2019/04/03 - How The Turns Have Tabled

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/04/03 - How The Turns Have Tabled

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/04/03 - How The Turns Have Tabled]
Title Text: because cheese isn't good for you, that's why! now enjoy your wheat-and-flour-free pea protein and flan pizza

Gotta say, the many bases were covered in this one instant.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/04/03 - How The Turns Have Tabled

Post by Saturn381 »

Gotta love Tiger's pouty face.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Am I going crazy or is something wrong with the coloring or the shading or something?

Good to see Rockstar and Tiger again. It's been too long. Good ole Rockstar being responsible and getting an after school job. I wonder if he's old enough to drive or is he lugging those pizza's around some other way. I'll be honest, I thought he was only like fourteen.

Also one last note, DANG Keene is strong. Carrying twenty pizza's like that considering his size. Extra Large no less. Someone's been working out. :)
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Postcard

Post by Postcard »

Is Rockstar going to school and working? Good on him for taking the ferrets seriously.

Also he seems to have inherited some of Deadeye's strength.
Last edited by Postcard on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

This is the second time HP makes a reference to certain movie. But I don’t remember which ;)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Frank

Post by Frank »

I'd say Tiger should know better than to try that with the same pizza company enough times to get flagged, but then I remembered this is Tiger, he probably has tried every possible variation with every possible delivery service... in the first week alone
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Man he sure rented out that spa for quite a while. Or wait can they not move it because of the boot on the Truck?

Oh Tiger you have to share all those Pizzas, you can't just eat them all yourself. You'll explode if you do. :lol:
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

"WHO ORDERED THE WELL MARBLED DELIVERY....Wolf?"

The tables turn in more ways than one. :P

I bet he gets good tips though. He looks totally adorable in that uniform.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Is it just me, or does it look like Rockstar's right ear is outside of his hat, but his left ear is going through a a hole? Even if both ears are going outside, it still means they needed to make him a custom hat for his uniform (at least they didn't need to worry about pants).
Postcard wrote:Also he seems to have inherited some of Deadeye's strength.
I don't know which feet requires more strength, carrying 50 extra large pizzas, or holding back a hungry Tiger with one arm.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The DeliverAroo Wolf at the side door
isn’t as foolish as they come;
he’s strong enough to hold Tiger back
and identify the threat to come.
Tiger’s known to many in the food biz
as one who doesn’t tell the truth
and, unlike his honest brother Marvin,
everything he says needs proof.
When did young Tiger get here anyway?
He’s not been seen in the pool.
Though I suppose we can just admit
anyone who missed this is a fool.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Hang on, is this the first time Keene and Tiger or Rockstar and Tiger have actually talked to each other (not including off-screen which doesn't count)? I can't think of another time Tiger has talked with either one of them.

Seriously what is up with Tiger's fur? It was practically yellow the last time we saw him and before that it was more golden now it is more apricot.
Bandit1990 wrote:"WHO ORDERED THE WELL MARBLED DELIVERY....Wolf?"

The tables turn in more ways than one. :P

I bet he gets good tips though. He looks totally adorable in that uniform.
We've come so far or at least Rockstar has. :P
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:I wonder if he's old enough to drive or is he lugging those pizza's around some other way. I'll be honest, I thought he was only like fourteen.
I would say some other way. I could be wrong, but I don't think Keene's animal equality initiative is far enough along for animals to have driver's licenses.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

The K9s have scooters. He could have something like that.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

Is it me or is Keenes size is very...inconsistent?
Champion Wallace

IceKitsune wrote:Oh Tiger you have to share all those Pizzas, you can't just eat them all yourself. You'll explode if you do. :lol:
I think he could eat all those. He is a scientific anomaly after all.
fenrirblack wrote:Hang on, is this the first time Keene and Tiger or Rockstar and Tiger have actually talked to each other (not including off-screen which doesn't count)? I can't think of another time Tiger has talked with either one of them.
This is only the fourth strip to include at least two of those three, (the others being This Was About Christmas?, Here Come Da Bride, and Town Hall-iday). You could say Keene is talking to Tiger in Town Hall-iday, but that's not a conversation. Off-panel, Tiger and Rockstar Hawk both went to Them Park World so they could've potentially interacted there.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Tiger, you're looking almost svelte ... I nearly thought you were "Actor Dog"! Is Marvin here, too? (Daisy, even?)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Rockstar Hawk is the best pizza delivery pup
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

They've restocked their provisions, they are not leaving the comfort of the spa anytime soon.

