Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
IceKitsune

Re: Old Comic Discussion: "Imaginate" to "Imaginate, too!"

Post by IceKitsune »

fenning wrote:
Zander wrote:Image

what?
I don't have the slightest clue. Anyone care to explain?
I think the point is its not funny just like the last panel says. At least its the best I've got anyway.
The Game

Post by The Game »

fenning wrote:

what?
he was trying to speak before his no-it-all student
p33wii

Post by p33wii »

The Game wrote:
fenning wrote:

what?
he was trying to speak before his no-it-all student
Yes, I think that was the point.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

The joke is that Spot (Superdog) is complaining about his joke graph before the student can, thereby proving the graph correct.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

Wow, last post is 9 years ago..... well lets change that~ I have not read housepets! for a long time, so to celebrate the 9 year anniversary. I am looking over 11+ years of content not including guest comics.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I do hope that you are able to come up with new insights from reading the previous strips that nobody thought of before!
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

Well, it's gonna be an insight from someone that has not read the comic in some time. But there will be rules, first off, to keep from making single posts with one commit per comic. I will be reading 1 arc per post.... that means i will give my thoughts on the whole arc, one comic at a time, in one post, i may put the name of certain comics in just to give a clue what i'm talking about. After imaginate 2 i will have to post my thoughts on anything past Arc 31 in their respective topic. Does that sound ok to everyone? Also, just because i am reading from the past comics, it does not mean i am open to spoilers. If you want to talk to me about a comic, give me time to catch up.

This shall be the starting post, Added the first comic for reference:

When boredom strikes:
Ah the classic duo in their first adventure, to those that been here since the beginning, this would make one feel old
Me? Well i started reading during 2014, But i remember this being...charming and relate-able. Also peanut you deserved that for the awful pun, tempting as it was to make it.

Mission cleanliness: You joke about the ways people in the dark ages cured plagues.... but i really think that was a real life home remedy at one point, And que the wet dog and cat.

The first comic with ninjas: The title says it all..... How can you go wrong with- oh they impaled themselves on their swords.... WELL THAT WAS ANTI-CLIMATIC! What would lunch be for pets like them?

Negotiations Break Down:Well someone has to represent the zombie pop! They are always pushed down by the stereotypes that people place on them. But, Being original is hard nowadays, i would like to think that back in 2008 this was something never done before. Also mashed potato men...... well, that is one way to have a interstellar meal!

It Gets Worse: I love this comic strip, it just encapsulate your childhood, your imagination running free. And that explosion! Best effects i seen! Way better then Micheal Bay's explosions.

It Always Comes to an End: And we come to the end of the first arc. Here i thought that we was gonna have a serious reflection, until the mom yelled and realized, Yeah, this is gonna be a good comic. And i can so relate to the 2 freaking out at Ms sandwich being mad

So yeah, here is my format for the little project i have going. If you guys want to see more, let me know! If there is a problem with the way this is being performed, do tell me and we can work it out!
Last edited by D-Rock on Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Please use the Edit button on the top right corner of your post if you wish to immediately add more.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So begins the running gag of Grape never being able to finish a nap because Peanut always shouts in her ear about something.
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

Sorry about that, I fell asleep, but today is the weekend, and that means i am free to read as many arcs as i can. LETS SEE HOW MANY I CAN READ BEFORE MY EYES DRYS OUT!~ Just kidding, remember to rest your eyes every once in a while. Health comes first. Also, i will be posting the beginning strip for each arc up until Imaginate, It's just a bookmark for progress, after several comics you tend to lose track.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey I started reading the comic first in 2014 and it took me 2 months to catch up to the present comic at that point which was "Voices In The Dark".
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

Oooook, sorry about that! My internet decided to die on me for the rest of the day.

A Mournful Situation: Our first intro to Bino.... My first thought was: I wonder what happened to him?

You all just lost:
ANNNNNDDDDDD RICK COMES IN WITH THE BIGGEST TROLL YET! On a more serious note, My thought reading this:Bino You are the biggest jerk! Goodbye!

The game i mean:
Grape, i command you for your efforts, but this maybe a challenge for you

No Escape: Wow, the Game really is tight on the rules... poor pup. And i feel for you grape.

You can not win:
And here we see a reasonable person being surrounded by dogs with a IQ of a squeaky toy. Also Rex did give me a sense of (oh no).

I said no Escape:
OH NO NOT THE CHAINSAWS! Will grape get out of here alive? tune in.... noooooww!

Okay fine some Escape:
Rule of thumb..... never try to outsmart a cat. Unless your name is tom/jasper

Funny you should Ask:
Nothing to commit here really, Just grape storming in after one Ruff day.

Everybody wins:
Talk about karma, As the intro to the antagonist (or one of them depending on the comic) It's not bad~ I like it

Sorry it took so long, as i said, i had trouble earlier
Attachments
2008-06-16-a-mournful-situation.png
2008-06-16-a-mournful-situation.png (184 KiB) Viewed 6219 times
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Gotta love how even though Peanut is oblivious he does know that sometimes its best not to get involved in Bino's drama. LOL
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

I forgot rick did one off comics as well. So do you guys want me to commit on those as well? or skip them and do the arcs?

