2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8820
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Dissension »

[ Woe Woe Woe ]

Title Text: Hey hey hey, Petey's on the way! . . . to . . . back where he came from?

Have I mentioned, today, just how much I like Pete? *giggles*
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Sleet »

Well yeah. He quotes Simon & Garfunkel. :3
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
CheckMate
Posts: 86
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.. the details are kind of fuzzy

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by CheckMate »

O.o
Now that King is a dog does he cry to all dog's go to heaven???

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

I hope its not going to be an actual year for an answer on this.

User avatar
Arjay
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Arjay »

The song referenced here used to be one of my favorites, haven't heard it in a long time. Also apparently quite a few people voted for tragedy in the survey.
Last edited by Arjay on Fri May 24, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Staying focused is a full time job at minimum wage.

User avatar
Gbr23
Posts: 1260
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gbr23 »

Pete, you´re a genius and you have style ! That´s all I got to say
Last edited by Gbr23 on Fri May 24, 2013 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!

User avatar
Sinder
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Sinder »

first panel is Sonic The Corgi
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
VolkOseba
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by VolkOseba »

Couldn't Pete just ask nicely? People... uhh... dogs don't like being blackmailed.

User avatar
Zaitsev
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Zaitsev »

I won't admit it, you can't make me admit anything.
I am nothing if not the immortal avatar of everybody's favourite Blood God.

Vuk91
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Vuk91 »

Poor Kingy, he has to choose between 2 bad things.

User avatar
CrazyAce
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:12 am
Location: Trapped in Kurt Cobain's body.

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by CrazyAce »

CURSE YOU, PETE!
Image "LOOK, IT'S ROCK AND ROLL!"

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gren »

You see? At least Pete has been kind enough to decide wait a year until King makes a decision.

So that means the cosmic game will be lengthened at least one more year.

Now we shall wait the boring happy ending of the arc that everyone was expecting.
ImageImage

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by rickgriffin »

Gren wrote: Now we shall wait the boring happy ending of the arc that everyone was expecting.
I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
RioluNation
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RioluNation »

Hooray...? I guess...?
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D

User avatar
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 6034
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am
Location: dark frost fortress

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Serence Frostbite »

anyone noticed that "love me" behind panel 1 ? XD
This might sound evil but I'm actually loving Pete more and more because of stuff like these :lol:

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

Dissension wrote:Have I mentioned, today, just how much I like Pete? *giggles*
Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic? And really this is something for anyone who genuinely likes the Nerds do you just like to hate them or do you genuinely like who they are?

Because to me he, especially among the Nerds, has no real redeeming qualities, and really the Nerds in general don't really have any in the first place. They are just some loser nerds with superpowers taking a game of basically D&D far more seriously then it should be taken and ruining peoples lives in the process.

User avatar
RioluNation
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RioluNation »

serence ice fox wrote:anyone noticed that "love me" behind panel 1 ? XD
This might sound evil but I'm actually loving Pete more and more because of stuff like these :lol:
I'm guessing the whole thing says "rainbows loves me"?
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21010
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

RioluNation wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:anyone noticed that "love me" behind panel 1 ? XD
This might sound evil but I'm actually loving Pete more and more because of stuff like these :lol:
I'm guessing the whole thing says "rainbows loves me"?
since this is in a church, I'm pretty sure it says "Jesus loves me" King must be in the Sunday school room
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

AleColin
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by AleColin »

Man this is a tough choice what do you guys think, I think that King should tell the truth to Bailey I know it is hard but what choice does he have King needs help.

User avatar
Gbr23
Posts: 1260
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Location: Home
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gbr23 »

IceKitsune wrote:Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic?
Oh come on, he´s a great character and he´s a great antagonist in this cosmic arc (That doesn´t mean he´s the bad guy). Besides, without him the whole comic wouldn´t be the same.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gren »

rickgriffin wrote:
Gren wrote: Now we shall wait the boring happy ending of the arc that everyone was expecting.
I'm glad you're enjoying the story.
Meh, don't take me wrong, I enjoy the story, but lately I been losing interest in King's arcs after see so many whining of the forumites. Last time I've truly enjoyed King was "Show Business" arc, so has been a while.
You know, this forum is getting similar to Bleach's forums day by day (and that scares me :shock: ).
ImageImage

User avatar
D-Rock
Moderator
Posts: 7532
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by D-Rock »

King, you now have a year to figure out how to explain this so you better start thinking about how you're going to tell Bailey, and you really don't want to be indecisive regarding this. Though now I wonder how the wedding will be now that King is in this state. I can imagine he'll be really preoccupied.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Image
Image

User avatar
Muddypaws
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:25 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Muddypaws »

Be a Dog? Be a Human primate?

