DOH HO HO WELL THEN
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Arc 38: Hope of the Pridelands

Post by copper »

Teh Brawler wrote:One half of the forum: "Ha, Res is funny."

The other half: "I identify so well with Res."

:P
I am of the latter half, unfortunately. I never know what to say to people.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Teh Brawler wrote:One half of the forum: "Ha, Res is funny."

The other half: "I identify so well with Res."

:P
actually i think the one who is neither
Last edited by mariomarc on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm in both camps.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Sleet wrote:I'm in both camps.
Took the words out of my mouth, good sir.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

ctcmjh wrote:
Took the words out of my mouth, good sir.
Thirded, actually.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Same here
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

IceKitsune wrote:
Same here
Yep.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Res is funny xD but I don't identify with him/her. Also, I just wanted to say, that if Res really is the real writer of Pridelands, I doubt he's gonna say it to anyone. But on the other hand, Grape might get his/her trust, so he/she will tell her...
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I hope Grape won't go into a "fan beserk mode" on Res making everyone know about his/her secret. I don't think Res' owner would like to see her pet getting more attention than her
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Anthroguy101

Hay gais maibee we shuld use teh hastags nao!

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Tha Housedog wrote:Why do I have the feeling that I called it big time when I guessed that Mrs. Auburn would be nothing like Grape imagined...most likely a complete jerk?
I'm sure none of us saw that coming. #sarcasm.
Nitrosparxx

Post by Nitrosparxx »

What gets me is just how popular this new character has gotten...then again he IS a character that is easy to Identify with. Still I highly doubt he'll stick around.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Nitrosparxx wrote:What gets me is just how popular this new character has gotten...then again he IS a character that is easy to Identify with. Still I highly doubt he'll stick around.
I think he's hilarious, if only for the readers' reaction to him.
Image Image
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I think we're probably right about Res being the real writer, the question is: what does it mean on a broader scale? Why is Ms. Auburn taking the credit? How does Res feel about this? Perhaps it was his idea, because he's shy? Maybe he's just the source of ideas, and she's writing for him?

Maybe Res is a boy and Grape will have his kittens? Or, if Res is a girl, she'll have Max's kittens? Maybe no one will be having kittens? What about poppies? I'm a creepy fan who wants to see stuff like that happen because it will gratify me in some disturbing way. >:|
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If Res is a boy, Max is going to be super jealous. That poor cat, always having to fight over his own girlfriend's affection. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sleet wrote:If Res is a boy, Max is going to be super jealous. That poor cat, always having to fight over his own girlfriend's affection. :P
Either that or he'll find himself in the same situation as when he learned that Grape was a girl....
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Maybe Res is a boy and Grape will have his kittens? Or, if Res is a girl, she'll have Max's kittens? Maybe no one will be having kittens? What about poppies? I'm a creepy fan who wants to see stuff like that happen because it will gratify me in some disturbing way. >:|
*walks away slowly*
*run and hides in closet*
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:creepy breeding references lol
*Broom Tomahawk*

>_> Now that that's out of the way... I'm more curious about what Maxwell's up to, honestly. I wouldn't think he'd be gone 3 hours myself unless it was something important, but i'm also curious if he met someone else at the Food court considering it's loaded with cats.

I would find it humorously ironic he met someone else related to Miss Auburn and both Grape and Max are just... really lucky @_@
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I think we're probably right about Res being the real writer, the question is: what does it mean on a broader scale? Why is Ms. Auburn taking the credit? How does Res feel about this? Perhaps it was his idea, because he's shy? Maybe he's just the source of ideas, and she's writing for him?

