IceKitsune

Re: Arc 51: Show Business

Post by IceKitsune »

Well King is a dead man. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The alt text can be construed to relate to the strip title.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

Guys I think my DNS isn't updating can't see comic aaaah

Nevermind, just was not showing up on the main page for some reason.
Last edited by Private Elliot on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

looks like she's about to duke his york
ImageImage
ImageImage
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Is Duchess getting a little jealous? maybe she wants a boyfriend too.
I got the same feeling. I reeeeeeeaaaaaally wanna know what she was gonna say in that second panel now.

Alt-text was entertaining too. :3
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:The alt text can be construed to relate to the strip title.
well I wasn't gonna say it, but yeah. :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
sean21

Post by sean21 »

i believe we've tormented Rick long enough for one day let's give it a rest; and then start again tomorrow.

lol i'm kidding Rick; you know we love you... undying fan-love that is.

edited-oh; i see you've already done that, well carry on.
Last edited by sean21 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn "hey."
Sean "greetings."
Alex "hi everyone ^_^"
Justin "wazz'up dudes."
David "i hope it rains today."
Shawn "this is my loving family, sort of speak."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So apparently this is the same announcer that works at the book store.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Huh, seems Duchess wanted more than a competitive win. Perhaps King's cuteness affected even her cold heart? :lol:

Love the alt. text and title.

Third is pretty good, but I guess when Colleen and Karo win, yeah, gotta sting a bit...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I wouldn't be surprised Duchess decides not to pay King and breaks the phone. In fact, that would probably be most satisfying for her right now. :P I gotta stop thinking like this.

Edit: I should probably read the comments first... at least I'm not the only one.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Wanderer wrote:I wouldn't be surprised Duchess decides not to pay King and breaks the phone.
She already payed King. That's how he bought the cell phone.
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

KJOokami wrote:She already payed King. That's how he bought the cell phone.
Well King is about to UNbuy it.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

King, Y U no look behind when you badmouth someone?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I predict Duchess is going to order Boris to "finish the job". It will be a very soapy, pink demise for King.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Kitch wrote:I predict Duchess is going to order Boris to "finish the job". It will be a very soapy, pink demise for King.
well at least his demise will have nice aesthetics
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

PhoenixAsper wrote:King, do you have any integrity or honor, really? :( You're going along with all of this and it's probably not worth it! This may be why you've always been a loser: you don't know how to make GOOD choices. :(
You SEE?!? :( :( :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Making good or bad choices is part of life though. if anything, It's not the choice of joining the contest that's causing him problems, it's King's choice of words =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

PhoenixAsper wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:King, do you have any integrity or honor, really? :( You're going along with all of this and it's probably not worth it! This may be why you've always been a loser: you don't know how to make GOOD choices. :(
You SEE?!? :( :( :(
Settle down.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Well, okay, I might have overreacted a little. But it does happen over and over again. So far, we've seen or heard about King/Joel making choices that have resulted in him landing in jail, locked in a pet carrier, pinned to floor by dogs while almost having part of his soul destroyed, and now incurring the wrath of a rich show dog.

It's the same old song. He's always putting his foot in his mouth. He DOESN'T make good choices, and that does not change overnight. Doesn't bode well for him confessing to Fox, either: he might think it's another bad choice.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Well, okay, I might have overreacted a little. But it does happen over and over again. So far, we've seen or heard about King/Joel making choices that have resulted in him landing in jail, locked in a pet carrier, pinned to floor by dogs while almost having part of his soul destroyed, and now incurring the wrath of a rich show dog.

It's the same old song. He's always putting his foot in his mouth. He DOESN'T make good choices, and that does not change overnight. Doesn't bode well for him confessing to Fox, either: he might think it's another bad choice.
well the story would be pretty boring if everyone made good choices all the time. :P
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

Seth wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:Well, okay, I might have overreacted a little. But it does happen over and over again. So far, we've seen or heard about King/Joel making choices that have resulted in him landing in jail, locked in a pet carrier, pinned to floor by dogs while almost having part of his soul destroyed, and now incurring the wrath of a rich show dog.

well the story would be pretty boring if everyone made good choices all the time. :P
Yes but it seems that King seems to be holding an idiot ball most of the time.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

justacritic wrote:
Seth wrote:

Yes but it seems that King seems to be holding an idiot ball most of the time.
I'm still not seeing why everyone thinks this is such a bad idea
He got payed without doing any real work, got the cellphone he's been after, and even got the ok from his girlfriend first.
any consequences are the result of duchess being crazy, which fall under the category of unforseen circumstances.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Aye, King was paid handsomely for his hard work. = P

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

What Seth said. I really don't get why people are freaking out over this. All King said is that he and Duchess didn't have chemistry, and that's a fact; they don't. She's just some show dog who offered him a wad of cash to do what she told him to do for the length of a competition.

