Arc 30: The Present

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cerberusx

Re: Arc 30: The Present

Post by Cerberusx »

That piano looks a lot like Key's piano...
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

I hope this isn't turning into a Bino arc, with Sasha doing something meaningful in the last panel of the last strip in the arc.
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

ctcmjh wrote:I hope this isn't turning into a Bino arc, with Sasha doing something meaningful in the last panel of the last strip in the arc.
When has that ever happened?

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Ignore this
Last edited by Cerberusx on Wed May 12, 2010 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Cerberusx wrote:
ctcmjh wrote:I hope this isn't turning into a Bino arc, with Sasha doing something meaningful in the last panel of the last strip in the arc.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Nothing says I love you like a mountain of possessions you no longer want.
That's what I keep telling myself when I dump that stuff off at Goodwill.

Still waiting on some Sasha character development. Nothing here that we don't already know about her =P.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

That won't happen because what would have been the point of voting in the poll. To just troll us? I don't think Rick would do that. Edit: fixed up wording
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed May 12, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Probably a puppy-sized piano.

I wonder if he ever danced ontop of it when he was young? Man, talk about throwing good memories down the drain Bino.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe something meaningful would be dumping Bino. He has no redeeming qualities, but I still can't help but sympathize with Bino sometimes.

And I also don't get what's up with the mini-piano. Perhaps it's a reference I didn't get.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:Maybe something meaningful would be dumping Bino. He has no redeeming qualities, but I still can't help but sympathize with Bino sometimes.

And I also don't get what's up with the mini-piano. Perhaps it's a reference I didn't get.
You can't help but sympathize with Bino because Rick writes such likable characters so blame him for that. I think the Mini-piano might be a reference (if it means anything) to a Disney movie or something. Edit: or it could be a reference to Peanuts I think Schroeder's Piano was small like that or maybe I'm just over thinking it. Edit: fixed spelling mistake and some wording
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

*facepalm*

Oh, Bino.... No no no no no.... *shakes head*

This is making me think of when he was thinking about Peanut's Christmas gift.... Bino, don't ever get me a gift. Please. (Though I do wonder what the "gift" will end up being....)

(And hey, a reference to the end of the King arc, nice! :D )

I liked Maxwell's comment in the first panel, though--we haven't really seen the two of them much, have we? Certainly not since the artwork changed to the current style. I'd go for seeing more of this! :D

(By the way, Max misspelled "possessions".... :oops: )
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

ChewyChewy wrote: This is making me think of when he was thinking about Peanut's Christmas gift.... Bino, don't ever get me a gift.
the gift of regretting what he has done to Peanut.

Sasha is going to take Bino on a shopping spree at a mall as punishment.
oe, this, and this, and ... this
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Has Bino ever given a meaningful gift?

Ever?

This is my first proper post on the forums, btw.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Ah well, at least he decided to give her a gift. And as I can see, it's not a fail-gift.

But that makes me think, what would Sasha really really like?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Foldo

Post by Foldo »

Alex wrote:Ah well, at least he decided to give her a gift. And as I can see, it's not a fail-gift.

But that makes me think, what would Sasha really really like?
Maybe some "Poppies" ?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I still don't get all the Bino-hate. Sure, he's a jerk, but he's not evil. = P

That mini-grand piano looks to be much too small for someone with pawhands to play. It's cute! *goes to buy one*

If the pile of stuff with a ribbon around it is part of the gift, it's safe to say that Bino's being pretty generous (although it is, admittedly, stuff he no longer wants). Who's to say he's not also buying her something new, or at least giving something that has sentimental value?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
valerio

Post by valerio »

ancient chinese proverb:

"Give Sasha a date with Fido, you'll make her happy"
"Give Sasha a date with King, she'll learn romance"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Dissension wrote:I still don't get all the Bino-hate. Sure, he's a jerk, but he's not evil. = P

That mini-grand piano looks to be much too small for someone with pawhands to play. It's cute! *goes to buy one*

If the pile of stuff with a ribbon around it is part of the gift, it's safe to say that Bino's being pretty generous (although it is, admittedly, stuff he no longer wants). Who's to say he's not also buying her something new, or at least giving something that has sentimental value?
Bino is downright MEAN, one step before evil. I am pretty sure he'll try to ruin Fido's career by outing his affair with Sabrina, and that will be the final straw for him.
Also, this strip needs a baddie other than some predictable human. Bino is a baddie and also a source of fun for his ability to have his jokes turned on him.
Effectively, we don't know if he's going to buy something for Sasha, but as far as things went, it's a miracle Fox reminded him, since he did NOT get Sasha any present when he was due.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

valerio wrote: Bino is downright MEAN, one step before evil. I am pretty sure he'll try to ruin Fido's career by outing his affair with Sabrina, and that will be the final straw for him.
As far as I know, I not sure if Bino even knows about Fido's relationship with Sabrina. Or unless I messed something there. The only ones who know about it is Peanut and Grape.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

valerio wrote:ancient chinese proverb:

"Give Sasha a date with Fido, you'll make her happy"
Awww
valerio

Post by valerio »

As far as I know, I not sure if Bino even knows about Fido's relationship with Sabrina. Or unless I messed something there. The only ones who know about it is Peanut and Grape.
Correction: if Bino knew, he'd use that info to attack Fido. And I fear he'll learn about it...
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

Random thought time:

Bino will ask Fido for advice on what to do.
This will somehow lead to Bino finding out about Fido and Sabrina.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sinder wrote:rabid bino apologist
Thank you.

ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sleet wrote:Maybe something meaningful would be dumping Bino.
valerio wrote:ancient chinese proverb:
Yes!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

bollythewolf wrote:Random thought time:

That would make this arc focus to much on Bino its Sasha's arc. Plus I have a feeling an arc where Fido and Sabrina's relationship gets reveled is most likely coming soon. Possibly the arc that Rick talked about where he said that he had to write it before he could write a Sabrina focused arc.
valerio wrote:
Correction: if Bino knew, he'd use that info to attack Fido. And I fear he'll learn about it...
I already talked about this on poll topic if Bino found out the first thing he would do is tell everyone in the neighborhood especially if he had any sort of concrete proof. Now what would happen after that I have no real idea but I'm going with my split the neighborhood scenario.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

IceKitsune wrote:

That would make this arc focus to much on Bino its Sasha's arc. Plus I have a feeling an arc where Fido and Sabrina's relationship gets reveled is most likely coming soon. Possibly the arc that Rick talked about where he said that he had to write it before he could write a Sabrina focused arc.
Cut me a break, k? I'm new here, I've only been reading the comic for a few days, and I haven't really read much into it yet.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

bollythewolf wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:

Cut me a break, k? I'm new here, I've only been reading the comic for a few days, and I haven't really read much into it yet.
Look I'm sorry I wasn't being insulting I was just pointing out that it would make the arc to focused on Bino.
Bolly

Post by Bolly »

IceKitsune wrote:
bollythewolf wrote:Cut me a break, k? I'm new here, I've only been reading the comic for a few days, and I haven't really read much into it yet.
Look I'm sorry I wasn't being insulting I was just pointing out that it would make the arc to focused on Bino.
Dear lord I need to calm down. What I said sounded waaaaaaaaay too angry.
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

bollythewolf wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:
bollythewolf wrote:Cut me a break, k? I'm new here, I've only been reading the comic for a few days, and I haven't really read much into it yet.
Dear lord I need to calm down. What I said sounded waaaaaaaaay too angry.
Guys, relax, the people has spoken, based on the last poll, Sasha won, hands down. I believe the arc is mostly on Sasha, but Rick may add secondary and/or minor characters into the arc.
arcict

Post by arcict »

ctcmjh wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:

Reminds me of a youtube clip that featured (among other things) PeeWee Herman giving his "I DON'T KNOW!" shpeel. It was a parody that had a version of "Peewee" hunting down his previous employer and stuff... yeah, I look up some of the dumbest things on youtube.

I also kinda hope to have Joey instead of Bino, true I'm about as attentive as wind and didn't get a chance to even notice the voting topic until after it had locked but meh, I prefer Joey to Bino, at least Joey realizes he has problems to be coped with.

Some characters you like hating because you just like it, some characters you just hate like a saw blade being used as a dentistry instrument. I think Bino is something like that, he just never manages to take things from anyone's POV other then his own twisted ideals.

Kinda reminds me of... of... that paladin chick from OOTS. (I would look it up but I've got slow internet at home and mom wants me to look up something else so meh)
Everything I need to know, I learned from webcomics!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Barkeron wrote:As far as I know, I not sure if Bino even knows about Fido's relationship with Sabrina. Or unless I messed something there. The only ones who know about it is Peanut and Grape.
I would imagine that the dogs should be able to smell Sabrina on Fido. Or the cats should be able to tell that Joey smells like a dog. Or possibly that Grape smells like a girl.

I guess acute senses of smell just get in the way of proper storytelling. Either that or everyone wears a ton of perfume.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I actually enjoy seeing Bino quite often because Bino reminds me of the natural territorial type of dog.
He's mostly the type of dog i would guess that follows his instance TOO much and not his brain, and that best describes him from what i saw.

Some examples i recall are his rampant zoning issues,wanting to be better than Fido, putting down anyone he thinks that's trying to fight for his position and considering Sasha something more of a status on his part. (Dear Fido: I got a girlfriend and yoooooou don't!)

It's not to say that Bino is a bad dog, but he seems to be what you could consider a dog that just very darn well won't learn anything and i think that's what makes Bino interesting. I look at Bino as a territorial dog that just won't learn new tricks. It may come off as bad behavior, but him being naturally bad or naturally good seems to still be debatable in my opinion.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

arcict wrote:

Reminds me of a youtube clip that featured (among other things) PeeWee Herman giving his "I DON'T KNOW!" shpeel. It was a parody that had a version of "Peewee" hunting down his previous employer and stuff... yeah, I look up some of the dumbest things on youtube.

I also kinda hope to have Joey instead of Bino, true I'm about as attentive as wind and didn't get a chance to even notice the voting topic until after it had locked but meh, I prefer Joey to Bino, at least Joey realizes he has problems to be coped with.

Some characters you like hating because you just like it, some characters you just hate like a saw blade being used as a dentistry instrument. I think Bino is something like that, he just never manages to take things from anyone's POV other then his own twisted ideals.

Kinda reminds me of... of... that paladin chick from OOTS. (I would look it up but I've got slow internet at home and mom wants me to look up something else so meh)
I kind of agree with you about Bino except IMO Bino reminds me more of Mike from Shortpacked!, rather than Miko, (which is the name of the Paladin by the way) if Mike was more PG in what he did to people. The only thing that Mike and Miko have over Bino is that both of them have had Pet the Dog moments.
valerio

Post by valerio »

It's not to say that Bino is a bad dog, but he seems to be what you could consider a dog that just very darn well won't learn anything and i think that's what makes Bino interesting. I look at Bino as a territorial dog that just won't learn new tricks. It may come off as bad behavior, but him being naturally bad or naturally good seems to still be debatable in my opinion.
natural born bad with a vein of crazyness:

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/11/ ... oth-start/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/12/ ... aid-plans/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2008/09/ ... -violence/

just to cite a few...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I think a lot of the argument is subjective in nature, as are most such things. Some people think Bino's a bad dog; some of us like him. I'm sure somebody probably relates to him and thinks "That's a perfectly justified response." There comes a point, though, where I think it's necessary to stress that Bino, King, Sasha, Peanut, Grape, Joey, et al are cartoon characters.

I relate to Bino. *hugs him*

Bolly

Post by Bolly »

I like Bino...I've got no idea why, though.

He's a good character. He's more like an actual dog than any of the others. And this moment and this moment are two of my favourite moments in the entire series.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Ebly wrote:i'm the only sane one here
Dang it, I had forgotten that strip, and somehow I still managed to quote it.

That's kind of sad.

It's Sinder's fault somehow.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

bollythewolf wrote:I like Bino...I've got no idea why, though.

He's a good character. He's more like an actual dog than any of the others. And this moment and this moment are two of my favourite moments in the entire series.
How do you mean, he's more like an actual dog than any of the others? :?

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Tiny piano. Pure awesome, reminds me of Charlie Brown's friend with the piano.

Also, this seems to me like reason Bino can be careing! He could spend a relitively small amount on a gift but instead he is looking to pass a great gift he once recived but doesn't use as much anymore! I'm sure Bino didn't think this at all, but some people might.

Also, I found it quite cool how Bino seemed to want to be a comedian yet I doubt he has ever used one of those jokes!

Edit: oops, my bad on the book thing...still I find it cool that he wants to write a book about this through.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Ebly wrote:It's Sinder's fault somehow.
what
ImageImage
ImageImage