2016/12/2 - The Terror That Wags In The Night

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

2016/12/2 - The Terror That Wags In The Night

Post by Hlaoroo »

[2016/12/02 - The Terror That Wags In The Night]
Title Text: why was I the one moving it anyhow

What is a credenza and could it have stopped Mungo anyway? Also Mungo's face is just too adorable in that last panel! *squees*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Saturn381

Re: 2016/12/2 - The Terror That Wags In The Night

Post by Saturn381 »

Gotta love how Mungo is still friendly, even when he's busting in. :lol:

Also, I'm gonna bet that he's is going to give Fox one more chance in the next strip.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

HE'S HERE !

ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
kinamiya

Post by kinamiya »

i don't think he would just be mad at everyone...its mungo....
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

A Credenza is a sideboard, Hlaroo.

Danger carries a smiling face,
Looking down, full of grace
After putting pulses up a pace
He’s arrived.
Cats and dogs running scared,
Claws unclenched, teeth bared
Their getaway thought shared
He’s entered.
Shadow bursts to black furred life
His pleasant nature belies the strife
Welcome to the Babylon nightlife
Officer Mungo.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

Beware the Nice Ones...

I don't think Mungo's getting stuck in that door.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Is it me or does Mungo and Sabrina have the same eye and fur colour? I've just noticed.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

kinamiya wrote:i don't think he would just be mad at everyone...its mungo....
I think he would be just mad with Fox if anything.

Also...he really DOES wag his tail....so does it make him happy to kick in doors? Maybe it help him to let some steam out.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:Breaking and entering without a warrant is illegal, Mr. By-The-Book Monster Pup!
Hot Pursuit?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Xane wrote:Breaking and entering without a warrant is illegal, Mr. By-The-Book Monster Pup!
Not if you have probable cause, which he does!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Hlaoroo wrote:
What is a credenza and could it have stopped Mungo anyway?[/color]
Yes SHE could've stopped Mungo. Credenza is the savior of the entire Archipelago, the Dragonfly's chosen, carrier of the Soul Key, tamer of were-sharks, dragons and jabberwockies.

...:P
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

What breaking and entering? He just knocked so hard, the door fell over
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

Backlash wrote:
What breaking and entering? He just knocked so hard, the door fell over
I wonder if the budget for the police department has a line item under K9PD that just says: "Doors (and the destruction thereof)"
Frank

Post by Frank »

Oh Mungo don't ever change

*realizes he's only known Mungo for this one arc*
Rick, how do you do that?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

Talk about Mood Whiplash there. XD
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
Gregourii

Post by Gregourii »

1. It wouldn't be Mungo without a few doors and/or walls being smashed open.
2. Actually, US vs Santana deemed that an officer CAN pursue a suspect if the suspect runs during a lawful arrest in a public place. http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-supreme-court/427/38.html
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

First thing that hit me upon seeing this page x3
Attachments
MungoSmash.png
MungoSmash.png (203.41 KiB) Viewed 15856 times
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

Kinda reminds me of Bewear from Pokémon Sun and Moon for some reason, maybe the whole 'cute and cuddly but could easily crush you and is being presented in a semi-intimidating manner' thing.
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Is anyone else bothered by Mr. "Its the law and the law is the only thing that matters even when its wrong no matter what" just violently forced his way into a house that he cant prove fox is in with no warrant in hand?

also Mungo is the koolaid man.

Last edited by Adoring Fan on Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

They're desperately trying to block the door, but, he arrived... :? Aaaaahhh-Aww! Mungo is always so cute! :D And the door is broken... :| It's useless, he continued to break everything ahead him. :P Looking ahead at how this story will end, and if Mungo will pay all the damages. ;)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Adoring Fan wrote:Is anyone else bothered by Mr. "Its the law and the law is the only thing that matters even when its wrong no matter what" just violently forced his way into a house that he cant prove fox is in with no warrant in hand?
Well Fox DID helped a suspect to flee and is now hiding with said suspect in a house and they try to hold him out.
The thing about Mungo being so strict by the book....I'm not sure, he did delayed the whole procedure when Fox asked him to.
Also I'm sure Fox will be smart enough to use the whole "no warrant" thing against Mungo if he needs too.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

gamepopper wrote:Is it me or does Mungo and Sabrina have the same eye and fur colour? I've just noticed.
Sabrina's fur colour is darker. The eyes look quite the same though.
---
Wow, we've had a lot of convenient lightning stikes.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

HellishK9 wrote:Wow, we've had a lot of convenient lightning stikes.
Tarot's house is magic like that.
Adoring Fan wrote:Is anyone else bothered by Mr. "Its the law and the law is the only thing that matters even when its wrong no matter what" just violently forced his way into a house that he cant prove fox is in with no warrant in hand?
He doesn't need a warrant as he's engaged in an active pursuit and they can trust he DOES know Fox is in there as he's just followed his scent straight to the door.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Mungo is not playing the Lawful Stupid role here. While yes, something is clearly off about Sasha, Fox is completely out of line. Disregarding procedure, obstruction, helping a suspect escape...