If Duchess does end up doing something to King (or have Boris do something to him) in the upcoming strips, I highly doubt we'll really be able to say, "Oh, King totally had that coming."

Also, what the heck does Pete locking him up and Bino being... Bino have anything to do with King making bad choices? :|
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

KJOokami wrote:What Seth said. I really don't get why people are freaking out over this. All King said is that he and Duchess didn't have chemistry, and that's a fact; they don't. She's just some show dog who offered him a wad of cash to do what she told him to do for the length of a competition.

If Duchess does end up doing something to King (or have Boris do something to him) in the upcoming strips, I highly doubt we'll really be able to say, "Oh, King totally had that coming."

Also, what the heck does Pete locking him up and Bino being... Bino have anything to do with King making bad choices? :|
Man, I freak out whenEVER King is in trouble. :oops: He seems to get into trouble a lot. Hey, he mouthed off to Pete, that's what got him the cage. And he didn't really play getting that watch back smart either.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Man, I freak out whenEVER King is in trouble. :oops: He seems to get into trouble a lot. Hey, he mouthed off to Pete, that's what got him the cage. And he didn't really play getting that watch back smart either.
Well, at that point, he was still under the impression that Pete was trying to teach him some kind of "life lesson", rather than just using him for his own purposes.

As for the watch, I would chalk that up to the fact his soul was on the line. I imagine it's a little hard to think straight when you know that your soul (or a piece of it) is literally in someone else's hands. Especially when you and that someone don't at all get along.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

i hope King got the theft an loss ins on his cell phone, cause i see it getting smashed!
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Keeshah wrote:i hope King got the theft an loss ins on his cell phone, cause i see it getting smashed!
Yeah I suspect she will end up breaking it.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Maybe he just has a warranty?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Manufacturer warranties don't cover physical damage, loss, or theft.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

KJOokami wrote:Well, at that point, he was still under the impression that Pete was trying to teach him some kind of "life lesson", rather than just using him for his own purposes.

As for the watch, I would chalk that up to the fact his soul was on the line. I imagine it's a little hard to think straight when you know that your soul (or a piece of it) is literally in someone else's hands. Especially when you and that someone don't at all get along.
True, though Rick did say that Pete's actions did in fact have a higher purpose.

As to the second: EXACTLY. And I still stand by what I said back then.

I just don't like that King's life, livelihood, friendships and happiness all seem to constantly be under the proverbial sword on a thread. :? Or how long they've been that way, for that matter.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

PhoenixAsper wrote:I just don't like that King's life, livelihood, friendships and happiness all seem to constantly be under the proverbial sword on a thread. :? Or how long they've been that way, for that matter.
You read way too much into things. Here's a hint, they aren't, not any more then any of the other Housepets cast. King doesn't get into any more trouble then anyone else on the cast and even here, he's got a preening show dog upset at him. She's not going to kill him and I doubt she's gonna smash his phone. Even if she did, Bailey would still be King's girlfriend.

Settle..Down.
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

One easy way to get people mad is to belittle things they find important. Next time King should try speak his mind somewhere else, where the sore loser isn't hearing you. Oh well, there goes the cellphone.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Eh, I keep forgetting things people have told me about this. :oops:
mr.fluffy

Post by mr.fluffy »

Rook wrote:"Purebred papers?"

King's in a real pickle now. I wonder if Bailey's going to show up unannounced?

I think that would be wicked bailey king forever ^^...... she will make him stay a pooch women have that effect on men :P
PhoenixAsper wrote:Oh Duchess, what HAPPENED to you to make you this way? :( Even KING is happier and more pleasant than you are, and likely would have been BEFORE he was King! :shock:

And King, if you really believed in honor, you'd have the honor to tell Fox who you are someday, rather than cling to a lie and an incomplete friendship. :|

Anyway, I like it. :) Shows the personality differences well.

i think king will end up telling him as he starts to trust them more....... we seen the start when he stayed the night with Sasha on the street.
Dissension wrote:You've never seen Fido (who's not super-muscular but always draws comments), Rex, Kevin, Boris, Yeltsin, or the various adult wolves in the comic?
peanut is also among that list of dogs :)

Mod Edit: Please do not triple-post. If you need to add new information to a thread and nobody has replied since you, you may use the edit button in the upper-right corner of your post.
Money talks...... but so do you :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Peanut isn't really muscular at all!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

And actually, the other Daryl's a little overweight.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Duchess: more pragmatic than she is spiteful.

I like her. As a character, anyway. Not as a person, of course!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

All I have to say is: Love Whip? what in the world?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Um.... Love Whip? What is this about next year? :?

Yeesh, she can be scary. But it seems she cares about King, so this might just get interesting...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?