For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
yoyodude

Re: Arc 50: Housepets Babies!

Post by yoyodude »

Cuddles, anise, and rock n' roll.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is just a hunch, but something tells me Fox's bitterness towards cats is going to be tied towards Maxwell specifically somehow at the end of this arc.

And a black trenchcoat is the only way to avoid all the bullets ~ I mean watergun shots coming your way.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know if Fox is kidnapped during this flashback its possible that Grape had some hand in saving him. Which softened his stance on Cats and warmed the dogs up to Grape. Though if it doesn't happen here Grape could just beat him up or tell him off in such a way that softens them up to her.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Fox and Bino have always been "best friends". When he was younger, Fox was probably more impressionable.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Cool to see Fox actually use the bandana. Wonder why he didn't wear them for a while (referring to his debut)
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

Fox and Bino have always been "best friends". When he was younger, Fox was probably more impressionable.
Well considering the fact that Fido and Joey are both very pro-cat, and that in this strip Fox is bossing Bino around, perhaps Bino is the impressionable one? Maybe without Fox's influence as puppies, he would have grown up more like his brothers?

As for Fox, I like this version of him, at least with the knowledge that he changes later. I don't think the 'change in heart' particularly needs to be any major event (though considering Rick's reply a few posts ago I have the feeling that it will be) but it could simply be him growing out of his 'extremism'. He's like a dog version of a young, racist skinhead, but in a few (dog)years and with a bit more life experience (and possibly also him discovering his love of reading and mellowing out due to that) he relaxes his views a lot more and eventually stops trying to take charge of the other dogs.

... or maybe I'm reading too deeply into it and it will be a case of him being saved by Grape. We'll see later on >_>
Karl

Post by Karl »

Guess this explain after who Bino got his attitude of hard tempered guy. Especially after seeing their size difference, which at this case it makes Fox older from Bino.
Kitch wrote:Fox and Bino have always been "best friends". When he was younger, Fox was probably more impressionable.
Perhaps for puppy Bino, Fox was someone cool to him. And that's why he was around him.
I'm a bookworm!
Rook

Post by Rook »

It's so strange to see a Fido that's physicality is that of the ordinary cast we see in the present...

But, its still so darn cool!
Always love to live, and live to love others.

I ask a lot of questions... I know.

Rook STR- 9 PER- 3 END- 9 CHA- 7 INT- 3 AGI- 7 LUC- 4
Sergei STR- 7 PER- 4 END- 7 CHA- 4 INT- 8 AGI- 7 LUC- 5
EvanAierkan

Post by EvanAierkan »

Clearly Fox has watched too many cheesy action movies. Well, at least he matured out of it later on, even though he still has his prejudices against cats.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Fox had a black collar

he used to be evil
ImageImage
ImageImage
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

sliceofdog wrote:
Well considering the fact that Fido and Joey are both very pro-cat, and that in this strip Fox is bossing Bino around, perhaps Bino is the impressionable one? Maybe without Fox's influence as puppies, he would have grown up more like his brothers?

As for Fox, I like this version of him, at least with the knowledge that he changes later. I don't think the 'change in heart' particularly needs to be any major event (though considering Rick's reply a few posts ago I have the feeling that it will be) but it could simply be him growing out of his 'extremism'. He's like a dog version of a young, racist skinhead, but in a few (dog)years and with a bit more life experience (and possibly also him discovering his love of reading and mellowing out due to that) he relaxes his views a lot more and eventually stops trying to take charge of the other dogs.

... or maybe I'm reading too deeply into it and it will be a case of him being saved by Grape. We'll see later on >_>
That would be very hard to accept considering the apparent role reversal of Bino and Fox that that would mean.

And "a young, racist skinhead"? Lighten up, dude--have you never heard of a "no girls allowed" sign? :P
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

In Babylon Garden, cats get the girl treatment.

Licking your own fur? Totally a cootie moment.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
sliceofdog

Post by sliceofdog »

And "a young, racist skinhead"? Lighten up, dude--have you never heard of a "no girls allowed" sign?
Haha, well I was thinking more of the black collar and bandanna-over-mouth thing. But sure, that is also a possibility :p
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

Oh please let there be a black cowboy hat to go with the trench coat and bandanna so that the cowboy jokes can start up.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Rook

Post by Rook »

Its incredible to see how bossy Fox was way back when. I wonder what happened in the course of their growing up that caused the "boss" roles to switch between Fox and Bino.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Probably Fido became a successful police dog and Bino didn't, leading to an inferiority complex that caused Bino to assert authority whenever he could.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Rook

Post by Rook »

I guess that makes sense. But, why didn't Fox fill that leadership gap instead of Bino?

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Rook wrote:I guess that makes sense. But, why didn't Fox fill that leadership gap instead of Bino?
why does anyone take or decline a leadership role?
It just might not be his thing, or maybe Bino was just more forceful
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Rook

Post by Rook »

Fox seems like the more forceful one at this point in the "flash back" comic. That's why I'm curious to know why the younger Fox, who seems bossier than his older self, didn't become the leader of the group of dogs in the "Good Ol' Dogs Club."

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

'Cause Fido didn't trust him with it (or the other dogs elected Bino, since he was related to Fido)?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Rook

Post by Rook »

You know, the relationship between Fido and Fox hasn't really been that thoroughly explored has it?

JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Fox probably didnt become the leader of the club because Bino is one of the co-founders.

From this strip alone i can kind of see where Bino's self serving nature stems from. It reminds me a bit of Sasuke and Naruto. Bino perhaps has a always had a friendly side, which is evident from certain past panels like when he gives Sasha a bunch of old presents which he didnt want to give and yet as she's going nuts over them he blushes, but because Fido is probably a few months older and more impressive for some yet to be explained reason people gravitate to him, leaving Bino seeking conversation rather than recieving it, leading to him to always question why. So he acts out, pretends to be the jerk so people will at least notice him.
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Rook

Post by Rook »

O.O Wow. That actually makes a lot of sense. From being socially neglected, Bino developed a less mature persona to gain attention. However, I don't see how the other dogs that follow him around find this an attractive quality. Do they also share the feeling of social neglect with Bino? I don't think that this is personally the reason why they follow him around, so maybe someone could shed just a tad bit more light on this subject.

You did make a really good point though Willow :D

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

JohnWillow wrote:Fox probably didnt become the leader of the club because Bino is one of the co-founders.

From this strip alone i can kind of see where Bino's self serving nature stems from. It reminds me a bit of Sasuke and Naruto. Bino perhaps has a always had a friendly side, which is evident from certain past panels like when he gives Sasha a bunch of old presents which he didnt want to give and yet as she's going nuts over them he blushes, but because Fido is probably a few months older and more impressive for some yet to be explained reason people gravitate to him, leaving Bino seeking conversation rather than recieving it, leading to him to always question why. So he acts out, pretends to be the jerk so people will at least notice him.
one thing, Fido being more impressive has nothing to do with age, because all three brothers (Fido, Bino, and Joey) are from the same litter, and therefore, the same age, give or take a few minutes.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Rook wrote:O.O Wow. That actually makes a lot of sense. From being socially neglected, Bino developed a less mature persona to gain attention. However, I don't see how the other dogs that follow him around find this an attractive quality. Do they also share the feeling of social neglect with Bino? I don't think that this is personally the reason why they follow him around, so maybe someone could shed just a tad bit more light on this subject.

You did make a really good point though Willow :D
Thank you, that's quite kind. Most of them probably don't find this attractive, perhaps they just respect Fido too much to oust him. Like fox once said "Have you ever wondered why doing you harm is not grounds for expulsion". And now that i think of it rigging a bag of catnip with explosives must make him quite intelligent to some degree, he's a bit like Malcolm in the Middle, everyone recognizes that he's smart, some know that he's kind at heart, and they all can't stand how judgemental he is.

As for the ones who hang around him Fox must just know there's more to him than his selfish exterior. Rex is probably too dumb to know the difference and i think Sasha likes being the girlfriend of the one in charge
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: one thing, Fido being more impressive has nothing to do with age, because all three brothers (Fido, Bino, and Joey) are from the same litter, and therefore, the same age, give or take a few minutes.
Heh, i forgot that they were from the same litter. I also forgot what Bino ranted on about in Fido's return, not quite forgot, more like assumed that Fido hand't quite done all that stuff, but i see now how he's an impressive dog. Even before he was impressive perhaps like i wrote Bino might have had to seek conversation. I've had that problem myself. It's quite a confusing thing when you're not that bad a guy and pretty social but when you're packing your things away after class you don't get asked what you're doing next. Not that i dont have friends or it bothers me this is just something that happens.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
JohnWillow wrote:Fox probably didnt become the leader of the club because Bino is one of the co-founders.

one thing, Fido being more impressive has nothing to do with age, because all three brothers (Fido, Bino, and Joey) are from the same litter, and therefore, the same age, give or take a few minutes.
Was it ever actually confirmed that they are from the same exact litter? I mean because they could just have the same parents and they were all bought from the same breeder. They could live together in Babylon Gardens since the breeder was close by, or even lived in BG. I mean Joey's cast page says that he is "the runt of his litter" and it could mean that its the same litter as Bino and Fido but it can also mean he was part of another litter since you would be more likely to say "the runt of the litter" if they were all in the same one, not "his litter" which could easily imply he is from a second (or even third) one.

Edit: I'm not saying they aren't, just that I don't think we actually know for sure that they were.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I brought up the same point at another time, and Diss confirmed their from the same litter, I assume from knowledge gained directly from Rick.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I brought up the same point at another time, and Diss confirmed their from the same litter, I assume from knowledge gained directly from Rick.
Well if he got it from Rick ok then.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well they are the same person.
Rook wrote:I guess that makes sense. But, why didn't Fox fill that leadership gap instead of Bino?
Because Bino is related to Fido.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I thought it was pretty well understood why Fido is "more impressive" and people gravitate to him. O__o
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

All i meant was this arc may be set before he does anything impressive and so there could be a few primitial circumstances that turned Bino into what he is today. I'm not so sure Fox was bullying Bino, i think he was just telling him off for raising his voice more while officer Ralph is talking.

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

so he's not that big a jerk. I'm glad.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Action-packed Fox XD
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

:lol: I love the look Fox gives Bino in the last panel. I'm glad hes not willing to beat up a kitten. However Binos willingness to have him do it kind of disturbs me a bit.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Heh, love how Grape appears completely unfazed
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

A dog who's bigger than you is twirling a stick and looks like he's about to attack. And Grape just watches and licks a lollipop. She is awesome and must really like that lollipop.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I brought up the same point at another time, and Diss confirmed their from the same litter, I assume from knowledge gained directly from Rick.
I was fairly sure I only ever said they were brothers for sure
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

DISS YOU HAVE MISLEAD ME!!!
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

I can't wait to find out how the system of siblings works then. And now I wonder how many other times Diss has mislead us. :lol:
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

rickgriffin wrote:
I was fairly sure I only ever said they were brothers for sure
Interesting, then until further info is given I'm going to go back to my original assumption of them just being from the same breeder and having the same parents.