2018/12/24 - Last Exit

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/12/24 - Last Exit

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/12/24 - Last Exit]
Title Text: and to think Fox used to be the king of things happening off-panel

Well...just so we're clear.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Re: 2018/12/24 - Last Exit

Post by fenrirblack »

Oh SNAP, things got real. Like really real.

Poor Fox, I think I could hear his heart break through my computer screen.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Hands down. Kevin is the best boyfriend in the HP universe.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

I can related to Fox here; I know that feeling of having many friends and acquaintances but not having anyone to be close with, and it's a very lonely feeling sometimes. :cry:

I do hope by the end of this arc Fox can finally have the relationship he wants; whether it's with one of the established characters, someone new, or Mungo even. I just want that husky to be happy gosh darn it.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Yeah With A certain Girl Cat HINT HINT"
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Well darn, it looks like Kevin is actually the perfect boyfriend for Sasha.

Too bad that kinda hammers home the lonely sads for Fox, even if this was the healthiest outcome for him in the long run.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Poor Fox.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Wow the stuff Kevin said are really good points. He really is perfect for Sasha.

Also don't worry Fox. Like Sasha said, you'll find that special someone one day.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Things, for Fox, aren't going well
as we see the best Kevin (without a Kell);
as truths are revealed in the shower
showing the tackler has the power.
For once the guy has gotten serious,
coming off well, kind of imperious
as he details all he does for his girl;
knocking our good boy Fox into a whirl.
Sasha has more trust in him than he does,
knowing he has the strength to make hearts buzz.
He's admitted the truth to himself now...
he'd never break these two up anyhow.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The song "Last Christmas" seems to come to mind.

OMG, Kevin is actually confident. Someone besides Mungo knows what they're doing on the force. Kevin has seriously been holding out on us. Here I thought this was going to be about Fox's character development and low and behold Kevin's just shot through the roof.

Anyone else curious about what Kevin's place is like? Pets like him who we've never seen an owner. I kinda imagine him having his own apartment somewhere.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Well this was depressing yet somewhat satisfying. Fox finally realized he has to move on. Where to next though?

Also at this rate, every K9 is gonna get an opportunity to give Fox a stern speech, even Kevin apparently!

I had a feeling that Kevin would be letting Sasha stay over every once in a while, but he's really going out of his way to make sure Sasha's dad never does anything bad to her ever again. At first glance Kevin does seem rather shallow but, this is some really good and well needed character development for him. He may be vain, and rather slow; but he is also caring, motivated and surprisingly insightful. Let's go, Kevin.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

Smart move, running away from Fox.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wow, i'm highly impressed how far Kevin is going for Sasha. <3

Poor Fox, though. It was bad to continue pinning for her at this point, but hopefully he'll find someone that's available. Probably Natalie.

Now i'm wondering where the arc goes from here more? Does Fox find someone or not? :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

This may be bad for Fox, but the option to make out with Sasha non-exclusively is still on the table. We get more evidence on Sasha's daddy, but what would happen is she was successfully emancipated? It's Bailey's problem all over again. Kicking her out on the street or forcing her to get a human job with the ECP aren't optimal, but it's not like they can force a human to love and take care of her. I wonder how many of the "boyfriend things" Bino did for Sasha, but it all happened off-screen so people continued to think Bino was terrible. Did Fox wait till they were out of earshot before speaking in the last panel? In All the King’s Men, part 3 when talking about the K-9s, Fox said:
Two_Twig wrote:You'd be amazed by how well some of them can hear from far away, even through walls and stuff; but they're trained for that sort of thing so, yeah.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Tappy Too wrote:Where to next though?
Well Fox and Fido still haven't made amends yet, so there's that.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Champion Wallace wrote:This may be bad for Fox, but the option to make out with Sasha non-exclusively is still on the table. We get more evidence on Sasha's daddy, but what would happen is she was successfully emancipated? It's Bailey's problem all over again. Kicking her out on the street or forcing her to get a human job with the ECP aren't optimal, but it's not like they can force a human to love and take care of her. I wonder how many of the "boyfriend things" Bino did for Sasha, but it all happened off-screen so people continued to think Bino was terrible. Did Fox wait till they were out of earshot before speaking in the last panel? In All the King’s Men, part 3 when talking about the K-9s, Fox said:
Two_Twig wrote:You'd be amazed by how well some of them can hear from far away, even through walls and stuff; but they're trained for that sort of thing so, yeah.
The option may still be on the table, They did seem to calm down quick when he backed down, but I think he realizes that probably wouldn't be healthy for him anyway. If Kevin is working to get her emancipated from Mr. Hartford, he must have a plan for where to place her afterward, even if it's just moving in with him.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I am absolutely here for Kevin character development.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Anyone else curious about what Kevin's place is like? Pets like him who we've never seen an owner. I kinda imagine him having his own apartment somewhere.
Wait, what do you mean? Just because we've never seen his owner doesn't mean he doesn't have one or hasn't seen anyone else's. Besides, even if other K-9s don't have owners (which I doubt), we know Kevin has an owner with the last name of Beauregard because Kevin's last name is Beauregard. Are you perhaps mixing up the fact he never knew his biological mother with him not having a human owner?
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Gah! Such bittersweet conclusions. It’s nice hearing that Kevin is doing all that work for Sasha, not only are they not ignoring how Sasha’s owner has been treating her, I think it was said above, it’s such a nice element that really gives him a bit more depth... though Rick, you’re killing me with Fox, he’s even lonelier than I originally thought. Where’d all the shipping with Natalie come from by the way? I’d see more chances of Kix getting with Fox, as at least Rick could make a few jokes about the Fox falling for a vixen, and I literally can’t even recall which dog Natalie is
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Saturn381 wrote:Well Fox and Fido still haven't made amends yet, so there's that.
I'm not sure that there are any lingering issues between that necessarily need amends.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Kevin certainly put things into perspective for Fox, but I'm sure it took Kevin a good deal of time to get acquainted with Sasha's situation and take action. So while Fox would have had to start fresh if he ended up becoming her boyfriend at this point, I wouldn't necessarily say he couldn't handle these other things that came with the job. Still, Kevin is probably best for her because he's already paved the road towards helping her, so no need to go through the trouble again for her.

But to be honest, ever since the page where Sasha pulled Fox in for some making out just felt off. Maybe it's just me not fully understanding the non-commital benefits that these "housepets" can have (like Fox I guess), but I just found this as a sort of fling where Sasha takes what she wants one moment and then tosses it the next. Well, not do much "tossing", but Fox might see this as Sasha playing with his heart. He's already had to deal with various hardships in the past. Will life stop being cruel to Fox?
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Things, for Fox, aren't going well
Oh, very good. Very good indeed.

Seriously, you come up with these fine poems, every single time, at six o'clock in the morning?? Now that's creativity.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

anhedral wrote:

Seriously, you come up with these fine poems, every single time, at six o'clock in the morning?? Now that's creativity.
Not to mention Welsh comes up with these poems, every single page, in the dead of night, usually within an hour or so (sometimes less) after Rick posts it.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Anyone else curious about what Kevin's place is like? Pets like him who we've never seen an owner. I kinda imagine him having his own apartment somewhere.
Wait, what do you mean? Just because we've never seen his owner doesn't mean he doesn't have one or hasn't seen anyone else's. Besides, even if other K-9s don't have owners (which I doubt), we know Kevin has an owner with the last name of Beauregard because Kevin's last name is Beauregard. Are you perhaps mixing up the fact he never knew his biological mother with him not having a human owner?
I never said he didn’t have an owner, I just said I “imagine” him living alone in some bachelor pad somewhere. I’m sure he does have an owner who we’ve never seen or heard of.
GameCobra wrote:Wow, i'm highly impressed how far Kevin is going for Sasha. <3

Poor Fox, though. It was bad to continue pinning for her at this point, but hopefully he'll find someone that's available. Probably Natalie.

