2013/12/16 - So Delightful

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
bug1
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 am
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by bug1 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Vuk91 wrote:At first I tought Jessica is a stereotype of an atheist, but now, I see she's only the immature half of it. If I was her, I would inmediatelly hug Zach and say "THank you, you are on my side! I promise I will never Worship you like the other ferals do. Lets be friends forever and I love you!"
She's a realist but, like it or lump it, she's been indoctrinated into the stories of the great opener. It may take quite a few rebuttals for her to believe the legendary things 'he did' were nothing special.
I agree with that, I hope we see her more, she seems like she's gonna be hilarious!! :lol:
Troll on people Troll on!! :D

User avatar
Marco
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am
Location: Little celestial body called Earth!

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Marco »

aBritishfox wrote:
Kitch wrote:I'm really starting to not like Jessica.
Strange, I like her.

I like Jessica too, she just needs to get out of that cave more often and explore the world XD
Image

Satsura
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:37 pm

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Satsura »

Woah, is she coming onto him?

I see Jessica as the new Ensemble Darkhorse.

Acritic2
Posts: 209
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:56 pm

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Acritic2 »

Kitch wrote:I'm really starting to not like Jessica.
That's the point
TheOne wrote:
silveratus wrote:I don't know whether I want this back and forth to go on longer, or for the realization that he just doesn't want to be a prophet to get through to her.
I would like the dialogue for the next strip to go something like this:

Zack: Look here! The only reason any of this 'Opener' nonsense keeps going on is because nobody's been listening to me! And the only reason it started is because I pushed some stupid button on a door!

Jessica: Wait, that's not what I...

Zack (interrupting): Then I was forced to stand around in a cold, dark room everyone says it was a temple until I pressed another button.

Jessica (quietly): Wait, that doesn't match what...

Zack (still monologueing): Since then, I've been mercilessly followed around, had my personal belongings stolen and can't get a moment's peace because of all the chanting outside the house at every hour!

Jessica (quietly): So that's where Falstaff and Truck keep sneaking off to.

Zack (continuing): Well I've had it! I'm sick of all the mindless followers who refuse to fend for themselves despite every opportunity. I'm sick of being harassed and stolen from!
Zack looks up and shouts at the ceiling...
HEY MISTER GIANT BIRD! GET DOWN HERE! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME AND WE NEED TO TALK!

*POOF!*
Pete appears.

Pete (smugly): Having a nice tantrum, are we?

Zack: Shut it!

Jessica (really quietly): I'm just going to feint now, is that okay?

To be continued...
^ ^
RICK! For the love of mustard, ^do this one^! I can almost visualize the humorous scen

User avatar
Cesco
Posts: 4080
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:35 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Cesco »

Zach, you could tell her that Christmas is like Openermas for humans. ;) You're being so stubborn and annoying, Jessica, it's so evident that Zach is innocently saying the truth... And what's going on to you now? Are you're starting to believe he's really a prophet?
Will be a long night, Zach, now you have to do with the kind of creature you've saved, but have patience.

Has anyone else noticed that since this story arc the balloons are hand drawn and always inside the panels?
Image

Iceheart
Posts: 338
Joined: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Iceheart »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I have a feeling this is going to end with the two of them becoming very good friends (maybe dating, perhaps?)
and the Jessica Rabbit ship begins, just as I predicted
How did I not think of "Jessica Rabbit" as the ship name? That is perfect.

User avatar
Saturn381
Posts: 4683
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 pm
Location: Clifton Forge, VA

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Saturn381 »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I have a feeling this is going to end with the two of them becoming very good friends (maybe dating, perhaps?)
and the Jessica Rabbit ship begins, just as I predicted
I wonder what Rick thinks about all of this?
Image

User avatar
spyderwolf
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: Virginia
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by spyderwolf »

Saturn381 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I have a feeling this is going to end with the two of them becoming very good friends (maybe dating, perhaps?)
and the Jessica Rabbit ship begins, just as I predicted
I wonder what Rick thinks about all of this?
I dunno :lol:

Wait... People are shipping grape-nut, and now Jessica Rabbit. But what about Supernatural Fido? (Fido & Sabarina)
I like this color/.
Join the Housepets! IRC: http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23HPRT&uio=d4 #HPRT
Rick Griffin-Pete Griffin. Brothers?
I love mods. Now shush before I drag one over here...

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by copper »

Darn, Jessica, he isn't breaking! What do we do now?

Why, Believe him, of course!


Zach is just too naturally kind, it seems... I hope she is enjoying that drink. :|
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
Crux
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:23 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Crux »

Jessica just seems too stubborn to accept Zach.

