2013/10/04 - Blood Loss

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Keeshah
Game Master

Re: 2013/10/04 - Blood Loss

Post by Keeshah »

Wait till Jata finds out he got his buns beat by a purple FEMALE (Pete's would-be paladin avatar) cat
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Keeshah wrote:Wait till Jata finds out he got his buns beat by a purple FEMALE (Pete's would-be paladin avatar) cat
Yes, I SEE NOW! The fainting is a battle strategy, so that when he least expects it Grape Concord can strike Jata with a broom!
Alright Concord, he's distracted... now pounce!.....
...Concord?
...C'mon your embarassing yourself.
... okay maybe he really did faint.
ImageImageImageImage
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Poke him with a stick! :D
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Perfesser_Bear

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

deepskycyan wrote:Poke him with a stick! :D
Ah, like a broomstick?

Whoa.
All of a sudden, I got this image of Grape and Peanut doing an Imaginate! of Army of Darkness, and Grape yells:
Grape Jelly Sandwich wrote:This is my BROOMSTICK!
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe
Azsassin

Post by Azsassin »

Well grape, or should I say "concord" is down for the count! Lol I also have a feeling that max is going to show up in the next strip or after that strip. I can only imagine what kevin is doing to max. :lol:
Never join something you can't quit. Join something you will stay in.
~Kevin Fan~
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

deepskycyan wrote:Poke him with a stick! :D
"Give him the stick DON'T GIVE HIM THE STICK!"
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Hedronal

Post by Hedronal »

Keeshah wrote:Wait till Jata finds out he got his buns beat by a purple FEMALE (Pete's would-be paladin avatar) cat
Grape would have been a Dream Sunderer, same for Peanut and Fido. King is the one Pete wants as a Dark Paladin.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

It might just be me, but throughout this arc when Sabrina isn't shown with her tail in the panels, she resembles a bat.
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

lol i love fullmetal i wached both versions of the series on netflix ..... i wonder if grapes gona be ok?
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Firenze

Post by Firenze »

TinFoilHats wrote:Man, and that was an expensive sport coat too....
Darn! Someone thought of the first thing I was thinking of as I read this! But I was thinking more along the lines of "Man... what a waste of a perfectly good suit." :lol: But that was a rather hilarious reference, nevertheless, although some clothing was supposedly harmed in the making of this scene.

Plus I can't believe I forgot all about Max in this arc! Something tells me he's gonna wind up the same way as Joey...
http://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/05/2 ... -the-hero/
"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Perfesser_Bear wrote: All of a sudden, I got this image of Grape and Peanut doing an Imaginate! of Army of Darkness, and Grape yells:[/color]
And then everyone backs away in fear right before she slays one of the living bread. "Graiiins, graiiiiins!"
matthew Wolf wrote:lol i love fullmetal i wached both versions of the series on netflix ..... i wonder if grapes gona be ok?
There is more than one version of that series?!?!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Sheogorath

Post by Sheogorath »

Silly Zealot wrote: There is more than one version of that series?!?!
Yes there is the 2003 Version and the 2009.
2009 follows the Manga closer than 2003 which diverges from it early on.
Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone! Wait, scratch that. Cheese for no one. That can be just as much of a celebration, if you don't like cheese, true?
Gamewolf67

Post by Gamewolf67 »

I'm hoping they have DBZ or Street Fighter-esque battle.
Feel my icy wrath!
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Argent wrote:Don't forget, he's a cat. Self-centeredness is a feline virtue.
True.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:There's very little that's intentionally 'racist' about laws. They're based on the cultures and histories of the countries they're established in and, although people may not like them, they're there for everyone. If the laws of his country state that such a 'contract' was lawful then Sabrina has, essentially, the same rights as I would if I holidayed in France. Break their laws whilst I'm there and they can pursue me back home and issue whatever warrants they like to get me back to France. I can't use "but I'm British!" as a defence as that doesn't wash. Here or there.

However, if I were to invoke international laws, things could be different. Especially if, as in the Sabrina/Jata case, there is no set precedent. An international body could over-rule any judgement.

I do believe, though, that Jata is still in love with Sabrina and it's partially because he feels bound by this contract and he can't see why it should be different for Sabrina as HE was brought up in the country with that law and HE was surrounded by it and HE sees it as right and just for the simple fact it still exists there. He wasn't brought up in a country where the understanding is that it's wrong.
Well it can still be read as racist...heck most things can be read in the wrong way. Take Disney's Beauty and the Beast, the entire story can be read as glorifying kidnapping a girl and holding her against her will so she will fall in love with the kidnapper. All it takes is an individual from an actual African micro-nation to take offence at any number of things and Rick could face legal action against him. hence why I said:
Haru Totetsu wrote:this comic isn't supposed to be taken too serious
Also it hasn't been outright stated that it is a legal contact. You are making an assumption that it is. For all we know he's just clinging to an old flame...which says more about Jata and it doesn't make him seem likeable as an individual. Anyway if an international body got involved, well we all know how many would argue for Sabrina to be able to choose who she wants to marry and not be bound by a verbal contract she stated when she was in fact, a child. I mean honestly if he loved her he wouldn't bind her by the contract (even people from nations where that's the norm are able to comprehend this form of logic).

Another fact you are ignoring is that he is a Prince and that he is clearly in a political position and that being a "Prince"isn't just a fancy title (if it is then this entire discussion is moot as he has no political power to force her to marry him, and a quick internet search will clear that up rather quickly). So if being a Prince is saddled with the politics of one then naturally he'd be well aware of the laws of other lands so as not to offend other nations on his political visits to protect his people from a threat of war. Even North Korea's leader knows about other nations and their laws and they are one of the most close doff countries on the planet. So by that logic he is either ignorant of the laws of other nations making him a threat to the safety of his people, or he's ignoring it for selfish gain...though I'd assume he's under the impression that Sabrina still loves him, and he can tell that any affection he's show "Concord" is fake. The most serious thing that can happen is that he finds out about Fido and Sabrina's relationship. but really this is all just speculation...and Rick in the past hasn't given us the most detailed forms of information on the world of Housepets! other than what is really relevant to the story. So we'll just have to sit here and wait till he progresses this arc to its inevitable end. the real question is will everything end happily or not? After all Sabrina is connected tot eh Spirit Dragon, and thus is a threat to Pete's plan so he'll try to take her out. But if this is Pete then he's going against his own ideology of what he thinks should happen to animals and their rights...then again he's evil right.
Gren wrote:
-I OBJECT!
*Everyone turns toward Fido*
-It was the mouse on my head! I swear!

You know, Spo would be a good attorney. I support Spo to be Sabrina's attorney!
I so want this to happen. Spo would look so adorable in a suit to.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Haru Totetsu wrote: the real question is will everything end happily or not?
Rick has said many times that all of his stories in Housepets have a happy ending so yes, this arc will have a happy ending though that not necessarily mean it will end the way you want or the way that most were expecting.
Haru Totetsu wrote:After all Sabrina is connected tot eh Spirit Dragon, and thus is a threat to Pete's plan so he'll try to take her out. But if this is Pete then he's going against his own ideology of what he thinks should happen to animals and their rights...then again he's evil right.
Actually, the reason should be that she is Tarot's apprentice and her successor as Dragon's avatar. But seriously, I don't know why people is so convinced that Pete is some sort of Light Yagami and is manipulating everyone the way he want to achieve his goals. He may have the god complex and be a bit machiavellian but that doesn't mean he is so committed with the game as Kira was with the Death note. Pete wants to win but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't destroy the world in the process. However I admit that it would be very amazing and shocking if Pete is behind all the events recently happened in BG.
Haru Totetsu wrote:
Gren wrote:
-I OBJECT!

And I so want to see the judge's face when he realizes that Spo is the attorney.
Judge: "So... a mouse is defending a cat? Dear god, what have we done!"
ImageImage
matthew Wolf

Post by matthew Wolf »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Perfesser_Bear wrote: All of a sudden, I got this image of Grape and Peanut doing an Imaginate! of Army of Darkness, and Grape yells:[/color]
And then everyone backs away in fear right before she slays one of the living bread. "Graiiins, graiiiiins!"
matthew Wolf wrote:lol i love fullmetal i wached both versions of the series on netflix ..... i wonder if grapes gona be ok?
There is more than one version of that series?!?!
theres fullmetal alchemist and full metal alchemist brotherhood
you laugh at me because i,m different i laugh at you because your the same
Panther

Post by Panther »

OH NO ; what you have made , Jata ? The suit was hired out :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I have done the shirt rip. The most fun I had that day!

And again Rick leaves Jata shirtless... I am wondering now whether this is fanservice or not. :roll:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Duster

Post by Duster »

copper wrote:I have done the shirt rip. The most fun I had that day!

And again Rick leaves Jata shirtless... I am wondering now whether this is fanservice or not. :roll:
It's artist service~ :lol:

*bricked*
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm not sure he'd deny that. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Gren wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote: the real question is will everything end happily or not?
Rick has said many times that all of his stories in Housepets have a happy ending so yes, this arc will have a happy ending though that not necessarily mean it will end the way you want or the way that most were expecting.
I never expected it to end how I want everything to end. I'm way to silly for that to happen. I mean is Rick really going to make a character like Lady Rainicorn from Adventure Time show up and say words of wisdom that makes everyone hold hands and act all lovy-dovy? I'm very doubtful.
Gren wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:After all Sabrina is connected tot eh Spirit Dragon, and thus is a threat to Pete's plan so he'll try to take her out. But if this is Pete then he's going against his own ideology of what he thinks should happen to animals and their rights...then again he's evil right.
Actually, the reason should be that she is Tarot's apprentice and her successor as Dragon's avatar. But seriously, I don't know why people is so convinced that Pete is some sort of Light Yagami and is manipulating everyone the way he want to achieve his goals. He may have the god complex and be a bit machiavellian but that doesn't mean he is so committed with the game as Kira was with the Death note. Pete wants to win but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't destroy the world in the process. However I admit that it would be very amazing and shocking if Pete is behind all the events recently happened in BG.
TO me this entire idea goes against Pete's aims. He and Dragon agree that animals deserve to be treated as equals to humans...but have different ideas of how it should be accomplished right? Pete wants it now, while Dragon wants it to happen naturally, right? But a move like this, if it got into the global public eye would do the opposite the moment it leaks that Sabrina isn't in love with Jata. Such information would make humanity see them as dumb animals more so than before. Even if this is a ploy to remove Sabrina from play its a very risky move that could make the world refuse his plans altogether and go against what both he and Dragon want. So I agree with you on the idea that Pete has nothing to do with this. Far too risky if you ask me.But then who knows maybe this is the Dragon herself doing something like trying to push Sabrina and Fido to be open about their relationship, or maybe the Kitsune decided to do soemthing like this to spice the game up a bit.
Gren wrote:
Haru Totetsu wrote:
Gren wrote:
-I OBJECT!

And I so want to see the judge's face when he realizes that Spo is the attorney.
Judge: "So... a mouse is defending a cat? Dear god, what have we done!"
Or maybe they'd be thrilled "Nice to see your species aren't so bound by instinct you can't work together and help one another when necessary."
RainbowDragon

Post by RainbowDragon »

And that was the last spark that made Grapes heart go BOOM xDDD