Post by Vanice »

Has anyone made the joke yet?
.....no? Ok
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
trekkie

Re: 2019/03/20 - Make Like Your Name

Post by trekkie »

And the GrapeNut teasing continues. I imagine that, after the events in Imaginate Too, Grape told Maxwell about her relationship with Peanut, but Max may not have realized how deep Peanut and Grape’s feelings for each other truly are.
Last edited by trekkie on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
dakaggo

Post by dakaggo »

I think Max may be open to a third person in their relationship :p

It would be interesting to see a poly relationship represented (or at least attempted).
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Unlike Tarot and Peanut, Grape and Max do have some chemistry, so whatever the outcome here, whether or not Peanut breaks up with Tarot, whether or not Grape hooks up with Peanut, I think it's safe to say Grape and Max will stay together.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Champion Wallace wrote:Max is watching two sibling make out in front of him, that must be awkward.
Hi! Please don't be creepy. Grape and Peanut definitely aren't biological siblings, they're more like long-term friends who live in the same house. Don't try to pull an incest card.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:As CourageYES"
This color is kinda hard to discern against the background. Please don't use it. Also, if you want to role play, there's a separate section for that.
leinglo wrote:
AgentJX7 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:On a different subject, who's name are they making like?
Now this is something that interests me. I can't figure it out, unless it's just a reference to Peanut's line in panel 2.
My best guess is that they're making a PB&J sandwich right now.
Yes, a Peanut Butter & Grape Jelly Sandwich

Personally, while I don't think a polyamorous relationship is a foregone conclusion, I wouldn't be opposed to things going that route.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love it when Rick keeps escalating :D Makes it so fun to read
Argent

Post by Argent »

bravelove wrote:I think that everything here could probably be solved with polyamory, the true answer to most will they wont they's
With Tarot to manage the scheduling the biggest problem with poly relationships is solved.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Shadycat

Post by Shadycat »

I'm just here for ever'body getting Grapenuts trolled.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Argent wrote:
bravelove wrote:I think that everything here could probably be solved with polyamory, the true answer to most will they wont they's
With Tarot to manage the scheduling the biggest problem with poly relationships is solved.
If it does somehow go down that route, the only question I would ask is if anyone would complain about the Grape and Max kittens? Probably not.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Ladies and gentlemen, we have liftoff.
Promidience

Post by Promidience »

If peanut isn't sneaking a kiss in here at some time and do something to make Grape blush again will we ever see another greater time? Peanut live up to your breed and let her say "You dog!"
*chants*
Grapenut
Grapenut
Grapenut
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I just had a thought...what if Grape becomes a little bit too mushy for Peanut's taste (since he has a girlfriend and maybe doesn't see Grape as a love interest anymore), but doesn't say anything but we still somehow see it and Tarot realises it and begins to tell Grape off or something?
Maybe then Peanut will also help Tarot becoming more relaxed for real and this will help in their relationship.

Just a random thought.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Hearts are flyin’ out there!

Personally, I kinda wanna see Max kiss Tarot, just because. X3
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You know, Doug, that's an interesting thought - we've never seen Tarot and Maxwell interact much despite double dates and all. They seem pretty opposite sorts - she's austere and hyper-analytical, he's impulsive and hedonistic.

Meanwhile, I'm just going to enjoy the rekindling of the passionate friendship that began it all.... ;)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

It seems in the last panel Tarot admits that she and Peanut don't have chemistry together. I'm starting to wonder if Rick is setting up Peanut and Tarot to take a break but only for Peanut to find someone just like him to date.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Rick really knows how to make the HP community go completely crazy. XD
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

All I have to say is that I see more chemistry between those two then I ever did between Peanut/Tarot and Max/Grape but I'm still not a Grapenut shipper.

That being said, two pets that basically grew up together acting like that does kind of make me feel uncomfortable. :?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

While I think some polyamory would be a great solution and make basically everyone in the fandom happy. I seriously doubt it will go that direction. I did have this thought last night that perhaps Rick is setting up for Max and Tarot to start dating which honestly would be an interesting couple.
SeanWolf wrote:It seems in the last panel Tarot admits that she and Peanut don't have chemistry together. I'm starting to wonder if Rick is setting up Peanut and Tarot to take a break but only for Peanut to find someone just like him to date.
I have to admit that is very interesting, not something that gets admitted in a relationship (especially in fiction) and it continues on afterward. To me, that is tantamount to admitting the relationship needs to end. I personally kind of torn between a few ideas of where this arc is going at this point, but I think after that line it's pretty clear that Peanut and Tarot are very likely done as a couple.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

