For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
HundKatzeMaus

Re: 2013/11/11 - Marco

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Nice to see Fido's 'D'oh'-Face :lol:
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

It turning into a paperback romance novel! There is going to be some bodice ripping going on! :lol: He's going to have to get her out of that dress! :lol:
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

So, at the end Sabrina has fell in the pool, and what a big pool... Great Fido in going to rescue her, but now quick to take off the dress in some way and go up, that hole is nothing good (and it's another example of the uncared managing and mainteinance of the manor by the Milton's).
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

Is Fido going to rip open Sabrina's wedding dress to save her?
I can see Jata being less than happy at a nude Fido (He removed his collar before diving in) giving a nude Sabrina the kiss of life, to a jealous kitty it could look like Fido and Sabrina are doing something adult.

Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
Colliefan, the name says it all.
Formerly SP.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Korakc wrote:What is Rick made some complete twist, with something new like a brand new character introduction? I think that would be pretty sweet =]
Isn't that happened when he first introduced Jata in this arc? Why he would do the same again? Unless the new character is one of Jata's relatives (or a wife of him) and is dragging him back home because he's embarassing their country.
colliefan wrote:Is Fido going to rip open Sabrina's wedding dress to save her?
I can see Jata being less than happy at a nude Fido (He removed his collar before diving in) giving a nude Sabrina the kiss of life, to a jealous kitty it could look like Fido and Sabrina are doing something adult.
Not to mention this is being recorded and televised around the world.
Rock: "This goes straight to Animal Planet!"
ImageImage
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

rickgriffin wrote:
Sleet wrote:The suspense here is kinda killed by the fact that Tarot talked about her nearly drowning. :P
That's ONLY because you guys completely ruin any sense of discovery by never forgetting anything
Rick, you should have used Scotty Time....when you created the first comic you should have said 'in four years', then just before the wedding strips, go back and change 'four' to 'three' :) Then pretend it was three all along .
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

So Jeta's going to be even more upset that Fido stripped his wife to be and kissed not only in front of all his wedding guests but the whole world too?
I think that kitty will be really angry now.
Formerly SP.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Maybe there's a Feraga custom about saving a woman's life that supersedes the proclamation of love custom.
WhoElseButQuagmire

colliefan wrote:

So Jeta's going to be even more upset that Fido stripped his wife to be and kissed not only in front of all his wedding guests but the whole world too?
If the TV cameras caught Jata causing Sabrina to be pushed into the pool, he better worry more about attempted murder charges, which I don't believe are covered ( up) with diplomatic immunity.
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
colliefan wrote:

If the TV cameras caught Jata causing Sabrina to be pushed into the pool, he better worry more about attempted murder charges, which I don't believe are covered ( up) with diplomatic immunity.

I still think Jata will be so blinded by rage he'll forget that the fight he started and the wolf he launched near Sabrina is what caused her to fall into the pool.
I think he'll be so angry he'll just see Fido as putting moves on his woman.

Be funny if Rick drew one of the following pages in two parts, one panel is how Jata see's it, the second panel is what really happened.
Formerly SP.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

One more thing... Who besides me saw the 20 in the first panel and instantly thought it was a countdown? (Then realized from panel 3 that it was just the depth marker... I thought those markers were always above the water level. Hmmm. Looks like I have some checking to do at the local pools...)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

On the artistic point of view, I wanna say that this strip was really well executed, the lights/shadows effect of the underwater view on panels 1, 3 and 4 is pretty realistic, and the water texture in panel 2 is nicely well done, same goes for the under-water-view-to-the-surface in that same panel. Also, the bubbles are drawn in a pretty good way that give a very realistic vibe.
This was a pretty ambitious strip and the result was quite remarkable
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Gbr23 wrote:On the artistic point of view, I wanna say that this strip was really well executed, the lights/shadows effect of the underwater view on panels 1, 3 and 4 is pretty realistic, and the water texture in panel 2 is nicely well done, same goes for the under-water-view-to-the-surface in that same panel. Also, the bubbles are drawn in a pretty good way that give a very realistic vibe.
This was a pretty ambitious strip and the result was quite remarkable
Yup, quite the improvement since last time.
I'd say the light beams through the water are the best! (I like both styles though).
ImageImage
JamesWolf

