2014/10/13- Enthusiastic Greetings

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: 2014/10/13- Enthusiastic Greetings

Post by Obbl »

InDaZone1219 wrote:
MrNeonShot wrote:Oh my gosh... I just realized something...
I used to love Peanut, Tarrot, and Karishad.
But something has changed, and now I think Tarrot is uncaring, Peanut is some ignorant self centered boyfriend, and Karishad is the annoying third wheel of the 3.

I used to think Grape was just some cat who was too blind to see Peanut's love, but... Wow...
My point of view went completely 180º.
I feel the same way. It's possible to be the best third wheel in the world btw.
The only difference between Fido and Peanut is that Fido was constantly worried about Sabrina the entire time, and Peanut wasn't ever worried about Tarot. In a childlike way, Peanut was always certain of Tarot's return, so he has just been waiting for that to happen. Now that she's back, he's ready for things to get back to normal. How is that uncaring? He's happy to see her, but doesn't feel the need to tackle hug her, because she's just been gone for a week (ish?) and now she's back. He was responsibly collecting her mail while she was gone, and it appears they talked on the phone a few times while she was away. Why would he respond with anything more over the top than he did?
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Obbl wrote: The only difference between Fido and Peanut is that Fido was constantly worried about Sabrina the entire time, and Peanut wasn't ever worried about Tarot. In a childlike way, Peanut was always certain of Tarot's return, so he has just been waiting for that to happen. Now that she's back, he's ready for things to get back to normal. How is that uncaring? He's happy to see her, but doesn't feel the need to tackle hug her, because she's just been gone for a week (ish?) and now she's back. He was responsibly collecting her mail while she was gone, and it appears they talked on the phone a few times while she was away. Why would he respond with anything more over the top than he did?
That and he's always been unphased by cosmic stuff, so Tarot being all the way in Australia to fight a cosmic battle is pretty much the same as Tarot going on a business trip...wait...
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

gamepopper wrote:
Obbl wrote: The only difference between Fido and Peanut is that Fido was constantly worried about Sabrina the entire time, and Peanut wasn't ever worried about Tarot. In a childlike way, Peanut was always certain of Tarot's return, so he has just been waiting for that to happen. Now that she's back, he's ready for things to get back to normal. How is that uncaring? He's happy to see her, but doesn't feel the need to tackle hug her, because she's just been gone for a week (ish?) and now she's back. He was responsibly collecting her mail while she was gone, and it appears they talked on the phone a few times while she was away. Why would he respond with anything more over the top than he did?
That and he's always been unphased by cosmic stuff, so Tarot being all the way in Australia to fight a cosmic battle is pretty much the same as Tarot going on a business trip...wait...
I don't know why this even has to be explained several times. There seems to be a constant problem in miscommunication with the comic and how the characters express themselves.

One single line of dialog and one gesture doesn't amount to the entirety of the character's feelings.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Obbl wrote:The only difference between Fido and Peanut is that Fido was constantly worried about Sabrina the entire time, and Peanut wasn't ever worried about Tarot.
If Sabrina had texted Fido as much as Tarot texted Peanut, he wouldn't have had to worry.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Timon64 wrote:
gamepopper wrote:Oh Karishad...how did you get into Tarot's house?

I wouldn't be a surprise if this leads to a love triangle, it's been hinted at since they started hanging out for some reason. Although what I can't imagine is Karishad being the dating type, that is unless he's winding someone up:

......... :lol:
:lol: Perfect troll is perfect, he's got no time for triangles, he's got places to go and minds to confuzzle cuz seriously...Who else but Karishad?! :lol:
I think that Karishad would make a lovely love trapazoid.
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Skruffy wrote:My ships are colliding and I honestly don't know what to do
Don't worry, I think you'll soon find out there was more than enough room after all. ;)
RemonyRavine wrote:
gamepopper wrote:
I don't know why this even has to be explained several times. There seems to be a constant problem in miscommunication with the comic and how the characters express themselves.

One single line of dialog and one gesture doesn't amount to the entirety of the character's feelings.
Ain't that the truth.... :roll:
A maturing Peanut =/= A uncaring Peanut just like A hugging Kash =/= A suddenly interested Kash :roll:
Argent wrote:
Obbl wrote:The only difference between Fido and Peanut is that Fido was constantly worried about Sabrina the entire time, and Peanut wasn't ever worried about Tarot.
If Sabrina had texted Fido as much as Tarot texted Peanut, he wouldn't have had to worry.
Yeah it just goes back to that growth I've been talking about that they need to have. Sabby at least imo is still treating the relationship as if its still in the dark, in secret so to speak, they've already announced it to the world...literally!, so I don't know why she still won't communicate like she should. Like i said, its just something they have got to work on.
Last edited by Timon64 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
....Count on it!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Argent wrote:Apart from The Game, Peanut seemed to take things in stride.

