2018/12/14 - Alone Time

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/12/14 - Alone Time

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/12/14 - Alone Time]
Title Text: youh cah leh goh ah ahnytahm fahx

Comic updates taken moments before disaster.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/12/14 - Alone Time

Post by Saturn381 »

This is not going to end well... At all.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

what the.................. :?

attempted murder actually.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Fox just has no luck at all, does he?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

Oh dear...This ain’t gonna end well.
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, this is just not going to end well. Or heck there could be a twist where Kevin doesn't actually care perhaps. However, I feel that is very unlikely I have a feeling that Fox is going to end up with a broken muzzle.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Image + Image
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh. Oh no. This will not end well.
Also, has anyone else realized that maybe Sasha isn’t all that good of a romantic partner?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

IceKitsune wrote:Well, this is just not going to end well. Or heck there could be a twist where Kevin doesn't actually care perhaps. However, I feel that is very unlikely I have a feeling that Fox is going to end up with a broken muzzle.
I actually could see Kevin shrugging it off. "She's good at kissing eh?" or "Hey, quit hogging the fun husky." ... But I kind of doubt that's about to happen.
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

I'm more worried about Fox's other interests.

The ones that might be making a return visit at some point.

Or that Sasha might actually be someone...or someTHING...from the other side.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

It’s your own tongue you bite, Fox,
not the ladies that you’re with.
Embarrassment rises within him
as he hopes Kevin can forgive.
Sasha’s just thanking him after all,
making all his dreams come true.
If Kevin is in a mood to mind,
he’ll beat Fox black and blue.
But I sense the hardest tackler
has tried to achieve this target;
he’s tried to let Fox relax before,
it may be a mistake that he’ll regret...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I want to put the Fox is hallucinating theory back on the table. I mean maybe that colorful smoke in the last strip was some kind of gas.
If not then I have feeling that the next strip will look something like this
Attachments
Slightly_Damned_Book_5.png
Slightly_Damned_Book_5.png (126.11 KiB) Viewed 14733 times
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Duchess did point out that one time that most dogs aren't bound to monogamy.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

WARNING:
Contains:

Cuddles
Smooches
Collarlessness
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Previously, I was skeptical that this was a fanservise arc thinking the fans were just overreacting; then this happens. I'm placing my bet on Kevin not caring about exclusivity in a relationship. "To be a dog is to be with whoever is convenient at the time." Shasha's updated her pet name from Foxie-Bon~ to Foxy-Woxy. Anyone else notice in the third panel Sasha's tail is wagging but Fox's isn't? As absurd as it sounds, is there any backing to Sasha's claim that it's more hygenic to shower during swim time?
fenrirblack wrote:what the.................. :?

attempted murder actually.
She wasn't charged with murder, but for a while there she had succeeded because Keene was dead.
The cape comes with the promotion.
TicoTaco

Post by TicoTaco »

:shock: ...well this Is going somewhere. Did Kevin just ignored the fact that Fox is kissing his girlfriend?
WAKE UP AMERICA!!!
Douglas Collier

Domestic pets might not be bound to monogamy, but the wolves seem to have adopted the system.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Well that's a bit awkward.

I mean, knowing Kevin he probably wouldn't care too much, if at all but I kind of hope he does for some reason

Unpopular Opinion Time: Sasha is pretty rotten. I mean, it has been said by Duchess I think that dog relationships aren't meant to be taken seriously. They just go with whoever's convenient at the time. But most of the pets seem to care immensely about their romantic relationships.
Then we go to Sasha, who is known for dating TONS of dogs on and off according to Bino. She probably just goes off and does stuff like this and it gets rubbed off as whatever because she's "soo pretty", when she's also out here breaking hearts like it doesn't mean anything. While Bino never really showed it, it was implied that he cared for her a lot, or at least cared about having a girlfriend if not her directly and she always wanted to go after other dogs. Fido in particular.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Sasha is one of the reasons behind Bino's poor mental condition.
Then we move on to Fox who apparently hasn't stopped obsessing over her since 2013, and with her recently being so teasy to him it's probably like torture because he doesn't want to betray Kevin.
And she probably knows too. She may not be smart, but she definitely notices things like this. Sure it's entirely possible she adopted this mindset for relationships from Duchess, but she's still playing with hearts like they don't matter and that's pretty scummy.

bleh
Douglas Collier

I think it’s funny how Sasha got her tongue bit right after propositioning Fox when she’s already currently in a relationship with another dog. Instant karma. :P One at a time, Sasha! One at a time.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Well Fox’s life has officially become an action blockbuster complete with romantic subplot. I would also like to put the spa is going to explode by the end of this chapter back on the table.