Maybe Res is a boy and Grape will have his kittens? Or, if Res is a girl, she'll have Max's kittens? Maybe no one will be having kittens? What about poppies? I'm a creepy fan who wants to see stuff like that happen because it will gratify me in some disturbing way. >:|
To the first part: There are many overlapping instances in the comic as a whole (sorry, there's a better way to say this, but my brain has once again gone on strike) of the animals not being treated like they should. Although they boast an intelligence that is equal or greater to that of humanity, they are still treated as nothing more then mindless wild beasts. Although it's just a theory, I think this is going to be another instance of a human taking advantage of this. Miss Auburn is probably stealing (for lack of a better term) Res work and does not want him/her to let other animals know that he/she is the actual writer. Now this theory is most plausible because of the foreshadowing in the beginning of this arc with Peanut, the conversation that Res and Grape have about his/her owner (Rick for the love of all that good and fluffy, please give this character a sex), and his/her reactions to various instances. Although I could be reading to much into the story and am going off onto a wild tangent....Que Sera Sera.

To the second part: Yes, you are a very creepy individual. Sad thing is, not the creepiest thing I've seen/heard, but what do you expect when my best friend is nicknamed the Morbid Hobbiest.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

Ratros wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:I think we're probably right about Res being the real writer, the question is: what does it mean on a broader scale? Why is Ms. Auburn taking the credit? How does Res feel about this? Perhaps it was his idea, because he's shy? Maybe he's just the source of ideas, and she's writing for him?

To the first part: There are many overlapping instances in the comic as a whole (sorry, there's a better way to say this, but my brain has once again gone on strike) of the animals not being treated like they should. Although they boast an intelligence that is equal or greater to that of humanity, they are still treated as nothing more then mindless wild beasts. Although it's just a theory, I think this is going to be another instance of a human taking advantage of this. Miss Auburn is probably stealing (for lack of a better term) Res work and does not want him/her to let other animals know that he/she is the actual writer. Now this theory is most plausible because of the foreshadowing in the beginning of this arc with Peanut, the conversation that Res and Grape have about his/her owner (Rick for the love of all that good and fluffy, please give this character a sex), and his/her reactions to various instances. Although I could be reading to much into the story and am going off onto a wild tangent....Que Sera Sera.

To the second part: Yes, you are a very creepy individual. Sad thing is, not the creepiest thing I've seen/heard, but what do you expect when my best friend is nicknamed the Morbid Hobbiest.
why is your best friend nicknamed that?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That doesn't have anything to do with the comic, so why don't we instead talk about why Res has a maple leaf for a collar tag. Is Ms. Auburn Canadian, do you think?

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ratros wrote:

rickgriffin wrote:Or possibly I already guessed how people would assume this story would end and then took it a different route, and you saying it just means it's all going according to plan
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:That doesn't have anything to do with the comic, so why don't we instead talk about why Res has a maple leaf for a collar tag. Is Ms. Auburn Canadian, do you think?
The most sensible answer i like to give to this is:

I think Miss Auburn and her cat may live away from the town or at least on the cornerstone near the woodland critters. Even closer than the Arbelts.

As for being Canadian? In a comic world-sense, i would say if her cat wore it, she's from that nationality too, but i like to think of the maple leaf as a symbol of their lifestyle of choice.

Though it would be awesome if they were Canadian. That's my rant of the week @_@
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

No, Miss Auburn isn't one of them, and unlike Babylon Gardens, treats her pet like a pet, not a child.

Maybe even worse than a pet, from what I've seen. Dare I say, slave? :evil:
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Kitch wrote:No, Miss Auburn isn't one of them, and unlike Babylon Gardens, treats her pet like a pet, not a child.

Maybe even worse than a pet, from what I've seen. Dare I say, slave? :evil:
That would be messed up.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Alex

Post by Alex »

Do slaves get laptops from their masters?
Richarson Valley

Liam

Post by Liam »

If they need it for their slave labor...

Not that I necessarily agree with the ghostwriter theory, because that would be too obvious. Res is most definitely Miss Auburn's species-changed counterpart from the Mirror Universe.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Alex

Post by Alex »

So all we know about Mrs. Auburn is that she has a pet and that she's a bit of a perfectionist. But you guys made her look like the most evil woman that ever existed. Wow. Congratulations :P

On the other hand, I think that Res' white paws are really cute. At first sight I thought he's wearing gloves xD
Richarson Valley

Ratros

Post by Ratros »

Teh Brawler wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Or possibly I already guessed how people would assume this story would end and then took it a different route, and you saying it just means it's all going according to plan
You forgot to include the evil laughter.
And then God saw the havoc that humanity had wrought upon the earth, and he said unto them 'muffins and cookies kids, get off my lawn'
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Alex wrote:Do slaves get laptops from their masters?
If their job is pumping out novels, of course.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I know this is late, but I like the color change of Res' tag.