Oh, great, I just lost the game (someone had to say it eventually :D )

I HAVE DECIDED! I WILL MAKE A STORY WITH ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS BEING SHIPPED WITH OTHERS AS EVERYONE SAID IN THIS FORUM! I WILL DO IT!

It would probably be like one of my other stories...

Like the one about shipping...

Or the one about an alternate ending for Housepets the Series...

Yes, you will all have a story to look forward to, you can count on that. :D

NOW THE SECOND ONE HAS THE BEST WAY TO GET RID OF SPO AND SQUEAK AT THE SAME TIME!

Now Joey and Grape can happen. And Max and Peanut.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Why Peanut and Max? Why not Peanut and Daisy? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:Why Peanut and Max? Why not Peanut and Daisy? :P
Nah, if Max and Peanut didn't get together, I am sure Max and Daisy would, because both of them have black fur.

Then Grape is still with Joey and Tarot with Karishad.

Then Peanut would go to the farm and date Rufus who is cheating on him with a crow named Nevermore (Never for short) and then they just all start dating.

Spo and Squeak are still dead.

That is what will happen :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

dtlux1 wrote:I HAVE DECIDED! I WILL MAKE A STORY WITH ALL OF THESE CHARACTERS BEING SHIPPED WITH OTHERS AS EVERYONE SAID IN THIS FORUM! I WILL DO IT!
You won't beat Gunnerkrigg Court, which is currently shipping a ship.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I suppose Peanut has been passively accepting rather than self indulgent.
But What I forgot to mention was that everyone has been the same the entire time. As I keep growing and tastes change, Peanut just looks ignorant. I'm kinda tired of him being the 10 year old who is just like "oh cool, when is dinner." I think some maturity is due for him to show that he truly does care.

I used to love Tarrot. I've always been "Tarrot all the way!" But now, looking back, she started out as a psychic that cared for Peanut. Now she's a nagging girlfriend with a holier than thou attitude that happened to have a higher being controlling her that also had a holier than thou attitude.

And Karishad, while extremely funny and bubbly...
Ugh, I'm not even sure what to say here. I just dislike this.

Grape is actually just a mellow cat without a care that is forced into some kind of drama when she clearly isn't a cat for drama. I just want to see a comic about the day in the life of Grape. No Tarrot or Peanut. Just Grape being herself.

Another thing is that if Tarrot was texting her boyfriend the entire time talking about their situation and giving him updates, why would she even bother saying "Where's my greeting?"
She'd probably just take her mail and wave goodbye or something.
Further strengthening that she is a "fine lady!" PEANUT RUN!

On a different subject, What will Tarrot do now that Spirit Dragon is gone?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Douglas Collier

dtlux1 wrote:Then Peanut would go to the farm and date Rufus who is cheating on him with a crow named Nevermore (Never for short) and then they just all start dating.
I'm sorry, but if that ever happened, I'd stop reading the comic. To date, no character has dated their relative (Rufus is technically Peanut's cousin). XP

I seriously hope you guys aren't being serious about most of these. :roll:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Decisions decisions... Tarot seems a bit irritated by both of their greetings, though she should know them well enough by now to understand their patterns/logic. It doesn't take a psychic to know that things in Babylon Gardens would transpire in such a manner (opposite of what you wanted or expected).

Speaking of which, with her powers reduced to short bursts, what will Tarot do for a living (can she still tell fortunes)?
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:Then Peanut would go to the farm and date Rufus who is cheating on him with a crow named Nevermore (Never for short) and then they just all start dating.
I'm sorry, but if that ever happened, I'd stop reading the comic. To date, no character has dated their relative (Rufus is technically Peanut's cousin). XP

I seriously hope you guys aren't being serious about most of these. :roll:
I am 9001% serious about ALL THE SHIPPINGS!