Sasha aside, this is a pivotal moment in Fox’s character development. How he responds to this will forever shape his role in the series. This is a defining moment for the poor dude. Even if Sasha, who we know is known for fooling around, and Kevin, eh, are okay with this Fox might not be. Temptation is a cruel mistress.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Funny she mentions the framing for murder, I was thinking this reminded me of that.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Tappy Too wrote: Unpopular Opinion Time: Sasha is pretty rotten. I mean, it has been said by Duchess I think that dog relationships aren't meant to be taken seriously. They just go with whoever's convenient at the time. But most of the pets seem to care immensely about their romantic relationships.
Then we go to Sasha, who is known for dating TONS of dogs on and off according to Bino. She probably just goes off and does stuff like this and it gets rubbed off as whatever because she's "soo pretty", when she's also out here breaking hearts like it doesn't mean anything. While Bino never really showed it, it was implied that he cared for her a lot, or at least cared about having a girlfriend if not her directly and she always wanted to go after other dogs. Fido in particular.
I think it's pretty safe to say that Sasha is one of the reasons behind Bino's poor mental condition.
Then we move on to Fox who apparently hasn't stopped obsessing over her since 2013, and with her recently being so teasy to him it's probably like torture because he doesn't want to betray Kevin.
And she probably knows too. She may not be smart, but she definitely notices things like this. Sure it's entirely possible she adopted this mindset for relationships from Duchess, but she's still playing with hearts like they don't matter and that's pretty scummy.
I wouldn't say "rotten" or "scummy" as much as I would say "damaged." We haven't seen it in a while so it's easy to forget, but Sasha has a bit of an abusive home life with her owner.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... s-edition/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ace-to-go/
And that's not even going into that whole brainwashing thing she went through
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Wow. Hopefully this is all staged and is really just an intervention for Fox and his crush on Sasha... Who am I kidding, this probably won't end without repercussions.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Xane wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:She wasn't charged with murder, but for a while there she had succeeded because Keene was dead.
She didn't do it at all, the limo driver did it. She would have actually succeeded because she apparently has a much stronger knowledge of what to disable to make a car crash than Mr. Gland Disorder did.
I forgot about that, but still, Keene had been murdered for an indeterminate amount of time before Cerberus got everything back in order.
Douglas Collier wrote:Domestic pets might not be bound to monogamy, but the wolves seem to have adopted the system.
Well, in real life wolfs are monogamous and dogs are polygamous(according to Wikapedia).
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

leinglo wrote:Duchess did point out that one time that most dogs aren't bound to monogamy.
Considering Fox’s reaction + the fact Duchess seems unusually superficial in her introduction, while pets are allowed to have multiple significant others, I think it’s still frowned upon. I mean humans can make that work too, doesn’t mean most of us choose to though
Douglas Collier

I think it’s less about having multiple partners and more about switching partners without much trouble. Less commitment, less strings attached - while at the same time being a couple.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

When you thought the arm in the last comic was Keene's, but it just... wasn't...
Allons-y
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so remember what i said a few threads back about multiple relationships requiring a certain level of inherent trust and honesty between all parties?
this is not how you do that, cause either she kept kevin out of the loop, or kevin was aware she was going to do this and has been messing with fox... either way someone's getting hurt.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
dakaggo

Post by dakaggo »

Kevin should just sidle up behind Fox and the three of them can have some fun together :p
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I don't think neither Kevin nor Sasha will make a big deal about this, but I believe Fox will take this way to hard P=
AldyBilly

Post by AldyBilly »

This is not pg-13 anymore :lol: :lol:
Ruska

Post by Ruska »

My first thought was that Mungo would have to step in and help fox, but then I remembered he already suspected fox of trying to steal Sasha before.
Now I'm not so sure Mungo will be on Fox's side if a fight breaks out.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Flossing! We're just practicing a new technique for pre-release dental hygiene! ....... Really.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Perfect example of an "Awwwww! :)" situation turning into an "Uh-oh... :o" situation.

I wonder how Kevin will react...
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I'll be honest. I don't think Kevin cares. I don't think he was ever that serious with her.

In fact, I think he's far more likely to join them than do anything that suggests jealousy or scorn.
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

I think it’s interestinv to note that Fox is pretty much the only main character who doesn’t have a girlfriend yet
But still, this is kinda shocking :shock:
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Argent

Post by Argent »

AWWWKWARD!

Visual aid: https://imgur.com/gallery/eD9EaUV
Champion Wallace wrote:As absurd as it sounds, is there any backing to Sasha's claim that it's more hygenic to shower during swim time?
A lot of public pools REQUIRE showering before swimming, and when you think about it you want to shower afterwards.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Macsen wrote:I'll be honest. I don't think Kevin cares. I don't think he was ever that serious with her.

In fact, I think he's far more likely to join them than do anything that suggests jealousy or scorn.
I also thought that, especially after seeing this and I was also hoping for a strip, where Kevin thanks Fox for rescuing Sasha like that, I felt that is the only loose string of that story in which she was framed.

Althought now I'm still wondering how Kevin will react, did she knew Sasha was trying to date Fido when she was together with Bino?
And I think if Mungo takes a side, he would most likely just trying to stop it and want them to talk it out.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The funny thing is, i'm glad Fox got what he wanted. I also don't think Kevin minds.

However, i do suspect this is going to start a chain of something. It's Kevin and Sasha.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Macsen wrote:I'll be honest. I don't think Kevin cares. I don't think he was ever that serious with her.

I think this is gonna be a very likely scenario. I don't recall there being (if any, at all) Dogs in the HP Universe who swing both ways with Females and Males. Sasha and Kevin are likely candidates for that...