Be happy and wed? Be single and.., probably in Jail if returned to Human form?

Choices Choices Choices

King I see him reaching out... "HELP! I need somebody... HELP! Not just anybody.... HELP!!!" Oh GOD does he need it now.

(psst! HOPE he decides to stay as a Corgie -- he'll be far happier)
"Never take life too seriously, you'll never come out of it alive." - Bugs Bunny

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

Gbr23 wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic?
Oh come on, he´s a great character and he´s a great antagonist in this cosmic arc (That doesn´t mean he´s the bad guy). Besides, without him the whole comic wouldn´t be the same.
I understand if the Nerds are the type of characters you love to hate; however what I don't get is anyone that genuinely likes them, like Diss seems to with Pete. There isn't anything (to me anyway) to sympathize with or like when it comes to Pete or Dragon.

User avatar
RioluNation
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Location: Kansas
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RioluNation »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
RioluNation wrote:
serence ice fox wrote:anyone noticed that "love me" behind panel 1 ? XD
This might sound evil but I'm actually loving Pete more and more because of stuff like these :lol:
I'm guessing the whole thing says "rainbows loves me"?
since this is in a church, I'm pretty sure it says "Jesus loves me" King must be in the Sunday school room
That makes a lot more sense than what I said. :lol:
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D

User avatar
valerio
Posts: 19274
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Location: Italy
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by valerio »

IceKitsune wrote:I hope its not going to be an actual year for an answer on this.
ok, the arc (and the current year9 still got to end so no, nothing has been defined yet in terms of decisions. For what we know, King could decide once and for all now... But if not, may I speak frankly?, this 'I don't know what I really want to be' trick is becoming stale. The only thing that could really give the final decision a genuine pathos would be when bailey gets pregnant -not to be gross, guys, but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!
---
IceKitsune wrote:Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic? And really this is something for anyone who genuinely likes the Nerds do you just like to hate them or do you genuinely like who they are?
Because to me he, especially among the Nerds, has no real redeeming qualities, and really the Nerds in general don't really have any in the first place. They are just some loser nerds with superpowers taking a game of basically D&D far more seriously then it should be taken and ruining peoples lives in the process.
Well, I find it good that heaven is not populated by monodimensional happy'n'smiling beings...but Pete seems to belong to the ranks of, well, not-nice places.
And again, Dragon is pulling her rank to get Peanut, which in her own makes her no better.
---
Arjay wrote:The song referenced here used to be one of my favorites, haven't heard it in a long time. Also apparently quite a few people voted for tragedy in the survey.
*curses repeatedly* I ALWAYS participated to ALL surveys! Come on Rick, couldn't you just reopen for me to cast the vote? Just for one day!*is idiot, sorry*
Oh, and which song are you talking about?
Last edited by valerio on Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gren »

IceKitsune wrote:I understand if the Nerds are the type of characters you love to hate; however what I don't get is anyone that genuinely likes them, like Diss seems to with Pete. There isn't anything (to me anyway) to sympathize with or like when it comes to Pete or Dragon.
Well, you could say the same of Bino and he has his own fandom, so...
It's a matter of favoritism, nothing else. In my case, it's probably that I be the only one who have Fox as his least favorite character when he doesn't have any feature to be considered hateful.
ImageImage

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21010
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:
Arjay wrote:The song referenced here used to be one of my favorites, haven't heard it in a long time. Also apparently quite a few people voted for tragedy in the survey.
*curses repeatedly* I ALWAYS participated to ALL surveys! Come on Rick, couldn't you just reopen for me to cast the vote? Just for one day!
Oh, and which song are you talking about?
this one
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic? And really this is something for anyone who genuinely likes the Nerds do you just like to hate them or do you genuinely like who they are?
Because to me he, especially among the Nerds, has no real redeeming qualities, and really the Nerds in general don't really have any in the first place. They are just some loser nerds with superpowers taking a game of basically D&D far more seriously then it should be taken and ruining peoples lives in the process.
Well, I find it good that heaven is not populated by monodimensional happy'n'smiling beings...but Pete seems to belong to the ranks of, well, not-nice places.
And again, Dragon is pulling her rank to get Peanut, which in her own makes her no better.
I don't think that Pete or Dragon are monsters or evil really. I just think they are really selfish ******** that garner little to no sympathy from me. Believe me I like it that Heaven isn't super perfect land either.

Gren
Posts: 1177
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Gren »

valerio wrote:but I hardly doubt this relationship is based on a platonic base!
Why? There's anyone here who believes relationships in this comic are truly platonic? Please... :lol:
*curses repeatedly* I ALWAYS participated to ALL surveys! Come on Rick, couldn't you just reopen for me to cast the vote? Just for one day!
He said on twitter that he was going to launch another survey in gdocs.
ImageImage

User avatar
Mickey the Luxray
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Well, at least we aren't King isn't getting smacked with the five-second ultimatum that we were all expecting.

