2015/07/31 - Can You Keep A Secret

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Gbr23

Re: 2015/07/31 - Can You Keep A Secret

Post by Gbr23 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Wait, you thought that this situation would cause Peanut and Tarot to break up? How??? I mean now it might if Tarot learns that Grape has interest in dogs, leading to her figuring out that Peanut has interests in cats, leading her to assume that the two still had feelings for each other....... but that's a very big stretch! :shock:
In my speculation -before today´s strip- I would guess that Tarot is going to leave with Satau and stop things with Peanut beacuse Tarot and Satau have more things in common than her with Peaunt. But after todays events, Im thinking that maybe is the Grape-Max thing that is comming to an end. But then again, it is just my speculation
Last edited by Gbr23 on Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Nice save Grape. :lol: Now that she's starting to fall for another canine, things could take a drastic turn at anytime.
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gbr23 wrote:In my speculation -before today´s strip- I would guess that Tarot is going to leave with Satau and stop things with Peanut beacuse Tarot and Satau have more things in common than her with Peaunt. But after todays events, Im thinking that maybe is the Grape-Max thing that is comming to an end. But then again, it is just my speculation
I don't think Rick's going to make Satau a regular, so I don't think he's going to cause any continuity-breaking changes.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

Niftyness wrote: But think about it, if you travel forward in time, do you maintain your age as you pass through the years, or are you still getting older but just passing through time at a faster rate, so that the years feel like seconds?
I'm inclined to agree with Argent here, I would think if you traveled forward in time I think it would only make the years pass like seconds and you wouldn't age other than the amount of time you spent as the years passed (like the example Argent used). I would think if you actually gained a year for each year passed, it might be an issue from even a sci-fi and fantasy perspective, you only go so far before you died or (if using a machine) the machine gave out.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, wow! :shock: Oh, no! :? I hope that this is only again your sort of hunk sense, Grape, and there's no attraction for Satau... :| Why say that? But there's your Maxie there, poor him. :( Indeed, he's just another canine... :P Come on Maxwell, no worries: it's time to try again to build you body (or improve your way to be dork :P) to charm Grape. :) It's you who has to be her hunk! :D Well, let's see how will go on... As seems, it's necessary show some muscles to Grape to make her brain go fuzzy. :P
Grape looks cool in this strip, and the third panel is amazing. :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

BREAKING NEWS

Satau may be a wolf.

Newly discovered canine species hiding in plain sight: Genome-wide Evidence Reveals that African and Eurasian Golden Jackals Are Distinct Species

It seems that the "golden jackal" of North Africa is not related to the golden jackal of Europe and the Middle East. It's actually related to wolves.

This puts a whole new spin on the genetic evidence for the relationship between the domestic dog and the golden jackal.

I mean, wow. This is HUGE.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Except I don't think that Satau is a golden jackal.
Frank

Post by Frank »

SuperStar wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote: MAYDAY, MAYDAY! Grape has revealed a very vulnerable portion of the ship! If further damage is applied, the ship may sink! This is not a drill! I repeat: THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
[/color]
I can't tell what you are implying, sorry can you re-phrase?
SS Grapewell, you are sailing in rocky territorry. Please pull back as the fandom coasteguard may not be able to rescue you if you run aground
Argent wrote:BREAKING NEWS

Satau may be a wolf.
Oh well, there goes my theory
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I like snoof-nose as a slur against dogs.
Yes, I was quite pleased that we saw Max using speceist slurs myself...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

Heh. Snoof-nose.

Wow wuh wee woo though, when was the last time we've had such a controversial strip like this?

This could be a (painfully) fun sub-plot, but I'm surprised no one has yet suggested that, by the end, it could be the perfect opportunity for our dear lovecats to have a heart-to-heart chat.

But my goodness, that grin, Grape. It is adorable~
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

pokeblue wrote:
Niftyness wrote: But think about it, if you travel forward in time, do you maintain your age as you pass through the years, or are you still getting older but just passing through time at a faster rate, so that the years feel like seconds?
I'm inclined to agree with Argent here, I would think if you traveled forward in time I think it would only make the years pass like seconds and you wouldn't age other than the amount of time you spent as the years passed (like the example Argent used). I would think if you actually gained a year for each year passed, it might be an issue from even a sci-fi and fantasy perspective, you only go so far before you died or (if using a machine) the machine gave out.
Time travel is always an interesting topic, shame there are no paradoxes to debate here but at least there is this. A time machine more or less separates you from the time line in order to travel forwards or backwards. If you only got older at a rate that feels like seconds then the time machine you would be using would only affect your mind so that it felt like less time. Your body and the machine would remain where they were. However that is not neccesarilly what a time machine is because you couldn't go backwards and you forward travel is limited to how many years you have left to live. Satau couldn't go back presumably because he went so far ahead that Dragon no longer had power and the game was over so no one could send him back.
In conclusion he is just as old as he was when he left his timeline.
The only deviation from this would be the amount of time you spent traveling, for example in Doctor Who they time travel with a machine called the TARDiS, the operators of the TARDIS (the doctor and his companions) don't age according to how far they travel but they do age the seconds, minutes and hours that they are in it.
Hi Hi Pie
Niftyness