Post by JamesWolf »

I GOT IT!
ok so theirs a but tun of commotion going on up there, and obviously Fido is going to have to have to cut/remove the dress to save Sabrina. so as they surface, the dress is going to go straight to the pump. back topside the fight has calmed down and the K-9 team seem to have gotten things under controll, with everyone in handcuffs except uncle Deadeye. so Sabrina is going to give Jata a very stern talking to and basically dump him for good. as she dose the pumps will explode in the background.

then of course while all of this is taking place on television and everyone is completely distracted, the PETA guy is going to kidnap Bailey cause she looks almost identical to Fox and he wants revenge. and that will set the stage for Pete and Dragons final duel.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

JamesWolf wrote:I GOT IT!
ok so theirs a but tun of commotion going on up there, and obviously Fido is going to have to have to cut/remove the dress to save Sabrina. so as they surface, the dress is going to go straight to the pump. back topside the fight has calmed down and the K-9 team seem to have gotten things under controll, with everyone in handcuffs except uncle Deadeye. so Sabrina is going to give Jata a very stern talking to and basically dump him for good. as she dose the pumps will explode in the background.

then of course while all of this is taking place on television and everyone is completely distracted, the PETA guy is going to kidnap Bailey cause she looks almost identical to Fox and he wants revenge. and that will set the stage for Pete and Dragons final duel.
I can see that.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Tarot said SABRINA will almost drown, she didn't say anything about Fido...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Xane wrote:I'd rather just see Jata lose by being beaten up at this point. :twisted:

Ralph said he didn't want an international incident but the right-of-challenge is a time-honored Feraga tradition (passed down through the generations)... so by interfering in the fight he has created an international incident!
So did Miles and the other wolves, the k9s are trying to stop them from starting something.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

copper wrote:Tarot said SABRINA will almost drown, she didn't say anything about Fido...
That's true! Maybe Fido will look deader than usual next strip.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Sleet wrote:That's true! Maybe Fido will look deader than usual next strip.
...You are seriously the best.
*cough*
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Xane wrote:But the wolves entered as challengers, so they were respecting Feragan tradition. Ralph interfered with tradition!
I doubt even Miles actually knows the tradition, they seem to just be standing up for what they believe in. For Ralph, a pack of formerly feral wolves hired to protect a visiting prince challenges him to a fight. Even if there is an actual precedent for this, he'd still basically have to be winging it.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Radio Blue Heart wrote:It turning into a paperback romance novel! There is going to be some bodice ripping going on! :lol: He's going to have to get her out of that dress! :lol:
And she's not wearing her collar underneath it! Scandalous!
Otookee

Post by Otookee »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: And she's not wearing her collar underneath it! Scandalous!
Hmmm, that's ... true. She's not wearing her collar.
So, if wearing nothing BUT a collar counts as "clothed", does wearing everything EXCEPT a collar count as "naked"?

"Mother, you're NOT going to be naked at your own wedding? But it's traditional!" - Deanna Troi
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

rickgriffin wrote:
Sleet wrote:The suspense here is kinda killed by the fact that Tarot talked about her nearly drowning. :P
That's ONLY because you guys completely ruin any sense of discovery by never forgetting anything
The dragon takes pity on Sabrina's impending demise (de-mice?) and sends a meteorite crashing onto the pool to give a quick death.
Xane wrote:Sabrina sues the Miltons for the unsafe pool, wins their entire fortune, gets Jata's diplomatic immunity revoked, marries Fido.

Ferrets sold to the zoo.

:twisted:
Alright, this sounds pretty much like what is going to happen!
TheOne wrote:Jata, noticing what's happened, instantly lunges into the water. (Thinking more of duty than of love...) Seeing the dress stuck he rips off just enough to free Sabrina from the drain. Fido then hauls Sabrina up to the surface, with Jata assisting for the last 10 feet or so. Having been "cooled off" by the water, Jata notices the way Sabrina stares into Fido's eyes; (insert cheesy violin music here) the same way she used to stare at him. With this in mind, Jata renounces his 'claim' on Sabrina. Keene steps up and offers to wed S&F, and they accept.

Why does it feel like I just wrote a chapter of a bad soap opera? *shiver*
Because... that's exactly what Housepets! is turning into? But with talking animals instead?

What?!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Otookee wrote:So, if wearing nothing BUT a collar counts as "clothed", does wearing everything EXCEPT a collar count as "naked"?
Yes, I think so. Only, If you are a housepet. this means She was naked (but covered) during the whole wedding ceremony. At least she was wearing a pearl chain, we can count that as kind of a collar.
But where did the pearls go?

Have just checked King's wedding, he was also naked. xD (At least he wasn't wearing his usual collar.)

Silly Zealot wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
The dragon takes pity on Sabrina's impending demise (de-mice?) and sends a meteorite crashing onto the pool to give a quick death.
Yes, then she did not drown and the prediction is still correct.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
colliefan

Post by colliefan »

Otookee wrote:
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote: And she's not wearing her collar underneath it! Scandalous!
Hmmm, that's ... true. She's not wearing her collar.
So, if wearing nothing BUT a collar counts as "clothed", does wearing everything EXCEPT a collar count as "naked"?

"Mother, you're NOT going to be naked at your own wedding? But it's traditional!" - Deanna Troi

I think clothing counts as not being naked, just as a collar does.
As long as their wearing something its not classed as being naked.

In my story the anthros wear nothing more than a collar and that counts as wearing something.
Formerly SP.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

What?!
The pool should've turned into a temporal wormhole and took her back before the wedding so she could tell Jata they shouldn't marry!
Feel my icy wrath!
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Gamewolf67 wrote:What?!
The pool should've turned into a temporal wormhole and took her back before the wedding so she could tell Jata they shouldn't marry!
I'm pretty sure Sabrina has already told Jata that they shouldn't marry, but no, Jata wants marry. Hurr.

so.
The pool should've turned into a temporal wormhole and took her back before the wedding so she could tell KILL Jata they shouldn't marry!
Fixed. :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:It turning into a paperback romance novel! There is going to be some bodice ripping going on! :lol: He's going to have to get her out of that dress! :lol:
And she's not wearing her collar underneath it! Scandalous!
Dear Sir or Madam:
Will you read my book?
It took me years to write...
will you take a look?
It's based on a novel
by a man named Mir (Lear?...never did fully figure that lyric...)
and I need a job
so I wanna be a paperback writer
(Doon dodododooon)
Paperback Writer!
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

deepskycyan wrote:
I'm pretty sure Sabrina has already told Jata that they shouldn't marry, but no, Jata wants marry. Hurr.

so.
The pool should've turned into a temporal wormhole and took her back before the wedding so she could tell KILL Jata they shouldn't marry!
Fixed. :)
How dare you break the PG Rating!
Feel my icy wrath!
reddywolf

Post by reddywolf »

LionWolfHybrid wrote:a 20 foot-deep pool?

oh gosh.
They're pretty fun to swim in so long as you don't go in the deep end...swam in one with family on vacation, we saw a guy dive down in the 20 foot part...not sure if the sunlight hit it wrong or something...but the water went from light blue to dark so suddenly we couldn't see the bottom I kid you not...;'c terrifying...
;c Camocat is my BFF/Sistah~<3

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France
LeslieR

Post by LeslieR »

Just had to register and get this wild mass gues out of my head..

The 'I Quit' and the open drain? Maybe it's the result of one of the custodial staff being sent down there to help 'expedite' the draining of the pool after it was filled with Jello? That would take way too long to drain-out through the grate, and would be Hell to try and swim through, and Keene is just the type to order somebody to do just that rather than renting a backhoe to scoop the stuff out. :mrgreen:
YourRoyalCorginess

Post by YourRoyalCorginess »

LeslieR wrote:Just had to register and get this wild mass gues out of my head..

The 'I Quit' and the open drain? Maybe it's the result of one of the custodial staff being sent down there to help 'expedite' the draining of the pool after it was filled with Jello? That would take way too long to drain-out through the grate, and would be Hell to try and swim through, and Keene is just the type to order somebody to do just that rather than renting a backhoe to scoop the stuff out. :mrgreen:
I'd say the filter screen was removed in the hopes of a disgruntled ex-employee of the Milton Ferret's, that one or more of the Milton Ferrets would get sucked into the filtration system