RUFUS WILL THEN DUMP BOTH OF THEM AND GO OUT WITH KING WHO IS GOING OUT WITH JOEL ROBINSON! THEN GRAPE AND JOEY WILL GET MARRIED AND HAS KUPPIES (PITTENS?) AND THEY WILL THEN BE HAPPY! THEN SPO COMES BACK TO LIFE AND TAKES REVENGE ON PEANUT WHO HAS STOLEN MAX FROM HIM UNTIL SASHA STEPS ON SPO FOR DATING DAISY WHO SHE WANTED TO DATE!

That will make a great addition to the story I am going to write. :P
dryideabat wrote:Decisions decisions... Tarot seems a bit irritated by both of their greetings, though she should know them well enough by now to understand their patterns/logic. It doesn't take a psychic to know that things in Babylon Gardens would transpire in such a manner (opposite of what you wanted or expected).

Speaking of which, with her powers reduced to short bursts, what will Tarot do for a living (can she still tell fortunes)?
For money she would, oh, wait, this site is PG...
(Get your mind out of the gutter...)

NEVERMIND! :D
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

MrNeonShot wrote:I suppose Peanut has been passively accepting rather than self indulgent.
But What I forgot to mention was that everyone has been the same the entire time. As I keep growing and tastes change, Peanut just looks ignorant. I'm kinda tired of him being the 10 year old who is just like "oh cool, when is dinner." I think some maturity is due for him to show that he truly does care.

I used to love Tarrot. I've always been "Tarrot all the way!" But now, looking back, she started out as a psychic that cared for Peanut. Now she's a nagging girlfriend with a holier than thou attitude that happened to have a higher being controlling her that also had a holier than thou attitude.

Grape is actually just a mellow cat without a care that is forced into some kind of drama when she clearly isn't a cat for drama. I just want to see a comic about the day in the life of Grape. No Tarrot or Peanut. Just Grape being herself.

Another thing is that if Tarrot was texting her boyfriend the entire time talking about their situation and giving him updates, why would she even bother saying "Where's my greeting?"

She's going to work at McDonald's.
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Mistacheeeez
Location: Scouring the vast wastelands of the internet for any memes not yet devoured by the masses!

Post by Mistacheeeez »

I'm still fine with every character! Just because they said something or acted a certain way a few times doesn't make them a bad character. I personally love the way this comic is going and I still love ALL the characters! :P Except Bino...
I thought about changing my signature but decided against it, it's too much work!
Douglas Collier

InDaZone1219 wrote:She's going to work at McDonald's.
I can just imagine it - Tarot wearing a full-body hair net: "Welcome to McDonalds. Can I take your order?" :roll:
:lol:
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Douglas Collier wrote:
I can just imagine it - Tarot wearing a full-body hair net: "Welcome to McDonalds. Can I take your order?" :roll:
:lol:
And her first customer is Dragon (who does not remember Tarot, but Tarot knows it's her). The most awkward moment ever.
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

i can't be the only one who is genuinely afraid of dtlux1's enthusiasm.
Douglas Collier

Cataloochee wrote:i can't be the only one who is genuinely afraid of dtlux1's enthusiasm.
You're not. ;)
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

Mistacheeeez wrote:I'm still fine with every character! Just because they said something or acted a certain way a few times doesn't make them a bad character. I personally love the way this comic is going and I still love ALL the characters! :P Except Bino...
I agree 100% dude :D
At the end of the day, these guys are for our entertainment, lets try to enjoy them ok?...but not like that Dtlux1 over there...that's enjoying them alittle too much :lol:
Attachments
Agree.PNG
Agree.PNG (21.98 KiB) Viewed 12250 times
Last edited by Timon64 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
....Count on it!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Cataloochee wrote:i can't be the only one who is genuinely afraid of dtlux1's enthusiasm.
You're not. ;)
I... I don't know!! WAAAAAA!!!
Cataloochee

Post by Cataloochee »

InDaZone1219 wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
You're not. ;)
I... I don't know!! WAAAAAA!!!
oh please...
RemonyRavine

Post by RemonyRavine »

