HPU: Sunset Plateau OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Challenger01

Re: PF: Sunset Plateau OOC

Post by Challenger01 »

You know... I saw it, but I thought you caught it and didn't feel like being the Grammar Police... Sorry I didn't tell you earlier :P
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
The Game

Post by The Game »

Challenger01 wrote:You know... I saw it, but I thought you caught it and didn't feel like being the Grammar Police... Sorry I didn't tell you earlier :P
It's alright! Just point out the next one you see.

And btw, Shamrock's acting more charming then a '4' :lol:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I was thinking more on the lines of a 'haunted' abbey/shrine/church. I'll put more about the altar area, stairs up to the belfry (Nihm is a bat after all :D), and the large, weaving, complex, deep, underground crypt that lies hidden behind the stairwell later. I'm eating lunch right now.

@the game: lol, it happens to the best of us. I'll try and keep a look out for ya.

EDIT: I was just thinking. What if sunset was a north-western seaside town? Then the crypt could lead to a beach, a cliff opening, or both?
Last edited by xhunterko on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

@The Game... still basing that off of the Luck stat my dear :P Remember, Luck can help increase all other stats :D
I'm going to go to a Furry Convention wearing a shirt that says "I'm a Furry. All I do I Pawrty" Please tell me you get that joke.
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Goin campin tonight and the next two days, just givin a heads up
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Forty Six & 2 wrote:Goin campin tonight and the next two days, just givin a heads up
Well, at least Dakota's in a good place, watching that movie, right?

Have a good weekend, don't let the bugs crawl into your tent! :mrgreen:
"I watch ponies now! Ponies are cool!"

Darien Shephard - SP - S-4 P-9 E-3 C-8 I-10 A-2 L-6
Dusk Roscoe - YF - S-4 P-7 E-7 C-5 I-5 A-8 L-6
Roxanne Cooper - BPS - S-4 P-6 E-4 C-7 I-8 A-7 L-6
EmoPeanut

Post by EmoPeanut »

I have a question. Since the Kitsune, Spirit dragon, and pete were introduced to the comic, could they influence the RP?

and if we were allowed, they would appear in freaky dreams or something, to not mess with the no magic rule and all.

And do you think Spirit would be allowed? Since Tarot can't be in the RP, if my idea was okay, do you think Spirit dragon should be allowed?
Im crazy......WAFFLES!!!
valerio

Post by valerio »

EmoPeanut wrote:I have a question. Since the Kitsune, Spirit dragon, and pete were introduced to the comic, could they influence the RP?

and if we were allowed, they would appear in freaky dreams or something, to not mess with the no magic rule and all.

And do you think Spirit would be allowed? Since Tarot can't be in the RP, if my idea was okay, do you think Spirit dragon should be allowed?
Not in my opinion.
Rick made it clear in a thread dedicated to the matter: These powerful creatures are playing their game INSIDE the comic's event, just like a sub-arc. Their presence is limited to Babylon Gardens, more specifically to Tarot, Peanut and (formerly) King while Pete is looking for a new avatar.
A fanfiction, like I'm planning, could cover a crossover, but a crossover is so far not allowed in the RP rules.
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

Two things on the building subject:

One, Hunter, if you want Khun and Paige to stop in there, I'm quite alright with that.
Two... The Pecan Building. Well, may I just say I feel honored, even if it wasn't intentional. X3
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

valerio wrote:
EmoPeanut wrote:I have a question. Since the Kitsune, Spirit dragon, and pete were introduced to the comic, could they influence the RP?

Not in my opinion.
Rick made it clear in a thread dedicated to the matter: These powerful creatures are playing their game INSIDE the comic's event, just like a sub-arc. Their presence is limited to Babylon Gardens, more specifically to Tarot, Peanut and (formerly) King while Pete is looking for a new avatar.
A fanfiction, like I'm planning, could cover a crossover, but a crossover is so far not allowed in the RP rules.
It can be okay to make references to the comic, however, none of Rick's characters are allowed in this RP, nor can they influence the RP. Crossovers are generally not allowed.

So, your answer is no. Sorry EmoPeanut.
Challenger01 wrote:@The Game... still basing that off of the Luck stat my dear :P Remember, Luck can help increase all other stats :D
Nope, luck doesn't quuuiiiiiite do that. Luck makes you lucky, like winning coin flips, or when pushing a car out of the mud, you get good footing. Luck is not going magically increase your strength to lift the car out of the mud, or make you randomly more charming. Perhaps you guess the right thing to say, but beyond that, Luck shouldn't be altering your stats, so to speak.

