Post by Sinder »

turns out that pete has tentacles
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Arc 42: Not All Dogs

Post by Sleet »

The guy can turn between a gryphon and a Chrono Trigger character, kupo. I'm sure he can have tentacles and a form that drives men mad if he'd like.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I love how short King is :lol:
And I love his freak out expression, and his cynical expression, and his I'm so tired expression, and his I'm so doomed expression...
In short: King is freakin' amazing :D
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

Esquire Fox wrote:So if I've got all these connections and references down right...
Can we make the rational assumption that fate isn't waterproof?
So now it is raining. Coincidence!? I think not.
The question is what happens if the watch stops.
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Obbl wrote:I love how short King is :lol:
And I love his freak out expression, and his cynical expression, and his I'm so tired expression, and his I'm so doomed expression...
In short: King is freakin' amazing :D

This. ^
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

"Next thing you'll be telling me i should be expecting people with guns at my doorstep soon."
"Vocal Apocalyptic usually is the usual term these days in heaven"
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Alex

Post by Alex »

Esquire Fox wrote:
Esquire Fox wrote:So if I've got all these connections and references down right...
Can we make the rational assumption that fate isn't waterproof?
So now it is raining. Coincidence!? I think not.
The question is what happens if the watch stops.
It doesn't show time anymore >_>

Anyway, King and Sabrina in the same comic is awesome :D! Also, Sabrina said "piece of soul". Not the whole soul, just a piece of it. So even if the watch stops, can we assume that King isn't doomed? Just a piece of him... but what piece?
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Maybe it's just the dog piece of him.
Well, I must say I didn't think King would be that angry about doing 'human' thing in the wolves house. I thought he was actually thankful. Lot of stuff must have happened off-panel.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

angelusbr wrote: Well, I must say I didn't think King would be that angry about doing 'human' thing in the wolves house. I thought he was actually thankful.
So he's thankful for having to practically babysit a pack of wolves, and express this thanks at two in the morning?
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I wouldn't be particularly thankful. x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

rickgriffin wrote:
angelusbr wrote: Well, I must say I didn't think King would be that angry about doing 'human' thing in the wolves house. I thought he was actually thankful.
So he's thankful for having to practically babysit a pack of wolves, and express this thanks at two in the morning?
Well, is it better then be used by a manipulative, powerful and jerkish gryphon?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

angelusbr wrote:Maybe it's just the dog piece of him.
Well, I must say I didn't think King would be that angry about doing 'human' thing in the wolves house. I thought he was actually thankful. Lot of stuff must have happened off-panel.
One of the good things about being a pet is being able to sleep whenever you want and no one giving two cusses, kupo. So doing a human thing there is not fun, even if someone wants to be a human.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

And I almost forgot, the 9 talied fox said that a REWARD was waiting for King to compesate Pete's evil doings.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/2010/07/ ... ts-not-so/
So yes. I do think Mile's family was a good thing for him.
edit: okay now I understand what you meant.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

man I am totally spoiled by this updating every day thing

I don't know if I can go back to three strips a week, daddy needs his medicine
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:man I am totally spoiled by this updating every day thing

Would you prefer Grape or Peanut flavored?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Re: Arc 42: Not All Frogs

Post by CaptainPea »

Tha Housedog wrote:He just wants to stay away from his human life.
Well, I just saw it this way: what would you do if you had changed your name, and then something fell from the sky with your old name printed on it? I'd be a bit spooked, and I'd probably either ditch it like King does or keep it and then get paranoid.
IceKitsune wrote: Nope me and Sinder were right! :D
Based on what, exactly? All we know right now is that bad stuff is expected to happen, and it's implied that it's connected to King throwing away the watch.
Sleet wrote:
angelusbr wrote:Maybe it's just the dog piece of him.
One of the good things about being a pet is being able to sleep whenever you want and no one giving two cusses, kupo. So doing a human thing there is not fun, even if someone wants to be a human.
Given his tendencies towards cynicism and bad luck, I'd doubt if King will ever be in a situation in the comic where he's perfectly content.
Image Image
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote: Nope me and Sinder were right! :D
Based on what, exactly? All we know right now is that bad stuff is expected to happen, and it's implied that it's connected to King throwing away the watch.
Actually we don't know if the trouble has to do with King throwing the Watch away, and that would be kind of stupid if it did. Why would that make it any more of a problem then the watch falling to earth in the first place? As for me and Sinder being right about him not seeing the name on the watch, well he didn't even go back for it now did he. Along with everything I said before.

