2017/09/08 – All Of It, Maxwell

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/09/08 – All Of It, Maxwell

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/09/08 - All Of It, Maxwell]
Title Text: smell like smokebomb

Away we go, to catnip everyday!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2017/09/08 – All Of It, Maxwell

Post by Saturn381 »

Do it for the catnip, Max. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So much for him being out of the catnip :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I thought all he needed to do was bribe the pet store clerk with a quarter and his natural cuteness would win them over?
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

What is that Dog sniffing there?
It looks awfully like Cat hair.
What is the truth of the sped of Geek?
Perhaps it’s in the treasure they seek.
Max didn’t read the contract
and his response to the truth is compact.
The handsome guy wants some Nip
(show that and the censors will flip)
Let’s say he wants the cash instead;
it’s enough to make him plough ahead,
dragging Grape, Peanut and Res behind…
Rufus? Appear if you’d be so kind?

Max sleeping high could be the greatest ever seen...
Catnip Everdream...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Well, Prices vary, but loose catnip on Amazon seems to average to about $6/ounce. So $500 would buy 83 1/3 ounces, or about 5.2 lbs. (This does not factor any applicable tax).

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Well, that just blows it even further then. It's Greed running the Geek's actions, Max only being driven once he heard about the money.

I mean, It seems Peanut knew about it, but only cared for helping Res find his drive to carry on. It's why I like that Pooch. Not sure if Grape knows about the Cash Prize, but Res just wanted to continue because the whole Temple was making him feel better.

And geez, I really want to see Peanut finally get that Hat on. I'll get really ticked if it turns out to be Spot or that he never puts the Flamin' Hat on anyway!

I mean, I'd like to see what Peanut can think up that's not Spot (Superdog). I mean, Satau was basically the Mass Effect 2 Sentinel combined with Green Lantern, so I'd like to see what can be made from the Pointer's* mind.

*Peanut's supposed to be a Pointer Mutt of some kind, if I get his species correct.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
jothki

Post by jothki »

Prior experience is all well and good, but I'm wondering what starting from a low level and gaining experience while classless is doing to Peanut's stat growth.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Isn't it illegal to sell catnip to a cat without an owner present?
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Now Max has found his real motivation!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

John-056 wrote:*Peanut's supposed to be a Pointer Mutt of some kind, if I get his species correct.
Canadian Pointer according to his ref sheet ;)

Good grief, Max :lol: Yes, catnip for days's what it is :roll:
John-056

Post by John-056 »

jothki wrote:Prior experience is all well and good, but I'm wondering what starting from a low level and gaining experience while classless is doing to Peanut's stat growth.
Well, he may end up getting a more... Balanced Stat, since if I remember, and this is from playing 'Salt and Sanctuary', starting as a Classless means that while he's got no special starting power or any ability, he'll have more control on what he becomes, such as actually getting more skills and abilities that would make him better than all the 'Starter' classes at 'Endgame'... That is, if this works like an RPG, since we don't see anyone 'Level Up' here, and it's not really mentioned onscreen... And only referenced now, by Peanut himself.

What I'm getting at, is that if, no, WHEN we get to endgame, we'll see what Peanut becomes. I know he won't be Spot (Superdog), since that went badly on the first Holodeck Imaginate. His powers would at least have a Healing skill in there, while having a good offense to go with it. Agility would be helpful, as would being able to take a hit while still being vincible*, since being OP'd wouldn't end well, since the Temple would beef itself up to match his OP'ness and end up hurting, or worst, maiming his party.

That Means Spot (Superdog) is already out because even with Ophaninite, he's still a tanker who can take a hit, since he has the 'Body of Atlas', and even if Peanut gave him a healing power, that Grey rock would remove it, meaning he would have crippled his team for the sake of being OP'd, and he's unable to heal them**.

In my opinion, if Peanut's putting the hat on, it WILL be a Character or being with a Healing Power as one of their skills. I mean, if Peanut's going to be Classless for most of the temple trip, when that hat goes on, it WILL have a Class that's going to have a Healing power and all the skills he'd need to basically help win the 'Endgame'.