MrNeonShot wrote:I suppose Peanut has been passively accepting rather than self indulgent.
That's true, but on the other hand, I don't think it's necessarily the time for any drastic character growth, especially when we haven't even seen half the cast for a good chunk of the year.
Indeed, her ultimate goal was to keep Peanut safe and take care of him. I guess near the end of the Game, she's just learned to open up her feelings more...for better or worse. Still, I think we're jumping to conclusions way too fast. Isn't it too soon to put down the Like/Dislike-This-Character stamps? Tarot, Sabrina 'n the rest of the victims of the Game went through a lot...it's only natural they'd be more irritable than usual, and now that they're finally back home...well...snuggles, I guess!
I'm not even sure why everybody is taking Karishad's inclusion so seriously. He and Tarot are friends...of course he'd be silly. Again, doesn't have to mean anything romantic at all.
Ah, here's something we can agree on. It has been too long since we've seen a day of Grape. She's my favourite character too, so this might be a bit biased, but...well, hey.
Maybe this'll mean more Grape! Hopefully getting into some hijinx with the dogs like she used to. That was always a lot of fun~
I have a feeling she was texting Karishad at that time...just going by her face in the first panel of last Friday's comic, and considering he was the only one she'd been texting the whole time. I don't think Peanut even has a cell phone. Still--
Obbl wrote:In a childlike way, Peanut was always certain of Tarot's return, so he has just been waiting for that to happen.
I gigglesnorted. Aside from that...good question.

More importantly,
Timon64 wrote:I agree 100% dude :D
At the end of the day, these guys are for our entertainment, lets try to enjoy them ok?...but not like Dtlux1 over there...that's enjoying them alittle too much :lol:
This is a comedy, after all. Which seems to be forgotten quite often here...
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Not sure if I should be afraid, amused, or "eh, it'll run its course."

...Likely going for the last one, I've seen some crazy ideas during my time here, quite a lot of them intriguing.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Douglas Collier

dtlux, if you do decide to write that story, here's a little friendly advice: Take care not to make it look like it was written by Joey's creepy friends. ;) :P
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

dtlux1 wrote:RUFUS WILL THEN DUMP BOTH OF THEM AND GO OUT WITH KING WHO IS GOING OUT WITH JOEL ROBINSON!
So King would be going out with himself? How would that work?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

How do we know he isn't one of Joey's creepy friends?
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Leomon2004 wrote:
dtlux1 wrote:RUFUS WILL THEN DUMP BOTH OF THEM AND GO OUT WITH KING WHO IS GOING OUT WITH JOEL ROBINSON!
You'll need an entity splitter... duh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its probably a good idea to shut your brain off when reading that story.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Douglas Collier wrote:
You're not. ;)
Why are you people afraid? I am not scary, I just want to see Grape have Fido's puppies. Nothing creepy here. :D

You're just jealous that I come up with the best ships, and that you will never be as good as me.
D-Rock wrote:
Not sure if I should be afraid, amused, or "eh, it'll run its course."

...Likely going for the last one, I've seen some crazy ideas during my time here, quite a lot of them intriguing.
I have no idea which to choose. So many options. :P You should probably be equal amounts of all three options.
Douglas Collier wrote:dtlux, if you do decide to write that story, here's a little friendly advice: Take care not to make it look like it was written by Joey's creepy friends. ;) :P
Aww... That's no fun...
Leomon2004 wrote:
Well, I can give a short explanation right now. Joel Robinson is in jail in an alternate reality, and instead of turning him into a dog, Pete sent him to be with King. It is love at first sight, and King dumps Bailey to be with Joel. :D
Amazee Dayzee wrote:How do we know he isn't one of Joey's creepy friends?
That is very true. You can see how much I just love Joey.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Its probably a good idea to shut your brain off when reading that story.
That is probably true. I will be doing that while writing it. :D

The story will be done today, hopefully. At longest, end of the week.

I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE IT!
People are talking about me. I AM POPULAR! YAY!

Maybe Bino should steal Joey from Grape, and then Grape tries to kill Bino, but fails, because everyone loves Bino.
I play D&D with Joey on Saturdays at 7 pm.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

That fan fiction... sounds weird. But nevertheless I'd read it just to see what its about.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

MrNeonShot wrote:That fan fiction... sounds weird. But nevertheless I'd read it just to see what its about.
YAY! A READER!

I am surprised I am not thrown in my basement by my dog for being crazy. THERE IS SO MUCH IN MY MIND! What I say here isn't even a small fraction of what's going on in my head. :D

EDIT

I am scared because I drew a picture for the first part of the story. I hand drew it, and if you think the picture on my Deviantart (in signature) are scary, you should see this one. I will take a picture of it when I get home.
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

MrNeonShot wrote: Another thing is that if Tarrot was texting her boyfriend the entire time talking about their situation and giving him updates, why would she even bother saying "Where's my greeting?"

Ok here's what I have come up with to explain that. Look at the first strip of jiggity jig again and look at Tarot's face. She didn't look happy or ready to be seen by anyone really, same with Sabby who just wanted to take a nap. Tarot probably didn't even expect to be greeted yet right then and there, given her shocked nature in the second panel by Fido.