While I’d be okay with Peanut and Tarot breaking up, as it kinda seems like the romance is gone from their relationship, Max has been through too much to have his heart broken by Grape breaking up with him. I would however, accept Peanut, Grape, and Max being in some sort of polyamrous relationship, where they all get to share the love.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm not too concerned about Maxwell. Grape's got a big heart, and Maxie's top cat as long as Res isn't around (maybe even when he is). If not, there are plenty of Bigglesworths around, Max.
Maybe Tarot will get a Chemistry set for her birthday from Peanut.
"I get to be meeee, I get to be Meeee" warbles Peanut at the next open mike Yarn Ball (Do they still hold the yarn ball dances at BGardens?)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Luckily for Max, he's at the spa - cold showers everywhere :3
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Dissension wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:Max is watching two sibling make out in front of him, that must be awkward.
Hi! Please don't be creepy. Grape and Peanut definitely aren't biological siblings, they're more like long-term friends who live in the same house. Don't try to pull an incest card
Sorry Diss, but pulling the no chromo card doesn’t work in anime/manga, so it’s kinda hard not to see that angle with Grape and Peanut, even if they themselves don’t think of each other as siblings, they both have the last name sandwich
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Dissension wrote:
Hi! Please don't be creepy. Grape and Peanut definitely aren't biological siblings, they're more like long-term friends who live in the same house. Don't try to pull an incest card
Sorry Diss, but pulling the no chromo card doesn’t work in anime/manga, so it’s kinda hard not to see that angle with Grape and Peanut, even if they themselves don’t think of each other as siblings, they both have the last name sandwich
Then may I direct you to Buster and Babs Bunny.

No relation.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

This entire arc has been an emotional roller coaster. We had Fox dealing with his emotions, Max talking about his Rufus connection and now this which probably has something close to ten years worth of build up or so. I can honestly say I have no utter clue where we're going but we sure as sweet tooth can't turn back now.

Betting on grapenut confirmation.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Not to sound like a broken record, but if this arc does end up leading to the denial of Grapenut (Sorry, I just don't buy tickets to that ship) and Tarot breaking up with Peanut as she realized she just couldn't be a girlfriend, I again wonder if Rick has plans to introduce someone similar to Peanut that is more compatible...
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh! :o Grapenut never dies. :D I agree with you, Max, but the circumstances make me think that there's still a lot to do to really know better each other... :roll: Eheh, poor cute blushing Max. There it's where he's "understanding" his jealousy. :P Grape surely knows how to seduce (and also when do troll seduction, when needed :P)... ;) Ehm, Tarot, now would be enough copy what are you seeing from Grape, no? Chemical stuff would come later. :P Anyway, your comic idea is a bit creepy, Peanut, don't you think? ;)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like this. :O
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

I think Max is blushing because they're "roleplaying" and Grape is acting very coquettish/friendly. Watching a pretty girl get all snuggly is blush-worthy, I think.

I think his jealousy (and Tarot's unhappiness) would be much more likely to spring up if Peanut and Grape weren't "roleplaying" anymore.

Of course, another issue is that I don't know how snuggly Max and Grape tend to get, so this might be excalating things beyond where Max typically gets to go with Grape and he will go from blushy to uncomfortable/sad/angry/jealous/dejected or just be like ME NEXT or WHY DON'T WE DO THAT?

Or the moment will get totally ruined when Peanut slips up on Grape's name BECAUSE SHE'S TAROT NOW DUH. Or the next comic will be Tarot/Max on the couch looking increasingly uncomfortable/sad, then disappearing, which then has them break out of it in panel 4 with "Hey, where did they go?" Or one of them will leave while the other will keep sitting there, oblivious to the fact that the other left - Tarot sitting there complaining obliviously while Max leaves broken-heartedly, or Tarot feeling that Peanut isn't actually into her and leaving while Max's blush just keeps intensifying.

That being said, Max feels unworthy and so him getting too upset would pretty much mean him losing what he *has*, however flawed, which might be part of why Max doesn't really complain too much about this stuff - he feels on some level like if he did express dissatisfaction with Grape's behavior he might lose her.

