Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Slippery-Q

Re: current comic

Post by Slippery-Q »

Two_Twig wrote:Thanks :D, I just hope Peanut comes out of this arc happy.
I'd say the odds of it not happening are slim to none.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Slippy wrote:
Two_Twig wrote:Thanks :D, I just hope Peanut comes out of this arc happy.
I'd say the odds of it not happening are slim to none.
Well... Someone has to be optimistic :?, if even a little.
Last edited by Two_Twig on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Hey, guys. We're talking about Peanut here. i'm sure he'll find a way to fix this.

Yeah, it's pretty bad for Peanut right now, but life's tough. at times at least Peanut is doing what he thinks is right. This also may give him more insight of what he really wants. i'm pretty sure there will be a good surprise for him in the future to help him cope with this loss.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Because that's totally how life works. xD

This kind of thing (at least in my experience, which is full of them) never ends well. Unrequited love? You can keep it.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

At the current moment, all i'm trying to say is it ain't over for Peanut yet. Whether he's going to give up on Grape at this point or not is debatable, but he's alot more understanding at least, and that's why i love the darn dog.

Peanut i'm sure is going to be treated to something nice for his recent actions. Whether it be from Grape, his parents or someone unexpected is something i'll leave up to Rick X3
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

I'm really surprised at how awesome Peanut is being about all this. Which makes it sadder than if he'd've just emo'd about the whole affair ;-;
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Alex

Post by Alex »

Trying to predict what will happen may be fun, but the chances to guess are really low. There's really a lot of possibilities, and even if we'd list all of them, Rick will come up with something unexpected :P. I guess that.... we'll find it out on Monday :).

(My favorite possibility is that Max blows the date and hurts Grape somehow, resulting in Grape going to Peanut to make her feel better)
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

Two_Twig wrote:Image

Keep crying baby!!!
Last edited by Anonymous_Pyro on Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gentlemen.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

As an avid TF2 player, I'm constantly suppressing the urge to make references to the game.

YOU ARE NOT HELPING. NOT ONE BIT

AUGH, SUPPRESSING URGE TO EQUATE THE SCOUT'S SIGNATURE LINE TO MAX
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

Buckdida wrote:YOU ARE NOT HELPING. NOT ONE BIT
Now ragequit, it will make both happy!
Gentlemen.
Dylan
Box Fox

Post by Dylan »

Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
Buckdida wrote:YOU ARE NOT HELPING. NOT ONE BIT
Now ragequit, it will make both happy!
Why aren't you spy checking pyro! "Spy's sappin' mah sentry!"
I had to do it.
Make Pasta not war.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Two_Twig wrote:Typically, my drawings reflect what I'm feeling... Right now kinda "bluey"

I thought it seemed like something he would do, which kinda mad me sad :(

I think I'll just go read Sinder's fanfics a couple dozens times till Monday...
Hmmm... Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure "The King and I" wasn't actually a book, or at least didn't start out as a book. Could someone give me a rain check on that? It started out as a musical based on another book right? I can't remember... :? how embarrassing...
----
My Devious account...
Tehman

Post by Tehman »

The King and I is a musical by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II based on the book Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

I realize that's the first line on Wikipedia, and now I feel just silly...but thanks anyway :D You'd be surprised how blatantly I sometimes overlook simple means of technological usage...
----
My Devious account...
Slippery-Q

Post by Slippery-Q »

Two_Twig wrote:I realize that's the first line on Wikipedia, and now I feel just silly...but thanks anyway :D You'd be surprised how blatantly I sometimes overlook simple means of technological usage...
Yeah, I know how you feel. I remember one time I was zoned out in the mall, and took the stairs instead of the escalator. Then I look up, and see my brothers standing there. And I'm like, "How'd you get up here so quick?" and they just point at the escalator. xP
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

You know, i never thought of it, but i been playing Eye of the Beholder for the SNES this week and remembered Peanut wanting to be a Paladin. with the sacrifices Peanut has been making recently, i'm beginning to think his choice for a Paladin in a D&D game would accurately sum up his role =P
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Two_Twig wrote:Image
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

Peanut sighed and snapped the book shut, setting it aside to join the others. "Yeah," he murmured, "tell me about it."

He usually read to get his mind off his troubles, to live out a brief fantasy as a way to escape from reality, if even for a short while. Tonight, however, that was proving to be especially difficult, as nothing seemed to catch his interest; the stack of books at his side was already six tomes high and getting higher. He had thumbed through the pages of each one, aimlessly, without purpose, seeing the words without actually reading them. Despite his best efforts, his mind was firmly rooted in the here and now.

He found himself tugging at his collar with his fingers, unconsciously, a nervous habit that he thought he had grown out of years ago. He glanced at the clock again for what must have been the fifth time in as many minutes: 10 PM. Time certainly wasn't crawling by any faster. He shook his head; mustn't keep doing that. It's not healthy. She'll get home whenever she gets home, and that's that. He'll stay up until she comes in, if only to make sure that nothing has happened to her, just like last time.