Cat Tail.... Arc 3, The return of the arc.

Misunderstood Artist: First thoughts on this: Why so shy peanut? Oh you drew a cat? That's nice! Why is grape disgusted by peanut drawing a cat? After reading, I can so relate to this.

Ostracize Doesn’t Mean To Turn Into An Ostrich:
Ouch, poor peanut, Grape did warn him though...... Still, thats harsh. Then again, Bino is the leader.

A Cat isn't Fine Either:
Peanut, you had the right counterpoint, you Should have said dog though. Also, Bino is a jerk.

Pushing The PG Rating IN YOUR MIND: Never has a title been more fitting then here. ANNNNDDDD JOEY MAKES A SHOCKING APPEARANCE THAT WILL MAKE YOUR SKIN CRAWL! I am with peanut on this.

Hey Dude: Yeah, It took me a bit to realize what Joey said.... and even then i had no idea what Roleplaying was.
Joey goes out at night dressed as a cat? Doggo is weird. I wanna see what grapes face looked like after learning the fact.

Anise Is Like Catnip But For Dogs: That is a interesting title, I learned something today.
Poor peanut is scared, You did kinda over react grape, not without reason, but still. Awwww, he threw the drawing away.....Someone give him hugs.

Curveball out of nowhere: We all remember the day... the day when the bomb fell, it was chaos incarnate. Friends turned enemies, wars started, fighting broke out over the little things. What was this bomb, this.... thing..... that started this all.... it was these words......Grape, was a girl.

But really, This made my jaw drop, and peanut's reaction was mine at that moment. I wanted to read the commits, Watch how each person reacted to this bombshell of news. I was not disappointed.

I Planned This Joke For An Awful Long Time:Joke? What joke? All it is is Grape calling herself a tomcat. I don't get it...
Counter joke aside, what is the word for a tomboyish female cat?

I Swear It’s Platonic: Oh grape, little did you know, you sealed Peanut's fate by revealing yourself as a girl.
Poor puppy, Someone give him plenty of doggie treats and belly rubs.

This Third arc is where Rick really begins to show the potential of this comic. The world is beginning to get fleshed out and boundaries set. I love it so far and re reading it just enforces my love for this series. And i'll admit.... i'm a peanut butter jelly shipper.... still am.
Last edited by D-Rock on Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: Please use the Edit button on the top right corner of your post if you wish to immediately add more.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

I always recommend to people reading from the start the colored versions of the first 84 strips. You can find them at It's a REFOOT! (a REFur project rebOOT).
You don't need to use the attachment feature for images that are already on the internet, like the comic strips. Simply right-click the image, select Copy Image Address, move the curser to where in your post you want the image, click the "Img" box above the text box, and do command v (or however you past text).
Pugfanatic7708 wrote:I forgot rick did one off comics as well. So do you guys want me to commit on those as well? or skip them and do the arcs?
You can go ahead and do the on-offs if you want. My rule of thumb is to only post if it contributes to the discussion. Saying "nothing here to comment" doesn't contribute anything and is a waste of peoples' time.
Pugfanatic7708 wrote:I Planned This Joke For An Awful Long Time:Joke? What joke? All it is is Grape calling herself a tomcat. I don't get it...
Counter joke aside, what is the word for a tomboyish female cat?
Tomcat is a synonym for a male cat, meaning Grape accidentally called herself an actual boy when she was trying to convince Peanut she was really a boy-ish girl.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I actually thought a tom cat had something more to do with the amount of kittens and mothers of the kittens he had.
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

Soooo, I need your advice, I want to continue to post my thoughts on the Arcs. But from the way they are being posted, I feel like i am doing something wrong.... If you guys got a idea what i'm doing wrong, Because i really can't see what it is, please give feedback.
Champion Wallace

You're not doing anything wrong other than most people choose not to take the option you are. Most new posts are about comics from the last week or two, but that's because active members were either around when old comics were new and said all they want then or they're new members that see established members only commenting on new stuff and follow that example (it's also less meaningful to make predictions based off old comics since the result has come to pass and chances are what you want to say has been said before (but not always!)). You wouldn't be the first person to post hot takes on each strip, or even the first one to do so by diving into Old Comic Discussion. Cesco will post their reaction the day after a comic drops punctuated by emoji and RainbowDragon read through the archive in about a week, commenting on about 40% of the strips with individual threads at the time (and then stoped posting a week later, but that's not important here).
Pugfanatic7708

Post by Pugfanatic7708 »

I see, huh, Then Do you think i should continue from where i truly last left of? That being Kings showdown with pete at Fox's cousin's house? Just after the arc where peanut breaks dragon's heart
Champion Wallace

Yeah, that might be for the best. Not only would you're reactions be more genuine because It would be your first time reading each strip and would wouldn't know what was coming next. It would also keep everything more organized because by then each strip had their own topic.