2018/12/17 - Dramatic Reveal

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/12/17 - Dramatic Reveal

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/12/17 - Dramatic Reveal]
Title Text: "why do they have high dives at a hot spring" listen, i don't tell you how to relax

Oh my, he's not afraid to show his neck. :P
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/12/17 - Dramatic Reveal

Post by Saturn381 »

So he was doing the high dive all along.
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

This hot spring has a bad case of being "bigger on the inside" :lol:
Last edited by bjchan95 on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

'I don't get these Pets'...

Oh? And you're not one yourself, Mungo? Now hurry up and strip off those Robes already!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Okay, this one went over my head. “I don’t get these pets.” I don’t get this strip.
I would say something else about the obvious fake out but I can’t because you know ...rules
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

That is a pretty big trailer
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Oh, Rick is likely enjoying that trolling title for this one. Despite this, do like the comic for today, wondered what was under that towel for awhile now :lol: but seriously, this actually makes it clear Rick knows people are curious about the fallout from that kiss, which tells me he’s thought it over at least a little, so that’s good to know... do hope he’s not gonna make us wait as long as he is for the reveal on what happened between Rufus and Max
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

bjchan95 wrote:This hot spring has a bad case of being "bigger on the inside"
Or just, ya know, being a cartoon ;)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

I thought we left magic and the supernatural behind, but I'm pretty sure this spa trailer has a pocket dimension inside it for all this stuff.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Keene, what are you going to do with the towel now? It's not like you could go off the board with it and leaving it up there isn't optimal either. Is it Mungo saying he doesn't understand Keene? There isn't anyone else tagged, but then again no neighborhood pets are tagged for the clapping and there is the shadowy figure already in the water.
bjchan95 wrote:This hot spring has a bad case of being "bigger on the inside" :lol:
Yea, no kidding. Before this each individual scene had plausible deniability as to whether it was too big, but in the only shot we got of the outside, one thing discernible was that it was only one or two stories tall. Even if everything in that room is ferret sized, there's still the stairs Mungo climbed contributing to the hight.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

I looked back and saw that it was visible a couple of comics ago, but I just now noticed that the robe has a cutout for Mungo's tail.

I would guess that's Breel down in the pool.

Careful Keene, I've heard that the water's "unpleasant if you go too fast." :lol:

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Keene, what are you going to do with the towel now? It's not like you could go off the board with it and leaving it up there isn't optimal either. Is it Mungo saying he doesn't understand Keene? There isn't anyone else tagged, but then again no neighborhood pets are tagged for the clapping and there is the shadowy figure already in the water..
That is seriously annoying and out of character for Rick. He always tells us whose in the scene even if it’s just the voices. It’s even hard to tell if there’s one or two figures in the pool. If turns out that it’s nobody and Keene’s alone, then why bother with the shapes at all.
Gameb18oy wrote:Oh, Rick is likely enjoying that trolling title for this one. Despite this, do like the comic for today, wondered what was under that towel for awhile now :lol: but seriously, this actually makes it clear Rick knows people are curious about the fallout from that kiss, which tells me he’s thought it over at least a little, so that’s good to know... do hope he’s not gonna make us wait as long as he is for the reveal on what happened between Rufus and Max
If history is any indication we should hopefully find out Friday. The story might split between these two threads. Fox, Kevin, and Sasha as one with Mungo, Keene, and lets be honest Breel as the other. Each thread will have a turn until they rejoin. So they’ll be a follow up to this one because you know how they come in twos then we’ll follow up with Fox.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

All this time he has been perfecting his high diving skills.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

are we sure this thing isn't a TARDIS?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:'I don't get these Pets'...

Oh? And you're not one yourself, Mungo? Now hurry up and strip off those Robes already!
I had the same thought (well I mean about Mungo being a pet), but now I do wonder who owns Ralph, Kevin, and Mungo.
Do they have owners or are they property of the police station?
If it's the last one it would explain why Mungo wouldn't see himself as a pet.

Or maybe with 'these pets' he just means the Milton ferrets, who are strange on their own.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

OK, something gives here;
this trailer has an upstairs.
Mungo follows the path
to see all that Keene bares.
He’s going off the deep end
and I just may mean he’s mad,
being that this here truck
is far more than a passing fad.
Leaving Fox in hot water,
Mungo has achieved the goal;
If he takes Keene out nekkid now,
Ralph may be a happy soul...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

sorry, but I don't get this one. Who is actually talking? The "bubble direction" points downwards, where the 2 other figures are. Is one of them a human? Because this person refers to "pets"? Also perspective and art today seem a bit rushed. The stairs being a bit too big in comparison to Mungo, the divingboard actually being far too back (or is the light blue also water? and why is it light blue) and yes "the bigger on the inside syndrom".

Oh well.

P.S.: fenrir: you got Mail
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Keene for the dive and Mungo for the catch. This is one opulent sauna!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Bandit1990 wrote:I looked back and saw that it was visible a couple of comics ago, but I just now noticed that the robe has a cutout for Mungo's tail.
I don't think that's a cutout hole so much as it's a hand wave for animals with clothes. Cutting out holes for tails doesn't work as well in practice as you'd think because when stuff moves around their butt would be visible part of the time. Rick Griffin avoided dealing with that for a long time by limiting the amount of time animals would be wearing pants and when it happens making sure their backside is not visible whenever possible, going as far as making Karishad's tux at the wedding black paint instead of a real tux. Back then animals in pants was as mythical as human faces. Starting around Jungle Fever with Jata, pants-wearing animals became more common and it just because a given that tails can phase through clothing.
IceKitsune wrote:All this time he has been perfecting his high diving skills.
Either that or he hasn't and is about to do a high dive belly flop.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

In the name of common decency, Keene is collarless again! My eyes! MY EYESSSS!!!
MrBlueSky7 wrote:'I don't get these Pets'...

