2014/09/15 - . . . Fuzzy

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
valerio

Re: 2014/09/15 - . . . Fuzzy

Post by valerio »

In the facebook page, Rick said he needs a break. Probably, we'll end up with a new guest week.
Or with Spot (yey)
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

valerio wrote:In the facebook page, Rick said he needs a break. Probably, we'll end up with a new guest week.
Or with Spot (yey)
He definitely deserves it after this epic scale arc
VolkOseba

Post by VolkOseba »

From unknown animal-hating PETA guy to someone who chooses to be a corgi for the rest of his life.
An excellent end to an excellent story.

Now maybe they can finish those shakes they were drinking before the demigods had to burst in... and I hope they tip well, after all the ruckus.

EDIT: Joel's introduction is still one of my favorite Housepets strips.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2009/04/ ... -violence/
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

valerio wrote:In the facebook page, Rick said he needs a break. Probably, we'll end up with a new guest week.
Or with Spot (yey)
Well hes WAY more than welcome to it. Heck after what this arc has dun to him he deserves a freakin vacation from appeasing us sccchhhmucks.
Last edited by ConvoyWolf on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Oh yes it's over! Thank Baha- Was that out loud?

But I still don't get it... I thought Joel was meant to make the right choice, but he's still a dog. *gets murdered in his sleep*
The right choice based on who or what? YOUR views? The choice was based on what HE thought was right, there was no right or wrong choice. They were options and he chose the one he felt was right.
Hey hey hey. It's just a joke, I didn't mean it. Come on, I want King as a dog too.
Leven

Post by Leven »

I'm quite pleased Joel decided to become the amazing corgi! ^^ When I read over his words in the previous page, "Why do you have to make such a simple choice so hard?" When I read it before the new page was put up today, he already had a choice in mind mean becoming a corgi. But he didn't know the item, and I'm glad at his 50/50 chance he picked the right item. So booyeah at the outcome, and that is why Rick is awesome. (: Question is did they pay for a flight back to Babylon Gardens Airport? We shall see, and just yay! ^^ I love that smile on Fox though, it is quite nice to see a smile on his face.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

We dance, we kiss, we schmooze, we carry on, we go home happy. Whaddaya say? Come on.

So the game is done. What sort of wacky adventure will our furry heroes get themselves into next? Tune in next time to fine out! Same Housepets time! Same Housepets.....website....

I really do wonder what's going to happen from this point on. This was an incredibly big arc. Though it is over, there are a few things that just sort of ended. If I understood correctly, Rick had planned to take it further, but the community was getting tired of it. I don't blame him for ending it as he did. So, my mind right now is focused on Dragon and Pete. They were sentenced to at least 60 years of mortality, but GK's added note of "though they won't remember" just sorta sounds odd. Is it supposed to mean that they won't recall the minimum sentence, or is it something more (like a memory block of their immortality)? I'd imagine it could mean the former, but who knows but Rick? Considering they (along with GK and Cerbs) are staples in the Housepets universe, I'm confident that all of them will return in some form or another. It will be interesting to see how Dragon and Pete will make their reappearances, and how "heaven" will be involved with the comic from here on out. As for the comic itself, I wonder what sort of arcs and in-betweens Rick has planned?
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Now with King a Corgi forever my hopes that one of their offspring shall resemble Hope Corgi are safe
EHH123

Post by EHH123 »

And so the Game ends. It's been a fun ride.
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

*Stands and wildly applauds, screaming cheers!*

No, seriously. This is BEAUTIFUL. This is the scene I've been waiting for for so, so long. Kitsune is awesome, the scene is awesome, and King has finally chosen his true self.

Rick... seriously. You did absolutely amazing. It may have been your birthday, but you have given a gift to everyone else with this. Thank you.

Incidentally, happy birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't do another gift for you, but life has been busy... You know we all love you, and I'm always here for you, though.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Ryusuta wrote:*Stands and wildly applauds, screaming cheers!*

No, seriously. This is BEAUTIFUL. This is the scene I've been waiting for for so, so long. Kitsune is awesome, the scene is awesome, and King has finally chosen his true self.

Rick... seriously. You did absolutely amazing. It may have been your birthday, but you have given a gift to everyone else with this. Thank you.

Incidentally, happy birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't do another gift for you, but life has been busy... You know we all love you, and I'm always here for you, though.
*nodsnodsnods* amen to that!^^
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

The King has returned! :D

Let us all have a moment of silence for Joel, whom is no longer with us...

...oh hey Karishad, glad to finally see you around, I guess with both GK and Kari in the same shot that means they are not the same person, although if they are still good friends...

Now I cannot wait for the next one to see what the storyline is! Thanks Rick Griffin, you brought me on an emotional rollercoaster with this story arc but in the end I love it. :D
Gbr23 wrote:wait ... It´s done ... it´s finally over ... IT´S FINALLY OVER !!! IT´S FINALLY OVER !!! IT´S FINALLY OVER !!!
*hits over the head with a frying pan* Sorry, you were slowly going crazy.
Last edited by gamepopper on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amoren

Post by Amoren »

Only complaint is I was expecting a flash back/reminder to Bahamut's hints about the watch. Considering the watch wasn't involved for anything else, save for allowing him to resemble a corgi (and for Pete to try to intimidate him one last time), it must have been one huge hint going, "Kitsune is going to pull a small trick, pick the watch when he does so." Unless he still has the watch, but I doubt that would have been left out if it did.

Also, I'm half curious if Pete and the Dragon will enter the world as they are, albeit mortal. Or if they'll have to start their lives like everyone else?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well done Rick, a nice way to finally end this saga once and for all. I've obviously had my issues with this whole thing over the years however, overall I would say it wasn't bad of a read, not a good one but not a bad one at all. If I were to say judge this as a movie, it would be a pretty average one that felt like it over stayed its welcome a bit. I kind of want to go on about exactly why but I don't want to start arguments and at this point I feel it would be rather pointless anyway.

Enjoy your break Rick you deserve it!
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I hope this isn't the last we see of GK and/or Cerbs.
Well, Kitsune apparently knows Karishad... even if that just just means they chat on foxnet BBS [*] and he's not an NPC avatar... though that WOULD explain a lot.
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Good news: King gets to be happy
Bad news: Kari has maxed out Keene's credit card.
INCONCEIVABLE!

[*] What, of *course* foxes have their own forums!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

Now where is that plot twist at? *pondering gaze*
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

All in all good ending. The king is to stay for good, the demigods are learning a lesson as mortals, GK let them enjoy Australia a bit more, and Bailey can now make a million dog scarves out of her currently long scarf.
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

I'm gonna miss the celestial nerds. (including Pete and Dragon)

But after this nearly 5 months long Heaven arc, it really is the time for some break, and back to Peanut and Grape we all love. (or other characters)

I wish we will meet these celestial "jerks" someday, until then.
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

That was what I said was going to happen.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

CityRedFox wrote:I'm gonna miss the celestial nerds. (including Pete and Dragon)

But after this nearly 5 months long Heaven arc, it really is the time for some break, and back to Peanut and Grape we all love. (or other characters)

I wish we will meet these celestial "jerks" someday, until then.
I'm guessing we'll see them again; I doubt Rick would toss them all away like that. But we'll be seeing Dragon and Pete as mortals now. Hmm... I wonder what they'll be?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Seeing Fox happy as well is the best part. :3
Acritic2 wrote:I'm guessing we'll see them again; I doubt Rick would toss them all away like that. But we'll be seeing Dragon and Pete as mortals now. Hmm... I wonder what they'll be?
I still have a weird feeling they're going to be incarnated as King and Bailey's stubby-legged husky puppies. :twisted:
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

*yawns loudly* Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, I've been pretty sick these past few days. Anyways, IT'S OVER, FINISHED, DONE!!! I hope Kari knows what he's doing.
Kari: *waves at Kitsune nervously* Uh, hey... um, I'm definitely not trying to extend this arc. That would be crazy!
GK: Ok. *looks at Cerberus* I'm sure we'll be fine.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Oh no! Karishad's a ghost!
Feel my icy wrath!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Gamewolf67 wrote:Oh no! Karishad's a ghost!
For a ghost, he's pretty good at automobile maintenance. :lol:
PRDX4

Post by PRDX4 »

Great! Now we just need Pete and Dragon back and then Everything will almost be okay!
holmebrian

Post by holmebrian »

now we gotta wait the suspense is killing me to what happens next!
Happiness Designer
Location: In the corner of your mind, where reality and dreams clash and create a fabulous universe.

Post by Happiness Designer »

And they all lived happily ever after....

Except for Pete and Dragon, who are doomed to be mortals for dozens of years.

Honestly though, I thought it was really obvious that King was going to stay with Bailey. I still really enjoyed the ending, though.
~ Colors are good. ~
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; It is something you design for the present.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

holmebrian wrote:now we gotta wait the suspense is killing me to what happens next!
They all live happily ever after.....................in Australia because Kari busted the car. :D
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Kitch wrote:I still have a weird feeling they're going to be incarnated as King and Bailey's stubby-legged husky puppies. :twisted:
Not creepy at all.

And seriously, folks, they're not going to remember being demigods. So unless the Cosmic Powers That be mess up somehow there's no way to tell if they're in Babylon Acres or not. They're effectively gone.
Benjamin_Mahir

Post by Benjamin_Mahir »

Kitch wrote:Seeing Fox happy as well is the best part. :3
Acritic2 wrote:I'm guessing we'll see them again; I doubt Rick would toss them all away like that. But we'll be seeing Dragon and Pete as mortals now. Hmm... I wonder what they'll be?
I still have a weird feeling they're going to be incarnated as King and Bailey's stubby-legged husky puppies. :twisted:
No, I'm pretty certain only Pete is destined to be the son of the corgi he tormented for so long.
Dragon is probably going to date Fox eventually. After all, time was still subjective for them when they were being led off to be reborn, and since The Game had ended that means weird time [censored] is back on the table. I guess the only question is what kind of drama that is going to create between Dragon and Fox's two girlfriends back in heaven...
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Wow it was an AWESOME Arc and already one of my favourites :D
It really ended the story in a good way, with a little bit tension but not too much and always with some humor :lol:
Also.....Kari and Kitsune greet each other....is that some kind of Fanservice? :mrgreen:
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

SuperStar wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Oh yes it's over! Thank Baha- Was that out loud?

But I still don't get it... I thought Joel was meant to make the right choice, but he's still a dog. *gets murdered in his sleep*
The right choice based on who or what? YOUR views? The choice was based on what HE thought was right, there was no right or wrong choice. They were options and he chose the one he felt was right.
Hey hey hey. It's just a joke, I didn't mean it. Come on, I want King as a dog too.
Its ok. Perhaps i over reacted too. *hugs you*
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

Aww... I wanted to see the Wake up bit. Wonder what the next arc will be. Can't wait to see.

Guess King decided to stay King. Good choice.

And never mind, it is overplayed :)
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

Argent wrote: And seriously, folks, they're not going to remember being demigods. So unless the Cosmic Powers That be mess up somehow there's no way to tell if they're in Babylon Acres or not. They're effectively gone.
I have confidence if they do make their appearance again sometime, we will know it's them.

Besides, I always can't understand why make them amnesia. If they don't have any self-awareness, how can it be a punish for them?

Even this arc is finally over, it still leaves a lot of suspension. I will be sad if today really is the end and none of the question answered.
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Glad to see King chose to stay a Dog. A great ending, but dissapointed we don't get to see Dragon and Pete for this last bit. Though maybe Wednesday we'll get to see them. Who knows.
Here's hoping they don't get mindwiped and the gods in general continue to be characters in the story.
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
The exterior form of Man they wear,But are in fact both Wolf and Bear,
The transformation’s in the Soul.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Interesting idea: Tarot IS Dragon.

Time is objective in Heaven, so it's possible Dragon and Pete might not be incarnated in the present timeframe. That opens up the possibility that Dragon could've been incarnated as Tarot, which would explain Tarot's latent powers.
Argent

Post by Argent »

CityRedFox wrote:Besides, I always can't understand why make them amnesia. If they don't have any self-awareness, how can it be a punish for them?
Yeh, that bit seems creepy. Think of what it's like for the mortal they spend their life as, they show up at the pearly gates and Cerberus is all "Oh, sorry, you don't get your just rewards, you get absorbed back into this demigod instead".
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Kitch wrote:Interesting idea: Tarot IS Dragon.

Time is objective in Heaven, so it's possible Dragon and Pete might not be incarnated in the present timeframe. That opens up the possibility that Dragon could've been incarnated as Tarot, which would explain Tarot's latent powers.
I've had this sort of theory before.
(And I think you mean time is Subjective. Mortal Sophonts have an objective view of time.)

I've discounted it because I don't think the gods are capable of time travel.
Also Time Travel just makes things really confusing, see for example. 'By His Bootstraps', 'The Man Who Folded Himself' and '—All You Zombies—'
Last edited by WireWolf on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
The exterior form of Man they wear,But are in fact both Wolf and Bear,
The transformation’s in the Soul.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Its ok. Perhaps i over reacted too. *hugs you*
Free hugs! Get your free hugs here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
CityRedFox wrote:Besides, I always can't understand why make them amnesia. If they don't have any self-awareness, how can it be a punish for them?
Yeh, that bit seems creepy. Think of what it's like for the mortal they spend their life as, they show up at the pearly gates and Cerberus is all "Oh, sorry, you don't get your just rewards, you get absorbed back into this demigod instead".
Or they die and wake up in a version of a Cylon resurrection booth surrounded by other godlings.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)