Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
IceKitsune

Re: Arc 43: The Great Water Balloon War

Post by IceKitsune »

Kitela wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:lol ok exactly how good is Joeys costume suppose to be? Also Max should learn to listen to his Girlfriend not doing so may result in being hit with things and then being ignored for a while. Also why doesn't Grape just pull the costume off of Joey?
Well, Even if Max and everyone else was aware of joey dressing up as a cat, they could just assume he's another dog on the cat's team, like Tiger.
But the thing of that is he is passing him self off as a Cat not as a Dog that joined the Cats which is why Grape is even saying anything. If he wasn't a double agent he wouldn't need to do that (unless he is a triple agent of course in order to keep up the ruse) He could just join as a dog like Tiger did. Actually using the suit is kind of stupid because if anyone finds out it messes him up he would have less of a chance of being caught if he just joined as a dog.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

IceKitsune wrote:
Kitela wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:lol ok exactly how good is Joeys costume suppose to be? Also Max should learn to listen to his Girlfriend not doing so may result in being hit with things and then being ignored for a while. Also why doesn't Grape just pull the costume off of Joey?
Well, Even if Max and everyone else was aware of joey dressing up as a cat, they could just assume he's another dog on the cat's team, like Tiger.
But the thing of that is he is passing him self off as a Cat not as a Dog that joined the Cats which is why Grape is even saying anything. If he wasn't a double agent he wouldn't need to do that (unless he is a triple agent of course in order to keep up the ruse) He could just join as a dog like Tiger did. Actually using the suit is kind of stupid because if anyone finds out it messes him up he would have less of a chance of being caught if he just joined as a dog.
Touche. But he still has a way out, even though it may decrease his chances of convincing the cats.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joey's special. We also know that he tends to attend many of the cat-only events (Like Pridelands) so they may indeed see him as a feline brother of sorts. Grape isn't a very trusting person by nature, though.
Indagare

Post by Indagare »

I keep expecting the double agent to end up being Marvin, Grape, Max, or one of the other cat characters. Joey is the obvious choice for a double-agent, but he might be a bit too obvious...

Plus I keep wondering if the double agent might be the one that started the war. [Brown-eyed wolf]'s rendition makes it sound like the cats struck first, but Max claims to have no idea how this all started. Could Max be lying or is [brown-eyed wolf] lying or are both of them telling what they know of the truth? And if they're both telling the truth, who really started the war and why?
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Foxstar wrote: Joey's special. We also know that he tends to attend many of the cat-only events (Like Pridelands) so they may indeed see him as a feline brother of sorts. Grape isn't a very trusting person by nature, though.
The problem is he is hiding his Identity as a dog in the first place when he has absolutely no reason too. Which is the only reason for Grape to think he's doing something wrong in the first place and does not accept him like she does Tiger. The fact that he is hiding that hes a dog when there is one on the team already makes it obvious that he is a plant to anyone who would think about it for about 5 seconds.

That is my problem with it. Its only not stupid if either 1: Grape (and now Zach) are the only ones that know he is a Dog and not a Cat or 2: He's a triple agent for the Cats (which is the option I actually believe since it kind of looks like Max knows Joey is a dog in a cat suit). Or actually 3: Joey is not the plant and that one panel that showed him was a red herring (and Zach was lied to) and it is Tiger 4: or Rockstar Hawk lied to Zach and there is no plant at all.

There is a reason 5 but I think it is discredited: Joey actually told them he was Joey the Dog (which again its implied by Grapes reaction that he didn't) at the start and he just wearing the suit for fun. Though again if that is true then Grapes reaction too him makes no sense since she seems to be completely ok with Tiger being on the team.

Edit: as for who started it (again I must say if Rockstar Hawk is telling the truth I still say it might have been Max that started it possibly for something Bino did to him.) I think if Rockstar is lying or doesn't actually know what happened I suspect it was nobody who started it and the flooding of the club was a freak accident. Which I guess would technicality mean that the Dogs started it.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Merely an excuse for him to wear his cat costume. He doesn't get to wear it in public often!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think one of the conditions that he might've been given to join the cats side was to wear the cat suit. Considering it's a war between the Cats and Dogs, having a dog on the cat side besides Tiger would make it a bit uneasy. i doubt there's alot of dogs on the cat's team to begin with for obvious reasons.

