Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by angelusbr »

Tobee wrote:Or even better

...Peragon. LE GASP
This^
let the fanfic madness begin!
Now, seriously, I wonder if Tarot actually feels something towards peanut or not. Unless Peanut is like "OMG, a magic dragon loves me", he WILL feel horrible if Tarot doesn't love thim.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by copper »

The relationship confusion just went up about ten levels, didn't it? :|

I think peanut will see the dragon's gesture as friendly, not romantic. I imagine he's a little thick with that sort of thing. Tarot probably enjoys his company, but knows that his heart already belongs to another...

Sorry, just a little bit of Valentine's Day cheesiness! And yes, I meant Grape! :lol:
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine
Posts: 5865
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Location: Mountainous places
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Blue Braixen »

copper wrote:The relationship confusion just went up about ten levels, didn't it? :|

I think peanut will see the dragon's gesture as friendly, not romantic. I imagine he's a little thick with that sort of thing. Tarot probably enjoys his company, but knows that his heart already belongs to another...

Sorry, just a little bit of Valentine's Day cheesiness! And yes, I meant Grape! :lol:
Because anything else would be unacceptable! x3
Image
Image

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: End of Time
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Alex »

Wow, the frost giant has a name now!
Poor Sabrina...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

Didn't it always have a name?
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Dissension
Mr. Sunshine
Posts: 8820
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Dissension »

*peers*

Yes.

Yes, it did.

And that name was Aurgelmir.
rickgriffin wrote:Diss is literally the Devil

User avatar
FlyAwayNow
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:26 pm
Location: Scatland

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by FlyAwayNow »

Well, that was a "Hurr Durr" situation.
Que Lastima

User avatar
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine
Posts: 5865
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Location: Mountainous places
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Blue Braixen »

Has anyone else noticed the title of the newest comic? It says "Kissy Faes" instead of, I think, "Kissy Faces."
Image
Image

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: End of Time
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Alex »

How big is the spirit dragon anyway? She seemed smaller the last time...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

It's a pun on "fae" I think.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by IceKitsune »

Alex wrote:How big is the spirit dragon anyway? She seemed smaller the last time...
I'm pretty sure she can change her size at will just like any of The Cosmic Nerds can. I mean they are powerful enough.

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by CaptainPea »

I think the changing size of the semi-omnipotent mythological animals is one of the lesser crimes of artistic license this comic has committed. ;)

Also upon seeing this comic I just had to point out
In the comments section, I wrote:Now I can’t stop imagining Peanut as voiced by Don Adams
This brings a whole new level of humor to the strip
Image
Image Image

User avatar
Barkeron
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Barkeron »

copper wrote:
I think peanut will see the dragon's gesture as friendly, not romantic. I imagine he's a little thick with that sort of thing. Tarot probably enjoys his company,

This. ^

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7070
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by GameCobra »

copper wrote:Tarot probably enjoys his company, but knows that his heart already belongs to another...
The funny thing is, if Tarot does indeed think like that, i would find it quite pleasing if she ended up sticking with him because she keeps thinking that only for in the end she ends up being what he wanted XD
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by copper »

This next update sounds like it will be a doozy! A big update? I can't wait...

Edit: That is one strange policy. :lol:

Peanut screaming that line was hilarious.

Sooo. Peanut's happiness depends on staying with tarot/ Does that mean that if he and Grape end up together bad things will happen?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

I like how Peanut questions two ridiculous things in one strip. :P

That fire looks really cozy.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Sinder
Posts: 1735
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sinder »

Tarot is the dragon's avatar, which puts her in a prime position to protect Peanut from various types of mystical nastiness; however, the dragon also has a vested interest in Peanut, so her motives may not be entirely selfless.

I do hope there is some kind of payoff for all this down the road; this is the third fake dream sequence we've had in less than three years, and I am not at all a fan of these "provide bits and pieces of minor buildup and mysterious foreshadowing that will not be resolved until years later" storylines.
ImageImage
ImageImage

User avatar
IceKitsune
Posts: 5023
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by IceKitsune »

I have to agree with Sinder I hope it doesn't take forever for something to come out of it. And I don't really like the whole "It was a dream but not really" things when its done multiple times. It gets silly after a while. But great strip otherwise I can't wait to see what happens on Friday.
copper wrote:Sooo. Peanut's happiness depends on staying with tarot/ Does that mean that if he and Grape end up together bad things will happen?
Well Dragon said Linked to Tarot not Dating her, so that could mean anything really from dating to just being good friends. Or something else for all we know. Because we don't know what the requirements are to have a psychic linked to some one.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Two_Twig
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:45 pm
Location: 50 paces *points* thataway

