2013/11/06 - Cake And Punch Will Be Served

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cerberusx

Re: 11/6/2013 - Cake And Punch Will Be Served

Post by Cerberusx »

I'm pretty sure Ralph just committed police brutality. He kind of jumped the in my opinion.

Also never like Jata. Seemed like a jerk the moment he appeared. I would know.

And finally that panel with the Milton Wolves needs to be made into a large poster. Make it happen people. 8-)
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

The entire family's here!
Feel my icy wrath!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Somehow I don't think Fido WOULD choose a champion. He seems more like the type to fight this to the end to me.
Viath wrote:also, is Fido's nose bleeding?
Oh! It is! Good pickup!

Great poem once again, Welshie!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sooooo... Jata's muscles are so strong that he can explode what he's wearing now and what he took off a few moments ago? That's actually very clever, Rick. I love it <3 *jots that idea down*

Poor Grape ~ Too much of an overload.

Perfect time to play this tune the moment you read this comic!... Until Ralph jumps in, screeching it to a halt. WAy to kill the mood again, Ralph. :|
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Viath wrote:Ok, who else wants wallpaper-sized versions of the wolf pose as well as the epic Jata panel? That would be pretty sweet.

So the question is, who will or won't pay attention to the arrest? Is this the end of the fight or will it continue? At least Fido has some backup now.

also, is Fido's nose bleeding?
Cerberusx wrote:I'm pretty sure Ralph just committed police brutality. He kind of jumped the in my opinion.

And finally that panel with the Milton Wolves needs to be made into a large poster. Make it happen people. 8-)
Aaaaaaaaand BOOSH! Wallpapers!
ImageImageImageImage
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

King: Huh, that took longer than I expected.

Bailey: What did?

King: The transition from shocking to ridiculous.
Doomwolf

Post by Doomwolf »

And then Jata unleashed the thousand paw strike. ATATATATATATATAT!
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

This...turned into a complete crap fight! O_o
Forget it ferrets, the wedding is positively ruined... at least as far as Jata goes.
(Grape must be having a complete drool fest seeing him bare chested again XD )
I has Deviant... urrm... by same name (durr)
icexcap

Post by icexcap »

Holy Cow! Jata has gone Psycho! :shock:
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

That panel where Jata rips off his suit.... I'm both terrified and very amused about it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
69eist

Post by 69eist »

I find it funny that Keene's minions are turning against him.
My Personas

Remember the past to understand the present. That way, we can look forward to the future.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

Gren wrote:Okay, now it's official. This is the BEST ARC EVER!
This strip has become one of my favorites of the whole comic so far! I can't even describe anything of it without making a wall of text so I'd better shut up and wait till I cool down a bit to post all my thoughts about this strip.

By the way, I am the only one suspecting that Sabrina has become a "runaway bride"? Since no one was paying her attention she surely took the chance to get her way out of all this nightmare. Since she is at Keene's mansion, she's probably near to the forest (maybe she is heading toward Pete's temple :o ). And now the witch bride hunt begins!
I noticed we haven't seen Sabrina since she admitted to Jata about her relationship with Fido. Somehow I don't see her as the runaway type (unless its to lure Jata into a trap). Maybe she's looking for an opportunity to push Jata in the pool

Maybe Pete will appear and offer to undo all this in exchange for Sabrina becoming his avatar.

I'm still hoping Rick will put Truck and Falstaff in the background stealing the wedding cake while everyone's watching/joining the fight.
rickgriffin wrote:Everyone else confused me and I put the wrong name in there. It is now fixed.
What was the mistake? I missed it.
Last edited by WhoElseButQuagmire on Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Viath wrote:Ok, who else wants wallpaper-sized versions of the wolf pose as well as the epic Jata panel? That would be pretty sweet.

So the question is, who will or won't pay attention to the arrest? Is this the end of the fight or will it continue? At least Fido has some backup now.

also, is Fido's nose bleeding?
Cerberusx wrote:I'm pretty sure Ralph just committed police brutality. He kind of jumped the in my opinion.

Aaaaaaaaand BOOSH! Wallpapers!
But I do love Dragon Ball parodies!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (13.14 KiB) Viewed 16255 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (12.42 KiB) Viewed 16255 times
Feel my icy wrath!
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Oh, I love the Superhero-Poncho! Great pose. :D
Here! Here! Here! Here! Here! The wolf pose in the complete version please without the cut on the right side. I think, that exists but did not match in the panel. And both without the speech bubbles.
Viath wrote:also, is Fido's nose bleeding?
Oh yes, it is. Real red blood. Isn't that evil?
FelizPanthera wrote:Wow, the panel with all the wolves is just awesome! And I like how Jata managed to explode the part of the suit he wasn't even wearing!
I was wondering what exploded there next to Jata in the background. But sure, it was his jacket. The rose is still seen.
Vulpes wrote:
valerio wrote:This in turn may rekindle Fox's suspects about King and Joel's watch...
I really think this would make for an awesome arc, or at least a few comics, though I'm probably just biased.
I wonder if Rick has anything planned...? It seemed like it was dropped too early. Just my opinion anyway.
The watch was not mentioned or shown again after Fox saved it and it gave King a restless night. I think it is time that somebody comes to pick it up. 'Any day now' shouldn't be such a long time.
Tattorack wrote:Forget it ferrets, the wedding is positively ruined... at least as far as Jata goes.
While reading your post it popped into my mind that maybe Fido takes the opportunity to marry Sabina just after the fight. 8-)
WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:I'm still hoping Rick will put Truck and Falstaff in the background stealing the wedding cake while everyone's watching/joining the fight.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Acritic2

Post by Acritic2 »

ArcFlight wrote:I wonder how many cats around the world watching fainted like Grape.

Now, to watch as Uncle Deadeye handles this single pawidly.
you know given the pose and background Jata is in I think instead of just cats fainting there would be more people fainting out of fear. In my opinion it looks like the beast in Jata just came loose.

Does Ralph really think he can bring down Miles give the difference in size and strength?

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is its most recent post, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

People would ideally comply with all police instructions! ;p

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Karl

Post by Karl »

He just went Super Feragan form!!
I'm a bookworm!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

This is getting more intense by the minute!
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Oh Ralph, you killjoy! C'mon, They just... want to play! :D
Last edited by Hukley on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

Okay more and more convinced at jerk level being though the roof
but no one else sort of impressed that he's just said he'd fight the whole wolf pack, concidering he's already met uncle deadeye
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

D-Rock wrote:You know, I seriously wonder if anyone is going to pay attention to Ralphs arrest.
Nobody.
I know I'm not XD
valerio

Post by valerio »

Hukley wrote:Oh Ralph, you killjoy! C'mon, They just... want to play! :D
Yup, Ralph too wants to play it rough! :lol:
---
thespartanpenguin wrote:Okay more and more convinced at jerk level being though the roof
but no one else sort of impressed that he's just said he'd fight the whole wolf pack, concidering he's already met uncle deadeye
It's a testimony to Rick's ability in characterization: From vain, but basically funny decent guy to slightly jerk, to accomplice to little sneaky evil guy, to specist, and then sexist, bully and finally classist against his own previous statements. Short of becoming a cold-blood murderer, Jata puts PETA fat guy to shame! :twisted:
thespartanpenguin

Post by thespartanpenguin »

thespartanpenguin wrote:Okay more and more convinced at jerk level being though the roof
It's a testimony to Rick's ability in characterization: From vain, but basically funny decent guy to slightly jerk, to accomplice to little sneaky evil guy, to specist, and then sexist, bully and finally classist against his own previous statements. Short of becoming a cold-blood murderer, Jata puts PETA fat guy to shame! :twisted:[/quote]

Trying to see it from his point of view, bit of devils advocate is always fun
I don't know, if he'd fight a whole wolf pack for Sabrina, including one thats already tried to smother him XD got to say something hasn't it? I think it's a possibility of less jerk more upbringing, blind to the harm he's causing, sp far it's sort of gone along with his upbringing. People accepting the 'challenge' mentality, and out of those there so far who has been honest, after al in his mind it may be another lie just to get rid of him, if Concord was why would Fido not be, and to someone from a warrior society would it not be unthinkable to be unable to protect your partner, Fido clearly was not able to protect her and is unworthy, that and she was so assamed of this love that she lied about grape being concord.

It feels like he's being made out to be the bad guy almost to much, as if there is something else at work, I wouldn't be suprised if manipulation is discovered before long. Who stands to gain most from the wedding?
Fallout otter

Post by Fallout otter »

I know Ralph is just doing his job but he such a spoil sport.
I'm losing my grip on sanity one finger at a time.
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

...How in the world did Jata obliterate his jacket when he wasn't even wearing it? xD
valerio

Post by valerio »

max7345 wrote:...How in the world did Jata obliterate his jacket when he wasn't even wearing it? xD
He's THAT awesome, must concede him that! 8-)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dissension wrote:(Also, Poncho remains the most rad of the wolves.)
Oh yes, absolutely. Check those sick abs.

Uncle Deadeye is just "whatevs".
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
ryth

Post by ryth »

you get an arrest, you get an arrest! EVERYONE GETS AN ARREST
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

thespartanpenguin wrote: Trying to see it from his point of view, bit of devils advocate is always fun
I don't know, if he'd fight a whole wolf pack for Sabrina, including one thats already tried to smother him XD got to say something hasn't it? I think it's a possibility of less jerk more upbringing, blind to the harm he's causing, sp far it's sort of gone along with his upbringing. People accepting the 'challenge' mentality, and out of those there so far who has been honest, after al in his mind it may be another lie just to get rid of him, if Concord was why would Fido not be, and to someone from a warrior society would it not be unthinkable to be unable to protect your partner, Fido clearly was not able to protect her and is unworthy, that and she was so assamed of this love that she lied about grape being concord.

It feels like he's being made out to be the bad guy almost to much, as if there is something else at work, I wouldn't be suprised if manipulation is discovered before long. Who stands to gain most from the wedding?
I would like to point out that Jata's comment about saving Sabrina from shame has nothing to do with her being ashamed of her relationship with Fido. It refers to Jata's belief that a Cat-Dog relationship is inherently shameful. He is saving her from the shame and dishonor of being involved in a mixed species relationship and taking down any who would try to stop him (and allow her to bring this shame on herself.)
So, yes, it is his upbringing, and he believes he's dong the right thing, but it's not for any of the altruistic reasons you've listed ;) He's just specist and doesn't know it's bad.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Obbl wrote:
thespartanpenguin wrote: Trying to see it from his point of view, bit of devils advocate is always fun

I would like to point out that Jata's comment about saving Sabrina from shame has nothing to do with her being ashamed of her relationship with Fido. It refers to Jata's belief that a Cat-Dog relationship is inherently shameful. He is saving her from the shame and dishonor of being involved in a mixed species relationship and taking down any who would try to stop him (and allow her to bring this shame on herself.)
So, yes, it is his upbringing, and he believes he's dong the right thing, but it's not for any of the altruistic reasons you've listed ;) He's just specist and doesn't know it's bad.
Jata's moral position is even less defendable because some of the strips introduced him as a fighter of oppression and slavery, champion of equality...but guess what? NOw that his interests are being touched, all he cares about is to squash those very 'ideals', as long as he gets it his own way.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Jata will probably try to beat up Ralph (as opposed to "other-brother" Ralph, the one with the hat) because he's fat, but will make no gains because his fat makes him impervious to pain (like Po from Kung Fu Panda). He'll wear himself out and the wolves will win.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Valerio wrote:Jata's moral position is even less defendable because some of the strips introduced him as a fighter of oppression and slavery, champion of equality...but guess what? NOw that his interests are being touched, all he cares about is to squash those very 'ideals', as long as he gets it his own way.
Then he must sit idly by as some common dog besmirches the name of his childhood love. And what of her? She will be less than nothing if she befouls herself with this cur. :P
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Rick wont' cut on expenses huh?

All in all this is going way too fast down the epic lane. But it always seems to create a bigger expectative for the next comic which isn't getting satisfied anytime soon.

All of you booing Ralph are not seeing the big picture, Jata isn't your ordinary tool, and if a foreign representative gets *King censored* off, it's bound to cause a huge problem. Keene does have those Hague guys when things get out of control (I don't mean "in case")

And I almost got scared with the final panel, I thought it was a copout a la Naked Bino arc

Does Jata get arrested too? he said EVERYONE in black font
Last edited by Satsura on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattorack

Post by Tattorack »

valerio wrote:
max7345 wrote:...How in the world did Jata obliterate his jacket when he wasn't even wearing it? xD
He's THAT awesome, must concede him that! 8-)
No, his jacket that he wasn't wearing exploded out of fear!
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

ArcFlight wrote:I wonder how many cats around the world watching fainted like Grape.

Now, to watch as Uncle Deadeye handles this single pawidly.
That reminds me of this line "And suddenly bleed out my nose." Which you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6og5FBIwzk
Karlos wrote:He just went Super Feragan form!!
When I saw that panel I thought "JATA SMASH!" :lol:
Satsura

Post by Satsura »

Is this the first blood moment on HP?

(Rick might deny it, but I def can see it.)
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

I want to see a poll!!! Who is THE MOST EPIC CHARACTER in this strip alone. The winner gets rights to the next one-off!

Also I see a couple possibilities for upcoming strips.
1. The K-9s call in the local S.W.A.T team, and we re-create the scene in X-Men where Magneto's "pawns" get taken out by a flood of darts.
2. THE GREAT WATER BALLOON WAR ROUND 2! Keene gives each 'side' a color. Each balloon has a microchip that counts the hit as it explodes on it's target. Also they have sensors to detect when someone throws them against a non-target such as a wall or the ground. At the end of one hour the team with the highest hit-count wins. (I'm guessing that PETA will join Jata's side, although I doubt he would want/need them.)

At the wedding of Bailey and King
We did gather around them and sing.
But this terrible wedding's
more like a beheading
With nobody gaining a thing.

Sergeant Ralph does now issue a warning.
This violence he is quite deploring.
But he is ignored
And Peanut is bored
The wolves' picture's a glorious morning.

You ask me why Peanut is bored?
His game all the realms he's explored.
But his battery's dead now
And he takes a stiff bow
To Tarot who he has adored.
(I didn't know how to well-end that last one so I just went for the rhyme.)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
valerio

Post by valerio »

Oh, and Miles should totally FACE! Ralph. Bravo, Sarge: Letting your companion getting smashed, speaks volumes about you :twisted:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Kitch wrote:Jata will probably try to beat up Ralph (as opposed to "other-brother" Ralph, the one with the hat) because he's fat, but will make no gains because his fat makes him impervious to pain (like Po from Kung Fu Panda). He'll wear himself out and the wolves will win.
Ralph? You mean Daryl? Darwin? Derwood?

You just crossed the sitcom streams. That's bad.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
ElementalHero

Post by ElementalHero »

Wow, Jata just went full Kenshiro in that one panel. :mrgreen:

*chumps on some popcorn*
Last edited by ElementalHero on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
In The Name Of The Moon, I Will Punish Yo........ Oops! Wrong Superhero!