2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Hedronal
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Alternet 0

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Hedronal »

EvanAierkan wrote:Oh she can tease all she wants, she'll make it up for him later on anyways. Benefits of being the longest running couple in the comic.
Longest that's been a couple the whole time, that is. One can argue that Grapenut was in there first, even just by a little.

User avatar
colliefan
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by colliefan »

I like the bit at the end.

But I still feel it was a mistake not to remove Sabrina's dress altogether, as I stated in past comments a wedding dress is hard enough to cut when its dry and using sharp scissors, it would be all but impossible to rip when its soaked and under water.
Keep in mind fabric gets a lot stronger and heavier when its wet, the weakest part of the dress would be the shoulder straps and it would've been easier and more believable if Fido tore them and slipped Sabrina free from the whole thing.
Would've also been more interesting to see Sabrina really naked, IE in just her fur with no clothing or collar.


Shame as that spoils it a bit and it would've been more interesting to see Sabrina a little embarrassed afterwards that all her guests saw her in just her fur, it sinks in while she's being treated at the vet's/doctors.
So a bit of a let down there.
Last edited by colliefan on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Macsen »

This was a high-stress situation. He probably wasn't thinking 100% clearly.

Also, it might've been tailored so it was tight around her waist, which could've precluded removing it by pushing it down that easily. With the bottom getting sucked down the filter inlet, tearing might've been his only recourse.
Image
Image

User avatar
valerio
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by valerio »

...not to mention that Fido was evidently strong and adrenaline-charged enough to rescue Sabry AND Jata. Tearing up the dress must have not been *that* difficult 8-)
Image

User avatar
Gamewolf67
Posts: 505
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 6:53 am
Location: A PLACE

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Gamewolf67 »

valerio wrote:...not to mention that Fido was evidently strong and adrenaline-charged enough to rescue Sabry AND Jata. Tearing up the dress must have not been *that* difficult 8-)
He was really...
*Puts on shades*
Pumped!
YEEEAAAH
Feel my icy wrath!

User avatar
RatHead
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:17 am
Location: my head, my computer, or outside.
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by RatHead »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
valerio wrote:...not to mention that Fido was evidently strong and adrenaline-charged enough to rescue Sabry AND Jata. Tearing up the dress must have not been *that* difficult 8-)
He was really...
*Puts on shades*
Pumped!
YEEEAAAH
Image
Avatar by 18gingasoldier!

Image
HP! Messenger
Image
Limp-in around eatin a dirty rubber Bizkit
Image

User avatar
PIERULEZ
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:52 am
Location: New York state

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by PIERULEZ »

Image
Image

User avatar
Vyath
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 5:46 pm
Location: Tucson, AZ

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Vyath »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
What about dogs and mice? Will Joey and Squeak have to continue living a lie?
"Living a lie"? That would imply it's a secret relationship. While it isn't the most talked-of thing they haven't gone out of their way to hide it (like Fido and Sabrina have). I think many more know about Joey's relationship than we've seen talk about it in-comic. It's weird so why would they bring it up?
Image

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
valerio wrote:...not to mention that Fido was evidently strong and adrenaline-charged enough to rescue Sabry AND Jata. Tearing up the dress must have not been *that* difficult 8-)
He was really...
*Puts on shades*
Pumped!
YEEEAAAH
*BRICK'D!*
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11664
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Can I brick the next bricker prior to them bricking or would that make me the next bricker?
I am Kilo, a noble elderly Rodent.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Stuff.
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:03 pm
Location: stuff.ville

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by Stuff. »

Having been away for the past couple of days, I finally get the chance to read (and comment on) this comic. So FIRST:
Gren wrote:Hehe I totally saw that coming (I think I even mention it in some previous thread but I am too lazy to look for it). :lol:
Allow me:
Gren wrote:Haha, I can see Rick making fun of this. Perhaps Sabrina would throw up all the water in her lungs onto her rescuer's face. :lol:
The fact that you were so right on the money is amazing to me. As for the strip itself, I think it's commendable how well Rick has handled the comic's tone throughout the arc. This strip really shows how he can take a serious and dramatic situation and let it carry impact while still creating comedic hilarity from it. Perfect deconstruction of the Clean, Pretty, Reliable trope.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Can I brick the next bricker prior to them bricking or would that make me the next bricker?
Eh, a little of both. I'd have to brick you next if you were to do that, and then brick myself for good measure.

Why not just brick everyone indiscriminately
*cough*

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by copper »

colliefan wrote: But I still feel it was a mistake not to remove Sabrina's dress altogether, as I stated in past comments a wedding dress is hard enough to cut when its dry and using sharp scissors, it would be all but impossible to rip when its soaked and under water.
Keep in mind fabric gets a lot stronger and heavier when its wet, the weakest part of the dress would be the shoulder straps and it would've been easier and more believable if Fido tore them and slipped Sabrina free from the whole thing.
Would've also been more interesting to see Sabrina really naked, IE in just her fur with no clothing or collar.
Yes, but a lot of wedding dress trains will be made of lace or some other fragile fabric that could be easy to tear.... we are not sure what it is made of, after all...


No more secrets, thank goodness. Grape, take notes, this is how you tease doggies who like you! :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
jrh150482
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:58 am

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by jrh150482 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Viath wrote:it's up to you to make Fido look like a burn victim. I'm too lazy :)
And there ya' go!
I was originally just gonna use the origional strip, but I felt like I'd might as well kill two birds with one stone. :)
Image
You, sir, win an Internet.

valerio wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:I like the fact that the huge issue of a cat and a dog falling in love...is being completely ignored. Kind of proves that the entire rivalry thing isn't the most pressing matter on everyone's mind. I know the drama will start later, but the fact that no-one is objecting to the idea makes it quite clear that they all don't really care and they're just clinging to an old idea so they have something to moan about.
well, other things just happened, on a more dramatic level. A cat'n'dog relationship wasn't really given attention when you would have a brawn between a prince leopard and a pack of wolves with dogs arresting EVERYONE.
NOW that things are getting to a semblance of normality, many unsolved issues are going to be faced -including the fact that Max, always ridden by his inferiority complex, has just discovered that he was dumped by Sabrina in favor of a DOG. Bino is SO going to make fun of him.

If Jata is a prince of honor, he'll admit his defeat and do something to help those involved to settle things. before committing seppuku.
Fixed.


Gamewolf67 wrote:Even though it was. And nobody else pointed it out until now.
valerio wrote:Jata is a loser anyway! 8-)
You are just jealous of his killer abs!
Saturn381 wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:I think after all this everyone will be okay with dogs and cats.
Except for Bino. :P
Sabrina throws a "FACE!" punch at a ranting Bino. End of the controversy.

You mean BAILEY throws a "FACE!" punch at a ranting Bino.
Better make sure you kill him this time, Bailey.
Last edited by copper on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Please do not double post.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!

User avatar
The Blue Fox
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by The Blue Fox »

Image

What? Was it just me who thought she coulda bin firin' her lazer?
Last edited by The Blue Fox on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox
Deviantart

User avatar
colliefan
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by colliefan »

copper wrote:
colliefan wrote: But I still feel it was a mistake not to remove Sabrina's dress altogether, as I stated in past comments a wedding dress is hard enough to cut when its dry and using sharp scissors, it would be all but impossible to rip when its soaked and under water.
Keep in mind fabric gets a lot stronger and heavier when its wet, the weakest part of the dress would be the shoulder straps and it would've been easier and more believable if Fido tore them and slipped Sabrina free from the whole thing.
Would've also been more interesting to see Sabrina really naked, IE in just her fur with no clothing or collar.
Yes, but a lot of wedding dress trains will be made of lace or some other fragile fabric that could be easy to tear.... we are not sure what it is made of, after all...


No more secrets, thank goodness. Grape, take notes, this is how you tease doggies who like you! :roll:


Maybe, but still looked mush stronger than lace to me.
Also if he removed the whole thing and Sabrina was self conscious about being in just her Fido could've been the gentleman and given her his collar to wear.

I still think it would've been better like that, certainly more interesting.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.

User avatar
jrodsqod
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Nor-MI
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by jrodsqod »

The Blue Fox wrote:What? Was it just me who thought she coulda bin firin' her lazer?
No. You. Were. Not.
We were all just too lazy to edit the picture, or pull out the shoop da whoop impressions, in fear of getting brix to the face.
You ALSO win an internet.

User avatar
matthew Wolf
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:04 pm
Location: in the depths between time and space

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by matthew Wolf »

fidos still not wearing his collar wow he saved jata to i whonder how heavy he would be to carry ˙¸˙
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same

User avatar
The Blue Fox
Posts: 377
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by The Blue Fox »

jrodsqod wrote:
The Blue Fox wrote:What? Was it just me who thought she coulda bin firin' her lazer?
No. You. Were. Not.
We were all just too lazy to edit the picture, or pull out the shoop da whoop impressions, in fear of getting brix to the face.
You ALSO win an internet.
Thank you. I'll add it to my slowly-growing internet collection. :P
Image
Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox
Deviantart

User avatar
RainbowDragon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:23 am

Re: 2013/11/18 - Wettest Fur Contest

Post by RainbowDragon »

:lol: Oh my god. This comic has lots of funny moments, and I almost giggled the whole time, but this was the first time where I actually laughed out loud xDDD the third panel is epic...

Post Reply