2018/10/29 - Not In A Bookstore

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/10/29 - Not In A Bookstore

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/10/29 - Not In A Bookstore]
Title Text: bored now!

I wonder how leasing works for shops that just switch in and out of reality in the same spot?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/10/29 - Not In A Bookstore

Post by Saturn381 »

Maybe it was all in their heads! :o
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Peanut is absolutely right that is just silly. :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Yeah, we’re never watching this movie are we. :roll:

Moosenebula : Starbucks. Ahh, that’s funny. (You know in Kaeryrn it’s stil called Starbucks but there’s a picture of a buck on the logo) ;)

I love how self aware they are about the crazy things that happen to them. It makes you wonder if they ever lie away at night thinking, “Why does this keep happening to me? Where did it all go wrong?” :|
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I wonder if whatever store takes its place will accept the DVD return?
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Well now Rick's just being a troll. :lol:
Frank

Post by Frank »

It has "Nebula" in the name, definitely zany interdimensional beings!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I see Grape's leash rematerialized along with the coffee shop (and more magic(k)al smoke). Is there a pun in "Moose Nebula" that I'm not seeing. This isn't even the silliest coffee shop in this town, considering there's Whoodathunkit in the mall bookstore. Anyone up for some hunted coffee?
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Pleeeeeease let us watch the movie D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

This strip made me think of this https://youtu.be/bjgK6McgpaQ

There is a part of me that wants this to be foreshadowing for something...anything but I know better than to get my hopes up.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Champion Wallace wrote:Is there a pun in "Moose Nebula" that I'm not seeing. This isn't even the silliest coffee shop in this town, considering there's Whoodathunkit in the mall bookstore. Anyone up for some hunted coffee?
Moose - Buck
Nebula - Star

It took me a second to get it, too.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

So these places are like a McDonald's, they just *boof* appear.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Normal, for Peanut, is silly,
even with teleporting shops.
You just get used to one
and then? Well, off it pops.
He’s not after a brew-
now it might tempt Grape -
as she tries the beans
and Peanut snaffles a crêpe.
Run home and try the disc
too see what’s on your fate.
Bring Max and Tarot round.
Make it a double date.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:This strip made me think of this https://youtu.be/bjgK6McgpaQ

There is a part of me that wants this to be foreshadowing for something...anything but I know better than to get my hopes up.
Fenrir, don’t take this as me being rude, but I think the joke of this comic is kinda meant to poke a little bit of fun at people that think that was all foreshadowing to something bigger.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:This strip made me think of this https://youtu.be/bjgK6McgpaQ

Fenrir, don’t take this as me being rude, but I think the joke of this comic is kinda meant to poke a little bit of fun at people that think that was all foreshadowing to something bigger.
Yeah I’m starting to get that impression. If the next strip is the last one I would not be that surprised.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

A part of me wouldn’t be surprised if the next one is the only one that does actual foreshadowing. It’s actually mildly unclear what Demon is doing now and he was one of the best additions of that really long arc, it be a shame if Rick just forgets about him/her.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

(PEANUT)
Well We Might As Go In Ready?"

Grape Takes His Hand Ready"
Last edited by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN on Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:A part of me wouldn’t be surprised if the next one is the only one that does actual foreshadowing. It’s actually mildly unclear what Demon is doing now and he was one of the best additions of that really long arc, it be a shame if Rick just forgets about him/her.
If I had to guess, based on the pattern of the last ten years, we might see it again in the last chapter of year 11 along with any other elements that form what I assume would be a longer story thread that spans the next few years. But then again who knows. Rick is unpredictable, if not for the sake of unpredictablity then just because he’s winging this entire series.

You know it would be cool if the DVD did actually lead to the introduction of some new zany interdimensional beings characters. You know for kicks and giggles. They just started hanging out and whatever being it is just started living with them. The DVD is really a doorway to another dimension and something crawls out of the TV “The Ring” style.

What if It really is foreshadowing but you think it’s not because it’s played off as a joke so to trick the reader in assuming that it’s meaningless when in reality it sets up a major development in the overall story.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Do extraterrestrial coffee shops cast a foreshadow? Maybe Moosenebulae is a cosmic cousin to Caribou Coffee...
Argent

Post by Argent »

I guess the fantasy multiverse nonsense is starting to faze him after all.

The Ambrosia Frappuccino is awesome. But Peanut would just get another root beer.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Naw, the fantasy multiverse nonsense is becoming kinda routine for our hero....
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

See, that is just the Mysterious Shop lot for Babylon Gardens. That coffee shop is the mysterious shop for the next group of Pets to come down the street. Possibly Fox and another K-9. They meet the Celestial Huskies and hilarity ensues. Unfortunately for us it happens "off camera" as we are involved in the Peanut/Grape arc. We just have to accept that other pets are having other adventures while we are watching the A storyline.

And I have to wonder if Rick is playing a Choose Your Own Adventure with us, reading the comments and seeing what the story would be like based solely on the audience suggestions.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:A part of me wouldn’t be surprised if the next one is the only one that does actual foreshadowing. It’s actually mildly unclear what Demon is doing now and he was one of the best additions of that really long arc, it be a shame if Rick just forgets about him/her.
If I had to guess, based on the pattern of the last ten years, we might see it again in the last chapter of year 11 along with any other elements that form what I assume would be a longer story thread that spans the next few years. But then again who knows. Rick is unpredictable, if not for the sake of unpredictablity then just because he’s winging this entire series.

You know it would be cool if the DVD did actually lead to the introduction of some new zany interdimensional beings characters. You know for kicks and giggles. They just started hanging out and whatever being it is just started living with them. The DVD is really a doorway to another dimension and something crawls out of the TV “The Ring” style.

