2015/09/28 - Dog Dogging

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

2015/09/28 - Dog Dogging

Post by Obbl »

[ Dog Dogging ]

Title Text: She didn't explain that part, said everyone finds it too confusing. *head slowly turns toward the fourth wall*

You seem a mite tense there... :?
Saturn381

Re: 2015/09/28 - Dog Dogging

Post by Saturn381 »

Poor Tarot. :(
TheBlasterizer

Post by TheBlasterizer »

Everyone else is so intrigued by that DS
My DA can be found Here!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You need to take a chill pill Tarot, everything is going to be just fine
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
WishIWasHearEarlier

Post by WishIWasHearEarlier »

Can someone please tell me the title of the book in the first panel? I am having trouble making it out.
lf you noticed a spelling or grammar error in one of my post, please notify me and l'll fix it as soon as l can.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

:shock: Wow. She's just at the end of her rope, isn't she? Feel bad for her, honestly.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Can't help but think that this is how Rick feels when fans show disdain over the Celestial Nerds :P
Just an Arc
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

*hugs the pompom*

I anticipated she'd one day just burst like this. She really had been bottling her feelings up all this time! Ahhh, I love this scene so much

EDIT: Wonder what Grape is up to right now...
Last edited by RemonyRavine on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

You can really see the beginnings of domestication in those ancient dogs - essentially wolves with curly tails. =3

It appears that Peanut is tampering with the timeline more than anything Max has said ("Us-Bone Egyptian Mythology" :lol: ). I guess he gets a pass because he's Tarot's boyfriend.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
The-J-Man

Post by The-J-Man »

Tarot...I think your rage broke.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I think the real conflict here is less to do with any real paradox and more to do with the fact that for the very first time Tarot is faced with a problem she cant immediately solve.. Clearly that simple fact is killing her emotionally. Granted that when it comes to Housepets i have learned to just roll with the story.. Every time i think its going to get too strange to take Rick turns around and makes the comic even better than it was before. That's not an easy thing to do!
Image Image
Frank

Post by Frank »

TheBlasterizer wrote:Everyone else is so intrigued by that DS
"Gasp! you have tiny monsters trapped behind that glass!"
"That's why there called Pocket Monsters"
"Oooo! what's a pocket?"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Adoring Fan wrote:I think the real conflict here is less to do with any real paradox and more to do with the fact that for the very first time Tarot is faced with a problem she cant immediately solve.. Clearly that simple fact is killing her emotionally.
This and maybe she feels responsible for get everyone stuck there.

Can't Satau just do the 4th-dimensional thinking, since he has avatar powers at the current time???

Also, is Grape at cat garrison being worshiped for her royal fur?
TheLoneReader

Post by TheLoneReader »

WishIWasHearEarlier wrote:Can someone please tell me the title of the book in the first panel? I am having trouble making it out.
US-Bone Egyptian Mythology
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

It's a shame Peanut won't get any streetpasses there... Wait, he can't even charge that 3DS there, can he?

... Oh dear.
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Dang.... :o

Peanut bro, i think its time to put down the game and go see to your girl, she's not doing too well right now :(

She could really use some support right now.
....Count on it!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and then peanut has to sit through Resetti giving him a rant about not turning his DS off without saving first...
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buster wrote:and then peanut has to sit through Resetti giving him a rant about not turning his DS off without saving first...
That's what the batteries and power packs are for.

The contents of the pack
are laid out for all to see;
Things begin with a game
and end in papyrus quality.
He grants useless knowledge
to canines and their sundry
followers and kin in time's
early stage without quandary.
Sabrina's the cool Tarot's lost
as Maxwell plays the fool he
misses the vital real problem
around. Where can Grape be?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Akkadian

Post by Akkadian »

Peanut really ought to stop breaking the spacetime continuum and go comfort his overstressed girlfriend. :(
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I think Peanut might need to provide a bit of comfort, but then he'd be away from hid game.

I think the book title is US Egypt Anatomy if people are still asking.

I had an idea that they could all sneak into the temples as mummies, but then...Neolithic era. :P
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Douglas Collier wrote:You can really see the beginnings of domestication in those ancient dogs - essentially wolves with curly tails. =3

It appears that Peanut is tampering with the timeline more than anything Max has said ("Us-Bone Egyptian Mythology" :lol: ). I guess he gets a pass because he's Tarot's boyfriend.
Well, it's like being shown the Voynich Manuscript - even if the manuscript had the secret to I don't know, faster than light travel hidden within its pages, delivered by aliens from the other side of the galaxy - it doesn't help you any because you can't understand it or decipher it. Yeah, he's showing them advanced technology, but considering he's well before the first documented instances of writing, it's not like they're comprehending anything they're being shown. Clarke's Third Law and all that.

The problem with letting Dragon know is that she WILL understand, and that has tremendous consequences. Which is why Tarot is developing an ulcer trying to figure out a solution. Poor Tarot.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Hey Tarot.
Bet you didn't see this one coming.
DID YOU?
*mean sassy expression intensifies*

But in all seriousness I feel really bad for her. I hadn't even though about how hard it's been to adapt to not being able to see every possible outcome of every situaton all of a sudden. :(
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote: Peanut is tampering with the timeline more than anything Max has said ("Us-Bone Egyptian Mythology" :lol: ). I guess he gets a pass because he's Tarot's boyfriend.
Plus the Adventures of Spot. I hope Rick gives Spot a cameo in a temple wall in a museum when they get back.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

This is going to be fun to summarize on the wikia.
Still poor Tarot, it's like going to a movie and being the only one who understood it, and having to explain it to everyone.

