Post by Macsen »

I just had an epiphany.

The mana chip.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Re: 2014/05/21 - That One Scene

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Kitch wrote:I just had an epiphany.

The mana chip.
Hope Keene didn't eat it...that never goes well.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hope Karishad steals it and gives it to King so that corgi can do some EPIC GRYPHONTAIL-KICKING!
Byakko110

Post by Byakko110 »

*sniffs* Pardon me, I just have sand in my eye. Indoors. *breaks down*
Seriously though, this was an amazing strip. Although I do wonder how Joel/King is going to get out of the house now without breaking it to the wolves as well... lord knows how they'll react to this development.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Howellfan wrote:Keep in mind also, we still have NO idea whatever what Bailey's contest will actually involve. The rules - unlikely to be broken in such a visible event in any case - probably forbid anything outright evil-y on either Pete or Bailey's part; Beyond that, we're inferring from what Pete's said and done.... ;)
I wonder if it'll come down to Joel having one choice among these three options - bring Tarot back to life, turning himself back into a dog, or turning Bailey into a human. ( I'm assuming the duel would go this way, for if Dragon wins, she'd probably make a happy ending for J/K & B herself.)
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Well, I hoped his ID as Joel will never be revealed to Fox... But well, the "Grand Design" cannot be tampered with by mere mortals.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Just a side note....was it ever explained what Pete meant way back in the 'Wonderful Dog's Life' about Sasha being protected? Is this a red herring or a 'drowning in three years' type long range clue that she might be a part of this all?
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

Not gonna lie this was pretty good, but I thought Bailey took his place so Joel could stay as King. Is there something i'm missing here? :?:
valerio

Post by valerio »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Just a side note....was it ever explained what Pete meant way back in the 'Wonderful Dog's Life' about Sasha being protected? Is this a red herring or a 'drowning in three years' type long range clue that she might be a part of this all?
I wouldn't trust Pete's words with a ton of salt, by now.
Not gonna lie this was pretty good, but I thought Bailey took his place so Joel could stay as King. Is there something i'm missing here? :?:
Pete lied and clause-wrestled more torment for King and Bailey.
Again, as for a change.
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

About what was expected by quite a few of us, but you know I think that this will actually help Joel explain the rest of this crazy situation to Fox. Having something like that happen right before your eyes will kinda open you up to some possibilities you would normally never believe.
Miles the Wolf

Post by Miles the Wolf »

ConvoyWolf wrote:The blood rushes from my chest everytime i look at it. I dunno from what. Fox on a rampage and the look of rage in his eyes or King turned back into Joel......gotta be Fox.

God i hope this isnt permanent.

I think the whole reason that Bailey left is so that King wouldn't go back to Joel. But ya, that would suck if it was permanent.
I'm thinking of starting a Fan Fiction, should I do it? Send me a PM with some ideas and names of characters!
Blood is red, the sky is blue, this knife is sharp, and your dead too!
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

diss wrote:I've been waiting for this since 2010. I'm so happy. ;v;
I know, right?! This is excellent!
Viethra

Post by Viethra »

Housepet's concept art! ...sorta

http://viethra.tumblr.com/private/image ... BMQ1r2i2u3

This design had been running through my head since King was introduced. I discussed it with Rick at the beginning of Heaven's Not Enough because I thought this might happen, and it would soon be too late. I like how the final version in the comic turned out. Very true to Joel's original design, while acknowledging the trans-formative effect being King for all these years has had on him. My approach was indecisive, mainly because it's purpose was to show all the possibilities. Rick's approach however, was balanced and very subtle. I really like it. It's quite appropriate in that it does create an amount of contrast against King's design while simultaneously reflecting the corgie that we've grown to love. Handsome too.

"That One Scene" is kind of adorable. The tragic anger of Fox and the mutual understanding that settles in at the end is nice. I am rather fond of King/Joel's relationship with Bailey, and I would never regret the revolutionary and fascinating direction it's brought the comic. Still, I'm nostalgic for the days when I kinda shipped King with Fox. This update took me back to that time for a moment, and it was really nice to be reminded of that. The last panel is actually pretty cute. Those two have a unique bond, and this exchange strongly reinforces that. Bailey has been taken from King, and he'll need Fox's support to endure the hardships that lie ahead.

I may have known this was coming, but I must admit, baddass mecha warrior Bailey was like totally unexpected. Awesome, but how could I ever have known that was coming?
Last edited by Viethra on Wed May 21, 2014 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

valerio wrote:
Pete lied and clause-wrestled more torment for King and Bailey.
Again, as for a change.
That's it anyone wanna SMAW to pound Pete with?
BTW why does no one on here want one to hit Pete with? Is a rocket launcher just seem like overkill or something?
WhoElseButQuagmire

valerio wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:Just a side note....was it ever explained what Pete meant way back in the 'Wonderful Dog's Life' about Sasha being protected? Is this a red herring or a 'drowning in three years' type long range clue that she might be a part of this all?
I wouldn't trust Pete's words with a ton of salt, by now.
Just thought it would be an interesting twist if we found out someone else had been keeping a secret.

Joel: See, there's galactic nerds playing this game of D&D...
Fox: You mean U&U....
Joel: You know about that?!?
Fox: Sure. I'm second to Sasha.
Joel: SASHA's part of this?
Fox: Yup. But we didn't know you...I mean King....was a part of this.
Joel: I was to play for Pete.
Fox: Oh, we're playing for....
(Wolves break in, interrupting).
valerio

Post by valerio »

Acritic2 wrote:That's it anyone wanna SMAW to pound Pete with?
BTW why does no one on here want one to hit Pete with? Is a rocket launcher just seem like overkill or something?
solution 1: "Ohh, Cerbyyy..?"
solution 2: Bailey discovers the truth and uses that sword to clip a certain pair of wings for a game of badminton
solution 3: Keene destroys the temple (which still is the storage of Pete's mana). Joel and Fox take sweet revenge in inflicting some punishment to powerless gryphon. EPIC!
solution 4: or, with so much rancor spread, get yourself in line, bud! (wait till sec.22 of the clip)
DragoonDart

Post by DragoonDart »

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW this comic gives me ALL of the feels and that last panel gives me DOUBLE ALL THE FEELS! AAAAAWWWW

Everyone is saying that this is the reaction we all expected, but I wasn't expecting anything. I just wanted to have King get his secret out for the sake of honesty. That being said though, this is a fair and pretty normal reaction. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go back to typing in all caps and being hyperbolic because, well, this is the internet

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, THAT LAST PANEL!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

First things first I'm glad that my DNS finally decided to un-stupid itself or whatever it was that was blocking the site last night/early this morning. Two I'm seriously glad that this arc is not going to be Joel on the run from everyone. I thought there was a chance that it was going to go there, at least for a while. Also I don't really get how his voice would sound the same in both forms apparently, and how Fox never noticed that King and his kidnapper sounded exactly the same, but I will calk it up to "Magic". Last panel is very nice, love the tears.
Nolan lunocr

Post by Nolan lunocr »

Wow...just... Wow :shock:
Argent

Post by Argent »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: Just thought it would be an interesting twist if we found out someone else had been keeping a secret.

Joel: See, there's galactic nerds playing this game of D&D...
Fox: You mean U&U....
Yeh, but King tried to bring it up with Fox at the farm and Fox had no idea.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

IceKitsune wrote:First things first I'm glad that my DNS finally decided to un-stupid itself or whatever it was that was blocking the site last night/early this morning. Two I'm seriously glad that this arc is not going to be Joel on the run from everyone. I thought there was a chance that it was going to go there, at least for a while. Also I don't really get how his voice would sound the same in both forms apparently, and how Fox never noticed that King and his kidnapper sounded exactly the same, but I will calk it up to "Magic". Last panel is very nice, love the tears.
Why do you assume he never noticed? Perhaps he did notice, but just silently shrugged it off as a weird coincidence. King was, after all, a completely different species the last time he met Fox (who had no knowledge of King's origin or of the whole cosmic game thing).
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Rick, I love that comic. It's just wonderful. Many thanks.
Vyath wrote:Yep, that was pretty much was what we were all expecting. That last panel speaks volumes, though. Much more than the 6 words actually contained in the panel.
This is so true, that panel says much more then any word can say.
Fox can and is going to forgive him, he's such a good friend.

Also the previous panel tells so much. "I'm sorry, Fox. I couldn't tell you earlier. I'm really sorry and I deserve and accept anything you'll do to me now."

copper wrote:Love the alt. text, since it doesn't apply to Joel like with every dog ever.
Yeah, it made me giggle!

Gaboris wrote:(Huh weird I though the IMG tag was allowed. Meh. :?)
The IMG tag is allowed, but your link contains a word that the forums filter changed, so the link doesn't work anymore.
FiliasG wrote:PS:sorry for bad english and for invasion is my first post but this strip deserve it.
Nah, it's not that bad as far as I can judge. And welcome here, feel free to contribute more.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
villa

Post by villa »

acritic2 i would like to 1 hit ex-plode pete "commence orbital strike"
i strive to put more happiness into the world then i took out of it
and hope others strive to do the same.

to the speculation mobile initiate the wild mass contingency!
Krystedez

Post by Krystedez »

Wow..

I made an account just to comment on this strip. I'm elated and excited from this turn out so far. I can't wait until the next one.

Anyways, regarding the changes. . . Will Baily fulfill that promise of faithfully staying with King? Will she always love him?

My question is then answered with more, and one in particular is bothering me . . .

Is there a possibility that Bailey could turn human and stay with Joel? Or is this too farfetched? I like all of the possibilities. Human relationship would be sensible, and open up more possiblities (but no stubby legged husky puppies T_T), 2 dogs would be argueably the cutest (YAY PUPPIES).
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Why does everything I love give me bad news
valerio

Post by valerio »

Iceheart wrote:Why does everything I love give me bad news
You know what they say about the light being there at the end of the tunnel...
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Krystedez wrote:Wow..

I made an account just to comment on this strip. I'm elated and excited from this turn out so far. I can't wait until the next one.

Anyways, regarding the changes. . . Will Baily fulfill that promise of faithfully staying with King? Will she always love him?

My question is then answered with more, and one in particular is bothering me . . .

Is there a possibility that Bailey could turn human and stay with Joel? Or is this too farfetched? I like all of the possibilities. Human relationship would be sensible, and open up more possiblities (but no stubby legged husky puppies T_T), 2 dogs would be argueably the cutest (YAY PUPPIES).
First off, welcome to the forums. Secondly, with everyone bringing up that possibility, I can't help but wonder what a human Bailey would look like. I think I would actually want to see that.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kitch wrote:You're overthinking thngs. Joel is King. End of story.
Ok, maybe I ranted a bit last night, but the point I'm trying to say is: I highly doubt Rick will end it in a choice between Joel and King.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

I've got a question (or a few) to ask.

Are the compiled books meant to contain full arcs for the past year? Because I'm looking at the last book, and it runs from June 2012 to May 2013. If this upcoming book is meant to run from June 2013 to May 2014 and contain full arcs, then would that be an indication that this arc is soon to be ending within the next week or two? Technically speaking from this moment, there are 4 remaining strips left for the month. It just seems like there's so much left that can't be done by the end of the month that this is going to have to continue into another arc.

With the way this one may end, I almost get a feeling that we'd be going from one arc unofficially called "Housepets!: The Demigod Strikes Back" to a future one unofficially called "Housepets!: Return of the Corgi" (assuming Joel does turn back into King).
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick has posted on twitter that this will be a long arc with intermissions planned in, so... yeah.
Rick wrote:By my current plan, the next arc of housepets will take ~45 comics to complete. It will have intermissions built in.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Obbl wrote:Rick has posted on twitter that this will be a long arc with intermissions planned in, so... yeah.
Rick wrote:By my current plan, the next arc of housepets will take ~45 comics to complete. It will have intermissions built in.
45? Oh man. It's taken almost a month to present these last 11 strips (About 1/4 the arc), and there will be intermissions? Not just one? That indirect mentioning from Pete about 7 months is now starting to sound like when this arc may be scheduled to end, which could be around the end of November.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

How touching

and terribly uncomfortable.
Just an Arc
Argent

Post by Argent »

D-Rock wrote:I can't help but wonder what a human Bailey would look like.
Daisy Mae.

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

All this time I had wondered if Joel had been transformed along with the prison clothes, now I know he was. I wonder where the handcuffs ended, though.
Gbr23 wrote:Well ... that was the reaction we all expected
I didn't! Though I think I would have probably would have just ran away in confusion, so never mind.
valerio wrote:Also, WOW, Fox wasn't kidding back when he had promised he'd tear them humans to pieces...

And, no. King is a fantastic, evolved character as a whole, NOT as a separated part from Joel.
I see him still mostly unharmed and with no missing parts (unless Fox took out his legs off-screen).

So you actually do like him as both King and Joel?
Discostew wrote:45? Oh man. It's taken almost a month to present these last 11 strips (About 1/4 the arc), and there will be intermissions? Not just one? That indirect mentioning from Pete about 7 months is now starting to sound like when this arc may be scheduled to end, which could be around the end of November.
I did write an estimated time period a while ago:
Silly Zealot wrote:If it is 45 strips, that'd take 15 weeks, and assuming that for every two weeks, the third is composed of one-offs, that would be 22 weeks.
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Wed May 21, 2014 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
JamesWolf

Post by JamesWolf »

oh god. oh... my... god... This arc. THIS ARC. yes. that has to be the most perfectly executed scene in this entire comic. its obvious that this has been in the works for quite some time. everything is just so brilliant.

oh and Pete, i hope you loose. jerk.
Gaboris

Post by Gaboris »

Discostew wrote:
Gaboris wrote:(Huh weird I though the IMG tag was allowed. Meh. :?)
It is allowed, but it's a broken link.
Aha I noticed now. Yep I should've know that our unlucky choice of "words" for our imageboard would get some weird looks, but out right censoring an image link is just a bit weird to me, but I understand so I'll drop it. Thanks for the heads up Disco. :)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Argent wrote:
D-Rock wrote:I can't help but wonder what a human Bailey would look like.
Daisy Mae.

Eh, can't picture her as a blonde. Or an Amazon-looking woman, either. I always viewed her as a country girl, since she was raised on a farm.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

wow....I think that is one of the most powerfull moments in Housepets ever....I'm really moved.
ConvoyWolf

Post by ConvoyWolf »

If Bailey was human id imagine her hair would be similar to her fur color and id imagine her being a little more down to earth and not so much Jessica Rabbit.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

The feels man... the feels! :cry: