Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by GameCobra »

Would've been better if it was someone hired by the Ferrets in my opinion. But i ain't complaining. I just wonder why they are doing this secretly?

So if Keene is Max's contact, Keene better watchout for Max :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by rickgriffin »

GameCobra wrote:Would've been better if it was someone hired by the Ferrets in my opinion. But i ain't complaining. I just wonder why they are doing this secretly?
They wouldn't play as intensely if they knew it was fake! You can guess some of the cats would have probably gone back inside after an hour or two
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:They wouldn't play as intensely if they knew it was fake! You can guess some of the cats would have probably gone back inside after an hour or two
Ok, you got me there. >.> personal honor and glory though would've been a nice incentive for a watergun war in my opinion, but that too probably would've gotten them bored too soon as well depending on how into waterwars the pets are.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by CaptainPea »

Maybe it's just me, but I think this arc's sound effects are really stealing the show, I mean look:

BLOOSH
SQQQK
BGLOOP
AWESOME NOD
PEW PEW PEW
SQUEAKY

And that's maybe half of them.
There's no QLUNQ or anything, but still, this arc has delivered more cool sound effects than any before. This needs to continue.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

So my question is since Keene is Max's Contact (Rick said he sold him the huge balloon so I assume Max got the guns from Keene as well) how much did Max know about the plan and about Peanut? And seriously I still don't get why Grape wouldn't get his help on this even if he was buying stuff from Keene, since she didn't know. Unless she lied but even then why in the world wouldn't Max help her, or why would she think that he wouldn't if she didn't even ask?

And for that matter I still have no clue at all why she tried to blame Joey for being the Double Agent its not like anyone suspected she was (even in the real world out side of like a small handful of people) one let alone Maxwell. If Joey had figured it out and she wanted to discredit him (like I said much earlier) that seemingly hasn't come up and unless this arc is going on another week I don't see how it even will.

Maybe it will all be wrapped up and these questions answered in the next comic or four (if it goes another week) but these things still really confuse me.

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Sleet »

CaptainPea wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I think this arc's sound effects are really stealing the show, I mean look:

BLOOSH
SQQQK
BGLOOP
AWESOME NOD
PEW PEW PEW
SQUEAKY

And that's maybe half of them.
There's no QLUNQ or anything, but still, this arc has delivered more cool sound effects than any before. This needs to continue.
Scientific progress goes "SQQQK."
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by CaptainPea »

IceKitsune wrote:So my question is since Keene is Max's Contact (Rick said he sold him the huge balloon so I assume Max got the guns from Keene as well) how much did Max know about the plan and about Peanut?
My guess is that the ferrets told both sides that they would discreetly provide them with weapons without the other side's knowledge. That would account for why neither side has noticed that they're receiving arms from the same source.
IceKitsune wrote: And seriously I still don't get why Grape wouldn't get his help on this even if he was buying stuff from Keene, since she didn't know. Unless she lied but even then why in the world wouldn't Max help her, or why would she think that he wouldn't if she didn't even ask?
Max seems to be leading the war on the feline front, so I think she might be wary to approach him and admit to being a double agent. Plus, Grape's dead now, so maybe her absence would hurt the cats less than their leader's.
IceKitsune wrote:And for that matter I still have no clue at all why she tried to blame Joey for being the Double Agent its not like anyone suspected she was (even in the real world out side of like a small handful of people) one let alone Maxwell. If Joey had figured it out and she wanted to discredit him (like I said much earlier) that seemingly hasn't come up and unless this arc is going on another week I don't see how it even will.
I guess she wanted to cover all her bases? Maybe she thought that everybody else would come to the conclusion pretty quickly, so if she didn't point it out it would look suspicious?
Image
Image Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:So my question is since Keene is Max's Contact (Rick said he sold him the huge balloon so I assume Max got the guns from Keene as well) how much did Max know about the plan and about Peanut?
My guess is that the ferrets told both sides that they would discreetly provide them with weapons without the other side's knowledge. That would account for why neither side has noticed that they're receiving arms from the same source.
Ok this makes complete sense.
CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote: And seriously I still don't get why Grape wouldn't get his help on this even if he was buying stuff from Keene, since she didn't know. Unless she lied but even then why in the world wouldn't Max help her, or why would she think that he wouldn't if she didn't even ask?
Max seems to be leading the war on the feline front, so I think she might be wary to approach him and admit to being a double agent. Plus, Grape's dead now, so maybe her absence would hurt the cats less than their leader's.
But their dating don't you think he would understand that she had to go save her best friend? Ok I can understand why he didn't go because hes the leader but not explaining it too him at all (which is the only reason,as I said, for her to try to blame Joey for being the double agent which I'll get into below) either indicates that she knows or suspects that he is in on the plot behind the war (which from either our perspective and Grapes makes him a huge,huge jerk much bigger then I ever thought. Or if she just thought he was it makes Grape really distrustful even to her own boyfriend with no evidence which is strange. Since she said she had no idea where the weapons came from.)
CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:And for that matter I still have no clue at all why she tried to blame Joey for being the Double Agent its not like anyone suspected she was (even in the real world out side of like a small handful of people) one let alone Maxwell. If Joey had figured it out and she wanted to discredit him (like I said much earlier) that seemingly hasn't come up and unless this arc is going on another week I don't see how it even will.
I guess she wanted to cover all her bases? Maybe she thought that everybody else would come to the conclusion pretty quickly, so if she didn't point it out it would look suspicious?
Except there was absolutely no indication what so ever that anyone suspected Grape (or anyone thought there was a spy in the first place for that matter, if you recall even Max didn't even seem to care that there might be a spy.) of being a spy for the dogs. So it still makes absolutely no sense what so ever for her to blame anyone, let alone Joey who even Max said made basically no sense to be a spy. I'm sorry I think Rick is going to have to explain that one to me because to me its still really, really stupid.

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by CaptainPea »

IceKitsune wrote: But their dating don't you think he would understand that she had to go save her best friend? Ok I can understand why he didn't go because hes the leader but not explaining it too him at all (which is the only reason,as I said, for her to try to blame Joey for being the double agent which I'll get into below) either indicates that she knows or suspects that he is in on the plot behind the war (which from either our perspective and Grapes makes him a huge,huge jerk much bigger then I ever thought. Or if she just thought he was it makes Grape really distrustful even to her own boyfriend with no evidence which is strange. Since she said she had no idea where the weapons came from.)
Grape and Max are both rather competitive. I imagine they're both willing to suspend mutual disclosure of information for the purposes of strategy in a game war.
IceKitsune wrote:
CaptainPea wrote:I guess she wanted to cover all her bases? Maybe she thought that everybody else would come to the conclusion pretty quickly, so if she didn't point it out it would look suspicious?
Except there was absolutely no indication what so ever that anyone suspected Grape (or anyone thought there was a spy in the first place for that matter, if you recall even Max didn't even seem to care that there might be a spy.) of being a spy for the dogs. So it still makes absolutely no sense what so ever for her to blame anyone, let alone Joey who even Max said made basically no sense to be a spy. I'm sorry I think Rick is going to have to explain that one to me because to me its still really, really stupid.
I think it was mostly because the plant joke was funny.
But both of these explanations work while nobody suspects Grape, because they're precautionary. She's diverting attention from herself and toward Joey, and if they think she's looking out for their security like that, she's more trustworthy later on and they're less likely to suspect her. I think the flaw in her plan was that she was trying to provide a logical suspect, when this war has clearly abandoned logic since its inception.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote: Grape and Max are both rather competitive. I imagine they're both willing to suspend mutual disclosure of information for the purposes of strategy in a game war.
The thing is Grape is taking the kidnapping of Peanut seriously therefore she looks rather stupid not telling Max because it will just cause problems if he finds out about it later. And again she let Zach in on it really, really easily making it make even less sense for her not to tell Max IMO.

Edit: Actually if she had told Max she could have gotten Max to maybe rally the Cat forces to go and get Peanut back because its not like Grape even cares about the war really she just cares about getting Peanut back. Which makes not telling him make even less sense then before.
CaptainPea wrote: I think it was mostly because the plant joke was funny.
But both of these explanations work while nobody suspects Grape, because they're precautionary. She's diverting attention from herself and toward Joey, and if they think she's looking out for their security like that, she's more trustworthy later on and they're less likely to suspect her. I think the flaw in her plan was that she was trying to provide a logical suspect, when this war has clearly abandoned logic since its inception.
Well I'm sorry I think it just caused more questions then the joke was worth. And her precautionary measure would just make people look for a spy in the first place when they didn't think there was one. Making it more likely they would find her because what if the capture a dog and interrogated him? Before she said anything they most likely wouldn't of asked for about a spy and now they might. It would put her in much more danger then if she hadn't said anything. And again why Joey? (who again even Max said made no sense) Why not Tiger? Basically your explanation comes down to Grape is an idiot.

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by CaptainPea »

IceKitsune wrote:And again why Joey?
Because he looks like a double agent, even without knowledge that there might be one. The dog traipsing about in the cat costume and wearing a tag reading "CAT" looks like he's hiding something.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:And again why Joey?
Because he looks like a double agent, even without knowledge that there might be one. The dog traipsing about in the cat costume and wearing a tag reading "CAT" looks like he's hiding something.
Except Max knew he was a dog in a cat suit when he let him in and Grape had to know this therefore she should have known that Max didn't consider him a spy in the first place (plus there is the fact that he didn't have Intelligence or Counter-Intelligence set up and clearly didn't even care if there was a spy and Grape knew this. This also goes to my point that it doesn't make sense she never told him about going to save Peanut which I think is a much bigger problem.). I know the same thing can kind of be used for Tiger however Max would have had a much weaker excuse to defend him with as wanting to get revenge on Bino is easily fakeable and Tiger is already made fun of by most dogs therefore making his turn less likely due to that just making it worse and Tiger actually cares what the other dogs think unlike Joey. Edit: I think we are kind of going in circles at this point with this part of what I'm saying so I'm done arguing it.