The real deal is whether Joey is on the Cat's side or the Dog's side. It's a matter of how everyone and Joey interprets whose side he's on with and without the suit in my opinion. With the suit on? He's a cat %100, but without it? He's totally a dog.

As for Grape, i think Grape is the only one that probably doesn't realize how everyone treats Joey. It could work as a rule of funny because despite how obvious that Joey is with the suit on that he's a dog, there mightbe a unseen rule here we're not seeing. And considering how Grape was after the Pete incident, it's normal for her to be the one to suspect Joey.

That's the way i think it'll work.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

You know though. The cats could've struck first as a preemptive strike.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Well, I'd guess the double agent is Tiger.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

but Rockstar Hawk explicitly stated that it wasn't Tiger. unless he was lying.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Daggy wrote:Merely an excuse for him to wear his cat costume. He doesn't get to wear it in public often!
If its just an excuse to wear the costume then why not say he was a dog in the first place why try to pass him self off as a Cat? Which is the only reason Grape would suspect him over Tiger as the plant.
GameCobra wrote: As for Grape, i think Grape is the only one that probably doesn't realize how everyone treats Joey. It could work as a rule of funny because despite how obvious that Joey is with the suit on that he's a dog, there mightbe a unseen rule here we're not seeing. And considering how Grape was after the Pete incident, it's normal for her to be the one to suspect Joey.

That's the way i think it'll work.
Except that why suspect Joey and not Tiger? She would have much less of a reason to suspect Joey then she would Tiger since she knows that Joey likes Cats and Cat things (Plus in your interpenetration Joey told them off the bat he was a dog and didn't pass him self off as I cat which is what I really think happened) he would be more likely to be on their side then Tiger. Also I really don't think Grape is so dense that she wouldn't know how the other treat Joey and why.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Paper thin or not, it's the fact that Joey has a disguise in the first place that makes him suspicious. Tiger just came as he is, which would mean he's either sincere or not trying at all. Joey, on the other hand, is passing himself off as CAT. It's not working, but it's the thought that counts.

Oh, also, Joey was studying the cats' battle plans. Tiger has a flowerpot over his eyes and can't even see, so that might limit his threat of treason.

Personally, I think the double agent is Stripe. Nobody would know she was a dog until it was too late.
Image Image
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

CaptainPea wrote:Personally, I think the double agent is Stripe. Nobody would know she was a dog until it was too late.
not to mention we saw her on the cats side here.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Buckdida wrote:Well, I'd guess the double agent is Tiger.
It's possible, since while he wants to get back at Bino, the reputation hit he'd take...

Or maybe it's someone totally unexpected, like Grape. Dun dun dun, plot twist.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

IceKitsune wrote:Except that why suspect Joey and not Tiger? She would have much less of a reason to suspect Joey then she would Tiger since she knows that Joey likes Cats and Cat things (Plus in your interpenetration Joey told them off the bat he was a dog and didn't pass him self off as I cat which is what I really think happened) he would be more likely to be on their side then Tiger. Also I really don't think Grape is so dense that she wouldn't know how the other treat Joey and why.
She might suspect Joey more because this is most likely her second time meeting him. I'm going way back to when Maxwell first introduced Grape to Joey when i say this. Although that doesn't leverate the fact that she knows Tiger as much as Joey, i'm going with the idea that she knows Tiger enough (and enjoys the idea) that he's out to get Bino personally, therefore leaving her to judge how Joey will help the cats out. Joey being Bino's brother doesn't help either, but whether she's judging Joey because of Bino has yet to be seen since we don't know if the cats know that the wolf cubs are in charge of the dog forces.

I wouldn't say Grape is dense about it, but rather subtle about the subject. She didn't seem eager to talk about it when she first met Joey, but now that Joey is clearly involved with the cats and in a position to cause some trouble, she's starting to voice her opinion about him.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Max didn't introduce Joey to Grape; she already knew him because he would come over to the Sandwich house to play.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

he's a mole

no we don't even get moles here grape are you crazy
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Sinder wrote:Max didn't introduce Joey to Grape; she already knew him because he would come over to the Sandwich house to play.
+1
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:Max didn't introduce Joey to Grape; she already knew him because he would come over to the Sandwich house to play.
I didn't mean introduce in the sense that it was their first time meeting though, i meant in the sense that Max was introducing Grape to the cats. Joey being one of them.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Or Max could be the double agent.
*flees*
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Evidently the best stuff needs to be bought with something other than catnip.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:Evidently the best stuff needs to be bought with something other than catnip.
especially if his contact isn't a cat.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Max is far to overconfident and arrogant as usual. The cats are kind of screwed in this fight.

Edit: Just a silly little side thing here but I've always wonder how Max felt about "Cat-Lovers" and it looks like hes ok with it. Though I admit its a bit of conjecture on my part and not an official answer.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Someone in the comments section has a point: Who gave that mouse a gun?! And HOW did they survive a "nuclear" water blast?

Also: I want one of THOSE! Here comes a signature!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

PhoenixAsper wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Someone in the comments section has a point: Who gave that mouse a gun?! And HOW did they survive a "nuclear" water blast?

Also: I want one of THOSE! Here comes a signature!
they're water mutants.
though really, Zach already explained that they like getting wet.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Illegally bought weapons
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I can imagine Fido saying "Say hello to my little friend" and Spo saying hello ad squirting the cats.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:I can imagine Fido saying "Say hello to my little friend" and Spo saying hello ad squirting the cats.
lol that would be so funny! I would love to see that happen
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I also support the prediction from the comments that everyone will forget about Bino and leave him hanging upside-down for a while.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

IceKitsune wrote:Edit: Just a silly little side thing here but I've always wonder how Max felt about "Cat-Lovers" and it looks like hes ok with it. Though I admit its a bit of conjecture on my part and not an official answer.
Felines like attention. Getting it from dogs would just be a bit of a mini coup.
Alex

Post by Alex »

They.. look.... too.... AWESOME! xD I didn't know Max was such a huge dealer. I mean, catnip, weapons... but seems like he's not the best :P I wonder how they'll get out of this situation. I mean, the dogs are immortal. How can they continue the war after being hit by the "Bigger one"?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Suddenly that AK-47 waterguns that my cousins use to have just got alot less puny =P

I get this feeling that Max and Grape will be Ralph's primary target after that water nuke incident. I doubt the cats could withstand such a soaking considering they are the ones that mostly don't like getting wet, but Housepets maybe different.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

I fail to see the practicality behind a water mini-gun.

I don't care, I want it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And suddenly, Nerf comes to bargain with Rick over the rights of the Water Gatling guns with Fido, Kevin and Ralph as the leading advertisers in watergun technology.

All of the cat's faces are on the face of every water balloon.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yoyodude wrote:I fail to see the practicality behind a water mini-gun.

I don't care, I want it.
It's probably more practical than a water RPG.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

I'd imagine that a water SMG would work like a water pistol, except rapid fire. Well, in concept. So I also figure that the Minigun shoots like the old Super Soakers that could reach across ten yards and hurt if you weren't wearing any clothing. Except it's also rapid fire.

...How would a water Sniper Rifle work, I wonder?
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Buckdida wrote:I'd imagine that a water SMG would work like a water pistol, except rapid fire. Well, in concept. So I also figure that the Minigun shoots like the old Super Soakers that could reach across ten yards and hurt if you weren't wearing any clothing. Except it's also rapid fire.

...How would a water Sniper Rifle work, I wonder?
Just take out the abrasive.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Wow.... Those dogs know how to pose! I guess they practiced it a lot.

I loved that panel. Spo especially. I wonder who thought to equip him? Ultimate revenge on the cats by rodent kind... :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Alex

Post by Alex »

copper wrote:Wow.... Those dogs know how to pose! I guess they practiced it a lot.
It's part of their job :D
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

I have a older model Super Soaker, the twin barreled Monster XL. It's alright gun, but needs you to really be next to a hose if your going to engage in heavy fire because hand pumping takes forever. I also remember motorized Water Uzis from my childhood with removeable clips, they worked kind of well.