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Two_Twig »

Sinder wrote:I am not at all a fan of these "provide bits and pieces of minor buildup and mysterious foreshadowing that will not be resolved until years later" storylines.
I must agree, but I don't get the feeling that it's going be like that, in fact I get the feeling everything is going to be alllllright

Though I do have to ask... did Peanut ever drink that root beer?
Hold still ~I'M PAINTING THE WORLD
----
My Devious account...
SIP. When is the next update coming? When you least expect it

mariomarc
Posts: 1725
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Ponyville
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by mariomarc »

copper wrote:This next update sounds like it will be a doozy! A big update? I can't wait...

Edit: That is one strange policy. :lol:

Peanut screaming that line was hilarious.

Sooo. Peanut's happiness depends on staying with tarot/ Does that mean that if he and Grape end up together bad things will happen?
how dare you say that
those two being together could only bring good

also nice twist on the "it was all a dream thing"

User avatar
Kyderra
Posts: 2725
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Kyderra »

*ding dong* = Peanut drops anything
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7070
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut in panel 4 = priceless. I also found it amusing that i didn't really care why Sabrina wasn't dripping with drool either, probably because it's a comic and you usually get things like that go away on the next page for some reason.

As far as the concern goes for the dreams go, i doubt it can be a running gag forever. considering at the moment it's just them three, i doubt the gag will happen for long. There maybe a exception for a possible prank from the spookmaster in the future in my opinion, but that's just speculation.

My only real comment about the arc was that i enjoyed it, but felt the whole Peanut/Sabrina situation was dragged on too long when we got to this point.. It didn't feel like it back then, but Panel 4 just made me think of Peanut doing something like this in one comic strip while at heaven's truck stop XD
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
Alex
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:41 pm
Location: End of Time
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Alex »

So there are 5 panels that contain Peanut's face, and he isn't smiling in any of them? This comic is so wrong... so unnatural... so impossible! But I liked this arc :lol:
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7


Image

User avatar
GameCobra
Posts: 7070
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by GameCobra »

*gasp* Grape is holding onto the frame of the comic!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image

User avatar
Macsen
Posts: 1813
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Location: Orlando, FL USA

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Macsen »

Alex wrote:So there are 5 panels that contain Peanut's face, and he isn't smiling in any of them? This comic is so wrong... so unnatural... so impossible! But I liked this arc :lol:
I think he's just trying to wrap his little doggy brain around everything. :P
Image
Image

Dubiousity
Posts: 5257
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am
Location: Someone save me from Jersey

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Dubiousity »

Instantly negated dream, awesome.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012

User avatar
Indagare
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 10:35 am

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Indagare »

IceKitsune wrote:I have to agree with Sinder I hope it doesn't take forever for something to come out of it. And I don't really like the whole "It was a dream but not really" things when its done multiple times. It gets silly after a while. But great strip otherwise I can't wait to see what happens on Friday.
I think the whole point is that it's supposed to be silly. As for the rest, some people really hate it when the Cosmic Geeks start showing up, so it's interesting to see people who want to know more of them or what's going on. Really, though, nothing can happen until Pete gets a full avatar, so presumably down the road somewhere Rick will address this. Otherwise onto more slice-of-life-slash-romantic-comedy shenanigans! *parties*
Image"Remember kids, only you can prevent a fiery apocalypse!"

User avatar
Aquablast
Posts: 1998
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Somewhere in this universe

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Aquablast »

Must be tough for Rick, as it seems like there are 2 different types of audience reading this comic!

User avatar
rickgriffin
Site Admin
Posts: 1898
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:36 pm
Location: Greetings from beautiful Place!
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by rickgriffin »

Sinder wrote:and I am not at all a fan of these "provide bits and pieces of minor buildup and mysterious foreshadowing that will not be resolved until years later" storylines.
Actually I don't like those either.

But the problem is that there was so much negativity surrounding the latter half of Dog Days of Summer that I figured I ought to be more careful about how I proceed. The good news is, however, there's an actual real plot complication coming up (soonish) that I hope will actually inject some more interest into that story arc.

And I figure, if its going to get dragged around like this, I might as well poke fun. Whenever I'm in the middle of a more dramatic story arc everyone's constantly terrified that I'm going to drop the silliness.

