2014/09/10 - Consultation Prize

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Leven

Re: 2014/09/10 - Consultation Prize

Post by Leven »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
Leven wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:Im sure Kitsune is not gonna tell him which one is which...........i dunno im not feeling too optimistic right now.

It's most likely, after all it wouldn't be a sur-prize otherwise. xD A fox has gotta have his fun, whenever and where ever he can get it. "Come on pick a box, I know you want to." I'm sure is what he is thinking.
Yes except that that fun is ONLY fun for Kitzune whether Joel suffers or not. In my mind right now hes slowing sinking to Petes level of trickery! Hes basically giving him the exact same choice Pete made him but without the whole avatar thing so really were right back where we started!

I dunno.....Ive been in situations where ive made choices and lost so Seeing Joel in that situation is a bit disheartening cuz he could lose all of the happiness he has gained as King and go back to the downward spiral he was on before Pete showed up. And it WOULD be a downward spiral. He was about to serve time in prison.
I'm with you there honestly, and since you put it that way I can see why it's disheartening. Indeed except Kitsune has become more of a trickster than Pete was from the start, which is sad. But I do like his expressions, and well I don't think Kitsune harbors any harm towards Joel. As I'm guessing that things in the boxes is some how the watch or to fully become King the corgi. We all have hard choices, so I understand having made the wrong choices myself. But anyways the only thing we can do, is hope somehow that King makes the right choice. But also prepare for the wrong one as well.
TomaTanuki

Post by TomaTanuki »

Xane wrote:I don't think the game was rigged. I think Kitsune would have let it play out normally if Pete and Dragon had plaid fairly, not resorted to bullying, harassing, and otherwise mistreating mortals, rules lawyering, and being crybabies. They could have both had avatars that didn't resent them, played the game fairly, and one of them would have won (or maybe it would have ended in a draw). Instead they both abused their avatars, Pete being mean and Dragon whining until she got her way so in the end nobody wanted to play for them.

He said he was hoping they would have learned before it came to this extreme. They didn't!

Definitely not happy about the whole "they won't remember" thing though. What's the point of even doing it then?
I don't know. Again, just going by what I've seen in the comic I think Kitsune knew their personalities well enough to predict how it was going to go.

As for the "they won't remember" I think that means they won't remember who they are while mortal. That's really want bothers me so much. Even if they are reintroduced as new characters in the future, it really won't matter. The actual characters of Pete and Spirit Dragon are gone.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

raxim42 wrote:Seriously gonna lose sleep over this "choice" thing until the next strip comes out
Well if it makes you feel any better:

1. You're definitely not alone in feeling that.
2. It's likely he won't choose next strip; we'll be left to ponder over the weekend.

Still, unlike before, while I am anxious to find out his fate, it feels like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders now that the cosmic nerds are getting what's coming to them. :)

Also, I'm going to offer a prediction...I agree with the theory that one of the cosmic nerds will be reincarnated as one of King and Bailey's pups (likely Pete), and one of the other couples will eventually have a reincarnated SD as a pup/kitten/whatever. The two will be unaware of who is who for a bit, but the moment they find out...Round 2...FIGHT! (Bonus points if SD and Pete become friends beforehand :P)

That said, I'm sure you'll make the right decision, King. :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention...I don't think Kitsune will make either box a cruel choice, considering panel 2 here...

Last edited by Lucid_Dragon on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Leven wrote:
I'm with you there honestly, and since you put it that way I can see why it's disheartening. Indeed except Kitsune has become more of a trickster than Pete was from the start, which is sad. But I do like his expressions, and well I don't think Kitsune harbors any harm towards Joel. As I'm guessing that things in the boxes is some how the watch or to fully become King the corgi. We all have hard choices, so I understand having made the wrong choices myself. But anyways the only thing we can do, is hope somehow that King makes the right choice. But also prepare for the wrong one as well.
I dunno. I just dont see why he has to make a choice. If i was GK id just ask King what he wants to do.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

So, minimum of 60 years, but in relation to what? Human years? Cat years? Dog years? Dogs live for around 10-13 human years on average, which is about 70-91 years for a dog. This is an average, not a range, so a dog can possibly live less or more than that naturally. A cat's average lifespan is about 12-14 human years.
valerio