He tried to rationalize it to himself as he reached toward the bookshelf again. It's not like it would have worked out, anyway. After all, he was a dog and she was a cat; that fact alone would have caused a multitude of problems, despite the assertions of his foolish, crayon-scrawled drawings to the contrary. That was just childish puppy love, nothing more. Why did it have to be her? Why couldn't it have been Daisy, instead? She was dumb as a sack of hammers, but at least she was another dog; that would have made things so much simpler.

Never mind the fact that they were technically siblings; for all he knew, they might have been, at least in the eyes of the law. Besides, she didn't even like dogs; they had run her up a tree more than once, and she had literally put Bino in the hospital. That by itself would have been enough to sour his chances. He only wanted her to be happy--wanted that more than anything else--and knew, deep down, that letting her go was the right thing to do.

As he mechanically leafed through the pages of the latest book, he felt that familiar, uncomfortable tightness in his chest, which seemed to swell whenever he thought of her; if it was the right thing to do, then why did it hurt so much?

A certain phrase caught his eye. He backtracked a little, and scanned the page until he found the correct passage. It had been a long time since he'd read any Tennyson.

"I hold it true, whate'er befall," he whispered. "I feel it, when I sorrow most; 'Tis better to have loved and lost... than never to have loved at all."

Peanut closed the book, buried his face within his folded arms, and wept.
Last edited by Sinder on Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sadly, i never read that book. but i know it would've been a nice romance novel =(
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Ohh, lookat that! Sinder returns the favor.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Sinder wrote:Awesome short story
I'm not sure what to say :oops: , but that was amazing :shock: ... Is possible to write that greatly on a whim? Maybe I should draw more often... :?
----
My Devious account...
Alex

Post by Alex »

Well, thanks, Sinder. Now I feel even worse for Peanut than before....... I hate you Not really >_>
Richarson Valley

D.Z.

Post by D.Z. »

Rick, you are an evil, evil man STOP MAKING ME CRY
Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

D.Z. wrote:Rick, you are an evil, evil man STOP MAKING ME CRY
That makes you cry?

wow...

just wow.
Gentlemen.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Anonymous_Pyro wrote:
D.Z. wrote:Rick, you are an evil, evil man STOP MAKING ME CRY
That makes you cry?

wow...

just wow.
I think he didn't mean it serious, he just wanted to indicate that it makes him sad..... just like me :(
Richarson Valley

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder ~ Bringer of Tears

>.> <.<
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sinder, you're gonna pay dearly for this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PS - oh, Twig, great job as usual
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

valerio wrote:Sinder, you're gonna pay dearly for this
Yikes, now I kinda feel like I'm partly to blame for all this... I still really like your story though, Sinder. Actually I'm just flattered you would take the time to write any little story off of one of my pictures :oops: It makes me giddy good sir :mrgreen:, giddy with joy.
----
My Devious account...
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Sinder wrote:Oh my.
FFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I finally watched this, and I feel that letter is the only comment appropriate.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

I'm starting to think that maybe Rick, with Sinder's help of course, might have started attracting the more obsessive fans...
I finally am in fear for the safety of their platonic relationship.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Mmkay. I thought my info thread was a bit obsessive, but at least it has some use to others, that was kinda the point. Then I just watched that vid...what was the point of that?!?! It's only function...well, actually two, which would be publicity, but the main one is a declaration of too much free time and superfanishnish.

[(Is there hypocrisy here? If so, I am aware of it) Wait, that doesn't make sense* at all AUGH]

Blargh, my excuse was that I made the thread because I like the comic and wanted to gather up all those Q&A in the forum that were being buried under a crap-ton off-topicness (that at the moment, we find funny and can't really be helped).

Anyway, I'm with Ebly. This comic's been going for over a year, it's now only a matter of time before a channer invokes a certain internet rule...

Edit: *@#$%&$% THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T POST WHEN SLEEPY
Last edited by Buckdida on Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Buckdida wrote:Mmkay. I thought my info thread was a bit obsessive, but at least it has some use to others, that was kinda the point. Then I just watched that vid...what was the point of that?!?! It's only function...well, actually two, which would be publicity, but the main one is a declaration of too much free time and superfanishnish.

[(Is there hypocrisy here? If so, I am aware of it) Wait, that doesn't make scene at all AUGH]

Blargh, my excuse was that I made the thread because I like the comic and wanted to gather up all those Q&A in the forum that were being buried under a crap-ton off-topicness (that at the moment, we find funny and can't really be helped).