So when that comes (drama, not dropping of silliness), don't argue against or you're just making this go on longer.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers

User avatar
Barkeron
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Barkeron »

You know what I find funny, Peanut in the forth panel, screaming. xD. :lol:

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

I just now realized that "or was it?" has been done once each by each Celestial Nerd. I'm going to guess that's probably going to be the last time, then.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Barkeron
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Barkeron »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2011/02/ ... ment-62684

I starting to see the pattern here.

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by angelusbr »

rickgriffin wrote:
Sinder wrote:and I am not at all a fan of these "provide bits and pieces of minor buildup and mysterious foreshadowing that will not be resolved until years later" storylines.
Actually I don't like those either.

But the problem is that there was so much negativity surrounding the latter half of Dog Days of Summer that I figured I ought to be more careful about how I proceed. The good news is, however, there's an actual real plot complication coming up (soonish) that I hope will actually inject some more interest into that story arc.

And I figure, if its going to get dragged around like this, I might as well poke fun. Whenever I'm in the middle of a more dramatic story arc everyone's constantly terrified that I'm going to drop the silliness.

So when that comes (drama, not dropping of silliness), don't argue against or you're just making this go on longer.
I don't see any problem in the Dog's day of summer. I gguess that's because I like fantasy and drama (inside of the story).
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

User avatar
copper
Puppy Wrangler
Posts: 6362
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Florida
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by copper »

I really have no opinion either way right now. I am awaiting further developments on that aspect of the Housepets! universe.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

angelusbr wrote:I don't see any problem in the Dog's day of summer. I gguess that's because I like fantasy and drama (inside of the story).
A lot of people did, though. They were all, "Oh em gee, Cerebus syndrome! Ruined forever!"

Honestly, I don't care. I would be upset if all of the sudden this comic was drained of its silliness, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

User avatar
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU
Posts: 1689
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Foxstar »

angelusbr wrote:
Tobee wrote:Or even better

...Peragon. LE GASP
This^
let the fanfic madness begin!
Let's not.

User avatar
Barkeron
Posts: 870
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Barkeron »

Aquablast wrote:Must be tough for Rick, as it seems like there are 2 different types of audience reading this comic!
Well we have all kinds of audiences reading this comic. I won't mention what type however.

CaptainPea
Extremerator
Posts: 3958
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:19 pm
Location: a place of settlement, activity, or residence
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by CaptainPea »

Sleet wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I don't see any problem in the Dog's day of summer. I gguess that's because I like fantasy and drama (inside of the story).
A lot of people did, though. They were all, "Oh em gee, Cerebus syndrome! Ruined forever!"

Honestly, I don't care. I would be upset if all of the sudden this comic was drained of its silliness, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet.
Agreed, it's more Denser and Wackier (not in a negative sense of course) than Cerberus. As the strip goes on, it needs to pull from a wider subject area than it did initially so that it doesn't get stale.
And when the strip's focus shifts more fantastic (like Dog Days), it actually seems to me to become less serious, not more.
Last edited by CaptainPea on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image Image

User avatar
angelusbr
Posts: 1754
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by angelusbr »

Sleet wrote:
angelusbr wrote:I don't see any problem in the Dog's day of summer. I gguess that's because I like fantasy and drama (inside of the story).
A lot of people did, though. They were all, "Oh em gee, Cerebus syndrome! Ruined forever!"

Honestly, I don't care. I would be upset if all of the sudden this comic was drained of its silliness, but as far as I can tell, that hasn't happened yet.
I like the comic for it's comedy and also for it's good amount of seriousness (when given a chance). I don't see why it's the end of the world if Rick makes some serious arcs. He can still write funny stuff in other arcs. he can also place serious humor in the serious arcs. And Rick did this kind of stuff in Dog's days of Summer and it's nice and refreshing. Let the man do his comic and let's enjoy it. If you don't like it, okay, if you like it also okay. But keep one thing in mind: It's Ricky's comic.
There are some stuff I didn't like, but it's not because what he wrote was flawed, it was just about personal opinion, so I don't think it's fair to judge something solely because you didn't like and just that. I mean if you hate because of a plot hole, or the characters starting to act OOC it's reasonable and good that it's pointed out, but let's keep personal hatred from harming others, okay?
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus

User avatar
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back
Posts: 17218
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Contact:

Re: Arc #39: We're Snowed In!

Post by Sleet »

The amusing thing is that I'm pretty sure I don't remember anyone complaining the one time he drew a strip with no jokes.
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Post Reply