Now i'm wondering where the arc goes from here more? Does Fox find someone or not? :(
Natalie? They have zero in common. She’s a loose cannon with serious anger problems and a sharp tongue (sharper claws) and Fox is laid back and collected. Those two are about as compatible as Bakugo’s parents. As far as where the arc goes, that’s a good question. This arc was about Fox and Mungo. Fox is probably not going to find someone at the spa (maybe but it would be cliche) and Mungo is wrapping up the actual job. So unless we go find out what Fido and/or Ralph are up too this chapter should end by New Years.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Discostew wrote:Kevin certainly put things into perspective for Fox, but I'm sure it took Kevin a good deal of time to get acquainted with Sasha's situation and take action. So while Fox would have had to start fresh if he ended up becoming her boyfriend at this point, I wouldn't necessarily say he couldn't handle these other things that came with the job. Still, Kevin is probably best for her because he's already paved the road towards helping her, so no need to go through the trouble again for her.

But to be honest, ever since the page where Sasha pulled Fox in for some making out just felt off. Maybe it's just me not fully understanding the non-commital benefits that these "housepets" can have (like Fox I guess), but I just found this as a sort of fling where Sasha takes what she wants one moment and then tosses it the next. Well, not do much "tossing", but Fox might see this as Sasha playing with his heart. He's already had to deal with various hardships in the past. Will life stop being cruel to Fox?
Yeah not only did that feel a bit odd, but it’s a little odd that Rick wrote Fox to be in the wrong here. Even if I did like some of the stuff on this page, and Fox really needed a talk to make sure he realized what he would want out of a relationship, Sasha getting out of what she did with no clear explanation for why she did it... it doesn’t feel like that was right. I think Sasha may be an oddball as aside from maybe Grape, I don’t think any of the pets get non-commital benefits
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

This strip? A world of empathy and heartbreak conveyed in six short panels. Way to go, Rick.

I think we're all going to feel new respect for Kevin from now on. Is this the first time that pet 'emancipation' has been mentioned explicitly? As a pet himself, does Kevin have the authority to take the initiative on that? In any case, Kevin's words suggest there is an established procedure for separating pets from abusive or neglectful human owners. What with that, and with pets (and wolves) now finding independent, gainful employment, surely we're only a short distance from full equality between pets and humans.

And Fox... oh man, I really feel for this guy. Loneliness is a terrible thing indeed, and we feel Fox's isolation here like a punch to the gut. Even his tail has lost its curl; first time we've seen that in Fox, I think.

A while ago – I don't remember exactly when or where – pets in the HP! world were likened to human children in terms of emotional maturity. That comparison never seemed quite right to me, ever since the adult Joel chose to abandon his human life to be with the dog he loves. Well, this strip dispels the notion of 'pets as children' for good. Pets – well, pets like Fox, Kevin, Bailey, Fido, Grape – they're not like children at all. Their experiences and emotions are fully, exquisitely, and painfully adult. Perhaps it's stating the obvious, but I think the richness and complexity of their lives goes a long way to explaining the enduring appeal of Rick's creation.
Last edited by anhedral on Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

I'm glad to see Kevin is such a good and caring boyfriend for Sasha, and that he's trying to emancipate her from her terrible owner :)
Now he just needs to avoid offering her boxing gloves for Christmas in the future XD

I'm also happy to see Sasha comforts him, being always the sweetheart she is :)
Also, I'm curious to see who Fox's girlfriend will end up being.

But (sorry for asking questions so often ^^) I'm not sure I understood what Fox meant by:
1) "I wanna have a long-term commitment, but this isn't that". Does he mean that he was wrong in his perception of what a long-term commitment is?
2) "Everyone does make me happy, it's just always at arm's length"
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

leinglo wrote:
anhedral wrote:

Not to mention Welsh comes up with these poems, every single page, in the dead of night, usually within an hour or so (sometimes less) after Rick posts it.
I know, right? Me, I'm usually just rubbing the sleep out of my eyes by the time Welsh has posted his epistle...
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Soerix wrote:But (sorry for asking questions so often ^^) I'm not sure I understood what Fox meant by:
1) "I wanna have a long-term commitment, but this isn't that". Does he mean that he was wrong in his perception of what a long-term commitment is?
1. Fox just announced the extent of his long-held feelings toward Sasha, and this is him acknowledging that there isn't anything realistic there for him.

