2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger]
Title Text: uh, hm

Title text says it all.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/04/13 - Turn In Your Badger

Post by Saturn381 »

By the end of this arc, all the humans will be turned into animals. :lol:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Well... no jail for you! Yay I guess
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

At this rate soon there will be no more humans in the HP-world. XD
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Kaslo

Post by Kaslo »

Being a badger's not so bad at least!

Probably gonna hurt when he hits the floor though.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Has Thomas been carrying that coin in his mouth the whole time? Wow, that's impressive. Why do they both of them look so surprised? It has been established that the treasure is cursed and turns people into animals.
The cape comes with the promotion.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Get-out-of-jail-free card... Just not the way you imagined
Allons-y
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

At lest he got hands!
jonas

Post by jonas »

Now I'm wondering what would have happened if a pet had touched that coin.
RokukeShiba

Post by RokukeShiba »

jonas wrote:Now I'm wondering what would have happened if a pet had touched that coin.

Keene gonna touch it and turn human or something XD
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

What are they going to do with that coin? Seems to me like a cursed coin that can cast a permanent baleful polymorph on anyone you happen to touch with it is something that needs to be contained, SCP-style.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Xane wrote:How is that a punishment? Badgers rule! Gimme that coin!
Steward probably doesn't think they rule.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Well, that's one cure for itching terror ivy. And yay, another transformation! Got any more of that gold tucked away, Thomas?
Champion Wallace

leinglo wrote:What are they going to do with that coin? Seems to me like a cursed coin that can cast a permanent baleful polymorph on anyone you happen to touch with it is something that needs to be contained, SCP-style.
Well... you could lock it away in a magic(k)al temple. What could possibly go wrong?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Saturn381 wrote:By the end of this arc, all the humans will be turned into animals. :lol:
Please no?
leinglo wrote:What are they going to do with that coin? Seems to me like a cursed coin that can cast a permanent baleful polymorph on anyone you happen to touch with it is something that needs to be contained, SCP-style.
Please do.
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Well, it seems like curses still work,
eve without the whole temple thing.
Now Stewards job he can shirk
as he’s picked up Thomas’ bling.
He’s going to need to reside at the zoo,
if they have room for a common creature.
Ask Kari, he’ll know what to do;
around there he’s a regular feature.
Justice works in strange ways;
serving live sentences without pardons.
These felons will spend all their days
trapped around Babylon Gardens.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

Champion Wallace wrote:Why do they both of them look so surprised? It has been established that the treasure is cursed and turns people into animals.
I think they both might've thought that the curse only worked inside the temple...or, at least, so long as the temple existed. Given that the temple is now a pile of rubble, they both probably assumed that it was no longer cursed.

Either that or they thought that the curse would specifically turn them into camels rather than any animal.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

SuperStar wrote:
Xane wrote:How is that a punishment? Badgers rule! Gimme that coin!
Steward probably doesn't think they rule.
Steward's still arguably quite a bit better off than Thomas. He still gets to be a biped with opposable thumbs.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

The true path to animal/human equality. Just "bribe" the most powerful humans
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

What would happen if an animal tried to steal the gold?
Champion Wallace

King wrote:I can't eat what I want, I can't go where I want, It's the same thing as prison!
I find it interesting how on board you guys are with the idea of justice being served to these two via the curse. We have a court system for a reason. Sure they might be jerks, but lifetime imprisonment is a serious punishment, especially since at this point they're just accused criminals and haven't been proven guilty by a judge and jury.
Arel_Grim

Post by Arel_Grim »

Saturn381 wrote:By the end of this arc, all the humans will be turned into animals. :lol:
honestly :lol:
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

A thousand times yes. :mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Champion Wallace wrote:
King wrote:I can't eat what I want, I can't go where I want, It's the same thing as prison!
I find it interesting how on board you guys are with the idea of justice being served to these two via the curse. We have a court system for a reason. Sure they might be jerks, but lifetime imprisonment is a serious punishment, especially since at this point they're just accused criminals and haven't been proven guilty by a judge and jury.
In works of fiction, especially ones where the audience can see the people commit the crimes in question, people tend to be more on board when they get their "come-uppance"
regardless of any legal ethics that may be at play.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Champion Wallace wrote:
Agreed, partly. I mean, Thomas brought his fate upon himself about as hard as possible, after a number of past offenses. He's lucky to just be alive in the wake of the temple's collapse, but if Steward were tried I'm not even sure of what he'd be convicted of. Conspiracy to commit fraud or theft, maybe, either way that would've earned only a handful of years of jail time at the most.
Champion Wallace