Also, if Res and Grape are getting along so well, maybe Res will let Grape see his/her laptop?

And as for why Res has the laptop in the first place, maybe Res gets to read Ms. Auburn's stories as she writes. Maybe Res is reading a draft of the next book to give his/her input on it, so Ms. Auburn can get a cat's perspective on it. Res doesn't have to be a ghostwriter/slave you know.
My characters
Ratros

Post by Ratros »

I bet Miss Auburn is really nice, and she flies Grape and Res to her villa where she serves the two of them cake and coffee.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Alex wrote:So all we know about Mrs. Auburn is that she has a pet and that she's a bit of a perfectionist. But you guys made her look like the most evil woman that ever existed. Wow. Congratulations :P

On the other hand, I think that Res' white paws are really cute. At first sight I thought he's wearing gloves xD
Thank you, I was just about to say this. Seriously guys, I don't see any evidence that she's actually abusive to him or anything like that especially since he's eating a burrito and typing on a laptop in a coffee shop. She might just not be the best owner.

And after reading what Teh Brawler quoted, it's also entirely possible that we're wrong (though I think him just being a boring pet would be boring), and she's just writing a book and all his writing lives in her shadow. There's alot of different options here, and I'm just anxious waiting for the next comic to finally come out...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:
Alex wrote:So all we know about Mrs. Auburn is that she has a pet and that she's a bit of a perfectionist. But you guys made her look like the most evil woman that ever existed. Wow. Congratulations :P

Thank you, I was just about to say this. Seriously guys, I don't see any evidence that she's actually abusive to him or anything like that especially since he's eating a burrito and typing on a laptop in a coffee shop. She might just not be the best owner.

And after reading what Teh Brawler quoted, it's also entirely possible that we're wrong (though I think him just being a boring pet would be boring), and she's just writing a book and all his writing lives in her shadow. There's alot of different options here, and I'm just anxious waiting for the next comic to finally come out...
1. Because there's no shortage of bad owners in Housepets :P (seriously, Miss Auburn would be like the fifth)

2. I'm not saying that there isn't a huge plot twist, but Rick made that comment about the ghostwriter theory, if I remember correctly, so I'm going to assume that's not going to happen. (Besides, it seems so cliched to me)
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

You know what I don't even really care right now if Res is the writer of the Pridelands Series or not. I'm more interested in what in the world Max has been doing. I doubt that hes been just eating and wandering around for 3 hours, though I guess that is possible, but you'd think he get bored of that and want to be with Grape.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Max is probably harassing Joey. You know Joey showed up.
My characters
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Even i think harassing for 3 hours straight is too much. or even one hour at the mall.

I'm inclined to believe since they are in a mall he found something interesting to get Grape for Christmas in addition to the Prideland book. I hope that's what it is!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Maybe Max got lost?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:Even i think harassing for 3 hours straight is too much. or even one hour at the mall.

I'm inclined to believe since they are in a mall he found something interesting to get Grape for Christmas in addition to the Prideland book. I hope that's what it is!
Yeah this is very possible and would be sweet of Max, but that brings up the question of why getting her a present would take 3 Hours exactly I mean the mall can't be that big. Plus I don't think Grape would be that hard to buy for based on the limited money Pets usually have.
Tha Housedog wrote:Maybe Max got lost?
I think Max is too smart to get lost in a Mall but that would be funny, also as I said above the Mall can't be that big.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Although i would give Max more credit... i think it is possible for him to get lost. I would just find it odd it would happen on the day of the new Prideland book. Grape would kill him @_@