2014/11/07 - A Little Birdie Told Me

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: 2014/11/07 - A Little Birdie Told Me

Post by valerio »

sokahu wrote:OK, I hate to be that person, but...I thought they lived near the east coast? American Magpies only live on the west coast. What could it mean dun dun dun DUH
Please! I mean, seriously, how could a scam involving animals in the US of A work without a thieving magpie?!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I love the way this new arc is going. And I still say that the golden ring was stolen from someone that Zach knows. :D
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

sokahu wrote:OK, I hate to be that person, but...I thought they lived near the east coast? American Magpies only live on the west coast. What could it mean dun dun dun DUH
The location of Babylon Gardens hasn't been revealed, but I believe it's in the Midwest (which is well within the Americam Magpie's range). It's entirely possible Cory calls all corvids "magpies," since not everyone is an aviary expert and a wild skunk who presumably isn't literate can't be reasonably expected to know such trivial details. American Magpies also are not, as far as I know, typically blue. Trinket could be any variety or none, a generic bird.

I suppose those are things it could mean.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Dissension wrote:
The location of Babylon Gardens hasn't been revealed, but I believe it's in the Midwest (which is well within the Americam Magpie's range). It's entirely possible Cory calls all corvids "magpies," since not everyone is an aviary expert and a wild skunk who presumably isn't literate can't be reasonably expected to know such trivial details. American Magpies also are not, as far as I know, typically blue. Trinket could be any variety or none, a generic bird.

From the pictures I have seen, it seems that they have some blue. Not as bright as in the comic, but that is probably because it is in a comic.

deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Aww. Trinket is such a befitting (and cute!) name :)

Also, magpie victory dance.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

I called it! Cory is a guy. :D Now he just needs to hook up with Zach. *evil laugh*
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Yay, another new character! :D
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

dtlux1 wrote:
Dissension wrote:

From the pictures I have seen, it seems that they have some blue. Not as bright as in the comic, but that is probably because it is in a comic.

By overlapping maps of the ranges of both opossums (Jessica) and black-beaked magpies (Trinket), I have created a map of potential states where Babylon Gardens could be located: Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Oregon, Colorado, Washington, California, Oklahoma, and Texas. (I left out Kansas because it had to be travelled to in order to visit Bailey).

If we are to understand that Babylon Gardens is located in the Midwest, we could eliminate California, Washington, and Oregon.
Potential Locations of Babylon Gardens.png
Potential Locations of Babylon Gardens.png (18.22 KiB) Viewed 16771 times
I wonder if I'm going to be censored for posting this (cover-up). :P :?

Or Rick will throw in some random forest animals to throw us off and wreck the theory of animals being native to respective areas in connection with our universe. :|
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Again, don't assume a particular species or variety. *giggles* Even if your assumption is correct, ferals are known to hitchhike and could otherwise wind up outside a given "range." This happens in our world, too, albeit without thumbing.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Trinket probably got lost and that is how she ended up in the gardens because her sense of direction stinks. xD
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote: Image
By overlapping maps of the ranges of both opossums (Jessica) and black-beaked magpies (Trinket), I have created a map of potential states where Babylon Gardens could be located: Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota, Oregon, Colorado, Washington, California, Oklahoma, and Texas. (I left out Kansas because it had to be travelled to in order to visit Bailey).
We can narrow it down further using the map I previously created showing where they could be based on driving distance from locations in Kansas. Eliminate the darkest blue circle-ish-square area (which is less than nine hours from any location in Kansas) and you get:

This eliminates Oregon, Washington, and California. Leaving the kidney-shaped area in the center of your map.
Last edited by Argent on Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still like my theory of a directionally challenged Trinket better.
Frank

Post by Frank »

You know animals can just ride or drive in this world, right? They don't have to be restricted to their original ranges
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

There's the ring, or better, there it was. :P The magpie is correct, anyway, it's your fault, Cory. :P The proposition was going to be good. ;) Humble skunk? And the magpie was flying over there for pure coincidence? All is looking fake (in particular, Cory's reaction to the theft) and smells of organized scam... :roll: What are they searching from Zach? If really there are Pete and Spirit Dragon behind them, the finality can get more sense...
What could Zach do to go away from they? It's a Cory's problem, now, if it really exists...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Frank wrote:You know animals can just ride or drive in this world, right? They don't have to be restricted to their original ranges
True. However, I don't think ferals have much access to cars (those two never did figure out how to drive that thing). Though birds probably don't have much need for cars.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've seen Falstaff since then. I'm not so sure he made it back to Babylon Gardens. :shock: It'd be funny to see a strip or an arc showing him finally arriving all haggard from an incredible 8 month journey. :P
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:You know animals can just ride or drive in this world, right? They don't have to be restricted to their original ranges
Oh hush, we're detectiving!
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

