D-Rock

2018/03/28 - It’s Over(?)

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/03/28 - It’s Over(?)]
Title Text: "I never saved anything for the swim b--"
"quoting science fiction isn't going to help anymore"

What would Samus Aran do?

Oh yeah, RUN.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/03/28 - It’s Over(?)

Post by Saturn381 »

Welp, they're stuck. :lol:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

The Forgotten: it’s not over

Me: let’s say it is.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Gattaca reference? And Res looks so done.
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Aw man, Res Shrunk for real this time. Ya know, he probably shoulda stayed Big until AFTER they left the Temple. Could've just smashed and crashed his way out, am I right?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Good luck fighting through the orcs again... ALLONS-Y!
Allons-y
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Now it is time for the escape sequence!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

In fire it drowns;
with one final curse.
Its’ final words
beckoning the hearse.
The mana gone
nothing for the escape.
Forever trapped?
Cut off from Grape?
How will they survive?
Via Angels’ delight?
Is there time to run?
Time for one final flight?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

They are so going to heaven.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:Good luck fighting through the orcs again... ALLONS-Y!
If the Temple is collapsing the orcs should be trying to escape as well, unless they were just constructs of the Temple itself, in which case they may just disappear.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Arel_Grim

Post by Arel_Grim »

Now about that little demon they brought
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Let me get this straight. The mana pool has the raw power to destroy the universe, but a massive energy blast directly powered from it cannot destroy the Forgotten? I know the pool was already drained somewhat by the portal opening, Tarot's sealing efforts, and Res' transformation, but come on. Just how powerful is the Forgotten?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

leinglo wrote:Let me get this straight. The mana pool has the raw power to destroy the universe, but a massive energy blast directly powered from it cannot destroy the Forgotten? I know the pool was already drained somewhat by the portal opening, Tarot's sealing efforts, and Res' transformation, but come on. Just how powerful is the Forgotten?
Well, the Forgotten isn't mortal, so there is that

(it was severely weakened in any case)
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

It's interesting to look at teem Tarot's contribution to this expedition. Sabrina originally vowed that she and Tarot would do their best to ensure the safety of those involved and they would drain the mana pool. In the dungeon, their only on-screen contribution was preventing Peanut from becoming a puppy pizza (or a pound puppy). If you subtract Tarot from the equation, the conditions would still be such that Keene would be summoned and get into a fight when Breel stops him, and Res empties out the mana pool. Going into this arc I expected it to be a case of "trying to prevent something is the reason that thing happens". As it happens, despite how much effort she put into it, Tarot didn't change the fate of the mana.

As for escaping the temple, there is still the elevator that goes to at least floor fifty.

Is it just me, or does Res's neck look more... pencilly in this comic.
The cape comes with the promotion.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Don't worry guys, Neel can just lick through all the debris!... And the actively falling rocks!

I mean, either that or Keene could use his cap to subconsciously instant transmission them all out of the temple, unless with it breaking and not having mana and all the magic that effects the hats no longer applies. I guess if none of the above work they can just make a tongue tunnel, but it'll be a loooooong trip.

...or die, hear weather in Heaven's great now'n days!
leinglo wrote:Let me get this straight. The mana pool has the raw power to destroy the universe, but a massive energy blast directly powered from it cannot destroy the Forgotten? I know the pool was already drained somewhat by the portal opening, Tarot's sealing efforts, and Res' transformation, but come on. Just how powerful is the Forgotten?
It's possible he actually IS a god but just wanted to say "It is Forgotten". Then again, power to destroy a whole universe, how strong is this world's gods and the heavenly realm? I mean I assume they make the mana so a blast like that probably hurts, and that's saying a lot for a god, but doesn't kill. He effectively punched The Forgotten in the gut.
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I believe there are still some Angels flitting about that could help some people out?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

A lot of myths, legends, and religions hold that spiritual entities are immortal, and cannot be killed. Some of them may take severe damage, such as some gods being brutally injured to the point of needing to be put back together (sometimes literally) to do anything again. It all varies, and from my readings, the only exceptions I've found that I remember are the Norse gods. They can be actually killed, but good luck doing so if you aren't a god yourself.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"I don't need Werecat powers to strangle you, you snide little weasel !"

Okay, Breel, Rufus, Summer, Spring.... Let's get Celestial. Kitsune, I learned my lesson....

Sigh, everybody's a critic.....
Last edited by NHWestoN on Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Champion Wallace wrote:As it happens, despite how much effort she put into it, Tarot didn't change the fate of the mana.
didn't she, though? without here initial fight with Keene the mana would have been safely in the bowl it was in. So when Breel cried after the fight, the tear would have safely hit the floor and not the mana, so no portal would have opened. Keene would have probably gotten himself and/or everyone killed by making his wish while he was angry.
but that's even assuming the fight would have happened still. the main point of the fight was that Keene was rushing his wish in the middle of the fight with Tarot before she had a chance to stop him, while his mind wasn't clear, and Breel was trying to make him wait. no fight with Tarot, no rush, Breel can calmly walk Keene through the process to make his wish safely. whether that would be a better or worse fate is unknown.

the most important thing is without Tarot, my avatar would not have happened. and that would be a worse fate :3
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

