Gamewolf67

Re: 2014/08/22 - Drink it Up

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Everyone's happy.
Feel my icy wrath!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I'm not so sure about Tarot being that much older than Peanut. They are dating, after all. I can buy her being a little older, but not that big of a gap.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Kitch wrote:I'm not so sure about Tarot being that much older than Peanut. They are dating, after all. I can buy her being a little older, but not that big of a gap.
That's why I said you shouldn't give much importance to age or it can get too creepy.

Same happens when you ponder if Maxwell (who is younger than Fido) was just a kitten when he was dating with Sabrina.

Rick also gave a hint that Rufus was (maybe) into cats, and it didn't seem the barn cats were much older than Peanut and Grape.
ImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Well, on the matter of Sabrina, I always assumed that she was very old (maybe even 100+ O_O) but is physically still a young adult, don't question it, she's magical, lol. Happens all the time in Anime. Same with Tarot.
Gren

Post by Gren »

SuperStar wrote:Well, on the matter of Sabrina, I always assumed that she was very old (maybe even 100+ O_O) but is physically still a young adult, don't question it, she's magical, lol. Happens all the time in Anime. Same with Tarot.
Don't think so. Avatars grow old and die. Besides, Rick already confirmed that:
Rick wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
Which implies Tarot is older than Sabrina, I'd say she could double her age.
ImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Gren wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Well, on the matter of Sabrina, I always assumed that she was very old (maybe even 100+ O_O) but is physically still a young adult, don't question it, she's magical, lol. Happens all the time in Anime. Same with Tarot.
Don't think so. Avatars grow old and die. Besides, Rick already confirmed that:
Rick wrote:Sabrina is apprentice to Tarot, who is Dragon’s Avatar. This means that, should anything happen to Tarot, Sabrina takes on the role of Dragon’s Avatar. Although Sabrina doesn’t have Avatar powers, she does have some natural psychic ability.

(Implied) Tarot was apprenticed to Dragon’s previous Avatar. Avatars don’t live forever, they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other. Dragon can transfer the power whenever she likes, but it must abide by the Convoluted Rules and succession is one of the methods that preserve the power the best.
Which implies Tarot is older than Sabrina, I'd say she could double her age.
Well, just because Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice doesn't automatically make Tarot older than Sabrina.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

BAM! Busted.

I am now very curious as to their disguises.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I totally didn't catch that the pickle cherry milkshake is a reference to that older comic.

See this is what forums are for.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sleet wrote:I totally didn't catch that the pickle cherry milkshake is a reference to that older comic.

You mean we're not here for shipping, having fun, serious discussions and establishing world-wide connections?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

I imagine Petes gonna act all "abusive boyfriend" on Bailey like "Bailey you got ten seconds to get out of that milkshake, out of that booth and into your armor! I aint losing this duel!" And Dragon will be all "Tarot, Sabrina, you really shouldnt have left like that, this duel is kind of important!"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Sleet wrote:I totally didn't catch that the pickle cherry milkshake is a reference to that older comic.

You mean we're not here for shipping, having fun, serious discussions and establishing world-wide connections?
scandalous!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Tarot is not amused by Karishad's shenanigans. XD
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Leomon2004 wrote:Tarot is not amused by Karishad's shenanigans. XD
Yes, she does seem no-plussed. He'll have to up his game.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

That's too bad. NOBODY wants to see Karishad up his game, lest the world may blow up.

Wait. We wanna see that.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Gren

Post by Gren »

SuperStar wrote:Well, just because Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice doesn't automatically make Tarot older than Sabrina.
Yes it does. Come on, I am not making this up. It's kinda obvious.

"...they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other"

Which means that if the avatar (the master) grows old and pass away, a younger candidate (the apprentice) takes over the role. Even though there's a lot of magic stuff involved, they're still playing under natural laws and that's how it usually works. Avatars pass on their knowledge to the next generation. The apprentices inherits the power and then they become the masters.
Otherwise why on earth she would choose an apprentice who most likely is gonna die earlier than her? Or are you suggesting that Tarot foresaw that her own death was near so she was in an hurry to find her replacement? Cause I don't think so. How many years have passed since she started training Sabrina?
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Maybe the Soda Jerk is G.K.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Maybe the Soda Jerk is G.K.
O_O.....Mind...Blown! Your a genius!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Maybe the Soda Jerk is G.K.
O_O.....Mind...Blown! Your a genius!
G.K is Great Kitsune right? If so, then that would be interesting!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
herobrineharry

Post by herobrineharry »

I think that Pete is disguised as Joel and Dragon is disguised as one of Joel's pets before they died.
Forward, the Light Brigade!'
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho'(though) the soldiers knew
  Some one had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
  Rode the six hundred.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

ArcWolf wrote:Why is everyone mentioning pups?

Cherry pickle milkshake is an old family recipie.
I agree, Rick only threw that is as a joke to us, but it is kind of funny that they bring it back in.
Argent

Post by Argent »

herobrineharry wrote:I think that Pete is disguised as Joel and Dragon is disguised as one of Joel's pets before they died.
Nah, Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
herobrineharry wrote:I think that Pete is disguised as Joel and Dragon is disguised as one of Joel's pets before they died.
Nah, Paul Hogan and Linda Kozlowski.
"That's not a godling; now THAT'S a Godling! And don't ask how I got it past customs..."
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Maybe Pete is disguised as Ringo and Dragon is Yolanda. Or maybe that's just me wanting a Pulp Fiction style encounter.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Argent

Post by Argent »

Hugo Weaving and Julie Andrews.
Gary Oldman and June Lockhart.
Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
WhoElseButQuagmire

SeanWolf wrote:Maybe Pete is disguised as Ringo and Dragon is Yolanda. Or maybe that's just me wanting a Pulp Fiction style encounter.
Maybe Pete is Ringo and Dragon Yoko.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If that is so true, Fox can finish his no-holds barred beat down that we saw earlier. I know what you are thinking: "But Amazee, Fox was only mad at Joel/King for the kidnapping!" But since Bailey and Fox are biological cousins and adopted siblings and seem to be close, I would hope that Fox goes into attack mode.

It would also be funny to see King attack himself.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
SeanWolf wrote:Maybe Pete is disguised as Ringo and Dragon is Yolanda. Or maybe that's just me wanting a Pulp Fiction style encounter.
I think you mean John and Yoko. :P
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Gren wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Well, just because Sabrina is Tarot's apprentice doesn't automatically make Tarot older than Sabrina.
Yes it does. Come on, I am not making this up. It's kinda obvious.

"...they are in succession and take on the mantle one after the other"

Which means that if the avatar (the master) grows old and pass away, a younger candidate (the apprentice) takes over the role. Even though there's a lot of magic stuff involved, they're still playing under natural laws and that's how it usually works. Avatars pass on their knowledge to the next generation. The apprentices inherits the power and then they become the masters.
Otherwise why on earth she would choose an apprentice who most likely is gonna die earlier than her? Or are you suggesting that Tarot foresaw that her own death was near so she was in an hurry to find her replacement? Cause I don't think so. How many years have passed since she started training Sabrina?
Well, on the matter of foreseeing her death being sooner than another's, I don't believe it's beyond her.
WhoElseButQuagmire

gamepopper wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
I think you mean John and Yoko. :P
Well, I was mainly playing off the one before.
Gren

Post by Gren »

SuperStar wrote:Well, on the matter of foreseeing her death being sooner than another's, I don't believe it's beyond her.
So, are you saying that you prefer to believe she's gonna die soon as long as she's younger than her apprentice? :|
I dunno why you care that much. I'm fine with that, and I'm sure Peanut will not mind either.

Again, this is likely the reason why age have never been specified. People won't stop making a big deal of it.

I don't care if Sabrina is older than Fido. I don't care if Tarot is older than Peanut. At this point, I don't even care if a formerly human has got married with a dog and having offspring. They're happy and that's all what it matters. Who I am to stop them? Our opinions are only for ourselves. We can share them with other forumites but that does not have to affect the characters in the story. The author is the one who decides those things. We can agree or disagree with him but that's all.
If at some point Rick decides to separate Peanut and Tarot / Fido and Sabrina, I hope that the age gap has nothing to do or I'll be very disappointed. :?
ImageImage
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

SeanWolf wrote:G.K is Great Kitsune right? If so, then that would be interesting!
Yes, G.K. is Great Kitsune.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Heh, both King and Bailey have been missing their rings in the last few strips. I'm just gonna go with it being an oversight and not intended to indicate something bad.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Discostew wrote:Heh, both King and Bailey have been missing their rings in the last few strips. I'm just gonna go with it being an oversight and not intended to indicate something bad.
Probably an over sight......................................i hope!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I doubt that King and Bailey have nothing to worry about. Just as Pete said, every mortal gets their happy ending.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I doubt that King and Bailey have nothing to worry about. Just as Pete said, every mortal gets their happy ending.
......................Until now! I dunno i just hope that mantra stays true
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Milkshakes are pretty much the most common thing you would see in comics when growing up, from Archie to Sonic to Beetle Bailey. I just wonder if this going to be a thing in the future for this comic as well? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Discostew wrote:Heh, both King and Bailey have been missing their rings in the last few strips. I'm just gonna go with it being an oversight and not intended to indicate something bad.
I would assume that they have them stashed in their collars......................... Holy Mother of God! I just noticed that Karishad has the keys.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

D-Rock wrote:But please tell me I wasn't the only one who thought that waiter was Joel.
ConvoyWolf wrote:And heck yeah i thought the waiter was Joel with glasses.
You aren't the only ones. : P
SeanWolf wrote:Speaking of that movie, it would be both funny and awesome if this arc ended like the movie Pulp Fiction (Finally saw that movie earlier this year and loved it)
What?, With Samuel Jackson pointing a gun at them and letting them escape with a bag of stolen wallets?
ConvoyWolf wrote:All i can say is when this is all over, King better lift his butt for Bailey to sniff finally cuz so far she aint gotten to!
Silly Zealot loses ten sanity points (-10).
Ryusuta wrote:
Kitch wrote:That pickle and cherry milkshake reminds me how much I want to see stubby-legged husky puppies.
THIS. A thousand, million, bajillion times, this! <3
Silly Zealot is on a roll tonight! (-50).
ArcWolf wrote:Why is everyone mentioning pups?

Cherry pickle milkshake is an old family recipie.
Yes, serioulsy, what's the deal with all of you?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!