Edit 2: This is actually the last thing I will say about this point: Can we at least agree that logically it makes no sense that she blamed Joey over Tiger for being the Plant? (besides the fact that the joke would make no sense.) and If no I guess on this point we'll have to agree to disagree.

User avatar
ManaWolf
Posts: 397
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:09 pm
Location: The Bay State

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by ManaWolf »

This was my reaction on waiting for the new comic. :D
Attachments
peanutfsjal.png
peanutfsjal.png (14.21 KiB) Viewed 14926 times

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by copper »

ManaWolf wrote:This was my reaction on waiting for the new comic. :D

Huh. That's my reaction whenever I get when I see Fox or Peanut.


Are Grape and Zach the only purple pets? If they are, then they must now solve crime and be called the Purple Patrol!! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

[Nelson Voice]*Points at Keene* Ha-Haw [/Nelson Voice] That's just Awesome! So now to get Peanut and answer some lingering questions.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PhoenixAsper
Posts: 579
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:38 am

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Oh dear. :roll: I can foresee a LOT of panicking cats running!

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by GameCobra »

It would be amusing that Tarot or some celestial being did that just to spite him.

Also: I somehow got this humorous vibe in the future that there will be a Zach Vs. the ferrets/Keene arc in the future. hopefully with sword fighting.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
Barkeron
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Barkeron »

Last panel, that's what I called ironic. lol.

User avatar
Teh Brawler
Posts: 5133
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Teh Brawler »

It's obvious that the cord that Keene pulled was to a large shower head held up by helicopters, turning it on and covering the neighborhood with water. He's just disappointed that the war had to end.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Sleet »

Taking from the Brian Clevinger school of webcomicking, huh? *giggles*
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Aquablast
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Somewhere in this universe

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Aquablast »

The sure-fire way to foil your own plan: Saying that nothing can stop you! :lol:

User avatar
Kyderra
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Kyderra »

now everyone is a winner!
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Macsen »

"You can't stop them all! Nothing can call off this war, not even if you had all the water in the neighborhood!"

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by copper »

Grape framed in the doorway slowly walking away looked pretty epic. She needs to find her Peanut! :D


And the ferret does not get his way. That's a first! No wonder he is disappointed.

Yeah, The easiest way to have your plans backfire... He should have known.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by GameCobra »

This arc just can't end without Keene setting off a self-destruct device that chases Peanut,Grape and Zach out of the building with a flood of water.

And Rick making a awesome splash page of the three diving out of the door as the said building explodes from the water.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
Liam
Posts: 1792
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: BMW-topia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Liam »

The dogs ignited an oil tanker-sized water bomb in the troposphere and won.

That's what happened here, isn't it?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Sleet »

Textless wallpaper. Please.

Ya gotta love how their money can be used as an excuse to justify ridiculous concepts like this. :lol:
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Sinder
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Sinder »

what
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by GameCobra »

Hey! I called it! :D

AWesome <3

*drools at the scene*
Last edited by GameCobra on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by copper »

Holy... that has to be made into a wallpaper. That is an excellent last panel! The best ever!

That is the calmest Zach has ever been, I swear..... it surprises me.

I love how Peanut's answer to potential annihilation is putting on cool sunglasses and slowly walking away. :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally
Posts: 21010
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

because cool guys don't look at explooshions.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

User avatar
Teh Brawler
Posts: 5133
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 pm
Location: Someplace with Internet access
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Teh Brawler »

Exwatercenteredonomatopeoiasion
DOH HO HO WELL THEN

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok that last panel was just completely awesome and I want a Wallpaper of it. Edit: only two more comics left I wonder what will happen next? Most likely they will tell everyone what happened and the dogs and cats (or just the dogs maybe) will go get revenge on the Ferrets. And maybe I'll get answers to my questions finally.

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by rickgriffin »

Someone make it, then!

Text
No Text
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

I think the links are broken or something Rick

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by rickgriffin »

Hmm, I might be in the wrong location, hold on

EDIT: YEah I dunno, will check tomorrow
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Foxstar »

God the ferrets are annoying and unlikeable IMHO. They clearly need a parent to reign the little hedonistic terrors in.

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5020
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

I understand how you feel Foxstar,though I disagree, now if they actually existed IRL I would hate them but they come across as so comical and over the top I just can't help but like them.

User avatar
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by Foxstar »

They are too over the top for my liking. So far they have really only done three worthwhile things, Hiring Miles and his pack, giving King a home and giving all the pets a day at a amusement park, but other then that, the negatives they display far outweigh the positives. I would like a arc that makes them more likeable or gives a parent who can control them instead of everyone around them being helpless to their desires because of billions of dollars.

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by angelusbr »

Is grape disapointed or something?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

Post Reply