Really loving this arc so far, I'm super invested into the story of this, and am loving all the character's way of solving the situations. It's been a lot of fun to follow once more~
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Upon a second glance of the page I've realized The Forgotten's jaw is just gone, as well as all his accessories. I like that attention to detail, Res didn't obliterate him but I'm not sure if or how long it will take it to recover from that.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:As it happens, despite how much effort she put into it, Tarot didn't change the fate of the mana.
didn't she, though? without here initial fight with Keene the mana would have been safely in the bowl it was in. So when Breel cried after the fight, the tear would have safely hit the floor and not the mana, so no portal would have opened. Keene would have probably gotten himself and/or everyone killed by making his wish while he was angry.
but that's even assuming the fight would have happened still. the main point of the fight was that Keene was rushing his wish in the middle of the fight with Tarot before she had a chance to stop him, while his mind wasn't clear, and Breel was trying to make him wait. no fight with Tarot, no rush, Breel can calmly walk Keene through the process to make his wish safely. whether that would be a better or worse fate is unknown.

the most important thing is without Tarot, my avatar would not have happened. and that would be a worse fate :3
Also, if Tarot hadn't ditched Peanut's party they wouldn't have acted against Tarot's party and helped them fight the nerds. But interestingly enough if Tarot never did anything at all Keene would have had his way with no interruption anyway. So in order to get a completely safe timeline with no risk Tarot would have to get involved but not think the fate of the world revolved around her. In reality Tarot was the key to every possible outcome in this scenario, be it her involvement or non-involvement. :idea:

Edit: Which now that I think about it makes things even more confusing because that means the fate of the world DID revolve around her but in order to make a seamless timeline she'd have to think she wasn't, despite the fact that she was. And if she does infact think that it revolves around her it leads to this timeline where the fate of the world stops revolving around her and is then transfered to Res. :shock:
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Res and Keene have five Celestials and a demon with them.

Thomas and Sophia just have eight hooves to get them out of there.

[Friday: the demon starts doing the Jafar thing and all five Celestials are needed to anchor the pentagram to hold it]
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

I wounder if the altering of (time and) space needs some mana too. I mean what if the temple suddenly becomes just an empty room in the size of how you see it from the outside because of the mana shortage?

Is it just me, or does Res have less muscles compared to the beginning of the journey?
ImageImage
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Argent wrote: [Friday: the demon starts doing the Jafar thing and all five Celestials are needed to anchor the pentagram to hold it]
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWERS
itty-bitty living space
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Don't you just hate whiney monsters? Forgotten may be indeed an immortal but Cry-rannosaurus Bletch ain't getting outta there in a hurry. Besides being anatomically discumbobberated, he may need a bit of reconstruction...in fact, Pandemonium likely will need some infrastructure reclamation.

I still suspect Eudoant and his pals will resurface again. Maybe even Forgot will get an encore. But, for now, Forgotten .... "fugget aboo'dit!!"
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

D-Rock wrote:What would Samus Aran do?

Oh yeah, RUN.
[/color]
I’m on it!
https://youtu.be/VDi8kBmESxs
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

The proper response would have been "Oh, I'm sorry. Would you prefer The Forgotten still being here?"
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Which now that I think about it makes things even more confusing because that means the fate of the world DID revolve around her but in order to make a seamless timeline she'd have to think she wasn't, despite the fact that she was. And if she does infact think that it revolves around her it leads to this timeline where the fate of the world stops revolving around her and is then transfered to Res. :shock:
Ow... my head...
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I'm pretty bummed that we didn't get a shrinking sequence of Res reverting back to normal. Having him just *Poof* off two panels doesn't feel right to me...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

Good point. If Tarot wasn't there to clumsy smack into the pedestal with her butt, Breel's tear wouldn't have landed in the mana. If the mana had started on the ground I stand by my claim that the fight would've happened the same way because my interpretation is that Keene was angry and impatient not because Hulk Tarot was about to pile drive him or something, but because he was so close to achieving his vision he had since visiting Heaven only to have someone he thought as a friend deny him, especially since Breel told him he wasn't there to stop him. After that things would happen the same just with mana left over to teleport them out or a even bigger beam cannon. However, the mana did not start on the ground and with one link missing the chain is broken. Since this had a happy ending (assuming the demon doesn't do anything too evil) Tarot's butt might've saved the day.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh no, it's not over. ;) Uhm, probably Res misunderstood The Forgotten... :? He defeated it, but he didn't kill it. Some mana is needed to go back and exit from the temple? What to do now? :| But well, the worst moment is not finished, Keene, don't ask much. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Pladim wrote:Really loving this arc so far, I'm super invested into the story of this, and am loving all the character's way of solving the situations. It's been a lot of fun to follow once more~
YES, I can't quote you enough on this!
It started with the change of style and publication, and it got this far. It's amazing.
Also, Rick is simply awesome at this kind of stuff; arcs like this truly get you hyped for the next entry! there's fun, action, geeky references and I simply can't wait for the next strip to come out.... and besides, we can still have some slice of life between arcs so it's perfect.
ten years of awesome stories, but this is becoming a fun ride that it's really surpassing itself! :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Exactly, Zenir. That's why Housepets! remains one of my favorite guilty pleasures.........
Frank

Post by Frank »

"No Mana? Well tell me you at least have a torch, it's dark down here!"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:"No Mana? Well tell me you at least have a torch, it's dark down here!"
*grabs Breel's halo and waves it a few times to make it glow brighter.*
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

So, nobody else is gonna miss Res' Super-Mega-Mana Form? I know I am... :(
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well... his Mom is gonna really be startled when Super-Res gets back to Canada! And he's gonna need a bigger writing Keyboard. ...and new passport.

Wonder how this experience will affect Pridelands?
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Passports? I doubt pets have passports (yet(If Keene manages to fulfill his plan)). Res flew in a cage to America aswell, he doesn't need a passport.
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Maybe he got through on Mom's documents ... It's a new travel world these days. Maybe he got by customs as an import. T'warn't first class and likely wasn't United Airlines, either.