*This message has been brought to you by random last page OOC checks* :P
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@EmoPeanut: Just wait until I get the nerve to write and post my dream sequence rules. One of the things that's been keeping them is character deaths and crossovers. I was a little uncertain about tackling death in dreams, but people do dream about dying. The crossover part is still hazy. I'm trying to decide to take a cop-out and say that 'it's a dream, and anything can happen in dreams', but still, if the mods say no crossovers for dreams, then no crossovers for dreams either. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it would be okay to have EmoPeanut pop up in Nicky's dream and mess with his mind a little. You know, a meet the creator type thing. But, still, I might be dreaming here.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Violent death definitely isn't allowed; the most you can really go as far as a killshot is when Grape ate that one mouse in the comic.

One thing you could do for a nightmare is to have the dream end right before the death (as nightmares usually do) or just not get too violent with it.

Crossovers in dreams: Well, that one will really depend on what you do with it. I'd generally say no unless you can really convince me otherwise.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

Buckdida wrote:
valerio wrote:

Not in my opinion.
It can be okay to make references to the comic, however, none of Rick's characters are allowed in this RP, nor can they influence the RP. Crossovers are generally not allowed.

So, your answer is no. Sorry EmoPeanut.
Why not have a separate type of spirit stuff here, that way it might be seen as referencing if we use different Mythical creatures for it. That ok? Or you can stick with the
"meet the maker" dream your choice i just wanted to point out that loophole :lol:
I'm a brony now, Bronies are cool - Doctor Whooves =3
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Well, of course, no violent death was going to be allowed. The deaths were more for if people wanted to do war dreams or other fighting dreams that may have involved, but not limited to: kung fu, old west shoot outs, war dreams(ww1/2/etc) giant robot battles(with them getting blown to pieces or zapped out of existence), dogfights(the air kind) and other such intense dreams as that sort.

The crossovers were not meant for one players character going into another players character neighborhood. For a visit, permanently, or otherwise. It was more on the case by case basis. lt was more for what I was mentioning before about the creator type dream. Or in a case where both characters are dreaming, would be having the same dream, or not. But I'm probably just going to go with both characters are dreaming. An example would be this:

Say for instance, Pecan wanted Paige to meet Raine. Since both characters would have to be dreaming, he could wait until after the day ends for both of them. Or if the day is over for one and not the other, have the other take a quick nap. That way, during the entire dream sequence, Raine wouldn't be posting in Richmond Acres at all. This is barring any house rules. If a neighborhood says that during a dream sequence characters can't crossover, then they cant crossover. However, here is how something like this would work.

Paige turns out the light of room and slowly crawled into bed. At least, he was sure he crawled into bed for when next he opened his eyes he was definitely not in bed.

Where in the karma am I? He asked, scratching his head. The white fog that permeated his vision excluded everything else but two figures walking up to him. One was a pet he couldn't quite see. The other was what appeared to be a human.

Good evening Paige! The human said cheerfully. I have someone I'd like you to meet. And apparently, she just learned that I created both of you! Isn't that fun?

Paige's mouth fell open. The human came into full view and so did the small ferret. Upon seeing him, she instantly cowered up around his legs.

What's going to happen to us? She asked, quivering.

Well, for now, I thought you two would try and make freinds. The human replied. I hope so, becuase your going to be in this dream for a while. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a button to push. A trap door will appear beneath your feet and you'll be instantly dropped in a dungeon! It's only a dream though, so you won't really die. I hope you two have fun down there.

The human dissapeared as quickly as he had come. Paige and Raine just stood there nervously for what seemed like a while. Then, all of a sudden, a white trap door opened beneath their feet. When next they came too, Paige found himself next to a familiar looking german shepard.

Oh, hello Khun, you too? Paige said.
---

Or something of that nature. However, as a general rule of thumb the crossover character wouldn't be posting any more in the original neighborhood until they woke up, were waken up (in the case of a nap). Basically, the player would be roleplaying the characters at the same time, like I do with Nihm and Khun. But that's my idea any ways.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Pecan wrote:Two things on the building subject:

One, Hunter, if you want Khun and Paige to stop in there, I'm quite alright with that.
Two... The Pecan Building. Well, may I just say I feel honored, even if it wasn't intentional. X3
tsk tsk, Pecan my dear: It WAS intentional, just like I still have all the intentions to write THAT scene we talked about, once ;)
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

@Buckdida: Yeah, I know Luck doesn't magically increase you strength, don't get me wrong... but Shamrock is consistently getting lucky by saying the right things... I figured a 9 Luck can do that... or should I cut it back a bit?
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Here's my take on the building.

