2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt

Post by D-Rock »

[2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt ]
Title Text: I didn't NOT do it if it helps.

I think I'm scared.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

Re: 2016/10/26 - Of Rivers and Egypt

Post by Douglas Collier »

Where's the real Sasha??! :o
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

What did that obedience training do to her?
Urocyon

Post by Urocyon »

Now I'm absolutely sure that's NOT Sasha...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Very certain that's Sasha.

She's acting like someone just signed her life away.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Actually...

...I think Sasha WANTS to be in the pound.
Douglas Collier

Now I don't think I like where this is going even more. :?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Something’s wrong, scary and awry;
No way Sasha thought this on the fly.
Someone’s skilled at mental manipulation;
Someone skilled in evading their detection.
Fox is right, she’s answering strangely.
her answers making her come off derangedly;
answering her questions automatically
continuing her storyline retrospectively.
Fox has forgot cop rule number one,
even above ‘Dogs can’t have a gun’
He’s forgot to ask the big one, by and by...
He’s forgot the big question is ‘why’?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

I agree with Macsen. If Sasha goes to the pound, she gets away from her abusive owner.
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

#SAVESASHA from herself! She has to be brainwashed, I hope.

Fox's expressions in this comic are great -- I hope this dialog continues and he is able to snap her out of this somehow.

also #SAVEMUNGO
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

I'm certain Sasha's eyes weren't always that pink. I'm saying possession or shape shifter. Maybe even a possessed shape shifter.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Douglas Collier wrote:Now I don't think I like where this is going even more. :?
There are two plausible causes here.

1) Obedience training became a brainwashing exercise from forces that want Keene out of the way.

2) Obedience training was genuine, but it triggered her to act out as a cry for help to get away from her abusive owner.

Considering how she's acting, I'm more inclined to believe #2.
Douglas Collier

AlyxVixen wrote:I agree with Macsen. If Sasha goes to the pound, she gets away from her abusive owner.
But he could just pick her up again and punish her.
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

OK, after studying the past strips leading up to this one, this is what I deduced:

-Sasha isn't under mind control (Look at the sky in this strip - https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... c-victory/ - note that it is roughly evening. Thus, the lighting is making her fur look a shade darker) by the pink husky girl

-Now looking at this strip - https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -evidence/ - and comparing it to today's strip, I did notice that Sasha is missing the heart shape on her leg. What I think is going on is that the Sasha in the video is the real Sasha and this one is a impersonator of sorts. Recall how Sasha is currently acting: She addresses Fox as "Officer" and not "Fox" and she acts all giddy over the fact that she attempted murder. Based on how Sasha acted in the past, this is unusual for her which is leading me to think that this is, in fact, Fake-Sasha and the real one is somewhere else.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Douglas Collier wrote:
AlyxVixen wrote:I agree with Macsen. If Sasha goes to the pound, she gets away from her abusive owner.
But he could just pick her up again and punish her.
Not necessarily.

The pound, in this universe, acts as a jail for dogs. Timed sentences are given, and it's possible she could use incarceration as a way to ask to get away from her owner.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ok ok, the only logical explanation is that someone in the obidience thing brainwashed Sasha.

... right ?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Douglas Collier

Ok, R-Rick, you've done a great job scaring us for this Halloween, so c-can we have a much lighter arc next, p-please? :oops:
kinamiya

Post by kinamiya »

oh dear.....
after this i expect that is beacause obedience training or some kind of mind control thing...........right?......RIGHT?!?!?!????
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

I have a feeling on the next comic -- Fox is losing it, he is right up in her face. My guess is he breaks down and admits his feelings (maybe that breaks the 'spell'), and then someone he did not want to hear that, shows up and hears it.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

This isn't Sasha. Her body language, eyes, expression and the fact that she didn't recognize Fox just scream 'Imposter'. Someone, likely the canid infront of Fox, is trying to ruin Sasha's life and likely prevent the Rights for Pets to be on the same level as humans to even be signed.

I think that because what would be the best way to prevent Pets from having the rights of Humans? Have a Pet murder, or attempt to murder, the one who's fighting to give them the same rights as humans. That would result in negative press for many of them, resulting in the pets never having any freedom or rights afterwards, no matter what the Miltons do.
Gbr23 wrote:Ok ok, the only logical explanation is that someone in the obidience thing brainwashed Sasha.

... right ?
If you want my opinion, this isn't Sasha. It's someone who LOOKS like her, but isn't her. The obvious clue is in the previous comic. Sasha's missing the Heart-shaped mark on her Right Hip, and is noted to call Fox, 'Officer'. If this truly were Sasha, she would have called him 'Foxy-Bon', regardless of rank or job.