Edit: Plus its a much simpler explanation anyway.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

IceKitsune wrote:Actually we don't know if the trouble has to do with King throwing the Watch away, and that would be kind of stupid if it did.
That's certainly true, it was already uncharacteristically dark yesterday before he threw it out.
IceKitsune wrote:As for me and Sinder being right about him not seeing the name on the watch, well he didn't even go back for it now did he. Along with everything I said before.
Why would he go back and get it? What I assumed was that he found it creepy, and people generally avoid things that they find creepy. That's the kind of thing most people would push to the back of their mind and try to convince themselves they imagined.
Image Image
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

CaptainPea wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Actually we don't know if the trouble has to do with King throwing the Watch away, and that would be kind of stupid if it did.
That's certainly true, it was already uncharacteristically dark yesterday before he threw it out.
IceKitsune wrote:As for me and Sinder being right about him not seeing the name on the watch, well he didn't even go back for it now did he. Along with everything I said before.
Why would he go back and get it? What I assumed was that he found it creepy, and people generally avoid things that they find creepy. That's the kind of thing most people would push to the back of their mind and try to convince themselves they imagined.
But He knows about the game and everything having to do with that, so I think that he would be a heck of a lot more interested in something that had his original name on it. I would think that he would want something that fell from the sky with his name on it to be checked out at the very least and he even knows someone who could do that. In fact it would be really stupid on his part if he didn't do that and throwing it away would be even dumber. So it's just a lot more likely that he didn't see the name at all due to the small print and darkness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I find it odd that Rick would write King throwing the watch away in a dumpster and then getting it later, kupo. I'd think if it gets thrown away, that's suggesting that someone else will find it.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

Sleet wrote:I find it odd that Rick would write King throwing the watch away in a dumpster and then getting it later, kupo. I'd think if it gets thrown away, that's suggesting that someone else will find it.
Like Peanut! *crosses fingers*
Crazy-8

Post by Crazy-8 »

Of course, the most logical course of events is "other pets find it, mess with it, king in trouble, gets watch back, happy timez" however its the way that all of this happens is the interesting part, like what WOULD they do with the watch, and how WOULD it affect king
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think it is obvious that the watch will become a part of Rex's watch collection.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sinder wrote:man I am totally spoiled by this updating every day thing

Now now Sinder, we can't be burning the furret out.
FlyAwayNow

Post by FlyAwayNow »

I really have to ponder on what exactly is at stake in this game.

Cosmic Level Horror brought upon by a disgruntled player playing a cosmic-version of Life has to have a little more to it.
Que Lastima
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Y'know, with Pete captured, and presumably in heaven's version of jail, this might mean the end of the game. I wonder if this is how it ends.
My characters
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

he has to roll doubles to get out

or pay a fine, but he's naked, so he probably doesn't have any money
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

oh no

not my precious, nubile neck
ImageImage
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well he knows what hes looking for and where it is but I bet someone,most likely a feral,has already taken it in order to keep the arc going. I really doubt its going to be as simple as going and getting it from the dumpster he threw it in.
Skruffy

Post by Skruffy »

This is why Sabrina is so awesome :lol: Love king in the third and fourth panels
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh Sabrina, you make exposition-heavy comics so much more enjoyable!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I do believe that Sabrina loves to mess with her doggies. Too bad Peanut is immune! :lol:

I love how much trouble king is right now.
My characters
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

<Cens'd>! I lost the game again,
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Alex

Post by Alex »

Awesome, as usual. I love Sabrina! And King's expressions are funny, too. I wonder if someone has found the watch by now....
*Still thinks the raccoons will find it*
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Barkeron

Post by Barkeron »

Just commenting on King's expression in the second and thrid panels.

That's the expression of, I totally screwed.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Okay, this wasn't something that quite fit in the exposition and isn't completely necessary to fully explain, but I will explain it here: there was an issue with transforming King into a dog. His soul had to be transferred to dog heaven; however, the rules to get into dog heaven are much more lenient. He's still got some human-rooted bitterness inside him, and some of the celestial bureaucrats think that basically handing him a free pass is unfair. That's why his soul is in limbo (but not Limbo, or the game limbo) until he either fully embraces being a dog or else goes back to being a human.

I might fit this in later in the comic, since clearly King wouldn't intuitively understand this either.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:lol: OK that is really great Rick! Thanks for sharing that with us. Oh poor King :lol:
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

rickgriffin wrote:Okay, this wasn't something that quite fit in the exposition and isn't completely necessary to fully explain, but I will explain it here: there was an issue with transforming King into a dog. His soul had to be transferred to dog heaven; however, the rules to get into dog heaven are much more lenient. He's still got some human-rooted bitterness inside him, and some of the celestial bureaucrats think that basically handing him a free pass is unfair. That's why his soul is in limbo (but not Limbo, or the game limbo) until he either fully embraces being a dog or else goes back to being a human.

I might fit this in later in the comic, since clearly King wouldn't intuitively understand this either.
It'll be better if you fit it in some exposition later in the comic, because it's better to let the comic tell its own story. Don't get me wrong, I liked your explanation here, but someone who don't see the forums is going to think "What the (censored) is going on?" like I was until you made things clear here.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

rickgriffin wrote:Okay, this wasn't something that quite fit in the exposition and isn't completely necessary to fully explain, but I will explain it here: there was an issue with transforming King into a dog. His soul had to be transferred to dog heaven; however, the rules to get into dog heaven are much more lenient. He's still got some human-rooted bitterness inside him, and some of the celestial bureaucrats think that basically handing him a free pass is unfair. That's why his soul is in limbo (but not Limbo, or the game limbo) until he either fully embraces being a dog or else goes back to being a human.

Thanks for the explanation Rick. Now this brings up a minor question that I must ask or it shall bug me: 1. If there is a Heaven for every type of animal (which is implied by there being a dog heaven and it not being an Animal Heaven.) can the other heaven visit each other?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

rickgriffin wrote:the rules to get into dog heaven are much more lenient.
That doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

We need to come up with a more concise name before we release this movie.