Why is everyone so bent towards seeing bare necks, here?
bjchan95 wrote:This hot spring has a bad case of being "bigger on the inside" :lol:
Gbr23 wrote:That is a pretty big trailer
New theory: the demon that escaped hell is now disguising as the spa. Called it first!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Man, Rick is chose just the right moment for that scene cut to make us wonder what is going to happen.
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay, this one went over my head. “I don’t get these pets.” I don’t get this strip.
I would say something else about the obvious fake out but I can’t because you know ...rules
I thought it was pretty cut and dry. The two figures at the foot of the high-dive are the one's applauding Keene. Mungo is the one saying "I don't get these pets,"

That doesn't mean Mungo isn't a pet. It's more like he's saying "I don't get these quirky rich people..."

Mungo is confused by Keene's eccentricities, dramatic undressing, and seemingly masochistic tendencies (considering that Kevin screamed in pain jumping into a hot tub at a normal height, jumping from a high dive will be even worse).
Signed,
the very worst ferret butler in the world.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bandit1990 wrote:I looked back and saw that it was visible a couple of comics ago, but I just now noticed that the robe has a cutout for Mungo's tail.
Doesn't seem practical or comfortable. I'd have expected it to have a swallowtail design or just cover the tail.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mungo noticed the stairs but seems oblivious to Fox's sudden disappearance. Focus, big fella, focus, focus, focus.
Frank

Post by Frank »

So that's what the raised part in the middle was for

I do have to wonder: if Kevin cannonballs from the dive board, will it still be painful?
fenrirblack wrote:If history is any indication we should hopefully find out Friday.
Hmm... I wonder how Falstaff and Truck are doing
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I miss the dating duo, too, Frank. There've gotta be ferals around this monstrosity somewhere.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Jakkal wrote:sorry, but I don't get this one. Who is actually talking? The "bubble direction" points downwards, where the 2 other figures are. Is one of them a human? Because this person refers to "pets"? Also perspective and art today seem a bit rushed. The stairs being a bit too big in comparison to Mungo, the divingboard actually being far too back (or is the light blue also water? and why is it light blue) and yes "the bigger on the inside syndrom".

Oh well.

P.S.: fenrir: you got Mail
The light blue is the only water. The dark blue is floor that Mungo is standing on. And the speaker might be un-tagged so they can be a surprise later. I'm pretty sure the "bigger on the inside" thing is an intentional joke.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed. Usually Rick identifies a character in the story even if it's only a partial physical reveal or even just an off-stage voice. It's a tease!
Gr8fulFox

Post by Gr8fulFox »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:but now I do wonder who owns Ralph, Kevin, and Mungo. Do they have owners or are they property of the police station?
That's an interesting question; are there more families with their own story arcs that the Housepets! UI can explore, or are these dogs little more than tools; mass produced/bred, specifically for the benefit of local police departments?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Aww, was hoping Max would do something so corny x3

DRAMATIC ENTRANCE

I'm starting to think pets don't know the meaning of indecency. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

This spa has everything.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

GameCobra wrote:Aww, was hoping Max would do something so corny x3

DRAMATIC ENTRANCE

I'm starting to think pets don't know the meaning of indecency. =P
Just these pets, hence Mungo’s comment.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wouldn't diving in like that roast Keene like it roasted Kevin when he dove in?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, whatever … Keene'ud be wise to keep his eyes shut when he dives...….
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Oh so that’s why we’re seeing closed eyed Keene. Personally I just thought it was because he looked cute that way... suppose both could be correct. Hard to believe that’s the face of the main antagonist of this arc (unless that’s actually gonna end up being Sasha of all characters)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wouldn't say that he is actually the antagonist. Just that he doesn't think before he does stuff.

And then tries to throw money at the problem to fix it. Maybe Breel will be his conscious.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, there's even and high dive with a big pool. This mobile spa is really impressive. :P Seems that Keene was there also before the K9 unit entrance. I would see his dive, he must be a brave ferret. :D I wonder who's applauding him after such indecency show (surely Breel ;)), as Mungo is commenting. :P
Meanwhile, Fox shouldn't be spending a good moment with Kevin. :?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't say that he is actually the antagonist. Just that he doesn't think before he does stuff.

And then tries to throw money at the problem to fix it. Maybe Breel will be his conscious.
well considering the definition of antagonist is simply, "opposes the protagonist" it's possible to be one entirely unintentionally, and doesn't actually require a goal or defined alignment, only that they're doing something the protagonist (a role collectively held by the K9 unit currently) would oppose.

what their moral alignment might be, and whether or not they will be overcome is often assumed to be inherent to the role but are not actually requirements.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

He's an anti-villain if you want to think of it that way.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Buster wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I wouldn't say that he is actually the antagonist. Just that he doesn't think before he does stuff.

well considering the definition of antagonist is simply, "opposes the protagonist" it's possible to be one entirely unintentionally, and doesn't actually require a goal or defined alignment, only that they're doing something the protagonist (a role collectively held by the K9 unit currently) would oppose.

what their moral alignment might be, and whether or not they will be overcome is often assumed to be inherent to the role but are not actually requirements.
Thank you for bringing up the definition, that’s kinda why I brought up the idea Sasha could be the main antagonist, depends on who the focus of this arc is, the police dog’s as a whole, or Fox specifically