2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Naro Rivers

Re: 2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne

Post by Naro Rivers »

Buster wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Since we are in the bussiness or resurrecting characters, can we get Rufus, Karl-Lenin Faust and that one doggy who got infini-chocolate chip cookie back as well? Pleaaaaaaaaaase?
What, you mean Charlie? He has his own spinoff though.
I wonder if Kitsune will come down on us for "weird time junk" because of that game and changing the past~
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I hope if Breel stays to live with the mortals he keeps the body he has. For all we know he might have to incarnate as the animal he was in life and he only looks like a marten because in heaven, you can choose what you look like.
TeflonCougar wrote:More thoughts on Cerberus

Is she one being or three?

When Keene was in the Dream Pool in Heaven and slipped away, one head did say "One of us has to keep an eye on our charges." suggesting individuality. In the one shot one head decides she needs glasses and the centre head disputes it say "I do not need glasses." That suggests connection, but the third head sees the fallen pet (Tiger?) and says "We may need to take him anyway" suggesting the other two heads are not aware of what she sees.

One person or does each head have a brain and mind of its own? Or are they individuals with that odd mind meld thing identical siblings are rumored to have?

One person, or the best way to date triplets?

Discuss.
I gave my two cents in the previous comic discussion, but my vote is she is one being. I think she is effectively a dog with six eyes, three noses, etc.. I think in Death Always Knocks Twice she is just talking to herself because an internal monolog would not be visible to us, the audience. In the strip you first quoted she actually says "one of me" not "one of us" which means she considers herself singular and she probably knows best. What's making me unsure is the heads having different personalities, as that would not be consistent with her just using whatever mouth is convenient when she speaks. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned the rest of her body. My experience with robots has taught me moving around like a normal person is something we take for granted and is actually really complicated. I would imagine three people in control of one pair of legs would not work out very well.
The cape comes with the promotion.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Champion Wallace wrote:I gave my two cents in the previous comic discussion, but my vote is she is one being. I think she is effectively a dog with six eyes, three noses, etc.. I think in Death Always Knocks Twice she is just talking to herself because an internal monolog would not be visible to us, the audience. In the strip you first quoted she actually says "one of me" not "one of us" which means she considers herself singular and she probably knows best. What's making me unsure is the heads having different personalities, as that would not be consistent with her just using whatever mouth is convenient when she speaks. I'm surprised no-one else has mentioned the rest of her body. My experience with robots has taught me moving around like a normal person is something we take for granted and is actually really complicated. I would imagine three people in control of one pair of legs would not work out very well.
My take on it is that Cerb is indeed one person. The different heads just represent different collections and concentrations of Cerb's personality traits and emotions.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:Could it be possible that Breel was never alive to begin with?
Pretty sure his discussion about pain and trains implied he was once alive and died in that life.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
jonas

Post by jonas »

Yay, Breel's gonna be a zombie!

(I know, I know. It's just still fun to imagine. "You said you wanted a body...but you didn't say it had to be alive...")
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

jonas wrote:Yay, Breel's gonna be a zombie!

(I know, I know. It's just still fun to imagine. "You said you wanted a body...but you didn't say it had to be alive...")
Pet Cemetery.

Ack.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:Pet Cemetery.
Semetary.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Argent wrote:Semetary.
Uuuuuugh. These. Small. Details. *dies*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Please don't die, Gamecobra. You'll set off a whole new thread!!

Oh...and we'd really, really miss you....
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Wait, would Breel start over as a baby? That would be awkward!
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

I didnt realize Breel was a guy untill now XD I always thought he had a very feminine body so I assumed he was a she.
Frank

Post by Frank »

NHWestoN wrote:Frank, you might have missed the occasional debates we've had on how Breel died (hit by a train or what), but he was definitely embodied once....
I didn't miss them, I just didn't remember them, and those mentions always had an air of "I might be making this up, oh well" to them, to me
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frank wrote:
NHWestoN wrote:Frank, you might have missed the occasional debates we've had on how Breel died (hit by a train or what), but he was definitely embodied once....
I didn't miss them, I just didn't remember them, and those mentions always had an air of "I might be making this up, oh well" to them, to me
I think they're talking about this thread.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)