2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 8138
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best]
Title Text: We have mcdonalds at home

Motherhood: a profession that requires saintly patience. Especially when the gods throw tantrums.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
Saturn381
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Location: Clifton Forge, VA

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Saturn381 »

These two kits haven't changed one bit.

Also, I think this female fox is either Kitsune or his mate.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed May 30, 2018 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5058
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by IceKitsune »

Their mother has her hands full.

User avatar
Char89Charizard
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Char89Charizard »

I'm gonna take a wild guess and that Craig and Draig are both the Gryphon and Dragon in mortal forms.

Not A Furry

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Not A Furry »

They're gonna have a really hard time getting to the desert temple with a mother like that

User avatar
Gbr23
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Gbr23 »

Their mom seems nice! Oh kids and their imaginations...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!

User avatar
Vanice
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: In my own dojo....

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Vanice »

This is both deserving on so many levels and hilarious :lol:. I wonder how often they'll show up in the comic?
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"

User avatar
Douglas Collier
Posts: 3396
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:35 pm
Location: Housepets! Universe - Babylon Gardens

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Douglas Collier »

Probably the only fox in the world who would have them.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12182
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

What’s worse than being mortal
is having a mom in command
even if, when you’re hurt,
she’ll take you by the hand
and say “It doesn’t matter, little one,
Mother will make it all better.
I’ll protect you forever, my loves”
You’ll never want to forget her.
Draig’s resentful but Craig’s a brat,
but then we knew that any way.
All kids are when forced to eat
and they’re dragged away from play.
A new dynamic has entered the mix.
The little pair? Do it all for Kix.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Gbr23
Posts: 1338
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Gbr23 »

I bet there are 3 corgi-malamute pups whom Craig and Draig would be really good friends of
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!

User avatar
Arel_Grim
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Arel_Grim »

wait is this Pete and Dragon in different body's ? :?:

User avatar
Nobody
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:32 am

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Nobody »

Arel_Grim wrote:wait is this Pete and Dragon in different body's ? :?:
Nah, I'm betting the twist reveal is that they really *are* fox kits with overactive imaginations.

User avatar
Arel_Grim
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Arel_Grim »

Char89Charizard wrote:I'm gonna take a wild guess and that Craig and Draig are both the Gryphon and Dragon in mortal forms.
I was thinking the same thing

User avatar
Arel_Grim
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Arel_Grim »

Nobody wrote:
Arel_Grim wrote:wait is this Pete and Dragon in different body's ? :?:
Nah, I'm betting the twist reveal is that they really *are* fox kits with overactive imaginations.
But notice there eye colors they have the same colors

Notice how the kits have the same colors as dragon and Pete Yellow and Green :shock:
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed May 30, 2018 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Please use the Edit button if you wish to add more to your post if it's the most recent

Ferret
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Washington State

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Ferret »

What a wonderful punishment for immortal beings... Eating beetle stew...

Beetle. Stew.
Arel_Grim wrote:But notice there eye colors they have the same colors

Notice how the kits have the same colors as dragon and Pete Yellow and Green :shock:
I agree Arel. It is pretty much a given at this point that they are in fact Dragon and Pete.
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed May 30, 2018 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Please do not double-post

User avatar
Vanice
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: In my own dojo....

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Vanice »

Ok so....Which is Craig and which is Draig? I don't want another who is whom problem like with Summer and Spring
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"

Ferret
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Washington State

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Ferret »

Xane wrote:Would it help if we called it McBeetle McStew?
The Mcless-than-depressing stew?
Vanice wrote:Ok so....Which is Craig and which is Draig? I don't want another who is whom problem like with Summer and Spring
Draig is Norse for dragon. Craig is Norse for rock. Pete is short for Peter which means rock.

Draig is Dragon. Craig is Pete (The feisty one).
Or so it seems...

You can never tell with Rick.
Last edited by D-Rock on Wed May 30, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Please do not triple-post.