Anyway, I'm with Ebly. This comic's been going for over a year, it's now only a matter of time before a channer invokes a certain internet rule...
"Wait, that doesn't make scene at all" <3

And don't worry about that last one, that's already been done.
Alex

Post by Alex »

There's only one thing I don't understand at all: Why is Peanut smiling in the last panel? My first thought was that he's happy for Grape, and those are tears of joy. But the broken heart definitely contradicts this possibility..... Or maybe is he happy for her, but also sad that she's not with him..... argh, Rick, you are evil :evil:!
Richarson Valley

Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

Alex wrote:There's only one thing I don't understand at all: Why is Peanut smiling in the last panel? My first thought was that he's happy for Grape, and those are tears of joy. But the broken heart definitely contradicts this possibility..... Or maybe is he happy for her, but also sad that she's not with him..... argh, Rick, you are evil :evil:!
It could be one of those "I'm smiling to look happy so I can cover up my feelings of pain" kind of smiles.
----
My Devious account...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

When i see Peanut crying, it's more of a pleasant cry i find as well. The Heartbreak mightbe a little misleading since it pretty much reflects the same heart shaped symbol when he initially had a crush on Grape after she revealed she was a girl. so i interpret it as one of two ways from Peanut's expression:

A) He is happy that Grape is happy, but is going out with Max and not him. thus, the Heartbreak.

B) He is happy that Grape is happy and is slowly losing his crush over Grape because of it. Considering Max & Grape's conversation at the end, he may during this moment ultimately decided, as much as it hurts, that she be better off with Max (or other cats for that matter) and is losing his crush over her.

i'm more inclined on choice #2, believing he's losing his crush since it's almost the same way he gained his crush.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Ebly wrote:I'm starting to think that maybe Rick, with Sinder's help of course, might have started attracting the more obsessive fans...
Ebly wrote:Inside Peanut's Butter
Wh...

What?
ImageImage
ImageImage
Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

Ebly wrote:Inside Peanut's Butter
What?
Gentlemen.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*Tightens the lid on the bowl of Butter that once belonged to Peanut*

I'm sorry, Peanut. but Ebly has tarnished it =(
Anonymous_Pyro

Post by Anonymous_Pyro »

And now for something completely different...

It's peanut butter jelly time.

I see what you did there, Rick.
Gentlemen.
Two_Twig

Post by Two_Twig »

GameCobra wrote:...i'm more inclined on choice #2...
Judging by a certain someones profile picture...*cough-bias-cough* I could see how someone could arrive to that conclusion >_>

While truthfully, both those opinions are legitimate, there could be other considerations to also take into account here. (organized from strongest to least.)

1.) Grape's sudden avidity to wanting to see other cats could be attributed to a defense-mechanism brought on by one barn cat who, as it happened, questioned her on the matter of her species "preferences". Now I'm no expert on the psychological workings of this particular matter, but to make a brief synopsis, Grape may only want to date Max not by her own desire, but by a sense of some contrived, social demanding on her part as a cat, therefor being she should only be interested in other cats.

2.) "he's losing his crush since it's almost the same way he gained his crush?" I'm a little confused by that. While its true he did draw a cat tail on a dog, explaining that he "just happened to like certain features of theirs," we never got any detail on Peanut's preferences on cats before that incident . Peanut's initial crush developed when he found out that Grape was a girl, not because he knew she's was a cat. It could be that he's always liked her for her personality, just in a 'friend-way' and not to a higher degree because he didn't know she was a girl at first.

3.) Peanut's actions may also be tied into social demands, in that he's forcing himself to let Grape go do to species differences. That doesn't mean he's necessarily given up on her all together, (seeing as the result of Max and Grape's have yet to be recorded) but that he's seeing its best not to get in the way right now.

4.) This counts least of all, but lets not forget all those teaser moment between Grape and Peanut either. Moments such as those displayed in the 'Vet' arc, 'Yarn Ball' arc, 'Thematic Arc of Questionable Quality' arc, 'Road trip Woo' arc, 'Down at the Farm' arc, and especially the 'Cat tail' arc. As many have said, the build up as been tremendous... just to see it fade away now? I know people argue that their siblings... and I'm not going to get into that right now because I'd take too long (lets just say I also disagree with that), but aside from that a relationship isn't impossible (i.e. Fido and Sabrina), but for that to happen right away might be a little too predictable, and there's a lot more to be told of this grand story.

Looking back on whats been told so far in this story could certainly help narrow some expectations, though really what it boils down to is that there's no way of predicting everything... but I'm still rooting for Peanut :mrgreen:

Lets face it, I'm mainly trying to reassure myself here :? ...
Last edited by Two_Twig on Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
----
My Devious account...
Alex

Post by Alex »

You know, Two_Twig, #1 is true. I mean, she is going out with Max just because she needs to hang around with cats more, she even said it. But I guess she'll find out what she really wants during this date......
Richarson Valley