The Haunted Pecan Abbey of Sunset Plateau is older then the community itself. Discovered by accident (as some coptic monastaries are) during the building of the city. Church leaders set aside the site and some surrounding area as a holy place. The abbey is made entirely of stone hewed from the small quarry just outside. While the building is two stories tall, it is only the size of a basketlball court. The floor of the abbey is divided in two. One half is the dedicated part of the church. The front doors on the right open into the church narthex (lobby) and is wide as a school bus. Going through the lobby brings one too the main seating area with twelve pews. at the end of is a two step altar with again a stone podium. A baptismal tank takes up the rest of the back with a stairwell leading into it.

The left half of the church floor contains 18 cells. There was generally 3 monks to a cell except for the last two cells. These cells were used for the pets of the monks. The monk cells were split by a hallway that came from it's own lobby. In which there was a stairwell that led up to an upper room. This apartment was used by the head abbot of the church and as a meeting area. Also, in the right corner of the abbey is a small bell tower. The tower can be accessed from a staircase at the right of the altar. The abbey lies parralell from the park's basketball court about a block away. The abbey is known as the Pecan Abbey because of a journal found in one of the cells during an excavation. Since it is the only record found in the church, the monk's name was bestowed upon the building. Due to the discriptions in the monk's journal, it was discovered that a basement crypt had been built with two exits leading to the sea. While a few attempts had been made to find it, efforts have become stinted because of rumors of the abbey being haunted. Even though it has only become known as haunted in recent times.

The story goes that a family of red tailed hawks had taken up residence in the building sometime back. The locals didn't mind it at all as no one really went there. The pair built their nest on the top of the remains of a cracked bell that was still there. That was their tragic mistake. A small group of roccous disrespectful pets and kids made their way into the forest and found the abbey. The youngsters made light of the place. After a roudy game of tag in the church pews, an adventurous kid noticed the bell tower entry way. Stepping inside, they found a long chain. Guessing it was used for a bell, the kid grabbed and pulled, crushing the eggs that were in the nest. The father had just got back from hunting himeself, and, witnessing the atrocity, went mad and attacked the bell ringer. The group was scurried out of the church by the mad hawk. The second disaster occured when one of the kids cried rabid hawk. A shot was fired out of nowhere as they got to the houses. When the female got back and learned what had happened, she simply lost it. She attacked a group of school kids at the park the following night and the flew back to the abbey. Hence giving the rumor of a ghost living there. Since then she has attacked anyone who gets close to her territory...
---

And that is my idea. The only problem I have with valerio's discription, is that it sounds a bit too generic for me. I thought that I might be able to do something different with a huanted abbey instead.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I love your idea! Really!
I had kept mine on the generic, since there is so little known about the area where SP lays. Yours is...wow! I vote for it all the way! Also, an old, abandoned chapel is so COOL'N'SPOOKY!
If I could ask of a favor out of this, is that you specified this old chapel used to belong to the Order of Saint Anthony Abbot, a catholic religious branch that believes that animals have souls too and should be treated with equal rights in front of God. I had created this order in my ficcie, true, but it'd be a nice touch of a reference. ONly if you want. Saint Anthony (San Antonio) is the protector of pets.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

I don't really mind whoever's idea we are using. Just remember that other people will be exploring it and I am not capable of describing someone else's imagination.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Oooh, it's so hard to decide! :|

Both of those ideas for the abandoned building are great!

valerio

Post by valerio »

the chapel!! :D
Pecan
Game Master

Post by Pecan »

The chapel scenario reminds of something from Redwall. I absolutely love that series. If we go that route, expect comments from Paige on "the similarities of a book I have read."