User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Champion Wallace »

Well this nicely answers just about all my questions raised by the previous strip. I don't know if this means I should be more patient and trust everything will become clear or Rick addressed so many of my points because I asked it. No crazy hijinks or sluggy freelance? What kind of a comic is this!
Arel_Grim wrote:Notice how the kits have the same colors as dragon and Pete Yellow and Green :shock:
I don't understand why youse guys are so fixated on the eyes and not something like them trying to retake their immortal forms. Going off eye color alone would indicate their mom is Cerberus.
Vanice wrote:Ok so....Which is Craig and which is Draig? I don't want another who is whom problem like with Summer and Spring
I say the one on our left is Draig and the one wanted pop tarts is Craig because those are similar to Dragon and Pete respectively and the personality of each matches the respective demigod. Sigh, and because the eyes match.
Gbr23 wrote:I bet there are 3 corgi-malamute pups whom Craig and Draig would be really good friends of
I knew she was a malamute. they all said I was crazy and she's a husky, but I knew. *muttering becomes unintelligible*
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image

User avatar
Vanice
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:37 pm
Location: In my own dojo....

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Vanice »

Ferret wrote:
Vanice wrote:Ok so....Which is Craig and which is Draig? I don't want another who is whom problem like with Summer and Spring
Draig is Norse for dragon. Craig is Norse for rock. Pete is short for Peter which means rock.

Draig is Dragon. Craig is Pete (The feisty one).
Gotcha.
"UNHAND ME, WOMAN"
Yes....very feisty
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7131
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by GameCobra »

Unhand me, Woman!

<3 Oh, this is too good. He's going to be like a foxy Bart Simpson i bet.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
Arel_Grim
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Arel_Grim »

I don't understand why youse guys are so fixated on the eyes and not something like them trying to retake their immortal forms. Going off eye color alone would indicate their mom is Cerberus.
well the eyes were not the reason that i thought that it was them, the first clue that I got and that reminded me about Pete and Dragon was that they were talking about them getting there Immortal forms back and well the eyes were just more evidence to prove my theory

Not A Furry

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Not A Furry »

People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune

Valareos
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Valareos »

This is, unfortunately, bad news for the Pete/Dragon Shippers... (Peagon? Drete?)

You know who you are.....

Image

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3729
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by CyberDragon »

Even as demigods, they were brother and sister though. That ship sank pretty much when that was revealed.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Champion Wallace »

Not A Furry wrote:People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune
I just know I'm going to eat my words in 2 days-week, but I don't think Kix is Kitsune. To a demigod living a mortal life is seen as punishment. This would mean GK would stoop to being a fellow prisoner just to be those two's jailer. While torturing Pete and Dragon with mundaneness may get a laugh, he too would be forced to eat beetle stew, metaphorically and literally.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image

User avatar
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Obbl »

:lol: "Agony!!!" :lol: This is so well deserved, and so beautiful to behold :lol: I hope we get to see these two occasionally :D
Also, it appears their mom is part of the Opener following, which is kind of an extra cherry on top as Pete will be forced to practice the religion he founded :lol:
Image

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 8138
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by D-Rock »

Valareos wrote:This is, unfortunately, bad news for the Pete/Dragon Shippers... (Peagon? Drete?)

You know who you are.....

Image
CyberDragon wrote:Even as demigods, they were brother and sister though. That ship sank pretty much when that was revealed.
Yeah, um, Valareos, did you miss the end of Heaven's Not Enough?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

Iceheart
Posts: 337
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Iceheart »

I need a name for fox mom because I love her so much!

Ferret
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Washington State

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Ferret »

Iceheart wrote:I need a name for fox mom because I love her so much!
Her name is Kix!

User avatar
Champion Wallace
Posts: 1193
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:16 pm
Location: Sootopolis City penthouse

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Champion Wallace »

Iceheart wrote:I need a name for fox mom because I love her so much!
Her name is Kix. Underneath the name and date of the strip are the "tags" for all the characters in that strip. If you click on them you will be taken to a page with all their apperencees and if you edit that url by adding '+' and another name, for example http://www.housepetscomic.com/character/peanut+king/, you can cross reference to see only the strips they both are in (the page will say only one character, but it is factoring in all the "+name"s that were included). By process of elimination you can determine Kix is the mother because there were Draig and Craig tags in the previous strip when mum hadn't appeared yet. Using the tags isn't foolproof for example neither Draig nor Craig have been in a strip without the other so we can't say definitively which is which, we can only make evidence backed conjecture. Same thing with the horses at the farm, we know their names without them ever being said; we don't know which one is Money for Nothing and which one is Action Replay, but the brown one is Made of Win. There are some mistakes too, like Maxwell is tagged for Muchas Smooches without being onscreen or having any lines, but mistakes like that are rare.
Edit: Fixed spelling and added a bit more on how to use tags.
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Wed May 30, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Image
Image

User avatar
Bandit1990
Posts: 643
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:10 pm
Location: Fredericksburg, VA

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Bandit1990 »

What Wallace said. Also to see the tags you have to be looking at the permanent link for the strip. They don't show up on The Main Page.
Image

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.