I also don't see this as being polyamorous; there's no actual chemistry between Max and Peanut, and so it would just be Grape-centric. And Peanut at least always seemed to feel like Grape dating Max meant that she couldn't date him, suggesting that he sees relationships as exclusive. Just because he's attracted to Grape and would do things with her doesn't mean he'd want to have a relationship with her where she had multiple boyfriends. On the other hand, Peanut is kind of... Peanut, and prone to just arbitrarily accepting things (like a girlfriend) so...
pulling the no chromo card
Incidentally, this made me laugh.
Pumkin6

Post by Pumkin6 »

SeanWolf wrote:Not to sound like a broken record, but if this arc does end up leading to the denial of Grapenut (Sorry, I just don't buy tickets to that ship) and Tarot breaking up with Peanut as she realized she just couldn't be a girlfriend, I again wonder if Rick has plans to introduce someone similar to Peanut that is more compatible...
I'd be totally on board with this. Especially with how good Rick is at introducing new characters.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Peanut and Daisy? ;)
Niara

Post by Niara »

There have been some comments about the continual reluctance to show 'mushiness' on sceen with peanut and grape, as compared to showing certain degrees of that with other relationships... So I wanted to comment for your consideration:

It's not so much any particular relationship, possible, but it may specifically be Peanut himself. There's been no question about it that Peanut has 'mushy' feelings and desires, but he is *never* depicted showing them directly, even to the point where any scenes we have had involving someone acting affectionate with him, the moment is always shown just before Peanut has a chance to respond, and is in a fairly neutral happy state.

What if the issue is simply that, by virtue of Peanut's character, it's harder for Rick to actively draw peanut in a mushy situation, in a way that feels like it fits his character? The reason that we get off-screen teases like this may simply be because it's harder to depict Peanut kissing back or being physically affectionate in a way that feels like it fits him, even though it's been noted that he has those kinds of feelings and an interest in acting on them?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He probably does have an interest, but I don't think he knows how to express himself with that sort of affection.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

It could be that he has no real interest in open displays of affection and instead finds intimacy simply by playing and interacting with his significant other socially with a small bit of cuddles (sleeping with his arm around them) that we've seen with both Tarot and Grape.
SeanWolf wrote:Not to sound like a broken record, but if this arc does end up leading to the denial of Grapenut (Sorry, I just don't buy tickets to that ship) and Tarot breaking up with Peanut as she realized she just couldn't be a girlfriend, I again wonder if Rick has plans to introduce someone similar to Peanut that is more compatible...
I've said it enough times too that it's not going to happen. Among other reasons I don't think Grape is the kind of girl to dump Max for Peanut like that even if she did have feelings for him. Again we've been down this road. That would break Max and if she's going to do that then it would be for am entirely different reason (and not just because of Res even though that would be ideal). The polyamorous relationship is not going to happen. One Max and Peanut don't even work together and even if Grape for whatever reason decided to date both of them non-exclusively, Max would would have a fit. He's barely keeping it together with Grape's crushes. Tarot is still gone no matter what so this isn't even about her anymore.

As much as I do love new characters, I can't really see someone that would be a good fit for Peanut. What would that look like? I wonder if Tarot has been his girlfriend for this long because Rick thought the same thing. Who could possibly date Peanut (besides Grape)?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut and Max work together! just not all the time. :3

Tarot and Max don't come across to me as the type that would date each other. On the other hand, if Grape and Peanut are giving Tarot and Max a good lesson, then it's possible they might adapt the same policy in order to better learn how to date Peanut and Grape as well. Max learns, amusingly, to be more like Peanut in order to get better snuggles. While Tarot learns to be more like Grape and learns to be better at being more involved and protective of Peanut.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

GameCobra wrote:Peanut and Max work together! just not all the time. :3
It'a actually interesting when you think about it. They don't actually have a real relationship with one another. Grape is their only connection. Whenever they are together Grape is the go between. They've never had bro time. Without Grape they would never hang out together or be friends.
AgentJX7

Post by AgentJX7 »

fenrirblack wrote:
It'a actually interesting when you think about it. They don't actually have a real relationship with one another. Grape is their only connection. Whenever they are together Grape is the go between. They've never had bro time. Without Grape they would never hang out together or be friends.
I, for one, really want the two of them to hang out more and bond over things. It seems like they'd be really good together.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Oddly enough, despite having the more social looking personality, I can think of only one meaningful relationship Peanut has formed that isn’t through grape or tarot, and that’s with Joey. It’s an odd trait to notice when you consider Peanut generally does like everyone
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Liking someone isn't the same as being close to someone.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Oddly enough, despite having the more social looking personality, I can think of only one meaningful relationship Peanut has formed that isn’t through grape or tarot, and that’s with Joey. It’s an odd trait to notice when you consider Peanut generally does like everyone
The good ol dogs club rejected him at the beginning and even though he was apart of it he never really was part of it. Then Peanut stopped going and the entire concept just dried up after Fox and Fido left. Joey is Peanuts other friend but their relationship is strange and more professional. Joey has his group. It is sad to see everyone in their clicks. The SPHERES!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I mean, people really are like that.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.