Another is that, if this WAS Sasha, the second panel would have had her tail wagging, or wiggling slightly. It's stock still in that scene. Sasha always wags her tail when she strikes a glamorous pose. Since the tail is just hanging up with no movement, this isn't Sasha. It's someone who looks like her but isn't her.

Just wait, The next scene will have her run off, Fox giving chase and running into the REAL Sasha, followed by the arrest of an Innocent Person. That, or this Impostor has the real Sasha under lock and key, and when discovered, would attempt to terminate both the ones who find Sasha, and her prisoner...

Hang on... Now that I think about it... Blank, Dead eyes? Seemingly uncaring nature? Un-Lively postures? Single Mistake on body? Chance that the real Sasha is elsewhere? Rick... Are you referencing the D-Reaper Agent from Digimon Tamers?! :o
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Okay everyone, before we get too into the brainwashing, remember:
SeanWolf wrote: -Now looking at this strip - https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -evidence/ - and comparing it to today's strip, I did notice that Sasha is missing the heart shape on her leg. What I think is going on is that the Sasha in the video is the real Sasha and this one is a impersonator of sorts.
At first I thought the missing birthmark was either a mistake or Rick moved/removed it, but he not only keeps it in the surveillance, he makes sure it is the hip with the mark that is shown even after the mark is gone. This shows Rick is really trying to emphasize that this can't be the real Sasha not just brainwashing or mind control!!
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Alright, that does it. This has officially upgraded from “acting a little out of character” to “no blanking way am I buying this.” That’s not Sasha. That’s someone impersonating her, someone possessing her, someone who wants Keene dead and wants Sasha to take the fall for it, but that's not Sasha herself.

I'm hoping this is an evil twin or something, because if this frameup is indeed supernatural in origin, there’s virtually no way to clear Sasha’s name by worldly legal means. They clearly got her on camera, that’s pretty much an ironclad case.
Last edited by leinglo on Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bengali108

Post by Bengali108 »

I would like to bring everyone's attention to the eyes. Every one of the other characters have a pupil in each of their eyes - including Sasha herself (Ref: My Bolongna has a First Name). In the latest comic, her eyes have none. The only time I remember seeing a character with solid eyes but still having eyes but still having whites in their eyes are when Pete was having Bailey sign the contract to become his white avenger. I think hypnotism had the same result, but I can't remember instances in the past. Along with the evidence provided in regards to the birthmark, it is my guess that it is probably another demi-god of sorts that had shape shifted.

Interesting idea: What if Sasha has a demi-god friend that saw what Sasha did and is trying to take her place in jail, therefore protecting her?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

That last panel is missing a well needed *HONK!* :P

Though continuing my theory from before: It might really not be just a mental snap, and this is just an imposter. Even if she mentally snapped, she'd still be more "excited" and bubbly about what she did. Here, she's clearly proud of it, but way too chill about it at the same time. Both in her motions and expressions. And I know that insane people are probably some of the best "actors" in the sense that they can act one way, and then suddenly another at the drop at a dime and be completely convincing that they might be sane, but she's really acting like a completely different person. Her personality is completely gone, left without a trace, it really can't be her.

Then again, the brainwash theory people are talking about would explain that, as it can be INCREDIBLY effective if done right, and make the victim a completely different person. This actually is done in real life more than one would think. And this IS the first time we've heard of these "obedience classes", here's to hoping Fox will be smart enough to go back to Mr. Hartford for more questioning on these classes.
ImageImageImageImage
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Anyone besides me thinks by her face and reaction at the Joker?
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I'm wondering if this is either an imposter like others have said, or Fox is having some sort of paranoid nightmare right now.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Another difference, guys and girls. This "Sasha" doesn't have her ears pierced like the real Sasha. I just noticed that. It's looking more and more as though we have an imposter on our paws.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Douglas Collier

Come on, Fox, you're a dog! Use your nose! Nothing can fool a dog's nose!
silver16

Post by silver16 »

Yeah, that's not Sasha. If that's Sasha then something is EXTREMELY wrong with her, and I'm going with the brainwash idea. :|
“Don’t worry if it doesn’t work right. If everything did, you’d be out of a job.”
- Mosher’s Law of Software Engineering
House42

Post by House42 »

Of Rivers and Egypt... Of. Rivers. And. Egypt...
*audible sound of a penny dropping*
Oh, I get it now! Clever :lol:

On a more relevant note, I still maintain this Sasha is a doppelganger and that Mungo is going to bust out of Jessica's door with an "OH YEAH!" (figuaratively, at least).
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Mistacheeeez wrote:Okay everyone, before we get too into the brainwashing, remember:
SeanWolf wrote: -Now looking at this strip - https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -evidence/ - and comparing it to today's strip, I did notice that Sasha is missing the heart shape on her leg. What I think is going on is that the Sasha in the video is the real Sasha and this one is a impersonator of sorts.
At first I thought the missing birthmark was either a mistake or Rick moved/removed it, but he not only keeps it in the surveillance, he makes sure it is the hip with the mark that is shown even after the mark is gone. This shows Rick is really trying to emphasize that this can't be the real Sasha not just brainwashing or mind control!!
That seems like the most likely explanation to me. It's as if someone tried to copy Sasha but got a few of the details wrong (hip mark, lack of ear piercings.) But that only begs the question: what was the *real* Sasha doing at the docks?