Post by valerio »

copper wrote:You know what would be fun? If King chooses to remain a dog, so Kitsune places Pete in Joel's body to live out the remainder of his mortal life! The contract said 60 years or more, and Joel is maybe 25, so he could conceivably live another 60 years easily.... that might be fun, seeing Pete in jail as Joel and having to live Joel's life.
so...awesome.
But one of the nerds as King's pup? *shivers* that would be plain cruel.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Why does Kitsune make for such awesome avatars? :lol:
This ought to be fun, I wonder if Pete will try to cling to any power he can, like Keene's mana?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Kyuunado wrote:Why does Kitsune make for such awesome avatars? :lol:
This ought to be fun, I wonder if Pete will try to cling to any power he can, like Keene's mana?
That is, if he can remember it. I imagine somewhere down the road Pete could find out about his past and make a smash & grab attempt for the manna.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Leven

Post by Leven »

Kyuunado wrote:Why does Kitsune make for such awesome avatars? :lol:
Because Kitsune has such amazing expressions. xD Well even if he doesn't have omnipotent power, later in life if he grows up and learns to curb that jerkiness he'll have a leadership role or something along the way. As his attitude would fit a CEO honestly, and if he uses it for the right purposes he will be rich during his mortal existence. Does this mean in 60 years, Kitsune will be their savior or their grim reaper? Only time can tell in the end.
Frank

Post by Frank »

TomaTanuki wrote:Finally decided to register for the comic. Mainly because... I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, Pete and Dragon have been more or less killed off now. Okay, maybe not literally but it's highly unlikely we'll see them again. It just seems like a really bittersweet way to send off two long running characters.
Personally I maintain that they will keep showing up and will look a lot like they do now. It may be for the lulz of "they don't remember anything" but I'm pretty sure Rick will use them again
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
SettaFlamowitz

Post by SettaFlamowitz »

The 'up' and 'down' boxes make me think that the choice is 'ascend to Heaven now' or 'retroactively have been a Corgi your entire life.'

... Though for some reason, I also have the thought that Pete might be getting incarnated as a mortal in the past, born with the name of 'Joel.' In which case all of his jerking Joel around falls off of Pete's karma-meter because he would then turn out to have only been abusing himself.

... Harassing himself, anyway.
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

SettaFlamowitz wrote:The 'up' and 'down' boxes make me think that the choice is 'ascend to Heaven now' or 'retroactively have been a Corgi your entire life.'

... Though for some reason, I also have the thought that Pete might be getting incarnated as a mortal in the past, born with the name of 'Joel.' In which case all of his jerking Joel around falls off of Pete's karma-meter because he would then turn out to have only been abusing himself.

... Harassing himself, anyway.
That right there... that messed me up.
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Everyone is ignoring another possibility. Maybe Pete and Dragon will simply have the terms of the Contract Retgonned from their minds.
Read what Kitsune said.
"Which will last a minimum of 60 years--Though they won't remember."

It sort of defeats the purpose of being made mortal when you know exactly when you you'd be allowed to die and go back to being a god. One of the big things about mortality after all is uncertainty. None of us know when we're going to get our tickets punched.

I like to think that this is a much more likely scenario then merely locking away their memories till they pass on and go back to being gods. Both Pete and Dragon have taken positive steps in character development. (Pete actually apologized! While Dragon realizes her actions have hurt others.) It would be a gross disservice to their characters to wipe their slates clean so soon after a big break like this and with their last words as 'Pete and Spirit Dragon' being idle banter after something as big as the last panel. Also it'd be infinitely more amusing for the pair of them going from gods to being mortals. There's a stronger lesson in that. Though I also think there's no reason for them to start off being born and all that. It's taking the pair out of circulation for quite a long time and it would require either a really long timeskip before they can contribute to the story in any meaningful way or we'd have to wait another year or two for things to develop.

Though this does make me want to ask if anyone else's neck hurt from the mood whiplash we got in this new panel?
We go from a really emotional and dramatic scene with Pete having a mental breakdown and on the floor and Dragon crying her eyes out, to the Great Kitsune goofing off and Dragon and Pete calm and acting resigned.
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
The exterior form of Man they wear,But are in fact both Wolf and Bear,
The transformation’s in the Soul.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

More than likely the Mortal thems won't recall being higher beings. After their time is done they'll return to the higher state and - probably - remember their mortal lives.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

So...Pete didn't care at all about 100000 years in solitary confinement (http://www.housepetscomic.com/2012/05/30/slide-rule/), but he was so mad he raged and cried about drawing with another all-powerful being he was playing with? I mean, the punishment is quite lax in comparison, and he already proved that he didn't really mind a MORE powerful being decided his fate.

The only reasonable thing I can think of is that he's so prideful, even tieing for first (despite knowing there's more powerful beings above him) is enough to set him of...after living for at least 100000 years...huh.
TomaTanuki

Post by TomaTanuki »

Xane wrote:See, I'm taking "they won't remember" to mean they won't remember having been mortal after they die and turn back into superjerks. One would think remembering being powerless and having to survive a normal life after it's over would be important. Not sure whether remembering their demijerk selves while they're mortal would be a good thing though.
Exactly, which is why I think it's the other way. They'll live out their mortal lives no knowing who they are, they when they die they'll go back to being themselves, having learned how hard it is for mortals to live. A good lesson for them, to be sure, but it would still mean the characters won't appear again baring the time travel someone suggested. I mean, yeah if that's the case I'd love to see them show up again in the future, humbled and making amends with the cast. But I have a bad habit of assuming the more depressing result, and that's telling me that they're never going to be seen again. So... I guess i'm in mourning. I admit, it's silly. I'm overly sensative when it comes to things like this. But I've grown attatched to the characters and I'm sad to see them go.
Last edited by TomaTanuki on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leven

Post by Leven »

Though this made me think something, will Spirit Dragon who is mortal without her memory. That's means she'll forget her promise to Tarot, and try to split them up again if she ever does meet Peanut. Even if it's not possible to break them up, and this is speculation. That's if their mortal existences are as housepets in all honesty, more so than they have in literal terms. I'm pretty sure Rick will find a way to bring them in again, after all Pete being far older in the comic than Spirit Dragon. But they have been here for so long, would be kind sad to see them go.
Attachments
2008-11-19-sylvan-glen.png
2008-11-19-sylvan-glen.png (76.67 KiB) Viewed 11599 times
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:More than likely the Mortal thems won't recall being higher beings. After their time is done they'll return to the higher state and - probably - remember their mortal lives.
Which is problematic because it more or less erases Pete and Dragon from the story for the foreseeable future.
Whatever mortal forms their given it won't be Pete or Dragon. Sophont's (I'd normally say Humans but in a comic with sapient animals this is a bit Humanocentric.) are products of our memory, and are further shaped by our experiences. Our personalities...The core's of what we consider to be 'Us' are shaped by these things. If their memories are more or less locked and Mortal Guises are a literal tabula rasa then the characters aren't Pete and Dragon anymore....At least not until they 'Wake Up'
But even that opens up a can of worms because now your dealing with a completely unique individual suddenly becoming 'Aware' of millions of years of new memories and experiences....What happens if the person that 'Pete' becomes in his mortal life is so utterly divorced from Pete we know that the two can't be the same character?
What are they then but Brutes? ‘Tis vice alone that constitutes. Th’enchanting wand and magic bowl,
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pete may be back much sooner than one thinks: after all, Keene needs his 'divine employee' for his plans.
And Keene is currently the only mortal who detains an active mana egg imbued with Pete's power.
And there is STILL the question of the giant blue griffin feather: Who knows? Grape could write down a contract with that...
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

valerio wrote:Pete may be back much sooner than one thinks: after all, Keene needs his 'divine employee' for his plans.
And Keene is currently the only mortal who detains an active mana egg imbued with Pete's power.
And there is STILL the question of the giant blue griffin feather: Who knows? Grape could write down a contract with that...
That's probably more then a little problematic. Kitsune and Cerberus are likely going to make sure nothing mucks about with their mortality until at least they hit the sixty year mark....Kitsune is packing that book of fate afterall. You'd probably need something that bypasses Fate and godly omniscience.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:Definitely not happy about the whole "they won't remember" thing though. What's the point of even doing it then?
I think it means they won't remember, as humans, that they used to be gods.

Which is still kind of a jerk move. You live your life as a mortal and die and instead of getting your happy ever after you get subsumed into a greater mind, everything you thought you were lost in millions of years of another person's experiences.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Argent wrote:
Xane wrote:Definitely not happy about the whole "they won't remember" thing though. What's the point of even doing it then?
I think it means they won't remember, as humans, that they used to be gods.

Which is still kind of a jerk move. You live your life as a mortal and die and instead of getting your happy ever after you get subsumed into a greater mind, everything you thought you were lost in millions of years of another person's experiences.
You assume they're going to be human? :p
The game was using Dogs and Cats as players. Wouldn't it be more likely they're mortal selves are dogs and cats?

I'm pretty sure the animals in this universe have MUCH longer lifespans.
Leven

Post by Leven »

I'm curious about the flames above Kitsune's tails, as I'm wondering if they are showing how much power Kistsune is using to bring forth those boons. or maybe to show all the knowledge he has gained. But I think it's the first one, though I could be wrong.
Argent

Post by Argent »

WireWolf wrote:You assume they're going to be human? :p
Animals in HP! only live about 40 years. But the jerk move doesn't change if they're just unusually long-lived animals.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Leven wrote:I'm curious about the flames above Kitsune's tails, as I'm wondering if they are showing how much power Kistsune is using to bring forth those boons. or maybe to show all the knowledge he has gained. But I think it's the first one, though I could be wrong.
Nah, that's part of a Kitsune's iconoghrapy
WireWolf

Post by WireWolf »

Argent wrote:
WireWolf wrote:You assume they're going to be human? :p
Animals in HP! only live about 40 years. But the jerk move doesn't change if they're just unusually long-lived animals.
The terms of the contract could be 'Sixty Years equivalent in pet years' not sixty human years.
Honestly? I'd be INCREDIBLY surprised if Kitsune turned them into humans.
Leven

Post by Leven »

valerio wrote:
Leven wrote:I'm curious about the flames above Kitsune's tails, as I'm wondering if they are showing how much power Kistsune is using to bring forth those boons. or maybe to show all the knowledge he has gained. But I think it's the first one, though I could be wrong.
Nah, that's part of a Kitsune's iconoghrapy
That makes a lot of sense honestly. ^^ I will begin to comprehend what's going through Rick's mind, even though I probably won't be able to guess what the next page will be. xD
CityRedFox

Post by CityRedFox »

I think those flames are Kitsunebi (fox fire). It's said that when nine-tails unleash their powers, Kitsunebi will appear. Some say Kitsunebi can burn down everything, while some say it's just for warmth.

Sparks remain...what is that "spark" thing?
Seems I am not the only one concern about that "60 years." Isn't it a little too long for dogs or cats even in this universe? It will be a pity if these two aren't going to join the Babylon Garden as pets.

Assume Kitsune was behind all of these, including the lamp, the "delay favor", and bringing Cerberus to the soda shop. It actually makes me wonder why. What's the motive? It must be more than just "teach them a lesson." We definitely need more story arcs about this nine-tail!

Man, although this whole "cosmic game arc" is finally come to an end, it still leaves lots of questions, not to mention what's going to happen to the temple, the drop of Pete's mana, and where's Karishad all these time?
ChakatShorttail

Post by ChakatShorttail »

I hope Joel isn't picking between Dragon and Pete as his and Bailey's child....
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Grrrr just when i was gettin to let GK get under my fur he pulls the chose-one-of-the-boxes-with-the-unreadable-tags trick.

Im guessing one box is returning to life as a human and ending up in jail or whatever and the other is being a corgi and being with Bailey......
Or maybe one package allows him the powers of a demigod....

"Could be something good, could be a clunk, could be a check for $25,000 ! Go get it!" ( An Internet to the GameShow geek who can name the reference. )
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Welp, Kitsune just went FULL KITSUNE in this strip. Wouldn't be surprised if one of those boxes had seven boxes in it and in one of those boxes is two fish but three of the other boxes have four tons of confetti in them and the remaining boxes are whatever was in the box you didn't choose which just so happened to contain seven more boxes and-- wait, where am I? :shock:
Miles the Wolf wrote:I can just imagine someone making a CGI game show with the entire HP cast playing. On second thought, I could do that! I've got enough software.

Let the games begin! :twisted:
Dude, if you pull that off, you would be one of the greatest of the beings. That NEEDS to be a thingle thangle! :D
ImageImageImageImage
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Dat grin on GK in panel 7. x3
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

valerio wrote:Pete may be back much sooner than one thinks: after all, Keene needs his 'divine employee' for his plans.
That...is...GENIUS! I never thought of that, especially the latter part with Grape! *mindblown*
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Here's my pure fan speculation, informed only by observation and deductive reasoning. It does not contain any "insider" information to which I may be privy.

Fan backlash against the Cosmic Nerds in their entirety was so strong it forced a change of when various events were going to play out. The end of The Game was rushed. As the duel between Pete and Spirit Dragon is over, they will no longer appear in the Housepets! universe. All the Heaven-based characters have effectively been written out. Pete and Spirit Dragon will spend the next 60 years or so in their mortal shells with no knowledge of the anti-lives they've led. Great Kitsune's role as game master and arbiter over the Pete-Spirit Dragon duel is over, so he's got no real reason to stick around in the Housepets! universe; he'll likely be gallivanting off to cause mischief elsewhere. Cerberus may be present, but I doubt we'll see her, barring character death. She's pretty no-frills and business-oriented, for the most part.

Don't expect to see Pete, Spirit Dragon, or Great Kitsune again. They were written off to appease angry fans. It makes no sense for them to continue showing up. The end of The Game was brought about to move back to more lighthearted strips, the slice-of-life stuff that was the comic's emphasis till a few years back.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
falcon01

Post by falcon01 »

What if Joel's choice is to choose between his happy ending and theirs? perhaps a sacrificial choice would "win" him the chance to stay King and still let Pete and Spirit Dragon off the hook so to speak?

Arf, my head! maybe I just think too much into things.....
"They say in the darkest night there's a light beyond"
Titanium Dragon

Post by Titanium Dragon »

Dissension wrote:Here's my pure fan speculation, informed only by observation and deductive reasoning. It does not contain any "insider" information to which I may be privy.

Fan backlash against the Cosmic Nerds in their entirety was so strong it forced a change of when various events were going to play out. The end of The Game was rushed. As the duel between Pete and Spirit Dragon is over, they will no longer appear in the Housepets! universe. All the Heaven-based characters have effectively been written out. Pete and Spirit Dragon will spend the next 60 years or so in their mortal shells with no knowledge of the anti-lives they've led. Great Kitsune's role as game master and arbiter over the Pete-Spirit Dragon duel is over, so he's got no real reason to stick around in the Housepets! universe; he'll likely be gallivanting off to cause mischief elsewhere. Cerberus may be present, but I doubt we'll see her, barring character death. She's pretty no-frills and business-oriented, for the most part.

Don't expect to see Pete, Spirit Dragon, or Great Kitsune again. They were written off to appease angry fans. It makes no sense for them to continue showing up. The end of The Game was brought about to move back to more lighthearted strips, the slice-of-life stuff that was the comic's emphasis till a few years back.
Always really struck me as a little impossible to do; it has had an undercurrent of seriousness since almost its inception. Certainly for longer than I've been reading the comic. It doesn't really seem like you can plausibly "go back" to something which only barely existed in the first place.

Not that the SoL stuff isn't great, but honestly King's arc has always been the most interesting thing about the comic to me.

Incidentally, re: Dragon and Pete:

Given their point of view on pets in the universe, making Dragon a pet would be an ironic punishment, but it wouldn't be an ironic punishment for Pete at all - he already knows that the subservient position of animals in the world is wrong, so making him one isn't really an ironic punishment.
inejwstine

Post by inejwstine »

WireWolf wrote:Everyone is ignoring another possibility. Maybe Pete and Dragon will simply have the terms of the Contract Retgonned from their minds.
Read what Kitsune said.
"Which will last a minimum of 60 years--Though they won't remember."

It sort of defeats the purpose of being made mortal when you know exactly when you you'd be allowed to die and go back to being a god. One of the big things about mortality after all is uncertainty. None of us know when we're going to get our tickets punched.
Also confused by "--though they won't remember." Won't remember what? I like this explanation the most though. I reeeeeally hope they do remember the fact that they're demigods while they're trapped in mortal bodies!
A family friendly anthro webcomic; updates Tuesdays!
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I'm sure Karishad is Kitsune's mortal world disguise, since they are both mischievous with a joker behaviour. Plus Kitsune likes the HP universe so much so why wouldn't he constantly go down when he's there, not to mention Karishad has the unexplained ability to even fool the gods...

Also, with powers diminishing, this would mean Tarot will have to be more normal-*bricked*

Finally, my theory on Joel's prize. Since the labels translate to up & down, I'm going with GameCobra's theory of it being a choice of heaven (dog) or earth (human), although I'm gonna guess there is a cost to both.

If Joel chooses "Up", he will spend the remainder of his life as King, but with no memory of being human, people around may not even recognise him as being Joel. So it'll be a good choice so he can be with Bailey and return to Babylon Gardens, the lack of human might change him.

If Joel chooses "Down", he'll remain human for the rest of his life, but with his life changed so that he never met Pete. This comes with the cost of him being a dog never happening, meaning no Fox, Bailey or anything involving King. Whether or not he'll keep memory with this choice would effect how good/bad this choice might be.

Looking forward to Friday. :D
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

SettaFlamowitz wrote:The 'up' and 'down' boxes make me think that the choice is 'ascend to Heaven now' or 'retroactively have been a Corgi your entire life.'
Joel: "I'll take the up box!"
GK: You're sure you want the Up box?
Joel: (Takes a moment to consider) "Yes! Yes! Up box, Final answer."
GK: "Ok, you're going for the up box....lets take a look at what 's in the 'Up' box..." GK peeks into it "Oh my! Oh my, oh my, oh my. Joel my friend, inside this box...this little box... The up box which you had the free will to pick or not to pick ... .in this box....IS THE RIGHT TO STAY A DOG, LIVE OUT YOUR LIFE WITH BAILEY AND BOTH OF YOU LIVE OUT ETERNITY HAPPILY IN HEAVEN!"
( Everthing celebrates yet stops immediately as GK says, "Too bad you didn't win that..."
Joel: "What?"
GK: Well, Joel...as you know, we are in Australia, commonly known as The Land Down Under...so in relation to your native land the US, the 'Up' box is in reality the 'Down' box and vice versa. You choose the 'Up' box, quite clearly and so for you, that naturally is the equivalent of the 'Down' box here. So lets see what you won...." (GK peeks into the 'Down' box.) "Hmmmm...well...that's a surprise....in this box...the one whose contents you have won... You've won..... (To be continued).

Miles the Wolf wrote:I can just imagine someone making a CGI game show with the entire HP cast playing. On second thought, I could do that! I've got enough software.

Let the games begin! :twisted:
Wheel......Of......Housepets!
This is Housepettery!!
All this could be yours if....The Housepets are Right!
One of these Housepets is sitting in the secret square, if that Housepet is chosen you could win the Jackpot, Which Housepet, is it? Itsuki?, The Good Ol' Dogs Club background characters?, Dutchess?, Truck?, Zack?, Sasha?, The Other Daryll?, Allan and the Groundsquirrels?, or the creepy CG recreation of Paul Lynde? All in the Babylon Garden Squares!
Who Wants to be a Housepets Millionaire?
Mystery Housepet, would you enter and sign in please?

I know Rick writes and draws these weeks in advance, but if he continues the Game Show motif in the next strip, I hope he can slip in a 'tell him what he's won, Don Pardo' since we lost the veteran announcer a few weeks ago.
Sirberus

Post by Sirberus »

I'm so excited, I just need to stop reading these as soon as they go up, so I don't sit there for the next 48 hours staring at the same comic waiting.
But yeah, I get the feeling that we will be seeing hose two again "shortly"