Oh, and Hunter? Her name is spelled Rain, just so you know. ^^
Paige Turner - The Stargazing Polyglot! - S4 P7 E6 C4 I10 A4 L7 (SP)
Will Turner - The Timid Survivor! - S5 P4 E8 C3 I6 A10 L6 (SP)
Timothy Cotton - The Overenthusiastic Soccer Star S6 P4 E8 C5 I5 A9 L5 (Zoo)
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

wow every investigator like pet in sunset is gay, wow i just did not expect that :lol: this is turning interesting, all I need to faint is my rl boyfriend coming here and joining the rp then...then i'll faint :lol:
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

YingBlanc wrote:wow every investigator like pet in sunset is gay, wow i just did not expect that :lol: this is turning interesting, all I need to faint is my rl boyfriend coming here and joining the rp then...then i'll faint :lol:
You mean Ying, Kanashi and Darien? ;) Hmmm, they could team up sort of like a fabulous Charlie's Angels, but with less fighting and more writing! :lol:

valerio

Post by valerio »

The Broken Fox wrote:
YingBlanc wrote:wow every investigator like pet in sunset is gay, wow i just did not expect that :lol: this is turning interesting, all I need to faint is my rl boyfriend coming here and joining the rp then...then i'll faint :lol:
You mean Ying, Kanashi and Darien? ;) Hmmm, they could team up sort of like a fabulous Charlie's Angels, but with less fighting and more writing! :lol:
And Valiant as Charlie :mrgreen:
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

valerio wrote:
The Broken Fox wrote:
And Valiant as Charlie :mrgreen:
:lol:

Who'd be Bosley?

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok guys after thinking it over I think we should postpone the Time Skip for one more day so we can give the Mall group time to meet with the new comers to the neighborhood and also to finally explore that building in the wood that we have been meaning to do for a while. Does anyone object to that? Also I like the church idea for it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

*raises paw* I'm all for it! :D :D
YingBlanc

Post by YingBlanc »

I'm good for it as well
Challenger01

Post by Challenger01 »

I also agree... this will also give Destiny and Shamrock time to further their relationship :D
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

I'm okay with one more day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the time we finish that, the timeskip will put us somewhere in February. Hmmm... Valentine's day, anyone? ;)

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well we can skip to anytime we want not just to February (as long as we are in that month or it has passed already of course.)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

I don't mind the time skip delay either. My only initial plan was to get us up to the building, maybe through the door. And then however much further after that was up to Valerio. I'm glad you all like the idea. :)

@Pecan: Oops. Sorry, my Gundum background slipped. I've never read 'Redwall'. I've looked at it once or twice though, so I know sort of what it's about. He'll have a hayday with the underground crypt too.
valerio

Post by valerio »

xhunterko wrote:I don't mind the time skip delay either. My only initial plan was to get us up to the building, maybe through the door. And then however much further after that was up to Valerio. I'm glad you all like the idea. :)
All I can say is, these visitors are gonna get in so much trouble...
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

The time skip delay may be unnecessary, as we can simply do the introductions OOC during the time skip. But it is up to you guys to decide.
Forty Six & 2
Location: On the streets, checkin out this forum on a stolen iPhone.

Post by Forty Six & 2 »

Summary please?
Off the Air.
Image You'll be going like this the whole time.
Dakotah- S5, P7, E7, C5, I6, A6, L4
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Y'all don't mind if I join Sunset, do ya?
valerio

Post by valerio »

Tha Housedog wrote:Y'all don't mind if I join Sunset, do ya?
YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

Forty Six & 2 wrote:Summary please?
I don't believe Nicky has done anything else yet since EmoPeanut's last post.

For Blueberry's group, they finished playing skeeball. Blueberry won with 280 points, while Eris got 270 points and Lance got 260 points. And they just finished a racing game, with Lance in the first place, Blueberry second, and Eris in the third place.

As for the other groups... Well, I still haven't caught up yet either! XD
Tha Housedog wrote:Y'all don't mind if I join Sunset, do ya?
Sure, why not? Just post your character here or in the main OOC (remember to link it here) and wait for Ice's approval.
The Broken Fox

Post by The Broken Fox »

Forty Six & 2 wrote:Summary please?
Ying and Kanashi are shopping and discussing magic tricks.

Destiny took Shamrock home to introduce him to her Dad, and now they're headed for Shamrock's house for some talking, cuddling and probably some making out. 8-)

Paige and Khun and Nihm talked a bit about Pagie's unrequited crush on Destiny, and now they're going to Khun's house to get some food.

Darien met up with Rikki and Valiant and they invited him over, where the three of them had a long talk. Valiant and Darien traded a few secrets of theirs, the process of which included first tears then lots of blushing. :mrgreen: The two doggies are now chatting and unpacking, while Rikki left the house, so she'll probably meet someone soon.

I hope I didn't forget anything... :roll:

Also, yay for you Tha Housedog!!! :mrgreen: