D-Rock

2017/05/24 - Queue And Eh

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/05/24 - Queue And Eh ]
Title Text:
"Actually it has to be a hat"
"Well I have a William Shatner mask at home"
"Wouldn't that make you look like Michael Meyers?"
"Uh no, I still have the uniform, Austin Powers never dressed up like a trekkie"

Always read the terms of service. That's how they get you with microtransactions, mandatory wait times, and pop-up ads.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: 2017/05/24 - Queue And Eh

Post by Sleet »

LARP with microtransactions? Man, that would suck. :p
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

... That´s the party ? ... Are Jack and/or Poncho coming ?
Last edited by Gbr23 on Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Alright, Dallas and Lester.

Our resident Trekkie in a Next Gen costume. And he's a commander.

I wonder what his final costume will be.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Lieutenant Commander Dallas
isn’t phased by the thought of cross-genre mapping,
In this world of wizards and warlocks
he won’t be the one ever caught napping.
Rez is happy, a smile emerges
as Peanut tries to convince his sister too.
He knows she’ll love it – probably
but, either way, she’ll see it through.
Watch the contracts issued by Jack,
they may not be worth the paper they’re written on.
The wizards and ‘wiches sign their lives
and their chance of recompense is gone.
Come one, come all, proceed to our tune,
it probably won't result in your doom...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

these are exactly the characters I figured would show up
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great to see Joey and his friends again. :)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

three gold pips means Commander... but commanders of that generation always wore red or blue (with the only instance of blue i'm aware of being a doctor), never yellow.
:geek:
The Nerd is not strong with that one. Lieutenant commander (two gold, one black) would have made more sense.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

Oh my goodness, I'm sooooo excited for how this is going to play out now. Not only is Res back, but my favourite group of nerds is back together! (Especially Dallas, he's a cutie)

I'm not sure if what they dressed up for will apply to the rules of the temple very well though. Can any of them cast light?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Buster wrote:three gold pips means Commander... but commanders of that generation always wore red or blue (with the only instance of blue i'm aware of being a doctor), never yellow.
The Nerd is not strong with that one. Lieutenant commander (two gold, one black) would have made more sense.
Well Actually :geek:
Memory Alpha lists several Starfleet commanders that served in the operations division.

Commander Peter Harkins was even seen on screen in the Voyager episode "Pathfinder". Although he was wearing the later variant of the uniform with the solid grey jacket over a yellow shirt.

Yeah, I know. I go to prove a point and the only example I can find is in one season 6 Voyager episode.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

Also, please sign here releasing temple crashers llc from liability should you die at the hands of some horrible beast that was conjured up to protect this temple. Also, temple crashers llc cannot be held responsible if your mind possibly implodes from an encounter with a nine tailed fox named Kitsune.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

From the looks of things, it's going to be Res's Party vs. Joey's Party. I'm pumped :3

Res and Dallas will be the healers
Joey and Grape are the DPS (Ha!)
Lester and Peanut are the tanks.

Though Lester doesn't look like he's tanking. He's going to be one of those guys that charges everything, isn't he? :|
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Bandit1990 wrote:
Buster wrote:three gold pips means Commander... but commanders of that generation always wore red or blue (with the only instance of blue i'm aware of being a doctor), never yellow.
Memory Alpha lists several Starfleet commanders that served in the operations division.

Commander Peter Harkins was even seen on screen in the Voyager episode "Pathfinder". Although he was wearing the later variant of the uniform with the solid grey jacket over a yellow shirt.

Yeah, I know. I go to prove a point and the only example I can find is in one season 6 Voyager episode.
Wrong generation of uniform. Starfleet is extremely inconsistent between generations, what is true for one often isn't for the others.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm certain he's wearing the same uniform Data uses on the bridge ~ Science and operating officer. Can't remember if Geordi wore it with the neck collar out as much.

Although i said he's a healer, either Joey or Dallas could function as the medic on the team giving the circumstances of the rules they are applying to their group.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dallas is looking particularly cute today, moreso than usual.
VoidGaming404 wrote:Also, please sign here releasing temple crashers llc from liability should you die at the hands of some horrible beast that was conjured up to protect this temple. Also, temple crashers llc cannot be held responsible if your mind possibly implodes from an encounter with a nine tailed fox named Kitsune.
Great Kitsune. Kitsune just means "fox".