Give her some time Zach, she'll come to her senses, eventually.
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 8165
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by D-Rock »

Kitch wrote:I'm really starting to not like Jessica.
Getting there, myself. She started off as the skeptic who was going to get to the bottom of things. Now she's just looking only for a fraud, which is blinding her to the truth. Of course, it's really early in her development to say anything definitive.
TheOne wrote:
silveratus wrote:I don't know whether I want this back and forth to go on longer, or for the realization that he just doesn't want to be a prophet to get through to her.
I would like the dialogue for the next strip to go something like this:

Zack: Look here! The only reason any of this 'Opener' nonsense keeps going on is because nobody's been listening to me! And the only reason it started is because I pushed some stupid button on a door!

Jessica: Wait, that's not what I...

Zack (interrupting): Then I was forced to stand around in a cold, dark room everyone says it was a temple until I pressed another button.

Jessica (quietly): Wait, that doesn't match what...

Zack (still monologueing): Since then, I've been mercilessly followed around, had my personal belongings stolen and can't get a moment's peace because of all the chanting outside the house at every hour!

Jessica (quietly): So that's where Falstaff and Truck keep sneaking off to.

Zack (continuing): Well I've had it! I'm sick of all the mindless followers who refuse to fend for themselves despite every opportunity. I'm sick of being harassed and stolen from!
Zack looks up and shouts at the ceiling...
HEY MISTER GIANT BIRD! GET DOWN HERE! I KNOW YOU CAN HEAR ME AND WE NEED TO TALK!

*POOF!*
Pete appears.

Pete (smugly): Having a nice tantrum, are we?

Zack: Shut it!

Jessica (really quietly): I'm just going to feint now, is that okay?

To be continued...
Let's condense that...

Woodland Critters: All hail the Opener of ways! (start singing)

Zach: No! None of that! Shame on you!

(Pete appears)

Pete: I'm looking for the one who opened my temple.

Woodland Critters: You mean the Opener of Ways? All hail the Opener of Ways! (start singing)

Pete: No! None of that! Shame on you!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by rickgriffin »

Saturn381 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:I have a feeling this is going to end with the two of them becoming very good friends (maybe dating, perhaps?)
and the Jessica Rabbit ship begins, just as I predicted
I wonder what Rick thinks about all of this?
Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21019
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

always one step ahead of the shippers
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Dissension
Posts: 8825
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Dissension »

Of course. How else could we be sure you all try to pair quirky characters keep on top of things?
avatar: milodesty

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Render »

rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
Now as you say it, we can be sure this will never happen. :P
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
aBritishfox
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:34 am
Location: Next to a pool or by a pump

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by aBritishfox »

Render wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
Now as you say it, we can be sure this will never happen. :P
Never ever, never. The whole Jessica Rabbit thing? Just hop it. No need to make this comic go into the headlights. Let alone it would get harey if Rick did.
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness

User avatar
deepskycyan
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:56 am
Location: The Land of Eternal Candy

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by deepskycyan »

Render wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
Now as you say it, we can be sure this will never happen. :P
Its not like that's gonna stop the shippers from persisting :P
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson

User avatar
Gamewolf67
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am
Location: A PLACE

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Gamewolf67 »

rickgriffin wrote:
Argent wrote:Hammer mixed metaphors much, Jessica?
I don't think she's actually played cards
Nah. Too busy being stubborn in her room.
Feel my icy wrath!

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7136
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
The first time I heard Jessica Rabbit on this forum, the first thing I thought of was DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Oh, and now you are catching onto us! :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

Hedronal
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Alternet 0

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Hedronal »

Render wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
Now as you say it, we can be sure this will never happen. :P
I still think Jessary has more of a ring to it.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12207
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Hedronal wrote:
Render wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
Now as you say it, we can be sure this will never happen. :P
I still think Jessary has more of a ring to it.
Zachica?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12353
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Render »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Zachica?
Or Jesch!
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Gamewolf67
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am
Location: A PLACE

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by Gamewolf67 »

GameCobra wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Surprisingly, I thought of "Jessica Rabbit" before the forum did
The first time I heard Jessica Rabbit on this forum, the first thing I thought of was DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!

Oh, and now you are catching onto us! :D
First thing I thought of was "Subliminal messages" and "Most paused movie moments".
Feel my icy wrath!

User avatar
matthew Wolf
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: in the depths between time and space

Re: 2013/12/16 - So Delightful

Post by matthew Wolf »

poor zach he keeps getting dragged into all this and why does his fur look like its a different color
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same

Post Reply