2. He likes his friends, and is happy that they are happy, but he feels like he's at a distance from all of his personal relationships, observing but not directly involved.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Soerix wrote:But (sorry for asking questions so often ^^) I'm not sure I understood what Fox meant by:
1: I think Fox is just realising that what he feels for Sasha is infatuation, while what he's really looking for is something deeper and more meaningful, preferably with someone who doesn't indulge in hot smooches with just anybody on a whim.
2: The idiom 'at arm's length' is a nod to Fox's generosity of spirit. He finds it easy to see the good in people, finds it easy to forgive, to make new friends - but his outgoing nature is never rewarded with the close, loving relationship that he craves.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, I guess if Daisy can get a "reveal" that she's actually not dumb but smart, sensitive, and analytical, then so can Kevin. Fair enough. I guess. Sorry, Foxy-Bon.

Like Red Sox fans say, "Some you win. Some you get rained out. And some you flat, freezin' LOSE !!"
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Discostew wrote:Kevin certainly put things into perspective for Fox, but I'm sure it took Kevin a good deal of time to get acquainted with Sasha's situation and take action. So while Fox would have had to start fresh if he ended up becoming her boyfriend at this point, I wouldn't necessarily say he couldn't handle these other things that came with the job. Still, Kevin is probably best for her because he's already paved the road towards helping her, so no need to go through the trouble again for her.

Yeah this was what I was thinking, Fox may have not been a member of the K9 unit at the time he had a chance to ask her out, but he was aware of the abuse, and I'm sure he would have been willing to support her. I think Kevin is only he is right to assume is that Fox just wants someone to be close with Sasha despite it being years since she started dating Kevin.
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Gameb18oy wrote:

Yeah not only did that feel a bit odd, but it’s a little odd that Rick wrote Fox to be in the wrong here. Even if I did like some of the stuff on this page, and Fox really needed a talk to make sure he realized what he would want out of a relationship, Sasha getting out of what she did with no clear explanation for why she did it... it doesn’t feel like that was right. I think Sasha may be an oddball as aside from maybe Grape, I don’t think any of the pets get non-commital benefits
The animals in the Housepets verse aren't socioeconomically equal to humans because they've got psychological issues that make it harder for them to really plan ahead. Animals in the HPverse are plagued by impulsive behavior which leads them to behave very erratically and irresponsibly by human standards.

It's not like humans enslaved a bunch of furry little people; the furry little people are in the situation they're in because humans do have the power due to their greater ability to plan ahead and organize themselves and whatnot. Human society is set up to not really treat animals like people for a reason, and that's because when human norms are applied to animals, animals are... kind of psychos. They get in fights, they cheat on each other, many of them seem to be too inconsistent to hold a stable job and thus be responsible for themselves, ect.

It's been repeatedly said that no one treats pet marriages seriously, and that's likely exactly because a lot - if not most - pets are like Duchess and Sasha, not like King and Bailey.

Pets don't seem to take their romantic entanglements very seriously - Grape has Max, but she snuggles with Peanut (and recently went on a date with him), and also seems to be interested in Res. And Peanut has a girlfriend but also is mushy with Grape a lot and went on a date with her. A human behaving that erratically would be weird, but the pets take that behavior in stride.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

GameCobra wrote:Wow, i'm highly impressed how far Kevin is going for Sasha. <3

To be fair, Sasha was the one chasing his tail. She was kinda leading him on. They just had completely different ideas of what they wanted.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Titanium Dragon wrote:The animals in the Housepets verse aren't socioeconomically equal to humans because they've got psychological issues that make it harder for them to really plan ahead. Animals in the HPverse are plagued by impulsive behavior which leads them to behave very erratically and irresponsibly by human standards.

It's not like humans enslaved a bunch of furry little people; the furry little people are in the situation they're in because humans do have the power due to their greater ability to plan ahead and organize themselves and whatnot. Human society is set up to not really treat animals like people for a reason, and that's because when human norms are applied to animals, animals are... kind of psychos. They get in fights, they cheat on each other, many of them seem to be too inconsistent to hold a stable job and thus be responsible for themselves, ect.

It's been repeatedly said that no one treats pet marriages seriously, and that's likely exactly because a lot - if not most - pets are like Duchess and Sasha, not like King and Bailey.