Then look at the 3rd panel where she pretty much ignores Peanut's greeting and instead just observes Fido's and Sabby's embracing one another and then responds with a "where's mine?" That is the definition of just being jealous, she sees a friend getting treatment she wasn't expecting but all of a sudden wants. Probably if Peanut and Tarot met alone without witnessing their embrace she wouldn't have minded a simple hello because yeah, they have been talking to each other and keeping each updated so there would be no need to make such a huge deal outta seeing each other again. Again its just a tint of jealously, it happens to the best of us at some point, just makes Tarot more dimensional as a character really....

Either that or the more "Meta" excuse of "hey the strip is funnier now!", thx to Peanut's goofball answer at Tarot's question. Them simply saying hi to each other here's your mail kay thanks bye, wouldn't be as funny, cute probably, but not as funny and seeing as this is a comedy, that's the goal here, besides Fido and Sabby have already had the cute part covered so Peanut and Tarot covered the comedy "quota".
As to what Tarot will do now....wow well I guess for once the future is unclear for her. We'll see...
....Count on it!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Well the thing is, we don't know if she had been texting him the entire time. Maybe like Fox, she doesn't want international charges. The only other person to text her would be Karishad.

Its not just this comic that shows her own snootiness, but in others as well.
The Lady and the Tramp comic, Tarrot put Peanut in an awkward position just to either prove a point to Dragon, or to put him on the spot to show who he loved more when it should've been obvious for her.

She didn't show a single sign of compassion to King (unless that was Spirit Dragon in this comic) despite knowing the emotions he was going through--
"Its a comedy! That was for comedy reasons!"
Yeah, thats not enough for me. Tarrot is just a snobby character in general. She acts this way all the time.
Even when writing Housepets! 1X, Stu_ keeps Tarrot as a snobby character and only grudgingly helps Spike to get Primo back. True its not canon, but my point is that even fan fiction writers, who have the ability to write the character however they want, choose to write Tarrot as a snob.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm a little late to the party, but let's try to avoid creepy shipping, shall we?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Sleet wrote:I'm a little late to the party, but let's try to avoid creepy shipping, shall we?
There was shipping up there ? *looks* oh...
Timon64

Post by Timon64 »

MrNeonShot wrote: Its not just this comic that shows her own snootiness, but in others as well.
The Lady and the Tramp comic, Tarrot put Peanut in an awkward position just to either prove a point to Dragon, or to put him on the spot to show who he loved more when it should've been obvious for her.
The thing is Tarot HAS told Spira that Peanut was HER boyfriend, but as Tarot described, Spira is childish when she doesn't get her way. Spira didn't want to believe it so she probably indirectly forced Tarot to spill the beans due to the messing up the psychic link between them. Only when Peanut told her straight up did she quit. And even then Tarot had once spilled the beans before but Peanut unfortunately wasn't paying attention.
MrNeonShot wrote: Yeah, thats not enough for me. Tarrot is just a snobby character in general. She acts this way all the time.
Eh, what you call snobbish, I call a stressed out individual that's had alot on her plate to handle over the...years?, and one that has finally gotten said stress under control by finally separating from her "high maintenance" partner Spira and now needs just some time to relax and cool down and will be better hopefully. I noticed she didn't get really annoyed until she went to that diner to do more "game" business in "Drink it Up"
And ya know even with all of that on her plate, she still tried her best for Peanut, she hung out with him on occasion whether it be with other friends havin fun doing those imagination paper bag games or taking him along with her on those "business trips" and and course with him alone as well like in the Gal dimension and supposed many other dates that peanut implied they had while they were there, and I keep referring back to this pic mind you, cuz it really shows that Tarot can be fun and isn't always mopey or snobby and stuff. Rick has to still be thinking of her and their relationship in a positive light to have taken time out of his day to draw a nice oneshot of them instead of just simply continuing the comic at hand, so that should say something. Im telling ya just give her some time. Im sure her mood will improve and Peanut will be there to help no doubt! :D
....Count on it!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I doubt it, but I think the conversation is getting off topic, so I'll drop it. Thanks for the discussion, though. You brought up some really good points ^^
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

*Officially wrenches the thread back to topic.*
Exactly what would Karishad do with sweepstakes anyway?
Tarot's first and foremost thought is "Put.Me.Down....Now."
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.