As for Rockstar, certain vehicles like E-bikes don't require a licence to operate. Granted they are slow, but there may be other similar more efficient vehicles.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

So, Tiger is at the spa too, I wonder who else is here that we haven’t seen. I hope Keene gave Rockstar Hawk a sizable tip.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

trekkie wrote:So, Tiger is at the spa too, I wonder who else is here that we haven’t seen. I hope Keene gave Rockstar Hawk a sizable tip.
I would say Ralph, but it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the next comic strip with a towel around his hips and saying he is in the spa for a "undercover" operation and then jumping into the next pool :lol:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

With how much Tiger eats, I'm surprised he's not as big as Other Daryl yet.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Could be just me, but naked tiger is skinnier x3

Beware ~ Beware the Tiger of the sea. He'll gobble up your pizzas and flee.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:Is it just me, or does it look like Rockstar's right ear is outside of his hat, but his left ear is going through a a hole? Even if both ears are going outside, it still means they needed to make him a custom hat for his uniform (at least they didn't need to worry about pants).
I don't know which feet requires more strength, carrying 50 extra large pizzas, or holding back a hungry Tiger with one arm.
At least on the surprise factor, I’d say Keene. He’s not even fazed by the weight of those things, I’m gonna guess that might be one of the left behind superpowers from being in the temple, like Zac’s glow in the dark foot, Res’s Weretiger form... you know add on that Satau’s Power ended up being hereditary as Mungo demonstrated (he even got the same outfit in the temple) and I’m starting to think Dragon may have ripped Tarot and Sabrina off with powers that ended up fading

Also guess Rockstar join’s Jotaro Cujo in the world of hat’s that don’t make sense when you pay too much attention
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Sometimes I wonder if Tiger is hypoglycemic.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pretty well "caps" it off..... Maybe those are extra-thin pizzas! ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It's too bad this was a one-off. I think having a chapter of Tiger scheming to get his hands on those pizza's would be amazing. Like an old-school cartoon where Tiger keeps employing more extravagant and improbable methods only to fail. Then in the end the other pets have pity on him and gives him a pizza. Probably Marvin if he still hasn't grown sick of Tiger's carp (he definitely looked like it the last time we saw him).
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Pretty well "caps" it off..... Maybe those are extra-thin pizzas! ;)
There’s still 50 of them and Keene unlike the wolves has no reason to be that strong. Even if Rick wasn’t thinking about that when he drew this, I hope that the fact Keene is surprisingly strong sticks around. Like it’s pretty much never focused on like with Mungo, but it becomes more and more obvious infinite wealth is not the only reason you shouldn’t mess with him
fenrirblack wrote:It's too bad this was a one-off. I think having a chapter of Tiger scheming to get his hands on those pizza's would be amazing. Like an old-school cartoon where Tiger keeps employing more extravagant and improbable methods only to fail. Then in the end the other pets have pity on him and gives him a pizza. Probably Marvin if he still hasn't grown sick of Tiger's carp (he definitely looked like it the last time we saw him).
Personally I interpreted it as Marvin being self-aware he wasn’t important to the following two comics. Would be nice if that one comic that suggested Marvin has a decent mind for scientific study got expanded on some. There are characters that have basically been abandoned that had more personality than him, so anything to justify him being there be nice.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah with how big you look in that panel and how much you DO eat Tiger, I don't think you will have to worry about starving anytime soon.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Whoa, with so many pizzas there must be a great party at the spa for the night. ;) Eheheh, silly Tiger. :D You would love to eat well fifty pizzas until you feel sick... :P Yeah, if it isn't his order, it's an his lie. ;) Even the young wolves know how Tiger is... :P Come one, Tiger, if you behave well, you'll get a slim slice of pizza. :lol: Also, Keene is very strong! :D
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:It's too bad this was a one-off. I think having a chapter of Tiger scheming to get his hands on those pizza's would be amazing. Like an old-school cartoon where Tiger keeps employing more extravagant and improbable methods only to fail. Then in the end the other pets have pity on him and gives him a pizza. Probably Marvin if he still hasn't grown sick of Tiger's carp (he definitely looked like it the last time we saw him).
Personally I interpreted it as Marvin being self-aware he wasn’t important to the following two comics. Would be nice if that one comic that suggested Marvin has a decent mind for scientific study got expanded on some. There are characters that have basically been abandoned that had more personality than him, so anything to justify him being there be nice.
I feel so bad for Marvin. He's so tertiary that's it's not even funny. His entire existence was to be Tiger's partner and a sounding board for Tiger's shenanigans. I love Tiger but Marvin can do so much better.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

