2013/10/07 - Terms Of Engagement

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Welsh Halfwit

Re: Pete, the mastermind

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ninkurou wrote:I'm pretty sure that Pete want this to happen, after all... She is an enemy party member!
An powefull one!
I don't think Pete has anything to do with it. Keene IS smart enough to set it all up.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
WhoElseButQuagmire

Re: 2013/10/07 - Terms Of Engagement

Post by WhoElseButQuagmire »

EchoFireant wrote:I sense an angry cat with a broom storming into that office to smack that ferret :mrgreen:
Wonder if the wolves and/or Jeeves would stop her out of duty.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

WhoElseButQuagmire wrote:
EchoFireant wrote:I sense an angry cat with a broom storming into that office to smack that ferret :mrgreen:
I'm sure Sabrina can get past without them noticing. Possibly as a guest of a Jata outraged by being used.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Ninkurou wrote:I'm pretty sure that Pete want this to happen, after all... She is an enemy party member!
An powefull one!
I don't think Pete has anything to do with it. Keene IS smart enough to set it all up.
Whether this was Keene or Pete's doing is anyone's guess, but I'm sure Pete would still want to separate Sabrina and Tarot regardless.

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
I'm sure Sabrina can get past without them noticing. Possibly as a guest of a Jata outraged by being used.
Oh it was Sabrina with the broom? When I saw that I just assumed that would be Grape wielding the broom, but Grape just passed out so I guess Sabrina makes sense XD
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
An powefull one!
Pete has to have had a hand in this, due to the fact that there are things about this plan (Jata wanting to marry Sabrina or even him knowing her at all) that Keene has absolutely no way of knowing before (or even after) he contacted Jata to have him come out.
ryth

Post by ryth »

deepskycyan wrote:Oh it was Sabrina with the broom? When I saw that I just assumed that would be Grape wielding the broom, but Grape just passed out so I guess Sabrina makes sense XD
I think grape will regain consciousness when Jata leaves the restraunt :lol:
shh. Do you hear that? That's the sound of forgiveness.
thats the sound of people drowning Carl.
exactly. Screaming and then silence
Argent

Post by Argent »

IceKitsune wrote: That doesn't make sense because this is not something you would ever do, and heck I'm 99.9% sure he couldn't anyway. You can not just offer up a third party for marriage (family would be the exception to this, in other countries because I'm almost positive you can't force family to do that in the US) or anything for that matter, in a contract.
Except they're pets.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

IceKitsune wrote: That doesn't make sense because this is not something you would ever do, and heck I'm 99.9% sure he couldn't anyway. You can not just offer up a third party for marriage (family would be the exception to this, in other countries because I'm almost positive you can't force family to do that in the US) or anything for that matter, in a contract.
Screw the rules, I have money?

Although I'm a little late in saying it, remember that Keene has the goal of proving his father's thesis that "animals are people too". Anything that can push the "animal rights" agenda, anywhere in the world, is good for him
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Frank wrote:Although I'm a little late in saying it, remember that Keene has the goal of proving his father's thesis that "animals are people too". Anything that can push the "animal rights" agenda, anywhere in the world, is good for him
An powefull one!
This is why I think Pete IS behind it. Keene may be smart, but how would he know Jata and Sabrina were once a thing?

Then again, this could also be another wrongful meddling in the cosmic game that could lead (ultimately, not now) to that expedited end to the game that Rick has hinted at.
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Looks like Grape is in a permanent coma-faint.
Dissension wrote:Title Text: For those of you who are only familiar with Japanese media, replace the final panel with: ACHOO! *sniff*
Chinese media does that too.
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Argent wrote:
Except they're pets.
Property laws, so he still couldn't do it you can't give away property that isn't yours.
Argent

Post by Argent »

IceKitsune wrote:
Argent wrote:
Except they're pets.
Property laws, so he still couldn't do it you can't give away property that isn't yours.
So her owner has to fight Jata now?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Doomwolf

Post by Doomwolf »

For everyone who thinks Pete is involved somehow let me say you might be reading to much into it; because, not everything has to do with the Game plus, there are those not part of the Game with there own motives and ideas which includes Keene and now that we know that he's somewhat mix up in this mess, it's more then likely that he's the culprit behind all this. Also, on a side note for those who think that Keene could only known about Sabrina & Jata relationship through Pete let me point out two things: 1. Keene has the means and resources to find out about it excluding Pete, and 2. it appears Henry Milton, Keene's dad may have had dealing with Jata's country in someway because how else could Keene have known who Jata was when he arrived.
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

I wouldn't blame them for taking their time stopping her, short of real damage. To be fair, Jata hasn't intentionally insulted any of them, only by accident.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
An powefull one!
Doomwolf wrote:For everyone who thinks Pete is involved somehow let me say you might be reading to much into it; because, not everything has to do with the Game plus, there are those not part of the Game with there own motives and ideas which includes Keene and now that we know that he's somewhat mix up in this mess, it's more then likely that he's the culprit behind all this. Also, on a side note for those who think that Keene could only known about Sabrina & Jata relationship through Pete let me point out two things: 1. Keene has the means and resources to find out about it excluding Pete, and 2. it appears Henry Milton, Keene's dad may have had dealing with Jata's country in someway because how else could Keene have known who Jata was when he arrived.
I do agree that this is probably more of a Keene thing than game related, especially just after Gallifrax. I do note it as a possibility however that Keene, while manipulating present events for his usual motive, may not have been the initiator. Perhaps upon his father's passing, Jata realized that he would be able to see Sabrina again, and sought to look her up. Finding that her current residence was in Babylon Gardens, Jata could easily have contacted Keene because of his having established resources around there, such as more than decent accommodations. They may actually have been previously acquainted, if not with each other then with Henry Milton, who could easily have investigated Feraga sometime during his life because of its avoiding colonialization, similarly to Sabrina's adoptive father, as well as to study a how that society functions differently from others due to non-humans having political respect. Henry could have befriended the Feragan ruling family before their borders were closed, or after that via some form of correspondence. Then when their borders were re-opened, Keene could easily have heard of it via established connections to Feraga and in general, and Jata could also have found that Sabrina lives so close to the Miltons and sought their aide in his goal of renewal of his relationship with her.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Dissension wrote:Title Text: For those of you who are only familiar with Japanese media, replace the final panel with: ACHOO! *sniff*
Well, in my country when you're talking or eating and you bit your tongue involuntarily that means someone is talking about you (though generally in the bad way). I wonder if it's the same in all hispanic countries.
ImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gren wrote:
Well, in my country when you're talking or eating and you bit your tongue involuntarily that means someone is talking about you (though generally in the bad way). I wonder if it's the same in all hispanic countries.
That's actually pretty interesting. I don't think I've heard anything like that from my family, and our family is from Mexico. Maybe it is different. Or just never brought up.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Okay, despite all the points here for all the things happening being another step on Keene making pets equal with everyone else, or Pete trying to separate Sabrina from Tarot, I still can't get away from thinking politics are involved :lol: Come on, he even said "for my country and your own"! What else can that mean, huh?
Or with *hiccup* if you're from Russia (and, probably, rest of the ex-Soviet countries).
Last edited by VEB152 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

VEB152 wrote:Okay, despite all the points here for all the things happening being another step on Keene making pets equal with everyone else, or Pete trying to separate Sabrina from Tarot, I still can't get away from thinking politics are involved :lol: Come on, he even said "for my country and your own"! What else can that mean, huh?
Or with *hiccup* if you're from ex-Soviet countries.
I get the feeling you have a vested interest in making us think you Pete isn't involved in this(!)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

why are there hearts coming from the table?... there from grape im surpised fido hasent BURSTED out from under the table yet
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

matthew Wolf wrote:why are there hearts coming from the table?... there from grape im surpised fido hasent BURSTED out from under the table yet
Logical thinking is overstated. Unless Fido fell in love with Grape, but that will make Housepets! Brasilian TV series from early 2000s instead of webcomic that we all know and love :lol:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:I get the feeling you have a vested interest in making us think you Pete isn't involved in this(!)
Hey, I never said I'm against that turn of events! I just have another random feeling that may or may not be connected to grand strategy games and history lectures.
Ugh, those suspicious mortals again...
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Why is it every time Jata speaks he reminds me of Max but richer and taller
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
An powefull one!
Also, Keene isn't trying to work for Pete. He's trying to be a separate player. If this is part of the game, it's for Keene's ends and not Pete's.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

The Keene's past presence in this story arc had to have a reason, and that's it: there's a business deal with Jata. Good that his intentions aren't to keep Sabrina in Africa till the end. Great adding the Grape/Concord's hearts. :P Sabrina is thinking insinuations on Keene, right? Otherwise, how would his ears burn?

ROFL for the hint! "For those of you who are only familiar with Japanese media, replace the final panel with: ACHOO! *sniff*" :lol:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Ears burning, geeze. That is an old one! :roll:

He just keeps getting undressed! Look at him taking off those cuffs and shoulder remnants of that suit!

It seems like Jata is acting a bit out of character, or at least how Sabrina used to know him...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

RioluNation wrote:Chinese media does that too.
VEB152 wrote:Or with *hiccup* if you're from Russa (and, probably, rest of the ex-Soviet countries).
Gren wrote:Well, in my country when you're talking or eating and you bit your tongue involuntarily that means someone is talking about you (though generally in the bad way). I wonder if it's the same in all hispanic countries.
I find this all fascinating
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
WhoElseButQuagmire

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Actually when I saw 'cat' and 'broom' I immediately thought Grape, but now that you mention it, Sabrina would be the most likely broom wielder while Grape would be heading over to Mrs Sandwich's hair salon for as much black fur dye as she can get her paws on for Plan C.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

Keene is like Oprah when it comes to weddings. You get a wedding, you get a wedding, you get a wedding, and you get a wedding.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

VEB152 wrote:Or with *hiccup* if you're from Russa (and, probably, rest of the ex-Soviet countries).
I was told that too when I was a kid! Except I'm from California... now I'm confused.
ImageImageImageImage
Morris

Post by Morris »

I don't get ittt!!!1
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

This is one of those strips where I'm just so utterly confused that I regret anything I say for about an hour afterwards.
(This'll probably be deleted soon)
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Crystalwind

Post by Crystalwind »

I don't think this is about the game, personally. Keene didn't even know about the game when he started all his plans to make pets and humans equal. I think this is just a continuation of his plan.
Who wouldn't attempt to acquire the thiiiiing?
Morris

Post by Morris »

Oh... it involves the plot...

This is really hard to follow when the pace is being interrupted by one-offs all the time and there seem to be no attention paid to an "animal-human" equality scheme by any of the characters.
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

This just makes me dislike Jata more. he's still ignoring Sabrina's feelings in all of this. H's a Prince and he's shown knowledge of the US's politics so he still looks self satisfying. I mean it can't be as simple as someone with power said "Either marry Sabrina or we'll blow up your country" or something like that, because they wouldn't mention Sabrina particularly,they'd just say "An American" or something like that (I'm skipping the more detailed explanation here, so yeah you're all intelligent enough to keep up). So Jata at some point decided he's going to have Sabrina. And even if my guess of him knowing she ins't attracted to "Concord" is true, he's still ignoring the huge point that she clearly doesn't want to be with him. So far all he's being is selfish. I can't think of any way for it not to be selfish.

And before anyone says that Keene is fully responsible, as an explanation. he was surprised by Jata showing up, if he has anything planned its somewhat falling apart. If Keene is at all responsible he's done so arrogantly and ignorantly of everyone involved including Jata. And really now, unless this is about some big financial deal this sort of arrangement would go against the idea of making animals gain equal rights to humans. Because all it would take is the "forced marriage" argument to start up and the entire idea would fall apart. So even Pete can't have done this...unless its a tactic to remove Sabrina...which ignores the feelings of both Sabrina and Jata and their ability to not do what he wants.

If Keene is involved then I'm starting to dislike him, and would happily say he's a disgrace to his "Father".

Even if Rick ends everything on a happy ending, at this rate all I'll end up wanting, every character to meet an awful end...if these character don't stay likeable then who wants everything to go well for them?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Morris wrote:Oh... it involves the plot...

This is really hard to follow when the pace is being interrupted by one-offs all the time and there seem to be no attention paid to an "animal-human" equality scheme by any of the characters.
Likely because most of the other pets are unaware of the equality idea, and are happy just living their lives as pets. The equality idea is mostly just Keene, with only a handful of others aware of it, like Sabrina, Tarot, Zack, Karishad, and Daryl. King wants pets to get the same treatment as people, but he doesn't know the details of this plan, either. Even if he does learn about it, he'll likely go against it just to spite Pete.

And while this is simply my opinion, the one-offs are oftentimes a great way to bring up the mood after what is usually a rather serious arc, lately.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
WhoElseButQuagmire

Haru Totetsu wrote: And before anyone says that Keene is fully responsible, as an explanation. he was surprised by Jata showing up, if he has anything planned its somewhat falling apart.
Well, Keene was surprised that Jata came so quickly, not that he was coming at all, if I read it correctly.
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Gamewolf67 wrote:What's with those little hearts in the second panel?
I think they're from the coma-kitty UNDER the table...
So cats can go into comas?
Feel my icy wrath!
WhoElseButQuagmire

Gamewolf67 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
It turns out that Grape and Fido have been cheating on Max and Sabrina all along! What a twist! ;)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Gamewolf67 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:

Why yes, as a matter of fact they can. :D

I think Rick is cooking up a twist that would make M. Night Shyamalan jealous.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Haru Totetsu wrote: And before anyone says that Keene is fully responsible, as an explanation. he was surprised by Jata showing up, if he has anything planned its somewhat falling apart.
Well, Keene was surprised that Jata came so quickly, not that he was coming at all, if I read it correctly.
Which could indicate that Keene plan was much more detailed an slow and would maybe have given the chance for Sabrina to state that she's in a relationship with someone and feels brotherly affection for Jata not romantically. Keene (if he's as intelligent as I believe) would have abandoned his plan, since unless he thought he could force her or blackmail her into the marriage (which I believe both would backfire, forcing her would just get her "parents" to take her and move out of the Miltons grip of control, and blackmail because I'm sure Fido and Sabrina would rather go public than not be together ever again). So either Keene isn't as smart as we think or Jata is a jerk.