Also - any thoughts on the title of this strip? I enjoy all of the references Rick likes to work into his titles, but this one has me a bit stumped. I *think* 'River of Egypt' might be a biblical reference to falsehoods in general, but I'm not really sure.
Douglas Collier

anhedral wrote:Also - any thoughts on the title of this strip? I enjoy all of the references Rick likes to work into his titles, but this one has me a bit stumped. I *think* 'River of Egypt' might be a biblical reference to falsehoods in general, but I'm not really sure.
Fox is in deNile.
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

Douglas Collier wrote:
anhedral wrote:Also - any thoughts on the title of this strip? I enjoy all of the references Rick likes to work into his titles, but this one has me a bit stumped. I *think* 'River of Egypt' might be a biblical reference to falsehoods in general, but I'm not really sure.
Fox is in deNile.
Aaargh, of course! I'm just over-thinking things, as per usual. *Bangs head against table, reaches for the coffee.*

Oh, and thank you, kind sir!
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

No, Fox... Just stop... She clearly did it... She has told You face to face... Just accept it... Please?

Ugh, 10 Years of experience commanding Team Eagle in the great woods didn't pay off as it should have.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Gbr23 wrote:Ok ok, the only logical explanation is that someone in the obidience thing brainwashed Sasha.

... right ?
I guess so or she is really a shapeshifter or...she really wants to go to jail? She really seems to be aware what she is doing. So...I'm at a loss for words, but I really now want to know how it ends.

Still I like this arc, it's very tense, it's been a while since I wanted to know what would happen next :mrgreen:
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

...Ok, something is definitely wrong here. Sure, Sasha may be an airhead, but this...this is a bit more than airheadedness; it's like she's actively enjoying confessing to attempted murder and watching Fox squirm as his grip on reality begins to break. And that look in her eyes is a bit off.

I don't think this is possession - because Sasha's eyes were always pink, and possession is typically indicated by a change in the irises in this universe. It could be the pink dog in Heaven, but I don't really see any sort of motive for her; Sasha isn't Fox's girlfriend, and even if she was, the pink dog was perfectly fine with sharing Fox with the green one up there, so it can't be an "only I can have you" thing.

This would leave either brainwashing or doppelganger and I can see either one of these being the case. A lot of people have made a number of good points towards it being a lookalike (such as this Sasha missing the brown heart-shaped mark on her right thigh/hip)...but this seems like a conclusion that's entirely out of left field. Not to mention that it doesn't explain why her eyes are so deliberately weird. If it were a lookalike, then wouldn't the eyes look normal?

I'm leaning a bit more toward the "obedience training is a brainwashing scheme" theory. It makes a bit more sense given what we presently know, and ties in well enough with the obedience training mentions throughout the arc so far.

Although, this is Rick we're talking about. It's possible that the truth to this mystery is something entirely different from either of those three.
Badger

Post by Badger »

Some people have been mentioning that this 'Sasha' that - along with missing her 'not a cutie mark' - is also missing her ear piercing. While I am totally on board with the idea that this is an impostor of Sasha and is not really her, I would like to show that the last time that Sasha has been seen outside of this arc (as far as I can tell) is in this strip https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ondegreen/ which, notably, Sasha is lacking her ear piercing as well. It could be just because she was on stage but it was something that I noticed.

Also, in that strip we can see Sasha's eye (along with the faint outline of her face) behind her hair tuff showing that it is simply a stylistically choice and doesn't mean anything important...I think.

This is my first time ever posting here on the forums even thought I've been following them for a long time. I just wanted to try to find the last time we have seen Sasha hoping it would be in this new style so that we could compare to today's comic. Sadly, Sasha's eyes are to small to see in Lady in Mondegreen but I am pretty sure the eye style that she currently has in this strip is a clear sign that something is really up.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Hlaoroo wrote:Another difference, guys and girls. This "Sasha" doesn't have her ears pierced like the real Sasha. I just noticed that. It's looking more and more as though we have an imposter on our paws.
She didn't on the new year's stripe either, I think it's just a style change.

Now that I notice, she isn't showing her heart mark on that stripe or her eyes' colour either!
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I feel like we're gonna be in for one BIG reveal come this Halloween...
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, where's the real Sasha and who's going to rescue her?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @