2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!
Posts: 4617
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:50 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!
Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:
I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Image
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Dissension »

KhazixRusyuu wrote:Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?
That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Mickey the Luxray
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Dissension wrote:I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.
Personally, I believe that us having the bravery to speak out against something we all love is a testimony to Rick's ability. He most definitely is a master of making us feel for the characters, for better or for worse.

But, if Dissension insists, then I shall oblige.
Gren wrote:Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:
Grape and Peanut technically count as a platonic relationship. I think. :| Great, now I'm confused.
If you want my number, it's #804080.

User avatar
Ponjos
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Ponjos »

Muddypaws wrote:Be a Dog? Be a Human primate?
Be happy and wed? Be single and.., probably in Jail if returned to Human form?
Choices Choices Choices
King I see him reaching out... "HELP! I need somebody... HELP! Not just anybody.... HELP!!!" Oh GOD does he need it now.
(psst! HOPE he decides to stay as a Corgie -- he'll be far happier)
King won't like it but he owes Pete. Joe was made into a King by Pete. I believe this was allowed because it was deemed for his own good. That said, I think this is the first time King has had to consider his human/dog position in quite some time.

Pete has him in a tough spot. Being a dog isn't always easy but King learned to like it. Although he may not know it, I believe King would eventually go to heaven if he remains as he is now. The alternative (as a human) seems like a rather unpleasant result.

What do you think?

Ponjos - Reader since Joey's Insanity Plea.
A useful guide to BB Code is here.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11598
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dissension wrote:
KhazixRusyuu wrote:Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?
That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.
It also depends on if King remembers that. It's amazing the things you can forget when scared.

So King's now on a time-frame
to decide if to be human
or help Pete play his game?
Will he be a Griffon Crewman

or live a life of regret?
At least Pete's being fair
and not making him choose yet
he has a year to prepare.

If he chooses to tell Bailey
will she understand?
Will she be able to forgive he
when turned by command?

If they have Pups their own
Could Pete be an uncle?
He can be fun as he has shown -
He quotes Simon and Garfunkel!
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Mickey the Luxray
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Ponjos wrote: Pete has him in a tough spot. Being a dog isn't always easy but King learned to like it. Although he may not know it, I believe King would eventually go to heaven if he remains as he is now. The alternative (as a human) seems like a rather unpleasant result.

What do you think?
I say that King shouldn't think logically about all this. That takes the meaning (and, if he changes his mind, the chance to go back) from it- what he needs to do is look into his heart and see what it wants for him.

I just sounded like some sort of cheesy kid's TV show. Blech. :roll:
If you want my number, it's #804080.

User avatar
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Posts: 1610
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:33 pm
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Dissension wrote:I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.
Yeah guys, Diss has a point. The consistency of negativity towards a character and the stories they're in is a tad bit of a shot to the creative brain. I understand that this seems strict but for Rick's sake, try not to write something you think might be too harsh :)
Cerberusx wrote:I'm confused. What will Pete do if King does go to him? To me it sounds like King will lose no matter what...also I think King might cancel the wedding now. Simply because of what Pete has said. After all there's no guarantee that Pete ever keep is end of the bargain if King wants to stay as a dog.
Unfortunatly, he really sould consider that now, cuz' Pete is unpredictable. Secondly, he mainly does things for personal gain, and what would he gain from letting King stay a dog once the game is over?
ImageImageImageImage

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5002
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

I hope this is ok because I feel completely terrible right now and I need to get this out. I wish to apologize to Rick here, when I like things (and I really do love your comic a whole lot) I tend to criticize them quite a bit and I can come across as perhaps very harsh at times. It really wasn't my intent to hurt Rick by doing this I just wanted to give my honest opinion and it appears I did so far more harshly and hurtfully then I intended it to be. So for what its worth I'm truthfully sorry that I came across this way and I will likely just keep my criticisms to my self from now on.

User avatar
Render
Wanna play a game?
Posts: 12283
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Render »

Lifio13 wrote:On another note, I now have Mrs Robinson stuck in my head. xD
I am just listening to the Concert in the Central Park.

---

Can somebody please clear up something for me, as I don't fully understand?
"I am forfeiting in one year" - Does it mean Pete will surrender and lose the game in one year?

---

I hope we will see the other residents of Babylon Garden during the ceremony. I am missing them. :)
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage

gameangel147
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by gameangel147 »

So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.

Nelsonic1
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 3:20 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Nelsonic1 »

Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 7327
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by D-Rock »

Nelsonic1 wrote:Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?
Dragon already has an avatar (Tarot), and if I remember correctly, another in training (Sabrina). If he does go to Dragon, it would likely only be as a follower, not an avatar, sort of like how Keene is Pete's minion. Even then, he would have to suck in a lot of pride, since he thinks of Dragon as highly as he does Pete.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Argent »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Well, at least we aren't King isn't getting smacked with the five-second ultimatum that we were all expecting.
I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.

So, if The Graduate hadn't come out, and the song stuck with the original theme, Joel would have had "Roosevelt" as a last name?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles
Posts: 2814
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Obbl »

Argent wrote:I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.
Pete must be very confidant that there is no way around this.
Last edited by Obbl on Fri May 24, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Argent »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!
Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:
I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...
Whether Rick does or not, I'm pretty sure King doesn't:

Image

Also:

Image

Also:

Image
Obbl wrote:
Argent wrote:I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.
Pete must be very confidant that there is no way around this.
And Pete has never made a mistake or had his elaborate planning go astray.

Image
Last edited by Argent on Fri May 24, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Dissension »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Personally, I believe that us having the bravery to speak out against something we all love is a testimony to Rick's ability. He most definitely is a master of making us feel for the characters, for better or for worse.

But, if Dissension insists, then I shall oblige.
Sorry, your ability to speak your mind is lower on my priority list than the emotional well-being of my friend. I'm unashamedly playing the dictator card and asking all of you to trust me when I say I'd not be doing so without cause. Please, please keep Rick's feelings in mind when making your comments.
gameangel147 wrote:So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.
King can make his decision at any time, but Pete will resign the game in one year's time.
Nelsonic1 wrote:Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?
As D-Rock said, King dislikes the Cosmic Nerds equally and The Spirit Dragon has both an avatar and a chosen successor for her avatar.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Argent »

Dissension wrote:That's something we'll find out, unless we don't! The spell that turned Joel into King is reversed if Pete forfeits the game, as revealed in the last comic. The decision may be taken from King by events. This is all speculation, of course.
And of course Pete never fibs.
Dissension wrote:
Nelsonic1 wrote:Could King just as well go to the Spirit Dragon and ask to become one of her avatars?
As D-Rock said, King dislikes the Cosmic Nerds equally and The Spirit Dragon has both an avatar and a chosen successor for her avatar.
Say, Tarot, could Dragon turn me back into a dog like one microsecond after Pete forfeits if I happen to get, uh, accidentally turned into a human because I did something that made Pete give up?
Last edited by Argent on Fri May 24, 2013 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8819
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Dissension »

Some Ferret-Looking Guy wrote:And of course Pete never fibs.
Of course.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 3896
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Legotron123 »

Well at least Pete is giving king a chance to decide. Oh well, ON TO THE WEDDING!!!!!!

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 11598
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Dissension wrote: Sorry, your ability to speak your mind is lower on my priority list than the emotional well-being of my friend. I'm unashamedly playing the dictator card and asking all of you to trust me when I say I'd not be doing so without cause. Please, please keep Rick's feelings in mind when making your comments.
I can understand why. I saw the effect of negative postings on a certain Precocious creator on his boards and it wasn't amusing. Creators are hurt far more by negative posts than they are bouyed by positive ones. Just remember though, Rick, if we didn't like the strip? None of us would be here. Be of cheer.
Helo, Eye'm Leslie the Kitten from Richmond Acres. I karnt spel wel yet.

Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Spens
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Spens »

That was certainly unexpected. Pete's definitely got something up his sleeve here. Let's just hope King can find a way around all of this, with or without the cosmic nerds.

Oddly enough, I'm starting to get fascinated with Pete as a character.

User avatar
WeirdGamer
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:40 am
Location: Earth

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by WeirdGamer »

All right I admit it, Pete's got style. Also, I couldn't have been the only one to thing of Harry Potter when I read that, right?
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!

User avatar
venshadowcry
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 am
Location: Florida

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by venshadowcry »

Pete definitely knows how to make an exit, I'll give him that, though I wish Dragon or Kitsune would step in and stop him.

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Argent »

angelusbr wrote: As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.
"Bailey, would you marry a corgi if he was only going to be on this planet for a year?"

Sasha: Oh wow, you're gonna be an astronaut?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gren »

IceKitsune wrote:To me for a character like Pete to be likeable (which they can be) they either need to have a very charismatic personality which IMO Pete doesn't have or they have to have a very good reason to do the things they do. Which neither Pete nor Dragon have, because their reasoning boils down to an incredibly childish "I want to win this game." Which is just not in any way a good or even interesting reason, I'm sorry Rick but its just not. I liked the Nerds storyline back when I though there might be a good reason for all of this but the fact is there isn't.
Honestly, this is the reason why I find them interesting, because it isn't the typical "I am the good god and I am the bad god and it's our mission decide the destiny of the universe". They have personality, they consider this as a game and have their own reasons to do with the world whatever they want even if not every mortal are happy with that, because that's what they think is better for them.
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Gren wrote:
valerio wrote:but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!
Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:
I'm pretty sure Rick thinks that... Based on a conversation I had with him a week ago...
Maybe he was referring that he was not going to show any kind of sexuality in the comic, but that doesn't mean the characters couldn't have genuine interest. As Argent said, some strips were quite explicit on the subject.
Argent wrote:I think Pete has made a huge mistake letting King spend a year coming up with ways to dump his grand plans in the wetlands. If he made King decide then and there, King would have to agree. With a year to pack his parachute, King might decide he can afford to bail out.
Agreed. Unless he have some plan to make King suffer and be sure he makes the more convenient decision for him at the same time.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Just remember though, Rick, if we didn't like the strip? None of us would be here. Be of cheer.
That's what I was going to say. Besides, I rarely complain about the comic, I complain of the complainers! XD
angelusbr wrote:As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.
Well, I think Rick did this so he could continue with the wedding. However, you have a point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Leaving her at the altar... that would be an interesting and unexpected outcome.
ImageImage

flaremaster
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:30 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by flaremaster »

Gren wrote:
angelusbr wrote:As for the story, I think King will now cancel the wedding leaving a heartbroken Bailey and several angry friends because he can't bring himself to continue with Pete's threat hanging upon his head.
Well, I think Rick did this so he could continue with the wedding. However, you have a point, I hadn't thought of it that way. Leaving her at the altar... that would be an interesting and unexpected outcome.
And we all know Rick's tendencies to pull a surprise ending

As for this arc and strip in general, I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and no matter how it ends, it will have been worth the ride.
Last edited by flaremaster on Fri May 24, 2013 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Perfesser_Bear
Posts: 259
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:36 am
Location: Exeter, Confusion
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Perfesser_Bear »

I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.
--Perfesser

Perfesser_Bear
Pundit Wannabe

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by angelusbr »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.
Generalizing at its finest.
I'm a fanfic writer and I did some videos, which made me recieve my own share trolls/flamers/haters the same way there are those who point out my flaws and I do appretiate constructive criticism. Anyone can only improve by noticing their own flaws and improving them.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

User avatar
Hukley
Banner Artist
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:17 am
Location: Switzerland
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Hukley »

gameangel147 wrote:So he has a year to decide, I was worried Pete was going to change him back immediately.
After all, I think at bottom Pete is not a bad fellow... I also expected him to force King to make a decision within the next 5 minutes, but a year is (in my opinion)a fair time limit.
I'm looking forward to the next update :D
Last edited by Hukley on Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage

User avatar
xhunterko
Posts: 4636
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am
Location: Fairfield, Illinois
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by xhunterko »

Well. At least he has a year.

...

Did they tell you that a year could be a day or hour? ;)

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by angelusbr »

xhunterko wrote:Well. At least he has a year.

...

Did they tell you that a year could be a day or hour? ;)
That's the subjective perception of time Pete talked about back in the judgement arc. When he said a year I think it's a "real" year for king. Or it could be a dog year, which is shorter than human's.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

Fortran
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 4:01 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Fortran »

I was a bit disappointed by today's comic. After Pete showed up I was hanging on the edge of my seat for the next strips. Turns out there isn't any closure and Pete just postpones the resolution for (up to!) a year. On the other hand, there's still plenty of drama left ­­­­- now I'm worried that King might cancel his wedding to get more time to decide.

In any case, I love the S&G reference. Great song.

User avatar
TinFoilHats
Posts: 443
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:28 pm
Location: Under a rock in Alberta

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by TinFoilHats »

Dissension wrote:[ Woe Woe Woe ]

Title Text: Hey hey hey, Petey's on the way! . . . to . . . back where he came from?

Have I mentioned, today, just how much I like Pete? *giggles*
I could tell by you avatar :I
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17202
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Sleet »

Perfesser_Bear wrote:I suggest that everyone who is having problems with Rick's handling of the arc (or in some cases, with the subject or length of the arc) go start their own webcomic, then sit back and watch the golden laurels roll in.

What's that, you're just a no-talent boor with no ability beyond spray painting
U $u¢k on someone else' lifework? I guess that's pretty close to vandalism; that's the definition of Internet Troll and it's really kind of sad.

I've been dealing with the upheaval at Flickr this week (if you don't know you don't want to), so if you want to see some serious flaming, look at the forums there. Just, please, don't track any of it back here.
Not all criticism is mean-spirited, and people who lack creative skill can still have valid opinions. Additionally, an internet troll is not just someone who's mean on the internet.

That said, when criticism gets nasty is where the line is drawn. Artists are people too.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
bug1
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:13 am
Location: Dark side of the moon

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by bug1 »

Muddypaws wrote:Be a Dog? Be a Human primate?

Be happy and wed? Be single and.., probably in Jail if returned to Human form?

Choices Choices Choices

King I see him reaching out... "HELP! I need somebody... HELP! Not just anybody.... HELP!!!" Oh GOD does he need it now.

(psst! HOPE he decides to stay as a Corgie -- he'll be far happier)
If somebody didn't say that, I would have. I can't see why is he's even poundering this. :|

Well... mabe it's because he never realy whanted to be a dog in the first place but now he's torn between being a dog ... or locked up for a realy long time in prison as a human with just about no way to get his life back together. :?

On the other hand staying a dog would mean being Petes avatar and who knows when Pete would put that into effect,
which could mean bad news down the road for King. :x
Troll on people Troll on!! :D

User avatar
Sky-Leif
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Sky-Leif »

I caught that reference at the end! I love that song! :3
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

User avatar
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Foxstar »

angelusbr wrote:I'm a fanfic writer and I did some videos, which made me recieve my own share trolls/flamers/haters the same way there are those who point out my flaws and I do appretiate constructive criticism. Anyone can only improve by noticing their own flaws and improving them.
You may welcome the type of spiteful, venom filled 'constructive criticism' that some so called fans offer. Rick does not. And so I'm taking it a step above Diss, keep it polite, useful and worthwhile when you offer 'criticism' here, that goes for everyone. Passionate, venom, backbiting filled rants will do nothing but ensure, of that I can promise of not posting here anymore.

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by rickgriffin »

Also if you think that "Rick won't grow unless we give him constant unending criticism," that's a perspective that assumes I don't actually care about what I'm doing unless I'm actively being insulted. You don't need to take the burden of self-improvement on for me. If you don't like the comic, that's fine, you don't have to like the comic--but taking which characters or plots you don't like as though it were a personal attack (or a threat to your personal well-being) and retaliating is not real criticism.

Please refer to the previous thread https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=2&t=2206
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by angelusbr »

Foxstar wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I'm a fanfic writer and I did some videos, which made me recieve my own share trolls/flamers/haters the same way there are those who point out my flaws and I do appretiate constructive criticism. Anyone can only improve by noticing their own flaws and improving them.
You may welcome the type of spiteful, venom filled 'constructive criticism' that some so called fans offer. Rick does not. And so I'm taking it a step above Diss, keep it polite, useful and worthwhile when you offer 'criticism' here, that goes for everyone. Passionate, venom, backbiting filled rants will do nothing but ensure, of that I can promise of not posting here anymore.
I think I worded it better in my deleted post. What I mean is say something is horrible just to be a hater is a bad thing, but point out flaws and give an explanation of why something is wrong in your work is not a bad thing. I do welcome criticism that explain to me what I did wrong. And what I meant was that I too recieve flaming/troll posts that give no actual criticism, so I ignore these ones.
rickgriffin wrote:Also if you think that "Rick won't grow unless we give him constant unending criticism," that's a perspective that assumes I don't actually care about what I'm doing unless I'm actively being insulted. You don't need to take the burden of self-improvement on for me. If you don't like the comic, that's fine, you don't have to like the comic--but taking which characters or plots you don't like as though it were a personal attack (or a threat to your personal well-being) and retaliating is not real criticism.

Please refer to the previous thread https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... f=2&t=2206
Sometimes some details escape when you write a story that recquire a third person to see and notice them, because sometimes when an author writes somethings, while it makes sense for him/her while writting, it may need some tweaking so the plot and characters can be fully understood by the readers.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

User avatar
Argent
Posts: 5884
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Argent »

Last edited by Argent on Fri May 24, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @

Post Reply