Post by Niftyness »

Time travel is so confusing <_>
Blah blah blah, words words words.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RemonyRavine wrote:This could be a (painfully) fun sub-plot, but I'm surprised no one has yet suggested that, by the end, it could be the perfect opportunity for our dear lovecats to have a heart-to-heart chat.
I'm hoping at least. I'm actually certain something will turn up to change this, but the issue i'm worried about is if Grape finally pushed the big button? I recall Maxwell at first not letting it bother him, but it got worse over time and i'm certain this would certainly be a big push for him.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Now we have conclusive evidence tha Grape is attracted to other species.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/ ... g-a-swipe/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/01/25/red-red-wine/

Well we had it before but it is fun to compound it.
Hi Hi Pie
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Looks like it's back to the gym again for Max.
ZeroTheFated

Post by ZeroTheFated »

Mickey wrote:Quick, I need a picture of a man jumping, but with Sautu's face with the caption: "ON MAH WAY 2 STEEL YO GURL"
I know I'm late but I finally got around to read this and OMG THIS HAD ME DYING!!!
I Am Someone...
Someone who lives...
Someone who loves...
Someone You Can Trust...
I Am That Little Speck of DARKNESS to HELP YOU See Through The Brightest Light...
I Am Your Eternal Friend!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Mickey wrote:Quick, I need a picture of a man jumping, but with Sautu's face with the caption: "ON MAH WAY 2 STEEL YO GURL"
It's not a pictre but close enough. Sorry no Satau faces here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv0k-38j4vs

http://henrisays.ytmnd.com/
Hi Hi Pie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Timon64 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Wait, you thought that this situation would cause Peanut and Tarot to break up? How??? I mean now it might if Tarot learns that Grape has interest in dogs, leading to her figuring out that Peanut has interests in cats, leading her to assume that the two still had feelings for each other....... but that's a very big stretch! :shock:
Tarot knows Peanut's interested in cats. She only started dating Peanut because Grape chose Max.
Eh I wouldn't be so quick to brush off Tarot's feelings. Just like she told Spirit Dragon, over time she's come to actually fall in love with Peanut, stating she actually wanted to date him so i doubt she'll give him up anymore. She fought SD over Peanut, she'll fight again. And I'm looking forward to that, if that ever happens, tho im not counting Max out by a long shot honestly.
that's why I said she started for that reason, not that that's why she's still dating him. that game's over, she's dating him cause she likes him and won;t just leave him cause Grape wants him
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

GameCobra wrote:
RemonyRavine wrote:This could be a (painfully) fun sub-plot, but I'm surprised no one has yet suggested that, by the end, it could be the perfect opportunity for our dear lovecats to have a heart-to-heart chat.
I'm hoping at least. I'm actually certain something will turn up to change this, but the issue i'm worried about is if Grape finally pushed the big button? I recall Maxwell at first not letting it bother him, but it got worse over time and i'm certain this would certainly be a big push for him.
Mm...yeah. Hang in there, Maxie, and hang on to your girl tight. You two are destined for wonderful things~

But in the meantime... *squirts Grape with a water bottle* Naughty kitty! Go take a cold shower!
Last edited by RemonyRavine on Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

Poor Max. His ego can't take much more of this sort of thing. Grape, you really should cultivate a few girlfriends to talk about such things with. Males just can't handle when they find out their ladies like to look around.

:D
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well she was friends with Sabrina and maybe with Tarot. Shocked she didn't talk with them.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Niftyness wrote:Time travel is so confusing <_>
Have you ever read All You Zombies?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Does that make it even more confusing instead of clearing it up?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Hey guys, how's it goi.. *reads comic* ....YES! GRAPENUT STILL HAS A CHANCE!!! :D
Niftyness

Post by Niftyness »

Argent wrote:
What's that? A book that simplifies it or...?
Blah blah blah, words words words.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Does that make it even more confusing instead of clearing it up?
Whether it does or not it's worth reading.
Niftyness wrote:
Argent wrote:
What's that? A book that simplifies it or...?
It's the classic time travel story.
1071-CCN

Post by 1071-CCN »

As to time travel, I'm pretty sure you just age according to the years you personally, subjectively experience. Time spent in other times ages you normally, but time spent between them does not unless you subjectively spend years in the literal middle of nowhere.

