this arc can address that conception
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I could also imagine something will happen that will distract Ralph and everyone gets away. Maybe Mungo barges in, kicks down a door or something and it lands right on Ralph.

Slapstick :lol:
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

If Keene actually ends up arrested over this, I think we're facing the risk of him becoming an actual super villain. Being overly, or outright wrongfully punished when they're trying to do something nice is a pretty standard villainous origin story. It would certainly be a very good way to make Keene an enemy of the K-9 force, and he may not cooperate with them in the future.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You would have thought that Sabrina would have given Keene a heads up as she was being arrested. :mrgreen:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

leinglo wrote:If Keene actually ends up arrested over this, I think we're facing the risk of him becoming an actual super villain. Being overly, or outright wrongfully punished when they're trying to do something nice is a pretty standard villainous origin story. It would certainly be a very good way to make Keene an enemy of the K-9 force, and he may not cooperate with them in the future.
I don’t think Keene is gonna end up a super villain. Keene has always been more of the anti-hero type, with more alignment with good stuff than bad.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:You would have thought that Sabrina would have given Keene a heads up as she was being arrested. :mrgreen:
It’s not very clear what’s going on in there, so it’s kinda jumping the gun saying Sabrina is getting arrested
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well Ralph does have handcuffs open and is grabbing Sabrina so that was the assumption I made.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:
leinglo wrote:If Keene actually ends up arrested over this, I think we're facing the risk of him becoming an actual super villain. Being overly, or outright wrongfully punished when they're trying to do something nice is a pretty standard villainous origin story. It would certainly be a very good way to make Keene an enemy of the K-9 force, and he may not cooperate with them in the future.
I don’t think Keene is gonna end up a super villain. Keene has always been more of the anti-hero type, with more alignment with good stuff than bad.
Personally, I don't think he's actually going to end up arrested. Like everyone's said, Ralph and the K-9s would be way out of line for that. But, if that is how this going to end, I find it hard to believe that Keene wouldn't end up just a little embittered over it.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

leinglo wrote:Personally, I don't think he's actually going to end up arrested. Like everyone's said, Ralph and the K-9s would be way out of line for that. But, if that is how this going to end, I find it hard to believe that Keene wouldn't end up just a little embittered over it.
I think it would be more likely that he ends up learning that he can't do everything he wanted as a normal citizen instead of becoming a villain.
Holding a grudge, yes, but not a villain.
The closest thing he really got to became a villain was during temple crashers 2 when he wanted to do everything to archieve his goal, but he snapped himself out of it when Breel was in danger. So I would say he is good. Even if Keene somehow ends up as a villain (which I doubt) I don't think this event will lead to it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gonna have a heck of a time getting that piece of evidence into a court room. And if the judge and jury get into the spa, you're not getting a guilty verdict, Sarge. ;)