Gbr23

Re: 2014/09/10 - Consultation Prize

Post by Gbr23 »

Choose left .. no, right

... NO, LEFT

... RIGHT !

or left
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I wonder what (or who) is in each of those packages. Maybe he gets both? :shock:

Or it's the choose one or the other and Pete and Dragon are not in those presents as stubby legged husky puppies. <= (More likely) :lol: :?
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I laughed so hard at the third panel. And, YAY!!! I LOVE SURPRIZES! Let me guess, Its another Spot (Superdog) Comic.
And Kitsune just gained another point on my likeability scale! Still holding first with 10/10 is MILES!
Last edited by Miles the Wolf on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

OK the third panel was just goofy! Seeing GK with that style hair just made it all the more funny! Hm, I wonder what's in those boxes *insert Se7en reference here* and I wonder which one, if any, King will choose. Though I get the feeling he's going to choose to change back into a dog and stay with Bailey (though with the face GK is making in the 7th panel, for some reason, worries me).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Buretsu

Post by Buretsu »

For anyone wondering:

Left Box: "Up"
Right Box: "Down"

SFX: "Gon" (sound of a gong, I believe)
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Diss wrote:[ I think we can all agree that the Great Kitsune is probably the best person ever. ]
Yes.

I certainly can agree, in any case.

This is the highlight of the whole arc for me. I know I keep saying this, but awesome Kitsune is awesome.
*cough*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Wow.

That fourth Panel.

I have to comment that I absolutely love the way his mouth is drawn there. Like a butler trying to hide his delightful smile, but shows just enough teeth to know he's enjoying every minute of it.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

So Kitsune finally lives up to his name in the last panel!!

I kinda feel sad for Pete and SD.... I really do. All of their existence up until now will feel like less time than 60 years as a mortal. They will be born, live lives, grow old, and die, only then knowing they are immortal beings trapped in mortal bodies that were not real.... just seems like an over the top punishment for some reason.

So King/Joel will FINALLY make his choice.... I say he goes back to being a human. :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GON! Random Kitsune Japanese game show :lol:
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Grrrr just when i was gettin to let GK get under my fur he pulls the chose-one-of-the-boxes-with-the-unreadable-tags trick.

Im guessing one box is returning to life as a human and ending up in jail or whatever and the other is being a corgi and being with Bailey......
Douglas Collier

copper wrote:So King/Joel will FINALLY make his choice.... I say he goes back to being a human. :D
That would sort of nullify his marriage to Bailey (if it had any legal standing whatsoever to begin with). :? Unless either of the presents is a watch for Bailey! :D
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Buretsu wrote:For anyone wondering:

Thanks I was actually going to look for the translations myself as I knew people would ask.

Lets see what he gets! Knowing what I do of Kitsune myth its generally a trick so it likely doesn't matter what he picks, likely both are the same thing anyway.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

copper wrote:So King/Joel will FINALLY make his choice.... I say he goes back to being a human. :D
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Then this whole thing would have been pointless. :cry:
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Douglas Collier

I can see a few more Kitsune avatars coming out of this strip. :lol:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wait, so they won't remember being mortal or being demi-gods?

Anyway, Kitsune really knows how to have fun with things. And this is where I wish I knew just a little Japanese, it may be a hint for the boxes.

So, anyone have a knowledge of Japanese?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Leven

Post by Leven »

Pick both, or pick one your choice. xD Can't wait to see what Mortal Pete and Dragon will look like honestly. But you never know what choice is least benefical to you hahaha.

Also love the expressions here, especially kitusnes last one. Reason I made it an avatar.
Last edited by Leven on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

Lol i love kitsune xD hes like a slightly evil goofball. thank goodness this isnt a friday comic.. to much suspense lol

What boon is King referring too? why is it a surprise? lol
Last edited by KingFan202 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If the boxes do indeed stand for "up" and "down", I think the deal here is the Kitsune knows exactly how Joel's mind works: He's going to let Joel decide what he thinks the best moral decision is for him:

Up means Heaven. He's going to let him become a dog.
Down can either be the mortal decision or further from that. He goes back to being his normal human self and lives life the same way he was uninterrupted.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Buretsu wrote:For anyone wondering:

So, is Joel going to take the money or open the box?

Rules explained with great hilarity,
passion, poise, panache and parity,
a fun-loving Fox steals Sabrina's shake
and the fates make the players quake.
They've lost the most in this old show
and gathering mortality is the way to go,
they're about to see all there is to know;
living the mortal life, blow by blow.
Joel now faces the choice of the box
and maybe this choice matches his goals?
The decision demanded by the godfox...
One choice, two boxes, two souls...

(I kept changing rhyming styles to honour the Kitsune for all his costume changes!)
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Im sure Kitsune is not gonna tell him which one is which...........i dunno im not feeling too optimistic right now.
Douglas Collier

I just hope that those two learn from their experience as mortals, not just regress once they have access to INFINITE COSMIC POWER afterward. :roll: (Or maybe they'll choose to stay mortal for another lifetime or two? :shock: )
TomaTanuki

Post by TomaTanuki »

Finally decided to register for the comic. Mainly because... I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, Pete and Dragon have been more or less killed off now. Okay, maybe not literally but it's highly unlikely we'll see them again. It just seems like a really bittersweet way to send off two long running characters.

And, yeah I know that this means we can get back to the slice of life stories of the comic and I love those. But it's still a shame to see them go out like this, especially now that we all know the "game" was rigged from the start.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

I can just imagine someone making a CGI game show with the entire HP cast playing. On second thought, I could do that! I've got enough software.

Let the games begin! :twisted:
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

TomaTanuki wrote:Finally decided to register for the comic. Mainly because... I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, Pete and Dragon have been more or less killed off now. Okay, maybe not literally but it's highly unlikely we'll see them again. It just seems like a really bittersweet way to send off two long running characters.

And, yeah I know that this means we can get back to the slice of life stories of the comic and I love those. But it's still a shame to see them go out like this, especially now that we all know the "game" was rigged from the start.
First, welcome to the forums! Second, +1 for using a quote from New Vegas. Third, although Pete and Dragon will be in mortal bodies, I wouldn't count on Rick "killing" them off or not including them in future arcs.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Douglas Collier

TomaTanuki wrote:Finally decided to register for the comic. Mainly because... I'm not sure how to feel about this. I mean, Pete and Dragon have been more or less killed off now. Okay, maybe not literally but it's highly unlikely we'll see them again. It just seems like a really bittersweet way to send off two long running characters.

They'll probably become residents of Babylon Gardens. ;)
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

Seriously gonna lose sleep over this "choice" thing until the next strip comes out
Leven

Post by Leven »

ConvoyWolf wrote:Im sure Kitsune is not gonna tell him which one is which...........i dunno im not feeling too optimistic right now.

It's most likely, after all it wouldn't be a sur-prize otherwise. xD A fox has gotta have his fun, whenever and where ever he can get it. "Come on pick a box, I know you want to." I'm sure is what he is thinking.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Joel: "I'll take the right box! The right!"
GK: "You took that box!"
*audience applause*
GK: "Let's see what's in the box!"
*box is empty, audience gasps*
GK: "NOTHING! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!"
*turns to Joel*
GK: "STUPAD!! YOU'RE SO STUPAD!!!!"
Vyath

Post by Vyath »

Believe it or not, I actually think I'm going to miss Pete...
TomaTanuki

Post by TomaTanuki »

SeanWolf wrote:

First, welcome to the forums! Second, +1 for using a quote from New Vegas. Third, although Pete and Dragon will be in mortal bodies, I wouldn't count on Rick "killing" them off or not including them in future arcs.
Thank you for the welcome. And while it wasn't meant as a reference I'll still take the point since NV is one of my favorite games ^^

Anyway, based on what was said in the comic, and what someone else said on this forum, what's going to happen is both Pete and Dragon are going to be reincarnated as mortals and live out lives from birth to death with no memory of who they are. I don't know if I or they are misinterpreting what Rick's intention was but if that is the case then yeah, they're pretty much gone for good.
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

Vyath wrote:Believe it or not, I actually think I'm going to miss Pete...
Oh absolutely! No matter how much of a jerk he is he has really grown on me as a character.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

TomaTanuki wrote: Anyway, based on what was said in the comic, and what someone else said on this forum, what's going to happen is both Pete and Dragon are going to be reincarnated as mortals and live out lives from birth to death with no memory of who they are. I don't know if I or they are misinterpreting what Rick's intention was but if that is the case then yeah, they're pretty much gone for good.
Hmm. Possibly. Possibly not. Kitsune has godlike powers and knew how things were to go. So who's to say he can't place the baby mortal Pete and Dragon a few years/months in the past? That way they could be the same age as the others now.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Leven wrote:
ConvoyWolf wrote:Im sure Kitsune is not gonna tell him which one is which...........i dunno im not feeling too optimistic right now.

It's most likely, after all it wouldn't be a sur-prize otherwise. xD A fox has gotta have his fun, whenever and where ever he can get it. "Come on pick a box, I know you want to." I'm sure is what he is thinking.
Yes except that that fun is ONLY fun for Kitzune whether Joel suffers or not. In my mind right now hes slowing sinking to Petes level of trickery! Hes basically giving him the exact same choice Pete made him but without the whole avatar thing so really were right back where we started!

I dunno.....Ive been in situations where ive made choices and lost so Seeing Joel in that situation is a bit disheartening cuz he could lose all of the happiness he has gained as King and go back to the downward spiral he was on before Pete showed up. And it WOULD be a downward spiral. He was about to serve time in prison.
Douglas Collier

I imagine Kitsune isn't going to leave Pete and Dragon to fend for themselves. If they're going to be pets (most likely) then Kitsune will either assign someone to watch over them or, better yet, fill in as their caretaker himself. :mrgreen:
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

Douglas Collier wrote:I imagine Kitsune isn't going to leave them to fend for themselves. If they're going to be pets (most likely) then Kitsune will either assign someone to watch over them or, better yet, fill in as their caretaker himself. :mrgreen:
Oh Douglas you clever devil, now this is exactly what I want to happen to them. :lol:
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Douglas Collier wrote:I imagine Kitsune isn't going to leave Pete and Dragon to fend for themselves. If they're going to be pets (most likely) then Kitsune will either assign someone to watch over them or, better yet, fill in as their caretaker himself. :mrgreen:
Ooh, this is gonna be good! :twisted:
valerio

Post by valerio »

There is so much WIN in this comic that it'd take a book to cover it all! :D
I don't think Kitsune gave Joel a choice betwen 'nice gift' and 'uh-oh'. The real trick may be: 'Dear, if you don't want a surprise, just make ONE, considered, final choice'.

Plus, to quote Xane, the one that indeed did learn a lesson was King. How about majestic irony, Petey?
Douglas Collier

Now I want to see an arc with Kitsune and Itsuki. :P
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

You know what would be fun? If King chooses to remain a dog, so Kitsune places Pete in Joel's body to live out the remainder of his mortal life! The contract said 60 years or more, and Joel is maybe 25, so he could conceivably live another 60 years easily.... that might be fun, seeing Pete in jail as Joel and having to live Joel's life.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?