Still, knowing Rick, Sandwich Party*** would either not win, Nerd Party would or would not win, or... Tarot Party would be at the Flamin' end with no rhyme or reason for being there since they basically went in without the Wolves even knowing and thus, would mean they cheated and are disqualified... Or they're barred from entry for being late.

Seriously, remember Bruce and Roosevelt? They were left behind because the Ferrets forgot with all the commotion from the Celestial event and Rock had (better) forgotten from all the stress he had to go through with being stuck in Austrailia and without the recordings they wanted... And they pretty much rendered the tickets useless when they took a Ship ride home.

Personally, I hope they're barred from entry, just to see the look on Sabrina and Tarot's faces.

*And yes, this is a real word, just not used very often.

**This is to those who say that the Temple would have that rock.

***I can't decide what to call the little group. Team Sandwich or Sandwich Party?
Obbl wrote:Canadian Pointer according to his ref sheet ;)

Good grief, Max :lol: Yes, catnip for days's what it is :roll:
Thanks Mate! And I agree with ya on that bit. Hopefully, he doesn't start dressing in drag if he wins and buys all the Catnip... Though when I think back on it, unless Maxy wishes to share it with Grape, then it's kinda selfish, considering that Zach, when he got his money from Tiger, by right, no less, he did not hesitate to get Jessica a gift.

Matter of fact, he's been acting a bit selfish as of late. Max, I mean. Not Zach. Zach has actually been acting a bit more... Open and warmer as of late. Seems living with Jessica's been good for him... Not to mention that he's at least not getting annoyed as Hek with his Worshippers as he used to.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well that got him motivated in a hurry :lol:
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Call it a hunch, but I think Maxwell has a catnip issue. :lol:
Argent

Post by Argent »

And Maxwell hasn't even seen any of the treasure yet.

Maybe he'll find a chest full of catnip.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Catnip is a weed. It can be found in many wild green spaces such as untended areas behind stores, Dumpsters, drainage ditches. All for free. Likely the wild green on Keene's estate has patches of it. So while the cash could get a lot of nip, finding a growing stalk means unlimited supply at no cost.

That opens the possibilities for the $500 right up. Squeak toys, yarn balls, season pass the that water park Peanut seems so fond of and so forth.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Addiction is a terrible thing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

Is anyone else getting really confused because Max is wearing purple? :P
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Backlash wrote:Is anyone else getting really confused because Max is wearing purple? :P
I'm more curious as to why Grape's wearing red. Maybe it doesn't clash with her fur colour or something? Or is it to match the Collar of a certain Canadian Pointer?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

John-056 wrote:
Backlash wrote:Is anyone else getting really confused because Max is wearing purple? :P
I'm more curious as to why Grape's wearing red. Maybe it doesn't clash with her fur colour or something? Or is it to match the Collar of a certain Canadian Pointer?
Both of them are Strider Hiryu. Max is wearing his main costume. Grape is wearing one of his alternates costumes.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
MrParaduo

Post by MrParaduo »

Half-expected Max's legs to make the classic cartoon-wheel effect, he's running so fast. Gotta get his fix. ;)
There are many words and phrases that can cause an experienced wizard to tremble in fear. Chief among them being "oops."
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, they quickly escaped. Well, Maxwell, I guess that's enough to don't remain there inside the smoke like you're all still doing. :P Maybe Peanut is right, too. ;) Ooh, so there's a money prize... :) Eheh, that means a lot of catnip, Maxwell! Hurry up now! :D But, where to go now? :P
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Peanut still hasn't chosen a role....

I am starting to wonder if its too late for him to do so or if his lack of a role will grant him some sort of an immunity later on.. like putting on a hat that has the words "DM". Now that would toss things for a loop.
Image Image
House42

Post by House42 »

jothki wrote:Prior experience is all well and good, but I'm wondering what starting from a low level and gaining experience while classless is doing to Peanut's stat growth.
I have no idea, but I reckon that the results will be along the lines of
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

He desperately needs his fix.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Adoring Fan wrote:Peanut still hasn't chosen a role....