Pets don't seem to take their romantic entanglements very seriously - Grape has Max, but she snuggles with Peanut (and recently went on a date with him), and also seems to be interested in Res. And Peanut has a girlfriend but also is mushy with Grape a lot and went on a date with her. A human behaving that erratically would be weird, but the pets take that behavior in stride.
Very interesting. Agreed, many of the pets are impulsive, and perhaps will end up being held back because of this. But they're also a very mixed bag of individuals, some of whom show plenty of mature traits. You can't write a string of bestselling novels (Res), learn to be an accomplished artist (Joey) or become literate enough to read Tolstoy (Fox) without the ability to plan and concentrate for extended periods. Fox's decision to join the K9 unit was planned, and he had the dedication to see his training through; he even won awards for his accomplishments. Sargeant Ralph seems plenty capable of taking on a more senior role in the police force. Miles became a qualified teacher, and is now trusted to keep his wolvish impulses in check – sufficient, in fact, to be allowed in a classroom full of human kids. For these animals at least, their inferior status seems to be less about their temperaments and abilities, and more a commentary on human prejudice.

Pet romance seems to be equally diverse. Some, as you say, are fickle; perhaps polyamory is just more frequent and accepted in the HP! world? But for every non-exclusive pairing we can find a more long-term, 'traditional' relationship. Fido and Sasha. The adorable roos. Miles and Lucretia. (OK, the wolves are not technically pets, but the vibe between them is still one of exclusivity and devotion.)

Taken all together, the pet-human dynamic as it presently stands feels unstable. Some humans mistreat their pets (Sasha); some pets feel obliged to present themselves as unintelligent because that's what humans expect them to be (Daisy). Meanwhile, Itsuki is already a full citizen in his native country, while Jata is a head of state (just not a very admirable one.) How long before that Equal Chance program really starts to gain some traction? How long before others pets glance across at King and Bailey and start to demand that pet marriages should be taken seriously?

All things change, and attitudes move on. In most of the UK, for instance, gay marriage was only legalized in 2013/14, and at the time was quite controversial. Now it's so normalized across the broad swathe of society that few folk even bother to mention or discuss it any more. One of the things that I love about the HP! world is that humans do not have exclusive claim to intelligence or creativity. Surely that society would be infinitely richer if its human component let the evolved animals play their full and deserved part.
Last edited by anhedral on Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

anhedral wrote:
Titanium Dragon wrote:The animals in the Housepets verse aren't socioeconomically equal to humans because they've got psychological issues that make it harder for them to really plan ahead. Animals in the HPverse are plagued by impulsive behavior which leads them to behave very erratically and irresponsibly by human standards.

Very interesting. Agreed, many of the pets are impulsive, and perhaps will end up being held back because of this. But they're also a very mixed bag of individuals, some of whom show plenty of mature traits. You can't write a string of bestselling novels (Res), learn to be an accomplished artist (Joey) or become literate enough to read Tolstoy (Fox) without the ability to plan and concentrate for extended periods. Fox's decision to join the K9 unit was planned, and he had the dedication to see his training through; he even won awards for his accomplishments. Sargeant Ralph seems plenty capable of taking on a more senior role in the police force. Miles became a qualified teacher, and is now trusted to keep his wolvish impulses in check – sufficient, in fact, to be allowed in a classroom full of human kids. For these animals at least, their inferior status seems to be less about their temperaments and abilities, and more a commentary on human prejudice.

Pet romance seems to be equally diverse. Some, as you say, are fickle; perhaps polyamory is just more frequent and accepted in the HP! world? But for every non-exclusive pairing we can find a more long-term, 'traditional' relationship. Fido and Sabrina. The adorable roos. Miles and Lucretia. (OK, the wolves are not technically pets, but the vibe between them is still one of exclusivity and devotion.)

Taken all together, the pet-human dynamic as it presently stands feels unstable. Some humans mistreat their pets (Sasha); some pets feel obliged to appear unintelligent because that's what humans expect of them (Daisy). Meanwhile, Itsuki is already a full citizen in his native country, while Jata is a head of state (just not a very admirable one.) How long before that Equal Chance program really starts to gain some traction? How long before others pets glance across at King and Bailey and start to demand that pet marriages should be taken seriously?