But fox is a husky.

Never mind.

Dallas is gonna be amazed if that phaser actually works in the temple.

"And then I tapped my communicator and asked to be beamed up, and the next thing I knew I was talking to this giant whale which is totally not canon!"
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

Well, At least Dallas ain't wearing a Red Starfleet Uniform. :P
We all know how that works out when you wear a red one.
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

On another topic, I wouldn't worry too much about that court martial. I don't think Keene actually has the authority to do that, or at least to impose real legal consequences.

Can pets in this universe even sign binding contracts?

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ok, good choice, Res. ;) I agree with Peanut. :) Eheh, where there's RP to play, those nerds of Joey and his friends couldn't miss. :D Don't worry, Joey, that's part of the game. :P Temple Crasher? Are they going to do RP in the temple?
House42

Post by House42 »

GameCobra wrote:He's going to be one of those guys that charges everything, isn't he? :|
Never underestimate the power of a bum-rush strategy. After all, it is a celebrated tactic used by the most enduring legends of all time, like Leeroy Jenkins and the Light Brigade.
RacingCheetahz

Post by RacingCheetahz »

GameCobra wrote:From the looks of things, it's going to be Res's Party vs. Joey's Party. I'm pumped :3

Though Lester doesn't look like he's tanking. He's going to be one of those guys that charges everything, isn't he? :|
First off don't split characters into 3 roles like that.

Second off I disagree on the roles given to most of the pets.
I see Grape as a direct damage burst, Res as an AOE DPS,Peanut as a well rounded support,Joey as the healer,Dallas as a weird marksman kind of thing,and Lester as the tank.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

RacingCheetahz wrote:Peanut as a well rounded support
Well rounded support? This is the Dog who was taking point-blank photos of a giant, sabre-tooth, feline because HE DIDN'T THINK HE WAS IN DANGER FROM A GIANT, SABRE-TOOTH, FELINE???
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bandit1990 wrote:On another topic, I wouldn't worry too much about that court martial. I don't think Keene actually has the authority to do that, or at least to impose real legal consequences.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I wonder what role Squeak will play? Will she be useful or just get underfoot, hem hem...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RacingCheetahz wrote:
GameCobra wrote:From the looks of things, it's going to be Res's Party vs. Joey's Party. I'm pumped :3

First off don't split characters into 3 roles like that.

Second off I disagree on the roles given to most of the pets.
I see Grape as a direct damage burst, Res as an AOE DPS,Peanut as a well rounded support,Joey as the healer,Dallas as a weird marksman kind of thing,and Lester as the tank.
Why? o_O

I doubt the pets would want all of the roles to not be covered. And Res doesn't look like a killer ~ unless he secretly wants to vent out his frustration on some poor monsters O_o
Grape seems to be into bows as well as brooms. A Ranger class sounds fitting for her. Peanut has pointed out he likes to try a Paladin a long time ago.
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

And then, a player has disconnected, lag spikes, high ping, flame chat. It's going to be a nightmare in there.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

GameCobra wrote:I'm certain he's wearing the same uniform Data uses on the bridge ~ Science and operating officer. Can't remember if Geordi wore it with the neck collar out as much.
No, the gray coat was part of the uniform redesign. the one in the comic is a TNG era uniform. which came in three designs; no collar, collared, and switched shoulder/shirt colors. at first variant 3 was only for cadets and station personel, but by the time DS9 & Voyager rolled around, variant 3 had replaced the first two for the most part, though variant 2 were still seen in some places. then after the movies were made they ALL got replaced by the 'gray coat' version based on the uniforms from First Contact.

the uniform in the comic is clearly the Pre-redesign variant 2 Operations Officer uniform, which I, despite having seen every TNG & DS9 episode multiple times, can't recall ever seeing on a commander.