I dont think those two ferals are locals, if they are true scammers, scammers dont stay too long in one place and they doesnt look two know Zach is the opener of ways, even Jess who dont believe in him know who he is. I think they just arrived the zone, so their species and usual location for them are not something that tell us too much about where BG is located
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Chekebello is right they are almost definitely out of town. It is only common sense to steal something from one place and then inconspicuously sell it somewhere completely different in order to prevent suspicion.
Last edited by IdleCurator on Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Hi Pie
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

Argent wrote:
We can narrow it down further using the map I previously created showing where they could be based on driving distance from locations in Kansas. Eliminate the darkest blue circle-ish-square area (which is less than nine hours from any location in Kansas) and you get:

This eliminates Oregon, Washington, and California. Leaving the kidney-shaped area in the center of your map.
Also remember how Peanut had Spot (Superdog) in Colorado, which is also one of the places it could potentially be?
Coincidence? I think... maybe... I don't know... :|
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

We have nearly found the precious (said like Smegle/gollum) it will be ours HA Ha Ha!!!
Hi Hi Pie
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Mistacheeeez wrote:
Argent wrote:

Also remember how Peanut had Spot (Superdog) in Colorado, which is also one of the places it could potentially be?
Coincidence? I think... maybe... I don't know... :|

Impressive.

Very impressive.
Just an Arc
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

You said it arc wolf these poeple are serious. Out of curiosity does anyone know which state rich griffin lives in, that may be a clue.
Hi Hi Pie
Prof

Post by Prof »

Zach wrote:"Try having someone throw a cloak on you just so they can touch its hem."
Sounds like the squirrel nuns :D
Hlaoroo wrote:Hey, did anybody else notice Zach wiping his sholder with a handkerchief in panel 3? At least, I think that's what he's doing.
Either Cory has sticky paws or Zach's a bit of a germaphobe. :P
It looks like he does. I have a similar reaction when I have to shake hands with peoole I don't like ;)
deepskycyan wrote:Aww. Trinket is such a befitting (and cute!) name :)
The first thing I associate with "Trinket" is "annoying", guess I'm a tad Elfquest impaired (nevertheless, the association fits also in this case :roll: ).

Drop in and stroll around: My gallery

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:You said it arc wolf these poeple are serious. Out of curiosity does anyone know which state rich griffin lives in, that may be a clue.
Rick lives in Alabama, though only so much of Alabama shows up on Argent's map (and in the lightest colored area), so maybe not as likely.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Trinket simply moved here after finding a nice condo furnished in Bauhaus style.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Well, I'm going to jump on the band wagon and suspect that the true identities of Cory and Trinket are Pete and Dragon, respectively. I wonder what is the deal with the ring and why Cory was so trusting in having Zach pawn it... That thieving magpie stole my precious.

Also, I too suspect that Babylon Gardens is located somewhere east of the Rockies, considering the four seasons they seem to experience each year.
rourkie

Post by rourkie »

Xane wrote:Wanna rub Cory's belly in panel 2.
This. Absolutely.
--
"Some things are beyond the logic of our eyes and ears..."
yellowcrash10

Post by yellowcrash10 »

Argent wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote: [map]

[fancier map]

Woah. That's some awesome detective work! :D
I break my computer, so you don't have to! :D
You copied my entire signature? How peculiar...
Given that AB≅AB, prove that AB≇AB.
Warriorcat1313

Post by Warriorcat1313 »

Am I the only one that is shipping these two hard?
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

I don't think ive seen a talking bird besides Pete
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Warriorcat1313 wrote:Am I the only one that is shipping these two hard?
I strongly doubt it.

Also, you guys are crazy with that map. Well done.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Pretty sure Pete was the only talking "birdy" we have seen so far, even if he wasn't an actual bird. I'm still going with my theory that (spoilered bubblegum to not annoy other people with said theory):

Pete is Cory and Dragon is Trinket
Argent

Post by Argent »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:You said it arc wolf these poeple are serious. Out of curiosity does anyone know which state rich griffin lives in, that may be a clue.
I think he's in Alabama.

[Edit: oh, someone else already mentioned that]
matthew Wolf wrote:I don't think ive seen a talking bird besides Pete
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She's got to step on it again
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Argent wrote:
I think he's in Alabama.

[Edit: oh, someone else already mentioned that]
I love the fact that this has a monty python reference
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

And technically Tarot during the Pridelands Imagineate.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Am I the only one who noticed that he said "What" instead of "That"? Shouldn't that be fixed or something?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I think that's intentional, Superstar. ;) Gives him a bit of an uneducated feel.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Can't wait until tomorrow's post comes out!
I bet they are conmen and have no relation to Pete or Dragon.
I hope I am wrong though Pete and Dragon were hilarious!
Hurray I finally got the avatar and other (words below thingy) sorted.
Hi Hi Pie
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

SuperStar wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that he said "What" instead of "That"? Shouldn't that be fixed or something?
It's part of some New York City and other dialects, typically associated by pop culture with gangsters.