Now... about that... incident... with Sabrina. It's been almost three years, when can we expect to see it happening?
If you want my number, it's #804080.

User avatar
Darastrixen
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Darastrixen »

I must admit, this took an entirely different turn than I expected. Pete came, stated a fact with a minimum of gloating, and made no demands of King before he left. He's getting subtle. If we believe Pete, he will forfeit after a year even if, somehow, he gets King to join him. I suspect this can only mean one of two things: Either Pete is bluffing, or he plans to win with King as his avatar within the year (offering King the chance to remain a dog in exchange).

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7070
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Really I have to ask what exactly do you like about Pete? In what way is he even remotely sympathetic? And really this is something for anyone who genuinely likes the Nerds do you just like to hate them or do you genuinely like who they are?
I actually am starting to like Pete more because he's basically one of the many superpowers in the comic. At first, it wasn't so interesting until more players like Pete started showing up. Pete's redeeming quality is that he is different than the others, actually. He's not as nice as Dragon, he's not as fair as GK, and he's certainly the kind of guy that I find that plays to his own benefits and amusement, but at the same time it's because this whole thing is treated like a game to them. Pete also shows that he does have a soft side, but it's mostly a subtle one because, let's face it ~ He wants things done his way.

I oughta point out that Pete is certainly a likable character these days. Granted though, it's not something I would say you wanna see him do everyday, but when he does something, you know it's meant to be important, and that can be done smoothly depending on the pace of the comic. (And personally, the pace is there.)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
GeckoZY
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by GeckoZY »

Pete is usually shown in a darker or devious light. And I kinda understand that Pete more or less has been a bit harsh on King when he turned into a corgi. But would it really be that bad for King if he did accept being Pete's avatar?
Image
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
Image
El Psy Congroo

User avatar
Cerberusx
Posts: 450
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: United States, Florida

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Cerberusx »

I'm confused. What will Pete do if King does go to him? To me it sounds like King will lose no matter what...also I think King might cancel the wedding now. Simply because of what Pete has said. After all there's no guarantee that Pete ever keep is end of the bargain if King wants to stay as a dog.
Last edited by Cerberusx on Fri May 24, 2013 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."

User avatar
Lifio13
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 am
Location: Scotland

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Lifio13 »

Pete's slowly becoming one of my favourite characters. He quotes song lyrics. x3

I was expecting Pete to do something more. I guess it'll be interesting to see what happens now!

On another note, I now have Mrs Robinson stuck in my head. xD
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by IceKitsune »

To me for a character like Pete to be likeable (which they can be) they either need to have a very charismatic personality which IMO Pete doesn't have or they have to have a very good reason to do the things they do. Which neither Pete nor Dragon have, because their reasoning boils down to an incredibly childish "I want to win this game." Which is just not in any way a good or even interesting reason, I'm sorry Rick but its just not. I liked the Nerds storyline back when I though there might be a good reason for all of this but the fact is there isn't.

Skiff
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Skiff »

IceKitsune wrote:
I understand if the Nerds are the type of characters you love to hate; however what I don't get is anyone that genuinely likes them, like Diss seems to with Pete. There isn't anything (to me anyway) to sympathize with or like when it comes to Pete or Dragon.

As a character, I like him. He makes an impact and has shown enough facets to give him some depth. I might cheer for Kings side, but to me Pete is like a player on the opposing side who makes a nice move and scores on your team. I can't help but raise an eyebrow, admire it and go, "Yikes, look what that guy just did."

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8820
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by Dissension »

I know y'all have strong opinions of the comic and want to provide honest feedback. I have one guideline, in addition to the forum rules: kindly keep in mind Rick reads and can be affected by what you say. Rick is human, too, and a constant barrage of "This comic sucks because..." or "This arc sucks because..." or "I hate this character because..." will eventually wear down his spirit and drive to do the comic. Bearing in mind that Rick understands literature and writing pretty well should help alleviate your concerns. Acting in defense of my friend, this topic will have no more negativity and there will be consequences if such persists.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
KhazixRusyuu
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:11 am
Location: Sooooomewheeeeeere over the rainbowwww.....

Re: 2013/05/24 - Woe Woe Woe

Post by KhazixRusyuu »

Sooo, wasn't there a fate sorta thing King had stashed away that Pete couldn't mess with that depended on his choice? Ya' know, the watch? Or is that just as much up for being swayed by Pete's actions?
Critical ham alert. Please change the bulb so we may update to code blue.

Post Reply