What if It really is foreshadowing but you think it’s not because it’s played off as a joke so to trick the reader in assuming that it’s meaningless when in reality it sets up a major development in the overall story.
Not saying you’re wrong, but I’d prefer Rick not add more characters. While they usually are fairly decent additions (minus that one dog I dare people to name who was just in the one arc with the ghost in it) I think they often lead to less time with the main cast. I think it be a hard task to find people who disagree on Max really needing an arc in the future to develop him soon.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

What does Grape mean by "Given all the weird stuff we've been proxy to"?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Soerix wrote:What does Grape mean by "Given all the weird stuff we've been proxy to"?
Do you want me to focus solely on the stuff related to the celestials, or would you prefer I also add in stuff like the water gun war between cats and dogs as well?
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Naw, the fantasy multiverse nonsense is becoming kinda routine for our hero....
In this strip it's clearly fazing him.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Naw, the fantasy multiverse nonsense is becoming kinda routine for our hero....
In this strip it's clearly fazing him.
Nah, Coffee shops bore him is all. He WAS getting a bit excited.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Nebulas are exploded stars and moose are bigger than bucks - by this logic, Moosenebula transcends Starbucks. Way to go, Rick!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Gameb18oy wrote: (minus that one dog I dare people to name who was just in the one arc with the ghost in it)
You mean Terrance? I liked him, I wouldn't be upset if he showed up again.
I did recently compile a list of all the named characters in the comic

Man, those coffee shops will just pop up in any open space, won't they? :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I still feel like they should be concerned by the fact that a random coffee shop just popped up out of nowhere. When things just materialize into existence, its usually a bad thing. What’s to stop that shop from being the harbinger of alien invaders?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Terrance was at King's wedding. So he's probably over having a motorboat materialize out of nowhere on top of him.
fenrirblack wrote:What’s to stop that shop from being the harbinger of alien invaders?
Like Starbucks?
Last edited by Argent on Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I still feel like they should be concerned by the fact that a random coffee shop just popped up out of nowhere. When things just materialize into existence, its usually a bad thing. What’s to stop that shop from being the harbinger of alien invaders?
Counterpoint, considering both Peanut and Grape are so used to this stuff, that Grape even says she’s actually surprised this hasn’t happened sooner, and so far there have only been one time so far that the weird thing came close to ending the world, why should they assume this one is more dangerous than the others?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I still feel like they should be concerned by the fact that a random coffee shop just popped up out of nowhere. When things just materialize into existence, its usually a bad thing. What’s to stop that shop from being the harbinger of alien invaders?
Counterpoint, considering both Peanut and Grape are so used to this stuff, that Grape even says she’s actually surprised this hasn’t happened sooner, and so far there have only been one time so far that the weird thing came close to ending the world, why should they assume this one is more dangerous than the others?
It’s not about being more dangerous than the other times. Plus they did not do a lot to stop the end of the world both at the temple and in Australia. At most they’re the vehicles that led the actual saviors to their destinations. Res and King were the heroes along with Tarot I guess. Anyway, that’s not point. The point is just because you get used to weird stuff happening doesn’t mean you can slack off. If said coffee shop is dangerous, even a liitle more dangerous than Starbucks, it should be handled delicately and with caution. If nothing else it’s worth investigating to determine if it is a threat. But on the other hand, it isn’t their responsibility to deal with this stuff so at most maybe they should tell someone and let them deal with it. :?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

But, then, the video renting shop where they have been few moments ago, just disappeared? :? And now, there's a coffee shop instead of that. What a mystery... Well, Peanut, you and Grape have already experienced magic stuff in past, this can well be a new one. :P It's all getting weird now, looking ahead for where this is going on.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN wrote:(PEANUT)
Well We Might As Go In Ready?"

Grape Takes His Hand Ready"
Hi, welcome to the forum! We have a subforum for role playing, which I'm sure you'll quite like!
Gameb18oy wrote:
Soerix wrote:What does Grape mean by "Given all the weird stuff we've been proxy to"?
Do you want me to focus solely on the stuff related to the celestials, or would you prefer I also add in stuff like the water gun war between cats and dogs as well?
They likely would prefer a useful answer lacking condescension.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Apologies to you and Soerix, Dissension. I meant for that to be said more in jest, but I can understand why you’re correcting me for it. Shouldn’t happen again
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Has anyone ever heard of "pop-up restaurants"? "These restaurants often operate from a private home, former factory or similar space, and during festivals." So I guess one could assume that the coffee shop is not supernatural but just as dangerous for a completely different set of reasons.
Argent

Post by Argent »

D-Rock wrote:I wonder how leasing works for shops that just switch in and out of reality in the same spot?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeshare
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Gameb18oy wrote:
Actually, I was more specifically wondering about the meaning of "been proxy to".
Not being a native English speaker, I couldn't perfectly understand this line's meaning, even after checking a dictionary.
I thought the meaning of "proxy" suited more the concept of avatars for Pete and Dragon. That's why I was confused why Grape used this term, since she and Peanut were never avatars.
Gameb18oy wrote:Apologies to you and Soerix, Dissension. I meant for that to be said more in jest, but I can understand why you’re correcting me for it. Shouldn’t happen again
Apology accepted. ;)
Give me a hug! (OK, maybe that's a bit too much...)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Wouldn’t be too much... but then we are both talking over the internet, so it’s an impossibility. Glad I didn’t upset you though, glad to hear that.

I think it’s meant to be like shorthand for saying they were present for that stuff, but I’ll admit it’s not a word I hear used much, so I’m not certain myself