As to this comic, wow, Grape's expressions are just priceless. If this was the TwoKinds forum(which it DEFINITELY isn't!), there'd be lots of panel shuffling to be done with this one.
This account is a copy of that of my Cross Time Cafe account, which I use to discuss Freefall on its forum.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Yeah, but i'm pretty sure if we were on that forum we'd be reading TwoKinds, not Housepets! so it wouldn't matter... :mrgreen:
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

1071-CCN wrote:As to time travel, I'm pretty sure you just age according to the years you personally, subjectively experience. Time spent in other times ages you normally, but time spent between them does not unless you subjectively spend years in the literal middle of nowhere.
Ignore my previous over complication and just pay attention to this definition, it is so much easier to undersand.
Although we are not sure how Satau time traveled, it was not by a time machine but instead by "magic" so I wonder if Statau just blinked and he was in modern times or if he experienced a 2001: A Space Odyssey type thing.
Hi Hi Pie
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

that whole sequence made no sense. for that matter, time travel sequences in any scifi movie make no sense, mainly because the filmmakers use them as an excuse to expend large portions of their effects budget, and logic can take a hike. If you're unable to perceive the time line, you would be in a black void due to the lack of outside lighting, if you ARE able to perceive the time line as you 'pass' it, the amount of light coming at you in your compressed perception of time would reduce everything to white noise. either way, no goofy special effects. Same with sound; either nothing or deafening indecipherable noise.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Does that make it even more confusing instead of clearing it up?
It's a story that bemuses you in any context.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
jaime117d

Post by jaime117d »

So are we still singing "We gotta sink the bismark" about Grapenut, or did Grape just change history?
Can I just say that I'm happy about this topic, and cant wait for Monday!
https://www.fanfiction.net/~jaime117d is my fanfition account, if you feel like reading my stories then don't be suprised at the rather...lackluster...sheen to them
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Even if Grape likes dogs, I still highly doubt still she would use this as a reason to leave Maxwell. She has been with him for years now. Funny time to start dropping him because she saw a better dog come out of the blue. I give credit to the fact that Grape is still young. Now if Sabrina did this on the otherhand...

And let's just say if it was possible she dumped Maxwell... Satau would be quick pickings, defaulted entirely to his build :3
RemonyRavine wrote:Mm...yeah. Hang in there, Maxie, and hang on to your girl tight. You two are destined for wonderful things~
You bet! :3
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

GameCobra wrote:Even if Grape likes dogs, I still highly doubt still she would use this as a reason to leave Maxwell. She has been with him for years now. Funny time to start dropping him because she saw a better dog come out of the blue. I give credit to the fact that Grape is still young. Now if Sabrina did this on the otherhand...

And let's just say if it was possible she dumped Maxwell... Satau would be quick pickings, defaulted entirely to his build :3
Who said it would have to end with Grape dumping Maxwell?

Much of the friction in this relationship stems from Grape swooning over hunky bigger species (with a side of Grape and Peanut being mushy). I always envisioned an ending to this relationship, if it ever happened, as coming from Maxwell becoming fed up with it, and him being the one to dump her.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kitch wrote:Much of the friction in this relationship stems from Grape swooning over hunky bigger species (with a side of Grape and Peanut being mushy). I always envisioned an ending to this relationship, if it ever happened, as coming from Maxwell becoming fed up with it, and him being the one to dump her.
You're absolutely right and I forgot to mention that before. Let's hope neither happens, though.

The scary thing I keep thinking though, and it's too hard to anticipate this with the way things are is whether there is going to be a problem or not between Grape and Maxwell. The both of them developed a mutual understanding for each other already. Grape knows Max worries and Max knows Grape trusts him, so my question becomes... do they actually have a bond in their relationship that we are not aware of? Just like how King and Bailey know they can get into arguments and Tarot is basically the stone wall with Peanut, Grape and Max's relationship seems to give me a vague hint that they might have some level of understanding with each other incase they know their relationship is going south. Since Grape started swooning for buffed animals right after pointing out to Maxwell that he shouldn't be worried about his faults, it makes me think that the only challenge here from this point on is Grape controls herself more or we wait for the reveal that they already talked it over and know how to cope with these things. (If that's the case, Maxwell's way of coping though is meant to be humorous rather than serious)

Hard part of this is that I already feel like I know the correct answer, but man do I ever worry so much. @_@
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

I don't think GRAAAPE! is into dogs. What she's interested in is big hunky sex-gods, almost regardless of species.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I dunno. When she agreed with Max's statement that Satau was exactly like every other snoof-nose ("Yeah"), and then went on to talk about how attracted she was to him, it seemed to imply that she thinks that every other snoof-nose is attractive to her. ^^
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

I think her mind was too stuck on big hunk of muscular and sexy Satau to actually catch what Max was saying (I know I was)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm just surprised with Max's self-esteem issues that the two of them ended up staying together this long if Grape keeps on drooling over big muscular animals.

It makes me wonder if she would be attracted to Kevin as the two of them haven't shared a scene. Though she might be annoyed with him being a bit slower.
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm just surprised with Max's self-esteem issues that the two of them ended up staying together this long if Grape keeps on drooling over big muscular animals.
What's he gonna do, leave her? Sure, Grape goes chasing after whatever big guy comes along, but she keeps returning to Max at the end of the day. Also, that black cat's got a lot of charm, style, and attitude going for him (And the adorable bell-shell around his collar works in his favor too).

Grape has shown excellent taste in guys so far.