Fox is way beyond the Cowboy Cop point.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

He looks sooo adorable! He is the cutest superhuman dog ever.
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

Mungo is the terror you look forward to.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Spoiler: This is actually a crazed killer who looks exactly like Mungo.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

IceKitsune wrote:He looks sooo adorable! He is the cutest superhuman dog ever.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Naro Rivers wrote:
Mungo is not playing the Lawful Stupid role here. While yes, something is clearly off about Sasha, Fox is completely out of line. Disregarding procedure, obstruction, helping a suspect escape...

Cowboy cop is the exact role he is playing right now.

Mungo may not be mustache-twirlingly evil in his actions but he is very clearly blinded by his view, and, if history is of any value that tends to be even worse. He has broken into a private, residence, destroyed property (a fence and a door that we know of), and while he may be persueing a suspect he has no actual evidence that hes in -that- house. We cant really even say that he would go there because he knows fox because he only met him earlier this very day (or 6 months ago irl.... This ark has gone on forever). As far as scent? its possible but then that is foxes neighborhood so that should be everywhere.

Mungo needs to loose his badge. :twisted:
Image Image
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Adoring Fan wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:

Mungo may not be mustache-twirlingly evil in his actions but he is very clearly blinded by his view, and, if history is of any value that tends to be even worse. He has broken into a private, residence, destroyed property (a fence and a door that we know of), and while he may be persueing a suspect he has no actual evidence that hes in -that- house. We cant really even say that he would go there because he knows fox because he only met him earlier this very day (or 6 months ago irl.... This ark has gone on forever). As far as scent? its possible but then that is foxes neighborhood so that should be everywhere.

The Cowboy Cop actually gets stuff done and has the goal of solving the case by following the evidence. Fox's motivation is keeping Sasha out of it (despite that being entirely impossible at this point). I'm all for loyalty to one's friends, but Fox takes it to the point where he doesn't appear to care about anything but holding onto that friendship at all costs, whether the friend is a good person or not. He has shown this behavio(u)r before with Bino.

Mungo likely doesn't really know Sasha and only has Fox's word that she doesn't act like this normally (as opposed to actual evidence; Fox's actions have also ruined his credibility in Mungo's eyes), while all of the evidence he has seen up to this point aims a big flashing arrow directly at Sasha's head. She even confessed to trashing the limo's undercarriage. Now, we (the viewers) know that Sasha is acting weird even for her, but to any real cop, she would look pretty doggone guilty.

It's a reasonable assumption, given his physical prowess and how little time there was between their arrivals, that Mungo stayed close enough to not lose visual for more than a few seconds at a time (i.e. whenever Fox jumped another fence, assuming there were multiple fences) before Fox ducked into the D'Angelo house. Therefore, it's also reasonable to assume that he watched Fox enter the house.

In short, Mungo is acting like a cop; Fox, while correct about something being off about Sasha, is acting arguably in defiance of police procedure in a desperate attempt to avoid feeling betrayed by another friend.

The sad thing is that everyone probably would have been better off had Fox just let Mungo bring her in for questioning. At least two of the other dogs know her and would probably agree that she's acting out of character. Instead, he is displaying an extreme lack of faith in the system and his fellow officers.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Adoring Fan wrote:
Naro Rivers wrote:

You seem to be not considering many factors into this scenario.
Firstly, it is notable that Sasha is acting off, but that's from both our and Fox's perspective. Mungo has no idea, and even if this were to be suspicious the most efficient way of finding the truth would be to simply take the person in for questioning. It doesn't even ensure any harm to her, it just gets her involved. There's still more people involved in this than just her, she couldn't take full punishment anyway.

Secondly, why on earth should Mungo trust Fox? Fox has made a TERRIBLE first impression as an officer, and has indeed gone out of his way to break the rules of being a cop. RICK HIMSELF MADE A POINT THAT WHAT FOX WAS DOING WITH THE TAPE WAS WRONG. :lol: The only reason WE trust him now is because we already know about the weird stuff that happens in Babylon Gardens. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that it was nothing mystical at all and this was just a way of showing how far Fox was going with this.

And most importantly, on the note of Mungo's destruction, he is a gag character. His strength and damage done are just used as a joke, exaggerating the power of the character. Nothing he does is supposed to be taken seriously. Granted, this is Housepets! so even then it might be revealed that Mungo DOES get in trouble for all the property damage, but considering they literally set him lose on this case (or wait were they both already breaking the rules just by visiting Sasha's dad?) so I assume they knew what would result :P .

Plus, something I was always taught as a kid cause I live in an urban area of LA; if the police are outside looking for someone (usually with a helicopter and a light), DON'T LOOK OUTSIDE AT THEM. From their perspective, you are being suspicious as all heck, and could be harboring the criminal at hand. Looking outside will just waste your and the police's time.
Peanut clearly never learned this. :)
ImageImageImageImage
TwoManyTwos

Post by TwoManyTwos »

Why am I only now reminded of Anteres and Aldebaran?
Rise, my army of mangos, and ruin their cleanliness!
Frank

Post by Frank »

IceKitsune wrote:He looks sooo adorable! He is the cutest superhuman dog ever.
supercanine!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010