It's cruel to deny a man his pizza. This is a civilized society!!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:
I feel so bad for Marvin. He's so tertiary that's it's not even funny. His entire existence was to be Tiger's partner and a sounding board for Tiger's shenanigans. I love Tiger but Marvin can do so much better.
Gets worse when you realize Zac often fills that role as well, so Marvin isn't even needed, he only stuck around because it be hard to ignore where he went if he suddenly just disappeared.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: Gets worse when you realize Zac often fills that role as well, so Marvin isn't even needed, he only stuck around because it be hard to ignore where he went if he suddenly just disappeared.
The saddest part is that he did suddenly disappear during the "laughter in a can" strip. He was in one panel then gone. Never to be seen again.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

While I shill for Daisy from time to time, I also share your sentiments about Marvin. Basically, he needs to move out of the role of second-hand to Tiger or else at least initiate projects with our grouchy canine glutton. He and Max could be an interesting pairing which would also allow Maxwell to develop beyond the role of Grape's main squeeze. If Rick wants to do the "not-dog-tries-to-join-the-K9s", Marvin would be more believable a cat candidate than Maxwell (unless Skip the hawk tries out). He could go to work as an accountant now that the Milton's have an opening in that job (or work for Gale). Actually, I could see him partnered with Zach Rabbit in a feral adventure. Or he could reveal a new dimension, such as a not-so-competant inventor or a talent agent for Fiddler and Keys. He could invite Daisy out for an orange soda at the Yarn Ball, and they could share sardonic observations on the ironies and inequities of comic stardom. ;)

Hey, if Rufus can do a star turn after lo these many years, why not a spotlight arc for Marvin?
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Yeah That'd Be A Good Idea"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm also wondering who got that picture of Tiger in the first place to be honest. Did somebody snap it while Tiger was stealing food? Or was it from security footage back at the mansion where he had obviously done this stunt many times to the ferrets?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i have one thing to say about that picture of tiger.

"SG137IU"
because i feel like im the only one who spotted that refrence.

That is all.

Mod Edit: Please don't make your text so small it can't be read without quoting, copying & pasting, or editing your message. Thanks!
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Does it have anything to do with Memento? Never even heard of that movie before, but brought up on Discord and Twitter.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

It Was The DON'T BELIEVE HIS LIES Caption["/color]
Champion Wallace

Gameb18oy wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Is it just me, or does it look like Rockstar's right ear is outside of his hat, but his left ear is going through a a hole? Even if both ears are going outside, it still means they needed to make him a custom hat for his uniform (at least they didn't need to worry about pants).
At least on the surprise factor, I’d say Keene. He’s not even fazed by the weight of those things, I’m gonna guess that might be one of the left behind superpowers from being in the temple, like Zac’s glow in the dark foot, Res’s Weretiger form... you know add on that Satau’s Power ended up being hereditary as Mungo demonstrated (he even got the same outfit in the temple) and I’m starting to think Dragon may have ripped Tarot and Sabrina off with powers that ended up fading

Also guess Rockstar join’s Jotaro Cujo in the world of hat’s that don’t make sense when you pay too much attention
I was talking about just Rockstar's strength. The order was for at least 50 pizzas so the wolf would need to carry all of those, but Keene is shown to be taking 20 at a time. You make a good point though, that 20 pizzas to a ferret would feel heavier than 50 pizzas would be to a wolf. I won't deny there is evidence for hereditary game powers, but my personal belief is that instance was more a lack of creativity on Tarot's part. I would assume instead of having him role play, she just gave him the hat for whatever U&U class Satau was because that was what she was more familiar with, relatively speaking.