All things change, and attitudes move on. In most of the UK, for instance, gay marriage was only legalized in 2013/14, and at the time was quite controversial. Now it's so normalized across the broad swathe of society that few folk even bother to mention it any more. One of the things that I love about the HP! world is that humans do not have exclusive claim to intelligence or creativity. Surely that society would be infinitely richer if its human component let the evolved animals play their full and deserved part.
That's True.

Also, fixed a mistake in your Comment.
fenrirblack wrote:Natalie? They have zero in common. She’s a loose cannon with serious anger problems and a sharp tongue (sharper claws) and Fox is laid back and collected. Those two are about as compatible as Bakugo’s parents. As far as where the arc goes, that’s a good question. This arc was about Fox and Mungo. Fox is probably not going to find someone at the spa (maybe but it would be cliche) and Mungo is wrapping up the actual job. So unless we go find out what Fido and/or Ralph are up too this chapter should end by New Years.
Uhhhh, Bakugou's parents aren't that Bad. Sure, the Mother Swears a lot, but they aren't arguing or starting fights for no reason, unlike some families, like say, mine. After all, Katsuki's Mother is friends with Inko Midoriya, you know, One of the sweetest characters in BNHA. She wouldn't be friends with her if she was Bad news.

And at This point, Fox's options without Natalie are, 1.) Daisy, who we know is intelligent and has been faking being Dumb, with the problem already given in a previous discussion, 2.) The Twin Angels, and we don't know if they are willing to commit, which will make things worse for Fox if they don't, and 3.) That Wild Single Vixen, whom Fox hasn't even met, and how do we know she hasn't found another mate, or even, if she wants another male mate?

A lot of the other "Options" are either Bad news, are already taken, or have not had a Big enough role to be of actual help to Fox.

And on the Subject of BNHA, I just got an idea based on a Hilarious Fan comic.
Wolf-Dog Pup:*Struggling to open a Snack tin. <BLEEP>ing, <HONK>y Lid!!!

Fox: *Looking up from his newspaper, a habit he picked up from King.* Where did he get that from, I Wonder... *Turns to Natalie.*

Natalie: *Gives her Husband/Mate a flat look* The <POOTIS>ing Fridge.
Also, Natalie probably has those issues, because she has a lot of Repressed Emotions, which are most notable when Tarot yanks the Bouquet thrown by Bailey. It's clear she wants a nice male to be with, and the last few she met, One was in a secret relationship with a Cat (Fido), the other was a Time-misplaced Canine who, as we see in 5000 BC, already has a mate (Satau).

The other One, Mungo, is probably creeped out by her, is Married to the Job, or already has a Girlfriend, knowing her luck So far.

She's like a Female version of Fox, now that I think about it, only Difference is, she hasn't had the luck to meet Someone like King to help her change, and is basically a much more closed-in version of Fox pre-leaving of GODC.

I mean, remember at the End of the Camping Arc, when Natalie was shown to have a Job, Miles gave a funny use of words:
Miles: "It lets her vent"
Now, Why would Natalie need to Vent? Simple, she has been bottling up her emotions most of the time. I mean, she's always acted quite aloof half the time, as if detached, which is a method of Bottling up.

The few times we saw her loose any aloofness, was during Even more Secrets:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... e-secrets/

Year Five Epilogue:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -epilogue/

And Employment Opportunities:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... rtunities/

Every other time, she has a flat, detached expression. Those times she showed emotions? It was due to Shock, or anger.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Ooo! This is a good one! So nice to get a plot nod to Sasha's situation. Seems like Kevin was the one to finally get Sasha to agree that "daddy" doesn't deserve her. Good on ya!

I agree that there isn't a problem with what Sasha did as long as Kevin is aware and okay with it (which he seems to be). Can't always push our expectations on others ;)

The nuanced take on Fox's emotional situation is really nice to see. I really feel for him even as I agree that he's absolutely correct :(

Just a lot of goodness wrapped up in this strip =3
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

much as i feel sorry for fox, this is pretty much the only outcome of her pulling him into the shower that doesn't end worse, so atleast there's that.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

leinglo wrote:
anhedral wrote:

Much thanks to the two of you.

I've always been inspired by genius.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Fox, comes looking for Keene, finds growth and self awareness.