I am starting to wonder if its too late for him to do so or if his lack of a role will grant him some sort of an immunity later on.. like putting on a hat that has the words "DM". Now that would toss things for a loop.
Nah, I think it's more he hasn't decided at all. becoming the 'DM' would make him too OP'd. If you look at it from another perspective, try remembering what he said he'd pick Originally, and then try and see what he's going to do with a Class that may or may not have a Healer Base, only one that also has a good Offensive ability or more.

I doubt it's too late, since Tarot seemed to tell him that he was NOT to take it off when inside the temple. Sure, she got distracted when she thought Peanut wasn't paying attention, but the gist was to not remove hat when in temple. Not that the hat won't work when put on late in the temple.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Nah, I think it's more he hasn't decided at all. becoming the 'DM' would make him too OP'd. If you look at it from another perspective, try remembering what he said he'd pick Originally, and then try and see what he's going to do with a Class that may or may not have a Healer Base, only one that also has a good Offensive ability or more.
Angel?
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Nah, I think it's more he hasn't decided at all. Becoming the 'DM' would make him too OP'd. If you look at it from another perspective, try remembering what he said he'd pick Originally, and then try and see what he's going to do with a Class that may or may not have a Healer Base, only one that also has a good Offensive ability or more.
Angel?
Well, that would be awesome to imagine... Peanut, with white wings on his back, a more muscle tone, wielding a Flaming Long Sword and a shield... That would look cool.

And before you ask, this is based off what I remember as an Image of ArchAngel Michael. And yes, that would mean his power set would be based on Healing and Protection.

Still, if he doesn't go as a Full on Angel, I do remember a game which has a similar theme with one of it's many playstyles... Especially with one of the mechanized wings and it's healing roles.
Last edited by John-056 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Nah, I think it's more he hasn't decided at all. becoming the 'DM' would make him too OP'd. If you look at it from another perspective, try remembering what he said he'd pick Originally, and then try and see what he's going to do with a Class that may or may not have a Healer Base, only one that also has a good Offensive ability or more.
Angel?
Don't forget about Rufus, he's still there!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, you didn't mean like in Evangelion? Sorry, let me fix that."

*SCREEEEEEEE*
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:"Oh, you didn't mean like in Evangelion? Sorry, let me fix that."

*SCREEEEEEEE*
Unless he becomes a Chibi Angel, he won't be able to fit in the temple... And besides, would Peanut want to become one of those Ugly Blighters? Those things are nightmare fuel incarnate! Peanut wouldn't have even watched Evangelion because of how scary they are!

Seriously, they make Mass Effect Reapers look cuddly. And remember, Peanut would be going by what he's watched/experienced. Evangelion would not only be too scary with a majority of it's scenes, it's also too far out of Peanut's mental age bracket.

Also, becoming one of those ruddy things would severely hurt the party, mostly since last I checked, Angels heal themselves, not other beings! That would make Peanut not only Super OP'd, he'd not be a Healer!
Argent

Post by Argent »

I always thought the EVAs were scarier than the Angels, myself.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:I always thought the EVAs were scarier than the Angels, myself.
Heh, true. Still, like I mentioned, Peanut wouldn't be able to heal anything but himself... And even if he's a Smol EVA, he'd still be OP'd and I feel the Temple's Deep Levels would compensate by getting tougher... Which would also mean Grape, Max and Res may end up getting Maimed.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I was thinking more of the temple accidentally turning him into the wrong kind of angel. Then it couldn't turn him back through the AT field.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Argent wrote:wrong kind of angel.
So, he turns into a non-anthro white bunny with anger management issues?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Ok, I don't get the reference.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Angel Bunny.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Argent wrote:
Angel?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Buster wrote:
nah he turns into a hot vampire that doesn't sparkle
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Buster wrote:
Since when did Angel Bunny come with an AT field?