Who needs due process when you have a man in a cape to determine right from wrong...
Though you're right, this is a comic so we have access to more information then a jury would, so we know they were working together to commit larceny.
Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Tue May 22, 2018 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Friday the Thirteenth, Stew !! Don't spend it all in one place. Better yet, don't spend it at all or some innocent humans are gonna get fuzzy.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well that is one way to keep him in the story I guess
weird1119

Post by weird1119 »

Now I know how to get s fursona, I just need one of those cursed coins, and the transition spell that's somewhere in the rubble.
Sinice writing that, steward can find all the old scrolls since he's a badger now.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So...why a badger? He's an accountant. Is there a logic there? Can the police still arrest him or will they call animal control?

Hey, Jessica! New tenant comin'.
Champion Wallace

weird1119 wrote:Now I know how to get s fursona, I just need one of those cursed coins, and the transition spell that's somewhere in the rubble.
This is what I get for joining a forum full of furries (not that it's a bad thing; I'm just not accustom to it).
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

And the main thing I'm thinking now is: I wonder if he still needs those glasses?

Maybe I'm just tired.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I'm kinda hoping this is the last Human to Animal transformation, at least for a while. It was special when it happened to King, and only slightly less when Thomas got turned but still pretty good considering how long it'd been and kinda fitting. But with one right after the other and the count now being at 3, it kinda looses it's magic... ironically :roll: . In all cases they were criminals and in all cases this will likely prevent them from going to jail. One could argue that it could still be special by them not pulling a King and being just as bad as they were as humans from this scenario but it isn't just one case, but two.

I could see the more reasonable explanation of "if they aren't fun to draw and keep around as humans, then make em animals" but still now it's just becoming a bit too obvious and moreso seeming like everyone's just gonna be an animal in a pandery way. In the end of the day though I really doubt more characters will be transformed into animals anyway and that it'll be used sparingly if at all, Rick knows better than that. That being said I wouldn't mind the coin itself coming up again as a plotpoint or villainous motive from these two or something. It's good to not just drop big things like that anyway with no explanation. There's fun and shenanigans to be had :) . Just wanted to throw in my two gold on the matter.
ImageImageImageImage
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

Yes. Just. Yes. 8-)
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I wonder if Steward will wind up working with Truck and Falstaff?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Please do.
Tarot, now almost completely cut off from the celestial world takes it upon herself to put together a team to track down and contain remaining objects of magickal origin. Get ready for the SHP foundation.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Well now BOTH of them could get a place in a nice cozy zoo, and hey at least Thomas can spend some time with Sofia :lol:
Keldor

Post by Keldor »

The question now is just how strong the curse on the coin is. For instance, if they take it out to sea and throw it overboard, will it just sink to the bottom and be lost forever like any sensible coin, or will the curse cause fate to contrive for someone else to find it?

This coin seems likely to cause quite a bit of trouble!
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I'm kinda hoping this is the last Human to Animal transformation, at least for a while. It was special when it happened to King, and only slightly less when Thomas got turned but still pretty good considering how long it'd been and kinda fitting. But with one right after the other and the count now being at 3, it kinda looses it's magic... ironically :roll: . In all cases they were criminals and in all cases this will likely prevent them from going to jail. One could argue that it could still be special by them not pulling a King and being just as bad as they were as humans from this scenario but it isn't just one case, but two.

I could see the more reasonable explanation of "if they aren't fun to draw and keep around as humans, then make em animals" but still now it's just becoming a bit too obvious and moreso seeming like everyone's just gonna be an animal in a pandery way. In the end of the day though I really doubt more characters will be transformed into animals anyway and that it'll be used sparingly if at all, Rick knows better than that. That being said I wouldn't mind the coin itself coming up again as a plotpoint or villainous motive from these two or something. It's good to not just drop big things like that anyway with no explanation. There's fun and shenanigans to be had :) . Just wanted to throw in my two gold on the matter.
I feel the same as you Chaoko, I still love today's strip and this whole arc but I feel that Thomas' transformation was kind of special and built-up over time in a way (almost) similar to that of King... Steward's one feels a bit cheaper. You're right. And by the way I kind of hoped that Steward would flee or try to come up with a jail-brake :D lucky Steward's being turned into a cute badger :3
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

I think it's actually a lot of fun that he pulled that surprise. Of course, now there's an evil curse coin floating around. XD

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom!