2014/09/08 - Chaos Rains

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2014/09/08 - Chaos Rains

Post by Dissension »

[ Chaos Rains ]

Title Text: ''I am just going to pretend this is a normal occurrence because it has benefited me slightly''

Pete's pretty cute in this one. Poor guy!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Discostew

Re: 2014/09/08 - Chaos Rains

Post by Discostew »

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like [small cough] tears... in... rain. Time to die..."

"Tears in Rain" - Roy Batty - Bladerunner
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Pete being humble?? :shock: Never thought I'd see the day...
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Camera Man: Ok, can we get more action shots with the crying? That ratings for this will be off the charts!
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

"I'm a terrible person!"

...Um... Yeah?
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Dragon, you're not really a person, your a very nerdy demigod. And, did I just hear Pete apologize? No, that couldn't be.
Last edited by Miles the Wolf on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Miles the Wolf wrote:Dragon, you're not really a pearson, your a very nerdy demigod. And, did I just hear Pete apologize? No, that couldn't be.
I suspect a good, yet insincere act.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I love Cerb's hat and Rock there, hiding way back...

Broken wings and shattered hearts
fill the local grill with remorse.
Although the truth is here in parts
you're not that bad, of course.
Stripped down, powers swept away,
scared children caught in the act
uncertain as to tomorrow after today,
the day when fate becomes fact?
Misery wins this strange dinner date
as both sides lose their composure
and await the decision on their fate;
both sides, waiting for closure.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

I'm going to be honest. This strip did the impossible. It actually made me a bit sad (I NEVER get sad at comics, movies, music, or games). Seeing Pete, who until this arc thought he was going to win the game and thought he was better then Dragon, just break down and apologize like that...not only made me a bit sad, but reminded me of myself at one point in my life. :cry: I love the Blade Runner reference on his shirt (I have yet to finish watching the movie).

And yeah...where is Karishad?
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Never though id ever want to hug Pete....but i do. And perhaps maybe Cerb is ready to five him too? I am. As for Dragon.....honestly i cant stand to see a lady cry, even if its her.
Last edited by ConvoyWolf on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
thelonewolf19

Post by thelonewolf19 »

But wait, if Pete is sorry, does this mean he'll offer Joel to resume his life as a human?
Give me strength!
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

So, I'm guessing that the arc should be over pretty soon. All that Pete has to do is give the watch back and everyone gets on the plane back home! Unless it rains for a week, as what usually happens in deserts.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
valerio

Post by valerio »

I'll believe in Pete's start to redemption when he starts ACTING and earn his own path.
So far, Dragon is being more believable. Emotional as she may be, she can understand when she has crossed a line.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

And then the Spirit Dragon was the Light of Zartha.

(Please tell me someone gets that reference.)
Last edited by Pecan on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

I must ask is Cerberus female? Doesn't look like it to me but I could be wrong. Also Kari seems to have been absent since kitsune showed up. Coincidence? I think not!
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
KingFan202

Post by KingFan202 »

So many questions still need to be answered lol. I still dont trust pete. I really wanna see what happens now.

Also, YAY FOR A LINK TO THE FORUM AGAIN!
King as Red (Pokemon) Avatar By CHAOKOCartoons!
ImageImage
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

So I'm not the only one feeling a little sorry for Pete right now, am I?
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

Sheogorath wrote:I must ask is Cerberus female? Doesn't look like it to me but I could be wrong. Also Kari seems to have been absent since kitsune showed up. Coincidence? I think not!
That sly fox foxed us by turning into a fox while still being the same fox...........foxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfox(can someone please brick me, I think I've gone insane)

But yes, she is a female
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

I wonder how big the rainstorm is, is it the entire country, the city, or just the one city block over the restaurant. Hope Bruce and Roosevelt didn't have any outdoor plans for the day.
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

Miles the Wolf wrote:
Sheogorath wrote:I must ask is Cerberus female? Doesn't look like it to me but I could be wrong. Also Kari seems to have been absent since kitsune showed up. Coincidence? I think not!
That sly fox foxed us by turning into a fox while still being the same fox...........foxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfoxfox(can someone please brick me, I think I've gone insane)

But yes, she is a female
Well then I must say that she is the manliest female I've ever seen. And you're not insane! You've simply seen the Devine glory of foxes!
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
Nightfirex

Post by Nightfirex »

*drinks his tea as he see the first panel and set his tea down* You know those those days where you wish you were wrong and you think you going to see something new? Well I guess I was wrong. So I made my analysis in the previous post and came to a conclusion that could have been one of many possibilities. Come to find out from the first panel, when Cerberus paw lay on Pete shoulder all I think was I was really on the mark and with that I read the rest of the comic. The shirt said it all, the loss crushed and consumed him, the pain changed him and took a friend and the girl he though he left to pulled him from the darkness he trapped himself in. I think will do something about Dragon tomorrow, but for tonight, I will enjoy this comic.

I will raise the flag for Pete though and even though he has to be punish for his actions, I want them to help get the old Pete back, to see what he was like before he fall away. I want to see what the game would be like when it not about false promises and illusions of grandeur, where they fight Archdemons and all that as Pete mention, how cool would that be?! I am sure there are plenty of mortals (even myself) who would love the chance to take on that challenge see that game to the end.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Though I want to say that I don't feel bad for Pete, I can't. The Vulcan side of me wouldn't allow that. (I'M SUCH A NERD! ._.)

Could Pete actually be showing a more humble side of him? Will things play out ending in a win for BOTH Pete and Dragon? Will they actually learn their lesson from their little game? FIND OUT IN THE NEXT EPISODE OF HOUSEPETS!: HEAVEN NOT ENOUGH PT. 3!
*Plays DBZ end music*
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I love when character development happens
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Sheogorath wrote:I must ask is Cerberus female? Doesn't look like it to me but I could be wrong.
I imagine they are free to appear as ether gender they please, judging from the fact that Dragon was male a few times in Galafrax. But yes, she is generally portrayed as female.
Sheogorath wrote:Also Kari seems to have been absent since kitsune showed up. Coincidence? I think not!
He's probably in the back setting up the Cornhole board for P & D to settle their difference on, winner take all.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I have a lot to say here.

In this strip, we see the two main cosmic beings utterly broken. Pete realizes the futility of trying to keep forcing mortals to do his bidding, and we have been seeing through what is likely a hardened shell. Dragon, who believed she was the good one, as most of us did at first, coming to terms with what she was really doing, manipulating the lives of those who were loyal to her, and finally losing even that.

With Pete, we briefly saw his as good, then immediately saw how much of a jerk he really is, and just kept going with that. I never viewed him as unlikeable, just antagonistic. Here, we finally see a glimpse of his own insecurities.

Dragon appeared as the "good" one, though as time went on, we saw a bit more of her personality, and it wasn't entirely a good one. She wasn't perfect in her treatment of her followers, and here she finally sees that.

Now, I've seen a few comments saying they're faking it. I really hope not, as that would mean yes, they have become unlikeable. We see them growing more over the past few years, it would be terrible if we were led astray all this time. Will that happen? I don't know, who am I to tell the author how his own story should go?

Wow, never thought I would be this invested in the story.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Xane wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Dragon is to blame for various disaster floods over the years.
That comment reminded me of this.

"Absolutely (Story Of A Girl)"

This is the story of a girl
Who cried a river and drowned the whole world
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love the little start Pete has in the first panel, and all three expressions on Cerb's faces capture such a wide sample of the emotions that helping your friend through an issue can bring out, and the look of brokenness in the third panel with the firm squeeze on the shoulder by Cerb. That whole sequence in the first three panels really resonates with me. This is some great characterization, and I'm really enjoying seeing it.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

What... did I just read... I mean seriously, I have had faith in Rick, but I think I'm about to lose it, next update better clear that up. Dragon is inconsiderate, but she isn't "a terrible person", Pete on the other hand...
Leven

Post by Leven »

I know Pete is kind of a jerk, but honestly I feel bad for him. I'm pretty sure there is some major backstory to him though, that has made him the jerk he is today. I might be reading a lot into it, but jerks aren't born they are made. I'm curious if it has something to do with his parents, or if it has something to do with a bully in school. I'm a Nerd and a Geek myself, but that doesn't make me jerk. So I really want to hug Pete honestly, as Nerds get bullied and they gotta stand up for themselves somehow. Pete has done a lot of bad things, but he has done a lot of good as well.

He helped Joel a lot honestly, as does anyone really think prison and in a cell, would have helped him curb that hatred towards housepets and strays? Nah, I think in all honesty he would have grown that hatred. So Pete gave him a chance at redemption, as proven when Fox accepted him as the truth came out. Would he have had chance at redemption in prison? Probably not, he would probably be rotting in a cell thinking of revenge. Pete may have forced him to become a Corgi, but was he forced into the game not entirely. As Pete may have tried to convince him, in a lot of ways but he never once after turning King into a corgi forced him to become his pawn and bend to his will.

While Dragon, there is a lot I can about her and well most of it is not good. She is a crybaby, but the way she acts it's like everything she wants has been handed to her on a silverplatter and that she should deserve it. Also she pushed Tarot to date Peanut whom she didn't know at all, only because of the game and to stop Pete from gaining a powerful avatar. Also Dragon interfered with Sabrina's love life, making her break up with people only to stop Pete from gaining a pawn. If anyone is darker/more of a jerk, I would vote dragon hands down. But I'm glad Tarot loves Peanut, as they fit well together.

Anyways I know what class King is, magical fairy corgi That can breathe fire lol. I wonder what will happen to Pete and dragon now though, anticipating the outcome.
aerotan

Post by aerotan »

SuperStar wrote:What... did I just read... I mean seriously, I have had faith in Rick, but I think I'm about to lose it, next update better clear that up. Dragon is inconsiderate, but she isn't "a terrible person", Pete on the other hand...
Something I've noticed over time is that it's often those who least deserve to feel guilty who struggle the most with it. The truly good people who try and fail to meet their own standards often end up feeling a good bit worse than they really need to over each stumble. It's part of what makes them good people, really. Being willing to acknowledge their faults; and it's a fine balance between recognizing legitimate faults and misperceiving the gravity of those faults.
valerio

Post by valerio »

SuperStar wrote:What... did I just read... I mean seriously, I have had faith in Rick, but I think I'm about to lose it, next update better clear that up. Dragon is inconsiderate, but she isn't "a terrible person", Pete on the other hand...
what's wrong with this comic?
Pete may have at last come to his senses for once in his life.
And Dragon has realized she has crossed a line with her manipulations of Tarot's and Sabrina's lives. She's not a 'terrible person' in the sense she didn't act like a jerk (as Pete did), but she was no saint either.
Now they only need to amend, without further kicking. I mean, they are omnipotent! How hard can that be??
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I think Pete is just in complete disbelief that he has lost, I doubt that this would change him at all, at least not immediately. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Hey... anyone else saw the Blade Runner Reference in the third Panel?
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Ya gotta understand. They're about the lose the game, so a spread of emotion is consuming both of them, and not just one emotion either. They're going from having total power to no power. From being strong to being weak. Prideful to humble. Such a change/loss can break even the most arrogant of people.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

John-056 wrote:Hey... anyone else saw the Blade Runner Reference in the third Panel?
I put the full quote in my first post towards the top.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

My mind literally blew when I noticed Roy Batty's dying words from Blade Runner was on Pete's shirt...it's almost like he predicted the rain.
valerio

Post by valerio »

John-056 wrote:Hey... anyone else saw the Blade Runner Reference in the third Panel?
first thing that I had translated :mrgreen:
kuisbright

Post by kuisbright »

Wow, Pete actually said I'm sorry... maybe this will be the turn of the events.

Also... I just realized that the TV crew is taping the event the whole time. Cue for Piccolo to explode his camera?
Argent

Post by Argent »

I've seen things you people can't possibly imagine. Burgers on fire at the wolves barbecue. I watched Rock's jacket glitter in the sun by a pool full of custard. All these moments will be lost in time, like drool in the rain. Time to Wake up.

Did you guys know that Rutger Hauer ad-libbed that speech?

So, this answers the question of whether Cerberus is rocking three heads down here on Earth. Speaking of whom:
Sheogorath wrote:I must ask is Cerberus female?
Last edited by Argent on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:I've seen things you people can't possibly imagine. Burgers on fire at the wolves barbecue. I watched Rock's jacket glitter in the sun by a pool full of custard. All these moments will be lost in time, like drool in the rain. Time to Wake up.
An Internet for the gentleman at table 2!
AND cookies