Also Peanut, put the DS away, you're in the BC era for goodness sake.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Buster wrote:and then peanut has to sit through Resetti giving him a rant about not turning his DS off without saving first...
But what if he killed a legendary and needs to go back to last save. Then he has an excuse.

I agree with Argent, Spot does deserve a cameo in the wall painting. Maybe Peanut could "accidently" leave his sketch book behind and have Spot immortalized as a god. The Spot comic is on the table and Peanut is distracted so..........
Hi Hi Pie
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:I agree with Argent, Spot does deserve a cameo in the wall painting. Maybe Peanut could "accidently" leave his sketch book behind and have Spot immortalized as a god. The Spot comic is on the table and Peanut is distracted so..........
Why not? In the AWFUL story 'Time-Flight', the Doctor left a Concorde in pre-historic times and got away with it...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

The-J-Man wrote:Tarot...I think your rage broke.
"I'M NOT CRAZY! YOU'RE CRAZY! ESPECIALLY YOU, NAPPA!"
"Eyyyy!"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Must be adorable in a squeaky voice. :P

I like the background events. It's cute little touches like that I like. Shows that care is being put into a comic.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Tarot needs a tummy rub in panel 1.
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Ya know I can't tell. While Tarot was "blowing off steam" there was she still chilling on her back? Im now picturing her ranting this way and its as sad as it is hilarious :lol:
Last edited by Timon64 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
....Count on it!
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

I used to have a Pom. There's that temper. :shock:
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

CosmicCoyote wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:You can really see the beginnings of domestication in those ancient dogs - essentially wolves with curly tails. =3

Well, it's like being shown the Voynich Manuscript - even if the manuscript had the secret to I don't know, faster than light travel hidden within its pages, delivered by aliens from the other side of the galaxy - it doesn't help you any because you can't understand it or decipher it. Yeah, he's showing them advanced technology, but considering he's well before the first documented instances of writing, it's not like they're comprehending anything they're being shown. Clarke's Third Law and all that.

The problem with letting Dragon know is that she WILL understand, and that has tremendous consequences. Which is why Tarot is developing an ulcer trying to figure out a solution. Poor Tarot.
There are probably pictures in the book.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Peanut probably already messed up the timeline by showing that DS.
Wonder what Grape is doing? ;)
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Wow, Guard Dog girl sure looks... umm... Powerful and adorable in the same time. *becomes her fan*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I have to .GIF Tarot. the Poor Pomerian needs to be heard. X3

Sadly, while Tarot puts so much effort into keeping thigns the way they are, I can see Maxwell's suggestion about Dragon actually turning out to be the real answer in the end. Tarot's trying her best to stick to the rules, but Kitsune already hinted that the answer was to get out there and explore your options.

Hopfully after her nap, Tarot learns to let loose and get messy. And play Peanut's 3DS :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

I think Tarot simply misses her power(s) and station, and the knowledge which came with that.

Now that she's deprived of Dragon's divine might she's reduced to a mere dog who knows some fancy card tricks.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Wait, wouldn't her loud explanation of the Time Paradox to Satau's clan already be causing a Paradox of its own? :?
Argent

Post by Argent »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Wait, wouldn't her loud explanation of the Time Paradox to Satau's clan already be causing a Paradox of its own? :?
Only if it didn't happen in the original timeline.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Dogs reunion, with cats allowed, for this time. :D Your 3DS must have lot of energy, Peanut. :) Oh, look, Maxwell wants other explains. :P Well, I wouldn't say that Spirit Dragon seemed nice when you met her... :roll: Okay, Tarot, we understood and know that Spirit Dragon is a cheater about the game, that Great Kitsune is a jerk and that time travels are paradoxical, but your frustration to now be a common dog is really new. :P Right, better calm down and take a nap. At the end, that stuff doesn't involve you anymore... ;)
Toboe3

Post by Toboe3 »

ChekeBello wrote:[...]
Can't Satau just do the 4th-dimensional thinking, since he has avatar powers at the current time???
4th-dim thinking could a thing of her class, which means nope, unless Dragon decides to respec Satau to whatever Tarot was.

To all Peanut/Tarot messing the timeline: if mortal minds can be messed with OR the knowledge is useless (-> doesn't lead to a change of behaviour that is relevant to the timeline at large) it doesn't really matter.

One possible solution (assuming the problem with the deniability field was about stuff like missing mana being to big changes to just deniability-field away) would have been to go in, use dragons mana to tamper with the memory of everyone that saw them + change Sataus future memories so that a mindreading SD would just see a certain Kitsune. And ofcourse make sure that enough mana is missing to seem like punishment from Kitsune, but little enough that SD doesn't need to change her Strategy (which would lead to time paradox) but can rather pretend nothing happened (to avoid the embarrassment of having to admit to Pete that she tried to cheat).