Also Geordi, Warf, and Data are all Lieutenant Commanders, not full Commanders at the point in the time line those uniforms were in use.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I believe I mentioned that. Ah, yes. Line 1.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

which goes back to my origional point, Dallas' collar pips (three gold) are those of a Commander, not a Lieutenant Commander.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Buster wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:

Wrong generation of uniform. Starfleet is extremely inconsistent between generations, what is true for one often isn't for the others.
maybe he recieved a field promotion, earning the pips before the uniform.
or maybe he prefers the original series and doesn't know how that works but his owner bought the wrong costume so he didn't notice the innaccuracy.
or most likely: Rick didn't do enough research into how the uniforms are supposed to work.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RacingCheetahz

Post by RacingCheetahz »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
RacingCheetahz wrote:Peanut as a well rounded support
Well rounded support? This is the Dog who was taking point-blank photos of a giant, sabre-tooth, feline because HE DIDN'T THINK HE WAS IN DANGER FROM A GIANT, SABRE-TOOTH, FELINE???
Who said support is only about heals?
Like Peanut seems to me like the kind of guy who would put status effects on everything. Also crazy supports are fun, think Medic from Team Fortress 2.

Also GameCobra, Res came to escape obligation not to get more of it. Also he probably doesn't think the monsters are real, he probably thinks they're things that only super rich people can afford such as disposable robots.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RacingCheetahz wrote:Who said support is only about heals?
Like Peanut seems to me like the kind of guy who would put status effects on everything. Also crazy supports are fun, think Medic from Team Fortress 2.

Also GameCobra, Res came to escape obligation not to get more of it. Also he probably doesn't think the monsters are real, he probably thinks they're things that only super rich people can afford such as disposable robots.
While there is certainly no set stone for this in this adventure they are going on, i'm certain they will have to fall onto the traditional roleplaying stat elements eventually. And Res doesn't have to feel obligated unless he's forced into a role he doesn't like.
Argent

Post by Argent »

justacritic wrote:And then, a player has disconnected, lag spikes, high ping, flame chat. It's going to be a nightmare in there.
LESTER WILL YOU PLEASE STOP AGGROING THE GARGOYLES!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:maybe he received a field promotion, earning the pips before the uniform.
or maybe he prefers the original series and doesn't know how that works but his owner bought the wrong costume so he didn't notice the inaccuracy.
or most likely: Rick didn't do enough research into how the uniforms are supposed to work.
A or B might be viable, but I dunno about C... the mistake falling on rick rather than the character seems a little far fetched.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Since everyone's discussing rank pips, I'd just like to say the first version of the admirals' uniforms from TNG, and the accompanying rank badge, are my favorite from that series. :b

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

GameCobra wrote:Though Lester doesn't look like he's tanking. He's going to be one of those guys that charges everything, isn't he? :|
Isn't that what the tank is supposed to do?
Shockey Rai wrote:Well, At least Dallas ain't wearing a Red Starfleet Uniform. :P
In the original series, yes, but in Next Generation, after which Dallas' uniform is modeled, command/helm personnel wore red; gold is the color of engineering, security, and operations. It was the other way around in the original series, so Dallas is, in essence, wearing a red shirt.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Naro Rivers wrote:
Shockey Rai wrote:Well, At least Dallas ain't wearing a Red Starfleet Uniform. :P
In the original series, yes, but in Next Generation, after which Dallas' uniform is modeled, command/helm personnel wore red; gold is the color of engineering, security, and operations. It was the other way around in the original series, so Dallas is, in essence, wearing a red shirt.
except as far as I know the red shirt curse never applied to any higher ranked officers (or just no named officers) so the pips means he isn't gonna die
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Tell that to Lt. Yar, Ltj. Van Mayter, Ltj. Aster, Ltj. Monroe, Ens. Corelki, Lt. Hagler, and several others.

there are PLENTY of non-crewman fatalities even in the 24th century. They're just evenly distributed between the branches rather than almost all operations branch and a bit less frequent overall.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Not to mention moments like the Jem'ha'dah destroying the U.S.S. Odyssesy, a Galaxy class starship.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

come to think of it, galaxy class get destroyed more often than any other class...

maybe red shirt syndrome just upgraded?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Galaxy Class Syndrome.