Mr. Whisper
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 am

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Mr. Whisper »

GameCobra wrote:Unhand me, Woman!

<3 Oh, this is too good. He's going to be like a foxy Bart Simpson i bet.
You mean Stewie Griffin?

User avatar
MX682XM
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:53 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by MX682XM »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune
I just know I'm going to eat my words in 2 days-week, but I don't think Kix is Kitsune. To a demigod living a mortal life is seen as punishment. This would mean GK would stoop to being a fellow prisoner just to be those two's jailer. While torturing Pete and Dragon with mundaneness may get a laugh, he too would be forced to eat beetle stew, metaphorically and literally.
I think Kix has a connection to Kitsune, in some kind of way. We don't know for sure though and in what way.
Also, Kitsube is technically their jailor as the game master who helped writing the contract. And Kitsune isn't bound to the mortal body like the other two. As a demigod he could still talk with King in America while doing what do I know in Australia. He said himself that he is always everywhere. I doibt aswell that the taste of food is such a big deal for him.
But the main reason why I think he is connected with Kix to have the ability to control theese two. Not just by what they do but also talking down their past memories as seen in todays strip.

P.S. this vould get really inresting when they hit the teenager time
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1844
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Macsen »

Two possible fathers:

Kitsune

Karishad (still, despite the denials)
Image
Image

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21019
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Mr. Whisper wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Unhand me, Woman!

<3 Oh, this is too good. He's going to be like a foxy Bart Simpson i bet.
You mean Stewie Griffin?
my thoughts exactly
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
dusk
Posts: 358
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm
Location: Babylon Gardens?

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by dusk »

Their mom must have the patience of a person watching a tortoise crawl through molasses while watching paint on the tortoise dry. I must commend her for her incredible patience in dealing with their nonsense. *Claps*
As I gaze upon the stars, I realize how much I will miss this world.

20-23-5-14-20-25 25-5-1-18-19 8-5 4-9-4 14-15-20 18-5-20-21-18-14,

20-8-5 19-9-24 6-9-14-7-5-18-5-4 13-9-19-6-9-20 23-9-20-8 12-15-20-19 15-6 6-21-18.


*Russian Intensifies*

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5934
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by Argent »

Gbr23 wrote:Their mom seems nice! Oh kids and their imaginations...
It's gonna be like having TWO Calvins.

Also, Kix are for Trids!

Draig is the red fox with dragon-green eyes (who looked a lot chubbier in the previous strip, I guess it was the perspective) where it was revealed she had a temple in Egypt like Dragon does. So, Dragon.

Craig is the brown fox with gryphon-gold eyes who used to be Pete.

Kix has blue eyes. That's an odd color for a fox too. Might have a bit of husky in her family tree.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

NHWestoN
Posts: 13848
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm
Location: North of Boston Boy

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, Craig and Craig, your mom is a FOX !!

User avatar
AlecFalk
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 7:27 am

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by AlecFalk »

Not A Furry wrote:People pointed it out on the discord so I'll point it out here aswell

Draig -> Dragon
Craig -> Pete
Kix -> Kixune
Would it be possible for me to join the discord? I've been trying to see if there was an official Housepets! discord online but had no luck finding out if there was one. Also does anyone else think that the third and fourth panels go along with the 'This human form is limiting' baby picture?
The Doctor~ That is enigmatic. That is-- That is textbook enigmatic.

User avatar
KJOokami
Posts: 1804
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:36 am
Location: West Philly

Re: 2018/05/30 - Mother Knows Best

Post by KJOokami »

Kix must have the patience of a saint to have put up with these two for the past couple years and still have such a cheerful attitude. I am, however, eagerly anticipating the inevitable scary "I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap if you say one more word" mom face. :P
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"

Post Reply